Hey friends..
I am looking for a 1 or 2 BHK flat in Baner area.
Has any1 heard about the baner pashan link road.
Is the area good. Are there any good schemes.

Please Help..
Read more
150 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    +1. I am talking about this road only.

Litigation, litigation, litigation. Some land owners don't want to hand over, some want more money from PMC & some lands are already disputed. I don't think that land acquisition will complete before another 2 yrs or so seeing current pace & only after than the road will progress. The Vithalwadi-Warje road is going on for past 4+ yrs despite being put in DP in 2004 & still it is stuck as land is not acquired.

If you want to buy at BP link road, one has to take a call on the same road that of HDFC bank/Athashree & not this DP one, not to forget several parts here get flooded in heavy rains.

Sadly, I have to agree with what you are saying! This is the sorry state of affairs in Pune.
    But frankly, then, I dont think that link road in front of HDFC will also satisfy your criteria. At Baner side, this road is also stuck in litigations & is not properly tarred.

The main 120 feet wide is actally completed 50% from Pashan side. SO I think it will be completed...if not now then in 4-5 years. :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by boy.hash
    Sadly, I have to agree with what you are saying! This is the sorry state of affairs in Pune.
    But frankly, then, I dont think that link road in front of HDFC will also satisfy your criteria. At Baner side, this road is also stuck in litigations & is not properly tarred.

How can you read my mind ?? ;) Interesting.

The main 120 feet wide is actally completed 50% from Pashan side. SO I think it will be completed...if not now then in 4-5 years.

Thats the beauty of Pune RE buyers....Hoping against Hope !!
    Man, what you said if comes true will be boon for that area, but these speculations work well for investors, for end user, just enquire with some Sun Planet (Mittal Builders) resident whose only approach is Vithalwadi-Warje road & even this road may not see light of the day for another 2+ yrs based on inputs which I have got.

As said before, for end user, best to buy based on infra what you see TODAY. If it improves tomorrow, consider that as a bonus. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

How can you read my mind ??

Anyone can read once mind if he reads through thousands of posts by the person ;)

Originally Posted by realacres

Thats the beauty of Pune RE buyers....Hoping against Hope !!

I thoughts bears beat anyone hands down on - hoping against hope
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by s2pidf
    got a quote for 55L in Sai Vihar complex 2bhk 910sqft 7th floor apartment.. is that the going rate in pashan-sus rd for ready possession apartments? please advice.

Wats the latest rate at Sai Vihar and other societies.

waitign4crash. please excuse us :)
    CommentQuote
  • i hope concerned person grabbed the opportunity and bought it at 55 L. clearly 55L is too good for 2 BHK in that area now.
    CommentQuote
    27-07-12 - Today, while coming to office, I saw 3 men doing surveying work in front of Crystal Garden with Tri-Pods. (Baner-Pashan link road, Baner side). I asked him "was it for road?". He said yes.

In the discussion he said, the funds are released for building main Baner-Pashan link road. ( I am not sure though, if he was referring to entire link road or some portion of it, as some land is yet to be acquired).
    About land acquisition for road - He said that the land acquisition will be done. (Whether already done or to be done - I could not extract information from him)

I asked him “Will the road ready in 2 years?”. He said it will be ready in 7-8 months. I don’t have same optimism like him. But I think that there would be some progress in near future.

Hi,

I yesterday heard that the main Baner-Pashan Link Road(120 feet wide) is getting built & tarred from end to end (i.e. From Nano space IT park(/Crystal Garden) side to Pashan). I heard the stretch is excavated currently.
    Is it true? Are the litigation closed & Is the land acquired for the road?
    Not able to check myself as I am out of town.

Any first hand information, please.
    CommentQuote
    Hi,

I yesterday heard that the main Baner-Pashan Link Road(120 feet wide) is getting built & tarred from end to end (i.e. From Nano space IT park(/Crystal Garden) side to Pashan). I heard the stretch is excavated currently.
    Is it true? Are the litigation closed & Is the land acquired for the road?
    Not able to check myself as I am out of town.

Any first hand information, please.

