Collapse

Flat Deal thru BROKER YesNo

Last updated: July 27 2009
23 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Flat Deal thru BROKER YesNo

can anyone in Pune can introduce me to a property broker who have the attitude to help the clients? or even know what the client needs?

discussing such topics are a waste of time and space.

Comment

Since we are on the subject of brokers, let me have my thinking. Go for a negotiation with a builder thr' a broker and see how he negotiates. Just survey the area you are willing to have your investment. Negotiate hard alongwith the broker and try to go deep into the negotiation and builder perspectives and needs. Then compare your requirements like budget/area/affordable EMI's and loan factor etc. You yourself go for the negotiation with the builder (same or may be different builder) and see how you have improved in negotiations and technical knowledge of purchasing a land/flat/bunglow etc.

Negotiate in such a way for 3 to 4 times and you will come to know the trends and technique of a good negotiation.

Remember - Salesmen always "sells" the flat at his highest rate while buyer always have the last word and he buys at "lowest" possible rate. These are all relative terms person to person. You have to go through negotiation 3 to 4 times and use your contacts to the maximum.

This is my experience. Next time you go for negotiation, you won't be demanding any deal thr' broker. For this, you really have to have patience and time to know the builders that you are a genuine buyer and not just a freak who has come just for an enquiry.

Thanks -

Comment

Flat deal thru broker (Yes/No) ?

NO! Never!

95% of Indian brokers are people, who are doing it either as side business or are not eligible for any occupation. In Delhi, I know a very few broker who are really good and professional, but others (95%) are those looking for some easy money.

Most of them are untrained and gain experience thru doing business. Their primary objective is COMMISSION/BROKERAGE fee. U can easily compare a real-estate broker with a quake doctor of a village.

Thats the only reason, this profession is still so immature and non-aligned. If you don't get any other route, then as a last option, take consultancy from brokers.

Good luck
        udayan.giri
        trustedproperty

Comment

Originally posted by udayan.giri View Post
          NO! Never!

95% of Indian brokers are people, who are doing it either as side business or are not eligible for any occupation. In Delhi, I know a very few broker who are really good and professional, but others (95%) are those looking for some easy money.

Most of them are untrained and gain experience thru doing business. Their primary objective is COMMISSION/BROKERAGE fee. U can easily compare a real-estate broker with a quake doctor of a village.

Thats the only reason, this profession is still so immature and non-aligned. If you don't get any other route, then as a last option, take consultancy from brokers.

Good luck
          I have visited a project Sai Marigold in PS thru a RE agent. The price quted was 2800 psf. however agent told me that we can negotiate it upto 2500-2600.
          Agent will not charge anything from me as they will get a commision from builder.
          So im in question that whether this is 2500psf rate is reasonalble for me?

Comment

Broker's Charges

Brokers normally charge 2% of the flat cost (not sure total cost or agreement cost) if you are purchasing.

if you are looking a rental property they normally charge 2 months rent.

For new flat I don't think you should contact broker...but if he can negotiate better than you then you can pay him on the saved amount.

Comment

Yes its true.

Visted a premier project. Price quoted very high on sales desk-5.5k,
              Had fore knowledge of agent price, asked if paid 50% or more cash upfront price came down by more than 1k and will be more NEGO. if u finally decide to buy.

So friend, ask two + brokers and u get an idea what is the discounted rates available for a particular project.
              If u have bonus in terms of ready cash / group booking / good position
              u add it up at the broker price to bargain for further cut.

Cheers

Comment

Say no to brokers

2-3% commission is not a big deal. The thing is all about misinformation and mistrust. Dealers usually sell you a product without knowing much of it. And they will answer all your query, whether be it true or not. The day you pay the cheque, the dealer is gone.

If you directly negotiate with a builder, in a group, you can get a same or a better discount.

So why not try yourself and keep the commission for you? After all, you are better educated than a real-estate dealer.

Comment

Resale option widt a broker!!

A decent resale option widt the help of a broker seems really difficult...at the same time 2% of a 30 lac deal wrks out to be arnd 60K for what?? dont think his cell bill for the deal can be more than Rs 60. don't think ne other investment is required also!!

views please??

Comment

Resale option widt a broker!!

A decent resale option widt the help of a broker seems really difficult...at the same time 2% of a 30 lac deal wrks out to be arnd 60K for what?? dont think his cell bill for the deal can be more than Rs 60. don't think ne other investment is required also!!

btw coming back to my particular case... the broker also dint do too much while on the negotiation table..i quoted my budget ..and it went up by just 25K to make the owner comfortable!! now even if the broker is expected to take care of all the legal documents, don;t think he deserves to be paid 60K for this much wrk!!

ne views / suggestions please??
                    Last edited by chinmay686; July 27 2009, 05:48 PM. Reason: length

Comment

Sensei,
                      Can you share the premium property as I am looking for a 3/4BHK property in Pune and looking at a price range between 3500-4500K per sq ft of budget.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X