Sort by :
Filter by :
- why don't you use the broker sites like proptiger, allcheckdeals, 99acres, etc...most of the brokers do not charge you anything for a new/under construction property.CommentQuote0Flag
- Yes none of the broker charges us for new property.But the problem is they do not provide right price on the portal, they do not try to understand our concept and provide the option as per our requirement and most important they do not check the legalities of the project and builder background. These people work for builder and not for us.
Hence if some one does the above for us then??CommentQuote0Flag
- Well actually this why we should actually pay brokerage for . During my initial days of hunting , I was totally unaware of where to start with and how to proceed. I got in touch with a few people and got to know some areas. I extensively read forums and articles on different things one should look into. I had help from my dad who is a veteran in this field , despite all this factors I am still in searching state and have not able to strike a deal due to one or other factors. According to me one should do all the things themselves rather than depending on some one else for deals worth lacs of rupees. Even if there is an underlying concept of being a good broker , will the concept be able to handle the underlying liabilities . For me its actually fun to get my hands dirty in doing jobs like property search for my own house.
Initially during one of my professional assignments I had a chance to work with back end of american mortgage system and trust me things are soo very transparent with govt , bank , buyer and even the broker. I am not praising the white system , but its a underlying fact that until and unless we have transparency around there is no point working for solutions of problems which are bound to remain unsolved due to the much unknown variables of the problem equation.
- @Kartik you are absolutely right!! My personal experience is exactly the same.
I searched property for almost a year then zeroed down.
Yeah I do agree the underlying concept can be a good broker.
But can we get the options from the person/company who is helping us in finding the home which is inline with our dream home concept, rate and locality, get the builder and property legalities checked from then and then decide on our own if we want to buy or not? What do you think about this? Shall we pay few hundred rupees for availing the service?CommentQuote0Flag
- Property searchOriginally Posted by vision2012Hello,
If we are looking for a property in specific locality and with specific budget and idea of our dream home in mind, we face problems as:
1. Finding the projects in specific area ofcourse newspapers and portals help us to some extent.
2. Visiting every project and finding out the price and we can not visit all the projects. Not every project is as per our price and concept. Visiting multiple projects consumes lot of time, some times few months and multiple weekends.
3. Checking the builder background and property legalities and documents, I am not sure how many people do this before buying property. Many property buyers are not aware of importance of this factor.
But if someone does all above work for us and gives us 4-5 options of the properties with our budget and concept in our needed locality, would you take help from him?
Property search encompassing right flat,budget,location and legal title is a major decision and time consuming process.Many of us go for home loans also.
What a person has to look for and what are the requirements and price whether it fits into budget.
A good agency which does the search within the parameters you want is a good idea.Service can be paid service as it really saves us time,stress and hard work.He lists out projects and you visit the few instead of running all over Pune.
Problem is we don't have any reliable agency.Brokers are there but professionalism is open to question.real estate is not a straight forward game.Many times documents are not in order or have been applied for but builder commences sales.Many of us dont even come to know that some sanction is missing till delays hit the buyer and builder starts making excuses-you know how PMC works or you know how slowly things move etc etc.but sufferer will be yourself.
What all to look for while buying a flat or resale property has been described in few threads.Search for them if needed in this site.They are useful.
Legal documents are a vital decision point and many don't do proper checks and land in trouble.Hire a good property advocate and ask for a property report. Expense on this account is well worth it.CommentQuote0Flag
- vision - if I read your posts correctly, you are either checking whether such a service has a market or you are selling such a service.
Of course, I might be totally wrong but that is I how I read it...CommentQuote0Flag
- Best way to search property is to get Sakal Newspaper for Thursday and Sunday and check the listing under individual areas of Real Estate Section. Usually these sections are in 'Today' edition rather than main paper.
Most genuine sellers and individuals you find in the Sakal classifieds.CommentQuote0Flag
I am not selling such a service but yes, I want to know what is people's opinion about the service and also want to know the problem faced by all of us and their valuable Experiences.
None of the broker or portal or exhibitions or newspaper can give you entire data about the projects in particular area, prices, floor plans, legalities and builder background checked. One of my friend is working on this concept and I thought of helping her. She is currently building a database of the projects in every area. I do not want to do any advertisement as per forum rules here hence can not disclose names etc.
But let me know would you opt for such paid(2-4K) service where you can just give the idea about dream home like need bedroom of x size, should have dry balcony, balcony to master bed and hall, specific amenities, budget and localities. They will provide you the project list which satisfies criteria with legalities checked, builder rating etc.
Want to know the opinions from the users.CommentQuote0Flag
- Also what can be included in this service?CommentQuote0Flag
- In search and negotiation mode currently....As per latest trends Pune RE market is way overpriced and builders are weary about the fact that buyers are visiting but not buying...."Vascon" is good but way too mch attitude....Dreams is expecting buyers to just buy.....they are working on i guess 4 projects simultaneously of over 1200 units to be sold within 3-4 years.....and already quoting prices of 3700-4000 psf.....a few others have been quoting in the range of 3600-4500 psf around Undri, Hadapsar, around Amanora, Chandannagar, Kharadi.....most of these guys are ready to reduce upto 30-40% of the quoted price based on your negotiation skills.......so carry on negotiating till you get your price and deal through...do not give in to their tactics of only 3 flats left and the rest all sold.......(to god i guess or some bhai from du-bhai :-)....
So moral of story---- keep searching and negotiating till you get the best deal......do not rely on brokers....this community like every other middle-man community in this country is ill equipped on the RE domain and filled with 10th class failures and goons...
- Huge LOL.... show me 30% discount by any of these builders and I will buy!
To continue on that line, builders never negotiate on % points. Builders always talk in terms of actual number discount .. .for eg. they'll give you 35 rs per sq ft discount and you will walk out feeling like a king ...
Let me make it better for you .. find me a 30% discount, and I'll give you a 5% cut on it!