After going thru negotiation process thru most of these builders, really wanna know if going thru a broker is the btr option? do they really know how much lower the builder can actually go, which many of us might not be knowing!!

what is the general brokerage they charge for the deal? is it flat or based on valuation of the flat!!

feedback.replies from personal experiences awaited!!!

Regards,

Chinmay
Read more
23 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Say no to brokers

2-3% commission is not a big deal. The thing is all about misinformation and mistrust. Dealers usually sell you a product without knowing much of it. And they will answer all your query, whether be it true or not. The day you pay the cheque, the dealer is gone.

If you directly negotiate with a builder, in a group, you can get a same or a better discount.

So why not try yourself and keep the commission for you? After all, you are better educated than a real-estate dealer.
    CommentQuote
  • Resale option widt a broker!!

A decent resale option widt the help of a broker seems really difficult...at the same time 2% of a 30 lac deal wrks out to be arnd 60K for what?? dont think his cell bill for the deal can be more than Rs 60. don't think ne other investment is required also!!

views please??
    CommentQuote
  • Resale option widt a broker!!

A decent resale option widt the help of a broker seems really difficult...at the same time 2% of a 30 lac deal wrks out to be arnd 60K for what?? dont think his cell bill for the deal can be more than Rs 60. don't think ne other investment is required also!!

btw coming back to my particular case... the broker also dint do too much while on the negotiation table..i quoted my budget ..and it went up by just 25K to make the owner comfortable!! now even if the broker is expected to take care of all the legal documents, don;t think he deserves to be paid 60K for this much wrk!!

ne views / suggestions please??
    CommentQuote
  • Sensei,
    Can you share the premium property as I am looking for a 3/4BHK property in Pune and looking at a price range between 3500-4500K per sq ft of budget.
    CommentQuote
  • Project

I had gone to Brahma Sun City at Kalyaninagar with a friend last month.

First, i was shown the Katrina Kaif show in their Lounge. Then Sales pitch started. The quoted price was ridicules above 1 Cr for the apartment in Phase - II.

Broker had informed abt a price of 39k/sf. On initial talk of 50 - 100 % cash down payment, the price was reduced upfront at sale man and was around 4200 psf, further nego. on final deal. So the least broker quoted price was some what correct at the max discounted price.

By the way resale apartment is available since last two days at price of 4150 psf in news paper, possession is next year.

PS: the bldg for Phase -II appears painted last week.

The start price for Phase -I was 1700 psf in 2007.
    Phase-II is centrally airconditioned, wood floor, modular kitchen, E-enabled etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Approach road

By the way their is no approach road for these project.

Its through a narrow lane in Wadgaon Sheri. The proposed road is through

Adlabs side which is stuck up near cerebrum IT park for quite some time.

A small farm separates the two sides abt 200 mtrs.

Once this road block is removed the prices at Sun City and Nyati

Meadows should increase slightly, since the current prices seem to factor

this already.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sansei
    By the way their is no approach road for these project.

Its through a narrow lane in Wadgaon Sheri. The proposed road is through

Adlabs side which is stuck up near cerebrum IT park for quite some time.

A small farm separates the two sides abt 200 mtrs.

Once this road block is removed the prices at Sun City and Nyati

Meadows should increase slightly, since the current prices seem to factor

this already.

That farm field belongs to a polititian from BJP who hold prime property in kalyani nagar - vadgaon shery border. And I don't think that road will be possible now as court case is pending and it is private land. All builders are selling property in vadgaon shery saying that road will open soo and it will make it Kalyani nagar -anex.
    CommentQuote
  • Sensei,
    Thanks.
    CommentQuote