Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3935 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Paraphrasing some1 :-)

"A hill facing house isn't just real estate. It's a state of mind."
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    Bigbloodyt

Probably you never heard "begani shaadi me Abdulla diwana"....please avoid wasting your time with Abdullas

Noted :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • September 2013 photos have been uploaded on the BR website.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    on the contrary ...most of these shops very convenient to residents

secuirty can always be take care by tighter arrangements

now-a-days....all big projects have some basic shops ( veg, mill, grocery, medicine etc) within compounds and that helps

true...it shoudnt be like 50 shops or a market as then it takes away the feeling of a residential compound

You are weighing your convenience against security of the society. While it may be convenient to get bread and milk from under the building itself, remember that such shops will also be accessible to people around blue ridge unless it is specifically mentioned that only people staying in blue ridge can buy from these shops. Which is unlikely. So, it will be a security challenge to monitor people moving in and our, many of them non-residents.

Take the example of Kunal Icon in pimple saudagar. It has commercial shops inside the society with free access to all. Though security is there, you can still enter the society by telling them you are going to the shops. now if someone enters the society and instead goes and loots a house, how can it be tracked? At least in gated societies, the security calls up from the gate asking the flat owner if he is expecting a visitor. In such cases, that kind of security does not make sense. So I don't know what multiple levels of security is there in blue ridge.

Anyway, it was just an observation, lets hope the blue ridge management has a good plan in place.
    CommentQuote
  • Anyone who has taken possession of the 2BHK flat, please share the pictures of the final product if you can. Been a long time since I have booked.. and forgot how it looks :)

Regards,
    Ashutosh Pandey
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lazybone007
    You are weighing your convenience against security of the society. While it may be convenient to get bread and milk from under the building itself, remember that such shops will also be accessible to people around blue ridge unless it is specifically mentioned that only people staying in blue ridge can buy from these shops. Which is unlikely. So, it will be a security challenge to monitor people moving in and our, many of them non-residents.

Take the example of Kunal Icon in pimple saudagar. It has commercial shops inside the society with free access to all. Though security is there, you can still enter the society by telling them you are going to the shops. now if someone enters the society and instead goes and loots a house, how can it be tracked? At least in gated societies, the security calls up from the gate asking the flat owner if he is expecting a visitor. In such cases, that kind of security does not make sense. So I don't know what multiple levels of security is there in blue ridge.

Anyway, it was just an observation, lets hope the blue ridge management has a good plan in place.

The shops are located on the external side of the buildings (tower 7 and 8). Anyone visiting the shop, will not automatically get access to the building. They will have no more access as compared to any visitors to 'Shopping Glory' (the shops that are located closer to the river).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ashutosh0712
    Anyone who has taken possession of the 2BHK flat, please share the pictures of the final product if you can. Been a long time since I have booked.. and forgot how it looks :)

Regards,
    Ashutosh Pandey

I have some pictures in my profile album but not of 2 BHK. I know there is a video on YouTube that was put by someone (not BR team) that you can look at.

You could also request your sales person to send pictures of your flat if that one is getting ready.

I had put my possession experience in this thread long time back (end of March) & my experience was amazing. My post-sales experience has been much better, more than what I had expected. Whenever I had questions related to electrical work, plumbing work or other issues, the team has always sent experts to answer my questions.
    CommentQuote
  • We have received an e-mail stating that we can request internal changes (electrical/cabling/flooring tile types, etc.) within 2 weeks. I will be unable to personally visit BR before then to look at the available options. Does anyone in this group have suggestions about things that you think are better of changing over the defaults?
    If you have any personal accounts of the the types of changes you had done, I'll be interested in knowing. Thanks!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guestfrom80s
    We have received an e-mail stating that we can request internal changes (electrical/cabling/flooring tile types, etc.) within 2 weeks. I will be unable to personally visit BR before then to look at the available options. Does anyone in this group have suggestions about things that you think are better of changing over the defaults?
    If you have any personal accounts of the the types of changes you had done, I'll be interested in knowing. Thanks!

I have told them to...

add all "provisional" electrical out-lets ( as mentioned on master plan),

make all out-lets universal ( US and India ),

increase height of the kitchen platform to let dish-washer fit...( not a good idea, looking back).

add plumbing-electricals for the dish-washer,

take out sink from the hallway ( if you have one ),

replace all regular windows with mosquito-mesh once (this one is relatively expensive),

add wired-internet facility in every room,

add glass door-partition in every shower without tub,

change all bath tiles to lighter shade.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guestfrom80s
    We have received an e-mail stating that we can request internal changes (electrical/cabling/flooring tile types, etc.) within 2 weeks. I will be unable to personally visit BR before then to look at the available options. Does anyone in this group have suggestions about things that you think are better of changing over the defaults?

Originally Posted by Superduper
    I have told them to...

add all "provisional" electrical out-lets ( as mentioned on master plan),

make all out-lets universal ( US and India ),

increase height of the kitchen platform to let dish-washer fit...( not a good idea, looking back).

add plumbing-electricals for the dish-washer,

take out sink from the hallway ( if you have one ),

replace all regular windows with mosquito-mesh once (this one is relatively expensive),

add wired-internet facility in every room,

add glass door-partition in every shower without tub,

change all bath tiles to lighter shade.

