Hinjawadi also known as Hinjewadi officially is a locality now treated as the IT Village of Pune which is located on the NH4 bypass around the city of Pune in India.

Heard that many phases of Hinjewadi have been approved. Tried searching on GOOGLE, PCMC etc but nothing came out. Seems like all builder and broker spreading rumors to get IT buyers.

Got couple of news clips stating that even in Hinjewadi phase 3 though the companies have taken land, they are not doing anything. Moreover too many projects (big ones) Life Republic, Megapolis and Blue Ridge are coming up in that area providing too much supply and thereby causing a concern regarding rental income and appreciation over next 5 yrs.

Can someone provide CONCRETE information regarding the companies,SEZ, Phases, Schools, Hospitals, Railway station, overall future plan, govt support etc about Hinjewadi? Do we still need to travel 20 Km to reach city or railway station?

**Hinjawadi, over a period of time, has grown multifold to become one of the biggest industrial areas in and around Pune with a wide range of organizations operating from this area. Due to rapid development in this area, many aspects like Security, Transport etc get neglected. Time and again need for a joint forum has been felt by all people associated with Hinjawadi so that they can represent their needs to various government authorities for improvements.
Read more
Reply
328 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by tipto
    All.
    Future Plans??
    Can someone provide CONCRETE information regarding the companies,SEZ, Phases, Schools, Hospitals, Railway station, overall future plan, govt support etc about Hinjewadi?
    Do we still need to travel 20 Km to reach city or railway station?:bab (59):


    I was about to post a thread on this when i found out this thread

    Till last year there was a talk about 4 phases being developed in Hinjewadi. Now i am hearing that 7 phases are under development.

    I have heard things like Microsoft planning a 1 Lakh seater here and TCS planning to relocate its small offices to a campus in Phase 4.. etc..

    Any idea?

    :bab (2):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tipto

    Do we still need to travel 20 Km to reach city or railway station?:bab (59):


    How many times in a week/month do you visit the city or railway station?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    How many times in a week/month do you visit the city or railway station?


    adding to the question ...how many times you go to your office ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kalzav
    I was about to post a thread on this when i found out this thread

    Till last year there was a talk about 4 phases being developed in Hinjewadi. Now i am hearing that 7 phases are under development.

    I have heard things like Microsoft planning a 1 Lakh seater here and TCS planning to relocate its small offices to a campus in Phase 4.. etc..

    Any idea?

    :bab (2):


    Comeon!! Dont believe in the hype, rumours! Even phase 4 might not come up ;)
    And why would Microsoft need 1 Lakh seater capacity? Product companies like Microsft dont need that much employee like service companies do. (TCS, Infy). Their total worldwide employee strength is less than 1 Lakh.

    TCS is shifting its small offices to it's 'Sahyadri' devlopement centre in phase 3. But thats not big deal. They had bought that land, log time back.

    Government can't suastin 3 phases here properly. Forget about 7.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kalzav

    I have heard things like Microsoft planning a 1 Lakh seater here



    Microsoft's worldwide strength is around 1 Lakh? Are they planning to relocate all their employs in Pune :bab (59):

    I am hearing Microsoft rumors since 2005 but it remained rumors only. Pune don't have enough engineers which fits their eligibility criteria so chances of them opening engineering office here is remote.
    CommentQuote
  • only people worried about railway station proximity is guys from mumbai
    i havent visited the railway station for past 7 years

    there are lot of companies who have own land in phase 3 and 4 but havent built due lack of visiblity and growth ... also there is lot offc space availble on lease

    MS has 94,000 employees world wide
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tipto
    All.

    Future Plans??
    Can someone provide CONCRETE information regarding the companies,SEZ, Phases, Schools, Hospitals, Railway station, overall future plan, govt support etc about Hinjewadi?


    Interesting thread!
    What triggered starting of a thread about future of hinjewadi ;)
    I thought future is always bright and shining as ever :D:D:D

    Jokes apart, is there any real data available about no. of people living (either owners or on rent) as of now ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pune_friend
    Interesting thread!
    What triggered starting of a thread about future of hinjewadi ;)
    I thought future is always bright and shining as ever :D:D:D

    Jokes apart, is there any real data available about no. of people living (either owners or on rent) as of now ?



    Hey. All friends...
    Just Hype on HINJEWADI...
    After all some hype needs to be shown na to attract FDI....;)

    SAW this cartoon .. just want to share...Hope this will not happen in HINJEWADI in 2020..:D

    savvy-v:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kalzav
    I was about to post a thread on this when i found out this thread

    Till last year there was a talk about 4 phases being developed in Hinjewadi. Now i am hearing that 7 phases are under development.

    I have heard things like Microsoft planning a 1 Lakh seater here and TCS planning to relocate its small offices to a campus in Phase 4.. etc..

    Any idea?

    :bab (2):


    LOL :) When I read 1 Lakh seater, the image of a six seater came in my mind :) ..
    As said by boy.hash, TCS is planning to relocate all its offices around Pune to Sahyadri in Phase 3, I only see TCS, TechM as the big companies in Phase 3 . IBM and Cognizant have are also building their offces in phase 3..