I will give you last hand information - I dont know (because I am also out of town)

Just kidding.:)
    CommentQuote
  • Yes the construction of road has started
    They must have got the roadblocks cleared.
    The residents of the area are very happy.
    CommentQuote
  • Great!
    Thanks.
    Let's now hope that the road is of full width & with proper footpaths.
    CommentQuote
  • Nothing has changed even after 1 year! :bab (34):

Baner-Pashan Link Road lacks basic infrastructure - The Times of India
    CommentQuote
  • 1 year 3 days to be precise :D
    CommentQuote
    Nothing has changed even after 1 year! :bab (34):

Thanks for the link man. I had already posted about how this road is stuck in litigation in the year 2012 (post#136) & see even today, this remains a DP/PROPOSED road. But when we caution buyers not to buy based on such stuff, we are labelled pessimists. :D

Some highlights from the link you posted :-

Ravindra Sinha, a resident of Camellia Apartments and secretary of the Baner-Pashan Link Road Vikas Samittee, said the pending construction of the 120ft DP approved link road is the root cause of all the problems.

Pushkraj Marathe, a resident of Padmavilas Society, said he constantly worries about his family members while they cross the road. "I myself had a narrow escape last Friday when a water tanker missed my autorickshaw by a whisker. Almost four to five accidents happen on this road every month. The road is uneven with manholes on one side because of which most people drive almost in the middle of the two-way road. Space for footpaths has been marked, but construction has not started yet. So, people walk on the road. There are electric poles but streetlights are missing," Marathe said.

The two-km-long road stretches from Balaji Chowk on Sus Road to Baner Road. About one km road is just 30ft wide and is full of potholes. The other half of the road is broad and smooth but does not have streelights or medians which results in overspeeding and accidents.

^^ And still builders say this is most sought after area in West Pune, it has lot of potential due to DP this & PROPOSED that & demand prices which can put prices at even Brisbane, Aus to shame. :D
    CommentQuote
  • I would say the roads are touch improved in last one year. Let me repeat, just a touch. The road opposite to HDFC(Athashree) and leading towards Magnolia was desperate to see some tarmac. The (mediocre) quality seamlessly integrates with the notion of roads that we see in other parts of the city. However, this road is marred by a lane of cars parked from societies on either side of the road. This barely allows two alert cars to see pass each other. I have horrid memories of the pot holes on this road.

The situation of the main B-P link road is richly described by RealAcres above. To add to that water clogging, poor night visibility, a large gang of stray dogs of highly aggressive nature rules at night. Driving past 11PM on a two wheeler can be challenging. If you are a cyclist, jogger the window closes at 10.30PM till 6.45AM. Have seen heaps of waste scattered by dogs and squirmed by water currents in monsoon. Bus connectivity continues to be poor. Drinking water continues to be a rich resource. Have witnessed water tankers running ferries to various societies. Only few societies get PMC water for drinking purpose.(RealAcres can you confirm this please if you know?)

The larger and more smooth road where nanospace is, deserves a divider. Have seen some jerks driving at mind numbing speeds. Head on accidents are not exceptional.

Vehicles from this area and bound for Shivajinagar/University have to negotiate a small signal window to merge into the main traffic on Baner road. The other exit point is via Pashan road, but then, one has to go through Gaothan which is a pain. Once in a while you can get very unlucky and find yourself, behind or facing, a large herd of cows and buffalos, chewing and sauntering about. The poor animals know no means to respond to honking(and worked up) drivers who probably left their paush apartments seconds ago. :D

When one continues the Pashan road, further ahead, merging point at University is also painful due to short signal duration and just before merging the road narrows down given the traffic volume. Half a KM long queue to pass the signal is very common during peak hours. All this is escapable if you are out of the house before 9AM. As for evening, once you cross university bottleneck, either road allows a quick transit.

My two cents!!
    CommentQuote
  • Actually intead of honking on poor cattles, if u play Remo Fernandez's "ek ho gaye hum aur tum ... hamma hamma ..." song, they usually give way to you :D

However for 100 % result one needta import Arnold Shivajinagar This 1,400kg bull is a cash cow; owner turns down Rs 7 crore offer - The Times of India who gives proper tambi so local cattle to fall in line with traffic rules.

But who will pay 7 cr + for this added service :D and also risk of your car flying in air if u end up honking on cattle-bhai by mistake .

So one more cheaper way to say "raste se hat jaa, warnaa lalloo aa jayega, aur tera chara bhee khaa jayega". :)
    CommentQuote
  • Is there any update on the road construction or issue on water?
    CommentQuote