- Universal electrical points. If you are interested, you can also request 110 V outlets in case if you have certain appliances that only work on 110V. They install a step-down transformer. For me, their quote was expensive, so I dropped the idea.
    - Raise the electrical points for items that will always be connected. E.g. we prefer keeping the toaster near the dining area as we use it everyday. However, we noticed that the provisional point provided is near the floor & we keep the toaster on a side trolley. Unfortunately, the toaster cable does not reach the point. Plus we need an extra one for the coffee maker. In short, you can raise it to a better location and make it a 6 panel point - two 3 pin sockets and 2 switches.
    - If you are planning to install a dishwasher and modular kitchen, better not to get granite platforms installed. They will deduct the price of granite. If you raise it, there is still no guarantee that the dishwasher will fit. Better to get it done when you design the kitchen. That way, you have control on the electrical points too.
    - Specify a suitable location for the gas meter. I was lucky to notice it in another flat and had it installed on the side wall as compared to the center wall. Those meters are big and will affect your modular kitchen design.
    - Ensure that the space for refrigerator is enough. If you do not get the granite installed, then you can control it. Otherwise ensure that it is enough. By default, those spaces are small and will not fit larger refrigerators.
    - Common hot water pipe between two adjacent bathrooms. This is not a big issue and can be done later but if possible have them do it. That way you can share one heater.
    - If you are not going to use the bath tubs, don't get them installed. You will get a refund. The tubs are smaller in lengths anyways. Only good if you have kids.

HTH. Good luck !
    CommentQuote
  • An advice, getting these things done yourself and not through the builder will be much much cheaper. You will probably think that its better to do it once before getting possession, but if you are anyway planning to do interior work, you will have to do one coat of painting later, so might as well do the modifications yourself. You will save yourself a lot of money and get things done as per your plan.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    As a BR resident, I can only say that it is too early to conclude anything on things that are not ready. I also think that all the changes to current project plans are for good. They benefit the community as well as the residents. Commercial spots are always expensive. The rates at BR are 20,000/sq ft compared to 50,000/sq. ft in the city. BTW, BR cannot sell any goods above MRP.

I do agree that security is an important aspect when it comes to living anywhere. BR has multi-tier security which I think is good to have. Having said that I won't say that it is not penetrable. BR will have to work harder to ensure security as it is already in the outskirts and has a larger area. And everyone, including residents, will have to work hard to ensure that security is maintained.

BR has gone through lot of changes & may change as it develops but all I can say is that now it is in a state where "WYSIWYG". If you like it, you go for it, if not then forget it.

50k/sq ft for shops ? Are you talking about CBD areas where the daily footfall will be more than monthly at BR ?? Now think from shop buyers perspective :-

> Real income = Income - rent the shop would have fetched - interest, if on loan - taxes - maintenance.
    Based on this, is it feasible to buy shop for 20k/sq ft needs to be seen.
    BR shops will sell on MRP, but guess what, my local baniya gives me 5% off on regular prices + oil, coffee etc. has even more discount. Add to it things which don't have MRP, grains, vegetables, fruits etc. I also think that maintenance charges will be there even for the shops, which again will be significant.

Overall, having good shops, with all variety in neighbourhood is good thing, what needs to be seen is who buys these shops or whether builder allocates the shops to local strongman etc.

Originally Posted by bigbloodyt
    Oaky.. now that you've shared your opinion, how about some useful information? I'm sorry to say that your post just seems to show that you have some sort of bone to pick with BR and Paranjape.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Look man, if you can tolerate all changes, including golf course (reducing actual open space), making it paid even for BR residents (not planned earlier) & delaying agreement due to non-sanctions, good for you. Atleast I won't tolerate such non-sense, be it Paranjape or any other builder. And why do you get angry if I talk against some hypocrisy of builders ?
    CommentQuote
  • Any advice / comments on the Studio 1BHK in BlueRidge? Recommended alterations, words of caution, etc...
    I have booked an apt in B6 and wanted to reach out to members in the other 1BHK towers (especially those towers which are at a more advanced stage).

There were no apartments for re-sell in this category. This seems to be an indication that it is a good investment. I think the 1BHK would be easier to rent; also easier to furnish compared to a bigger apt (and get relatively more rent against the investment made).

@BR2012
    Also referring to a earlier thread on shops below tower 7-8. Are you referring to the regular / spacious towers or the studio towers. As I understand the entire space below the studio towers 1 to 8 is commercial space. It would be a shame if shops sprout below the "spacious" (or "luxury") towers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prasariya
    (and get relatively more rent against the investment made).

renting is always easier for 1bhk and its rental yield will be better than 3-4bhks
    CommentQuote
  • Appreciation potential of One BHK

Originally Posted by Baruch
    renting is always easier for 1bhk and its rental yield will be better than 3-4bhks

Renting is definitely easier for one BHK but what about appreciation potential.Nowadays even a one bhk is around 30 lakhs+ in decent areas of the city.(For eg Nyati Evita in Dhanori is quoting 36 lakhs+ for prelaunch scheme)
    Will a two BHK appreciate more or an One BHK?
    CommentQuote