Manmaani Charges explanable

Last updated: October 27 2012
6 | Posts
1281 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manmaani Charges explanable

I am looking to book one flat in premium project. All things (location, budget, plan etc) I liked.
    But when I see these charges below and compare it with other projects I feel cheated/robbed.

Flat Cost (saleable area * sqft rate) - Rs. 6,142,978

Charges:

Infrastructure Cost Rs. 300,000
    Club Charges Rs. 175,000
    PMC charges Rs. 150,000
    MSEB Charges Rs. 175,000

Are these charges explanable/logical ?
    Club I can understand ....... but what you guys think about other charges ?

Re : Manmaani Charges explanable

Hope you get the feel. The charges are too much according to me . BTW can builders charge extra for MSEB , PCMC extra ?? I am not very sure of that may be experienced folks on this forum should give you a clear picture.
    Anything said before the word "but" hardly matters.

Comment

As mentioned by cetain consumer groups, electricity meter charges are not more than Rs. 3000 to Rs. 10000 per flat. Charging anything more than that is just loot. You can ask builder for reciept of meter charges as issued by the electricity dept. most likely he will deny it. Also your agreement will not mention the meter charges separately.

Charging extra for club house is OK provided builder is building a really state of the art club house which will require extra contribution from all members. But if all you are getting is an average club house then the club house amount is exhorbitant.

Infrastructure charges are just loot. The psqft rate of builders already includes a premium in case they are giving better amenities. What other infrastructure are they providing? Dont let amenities like broadband, piped gas etc fool you. Though builder provides the infrastructure for that, you will still have to pay for the installation charges and deposit to the service provider.

Comment

These charges are higher ... very very higher.

Only there charges combined is an amount of 10 L.

I am aware that there was a resale 1 HK / Studio apartment an year back at Kunal Ikon at just 12L.

Comment

Maanmaani charges

Originally posted by NeoHunt View Post
          I am looking to book one flat in premium project. All things (location, budget, plan etc) I liked.
          But when I see these charges below and compare it with other projects I feel cheated/robbed.

Flat Cost (saleable area * sqft rate) - Rs. 6,142,978

Charges:

Infrastructure Cost Rs. 300,000
          Club Charges Rs. 175,000
          PMC charges Rs. 150,000
          MSEB Charges Rs. 175,000

Are these charges explanable/logical ?
          Club I can understand ....... but what you guys think about other charges ?
          Please name the premium project.
          The charges are very high and there is no easy explanation to such charges,other than the fact that there are buyers who still go ahead and buy. if there were no buyers,the builder would not fix such charges.
          Logic in pricing is not a strong point in our RE Industry.
          When people line up in front of builders office and book the project on first day itself without even verifying documents,builders get a fair idea of our mental make up. In saving money by buying on prelaunch and discount of first day, we sacrifice the need to check and verify documents,sanctions.
          We equally fall for the game that this is to days price,tomorrow the price is ----. We get carried away by sweet talk of DP developments and overlook the present lack of infrastructure and tanker water services.
          Simple way is just avoid such Premium projects if prices are "maanMaani" as you term it.

Comment

These charges are way to high even for real premium project. Such charges show the greed of the builder & I personally would be happy to stay away from such builders.
            1.5L for PMC charges ?? What are those ??
            And MSEB costs between 3-5k, why 1.75L ?
            This is pure loot & nothing else. It's upto you to decide to get looted or not.
            If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

This is an interesting trend I observe - keep psf rate low and jack up other charges. The common lingo is to talk about the psf rate and give an illusion that the price is competitive. Most new zones like Kharadi, Wagholi, Kesnand are showing this trend...

Another way to obfuscate the TCO or total cost of ownership and net more bakraas...

--
              pl. excuse brevity & possible typos - sent from a tiny device.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
              Working...
              X