    Phase 7...!! kya ab poore india ki saari companies ko hinjewadi laana hai kya ???? :D

    Future of hinjewadi can be only on rumours. Ground situation is far bitter.
    There will be big projects being planned in this area, but I don't see any development in the law an order with regards to this area.

    Village goons are the big headache in this area. A TCS employee was beaten up by 15-20 people right outside the gate and the security guys of the TCS didnt even bother to stop it..

    I really doubt if people leaving in megapolis right behind TCS ever go for a morning walk or evening walk ??

    PMT bus service is not that good, there should be more buses running from different parts of the city to this location during the peak hours
    CommentQuote
  • I have heard that there are some issues in procuring land for further phases (4 and beyond) in Hinjewadi. Microsoft was planning to get some land but it is not getting it as villagers are not willing to sell. TCS Hinjewadi phase 3 building is in process of construction but meanwhile many groups are already shifted to Phase 3. But I guess it will only move small offices like DLF(Phase 2) to Phase 3. Magarpatta and couple of other offices will remain.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by KailashSingh


    Village goons are the big headache in this area. A TCS employee was beaten up by 15-20 people right outside the gate and the security guys of the TCS didnt even bother to stop it..

    I really doubt if people leaving in megapolis right behind TCS ever go for a morning walk or evening walk ??


    Thats bad for Life Republic, Crown Greens, Megapolis and a whole host of other projects which are coming up in 'No Man's land' areas
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the good news. If Microsoft sets up such a mega office in Hinjewadi, I will sell my house to Bill Gates and retire at empty city of Redmond.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by KailashSingh


    PMT bus service is not that good, there should be more buses running from different parts of the city to this location during the peak hours


    PMT bus service sucks but PCMC is setting up a bus terminal outside Megapolis. Hopefully that will make things easier for commuters. Most of the townships like Blue Ridge, Megapolis are starting bus service for the residents. Don't know if the fare will be covered under maintenance or will be extra but could help those who do not have transportation.
    CommentQuote


  • i just wanted to check if i am the only person who is worried about future of hinjewadi...let me put my thought on this

    Hinjewadi...may be the most important business area in pune and because of this values of area like Wakad, PS, Baner , Balewadi has increased exponentially..
    but now Hinjewadi itself is on the verge of major housing development, there are atleast 4 major township projects going on (Megapolis, Life Republic, BlueRidge and Xrbia..).. and lot of small buildings...

    i doubt there are so many IT people coming into Pune..infact IT in india has little slowed down..
    and assuming even if all the projects in Hinjewadi are occupied this is going to impact Wakad area for sure..may be Baner/Balewadi also..
    I feel, these are totally random development with the assumption that there will be demand in future..but this has great chance to misfire because if there are less demand and more supply this causes RE prices to come down.. some how this looks to be case with Hinjewadi...

    for me Pune RE is more of a investment done from Mumbai....it is not as if people need this many house..

    what you guys think...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by OptimusPrime


    i just wanted to check if i am the only person who is worried about future of hinjewadi...let me put my thought on this

    Hinjewadi...may be the most important business area in pune and because of this values of area like Wakad, PS, Baner , Balewadi has increased exponentially..
    but now Hinjewadi itself is on the verge of major housing development, there are atleast 4 major township projects going on (Megapolis, Life Republic, BlueRidge and Xrbia..).. and lot of small buildings...

    i doubt there are so many IT people coming into Pune..infact IT in india has little slowed down..
    and assuming even if all the projects in Hinjewadi are occupied this is going to impact Wakad area for sure..may be Baner/Balewadi also..
    I feel, these are totally random development with the assumption that there will be demand in future..but this has great chance to misfire because if there are less demand and more supply this causes RE prices to come down.. some how this looks to be case with Hinjewadi...

    for me Pune RE is more of a investment done from Mumbai....it is not as if people need this many house..

    what you guys think...

    Future of Hinjewadi is completely tied up with IT Services industry, which unfortunatley, however irreversibly, is going the textile Industry way. What I mean is that

    1. Once upon a time was Sunshine Industry In India
    2. Being labor intensive, It provided huge employement, which it still does but no one notices.
    3. Still remains One of the largest foreign exchange earners for India
    4. Over a period of time other countries with cheap labor ( Srilanka, Bangladesh, China, Mexico, Philippines etc) came along and squeezed margins and life out of this industry.
    5. It's not that industry died, but pricing power was lost, saleries were no longer eye popping, now attracted mediocre people (although in big volumes, there is always huge availability of such people). Life was tough, but better than being unemployed.

    Just like Textile companies of yesteryears, IT companies in India refused to move up the value chain. As they were making good money doing Jhadu/Pochha they refused to learn cooking. They could have still mended their ways but it meant missing QoQ guidelines. Companies which tried, like Infy, were beaten to pulp by analysts. They are now caught in vicious cycle.

    Today Tier 1 college students refuse to join IT services industy. All fresh supply of human resources for last few years is now coming from tier 2 colleges.

    I feel ultimately Hinjewadi will have lot of people working in these application assembly lines but will no longer be the biggest consumers around and hence wont impact Pune ceconomy the way they do now.

    Offcourse Joker in the pack remains Dollar/INR exchange rates. If govt continues to support depreciation of rupee, as it did last year, IT Can remain competitive without any productivity gains But that will be kiss of death for rest of the economy.
    CommentQuote