Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3944 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Appreciation should always be considered in % ( hope you are not evaluating on absolute terms)

Because of a better rental yield 1bhk always costs more psf (carpet area) than a 2bhk

I dont have a data to predict whether this premium will increase or decrease

also remember...lower the denominator...more the liquidity....that means....smaller plots ( and even smaller flats as long as those are ok constructed and not poorly desinged) will any day sell faster than bigger properties

for example - a 120 yrds plot in Noida/NCR trades at 10% premium to 200yrds plot and probably 20-25% to a 300 yrds plot (though from appreictaion perspective it doesnt matter as this premium will always exist but it surely helps in selling faster when in need)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vaibav123
    Renting is definitely easier for one BHK but what about appreciation potential.Nowadays even a one bhk is around 30 lakhs+ in decent areas of the city.(For eg Nyati Evita in Dhanori is quoting 36 lakhs+ for prelaunch scheme)
    Will a two BHK appreciate more or an One BHK?

In many upscale markets bigger apartments realize disproportionately larger appreciation.

This phenomenon has to do with availability ( or lack ) of similar units in the market, paying power of the target buyers and social fixation of prestige being proportional to number of bed rooms.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Superduper
    In many upscale markets bigger apartments realize disproportionately larger appreciation.

This phenomenon has to do with availability ( or lack ) of similar units in the market, paying power of the target buyers and social fixation of prestige being proportional to number of bed rooms.

true...but that concept of Veblen goods is only restricted at ultra luxury properties (where social status matters more than utility)...like pent houses in good societies
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

BR shops will sell on MRP, but guess what, my local baniya gives me 5% off on regular prices + oil, coffee etc. has even more discount. Add to it things which don't have MRP, grains, vegetables, fruits etc.

Lucky you. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of money to invest in localities like Aundh or Baner to avail that 5% baniya discount.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prasariya

@BR2012
    Also referring to a earlier thread on shops below tower 7-8. Are you referring to the regular / spacious towers or the studio towers. As I understand the entire space below the studio towers 1 to 8 is commercial space. It would be a shame if shops sprout below the "spacious" (or "luxury") towers.

Yes, I was referring to shops are coming up below Tower 7 and 8, located around the golf course circle. I currently live in BR, and I personally do not see this as an inconvenience or a security concern. These shops were always in the original plan / layout of the township (or maybe the more accurate thing to say here, is it has been there ever since I was shown the layout .. over 18 months ago ;))
    CommentQuote
    50k/sq ft for shops ? Are you talking about CBD areas where the daily footfall will be more than monthly at BR ?? Now think from shop buyers perspective :-

> Real income = Income - rent the shop would have fetched - interest, if on loan - taxes - maintenance.
    Based on this, is it feasible to buy shop for 20k/sq ft needs to be seen.
    BR shops will sell on MRP, but guess what, my local baniya gives me 5% off on regular prices + oil, coffee etc. has even more discount. Add to it things which don't have MRP, grains, vegetables, fruits etc. I also think that maintenance charges will be there even for the shops, which again will be significant.

Overall, having good shops, with all variety in neighbourhood is good thing, what needs to be seen is who buys these shops or whether builder allocates the shops to local strongman etc.

Look man, if you can tolerate all changes, including golf course (reducing actual open space), making it paid even for BR residents (not planned earlier) & delaying agreement due to non-sanctions, good for you. Atleast I won't tolerate such non-sense, be it Paranjape or any other builder. And why do you get angry if I talk against some hypocrisy of builders ?

Looking at all RA's replies, I always wonder how this guy knows so much about so many things!
    You have opinion about everything man...are you a H****r?( ref: Hollywood movie "WEDDING DATE")
    CommentQuote
  • “What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    And a sentimentalist, my dear Darlington, is a man who sees an absurd value in everything, and doesn't know the market place of any single thing.”

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

=====

so basically bulls are sentimentalist and bears are cynics :-)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    “What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    And a sentimentalist, my dear Darlington, is a man who sees an absurd value in everything, and doesn't know the market place of any single thing.”

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

=====

so basically bulls are sentimentalist and bears are cynics :-)

Bulls are speculative, so called bears are realists.
    No wonder then NPAs are rising in RE & builders becoming bankrupt.
    Come out of builders' brochure, back on real site !! ;)
    CommentQuote
    Bulls are speculative, so called bears are realists.
    No wonder then NPAs are rising in RE & builders becoming bankrupt.
    Come out of builders' brochure, back on real site !! ;)

Unless one is shorting market he is not even a bear

Inaction is no prudence....not taking risk is the biggest risk one can take

People like X ( so called bear but actually a person who doesn't have guts to take risk) make people like Y (so called bull and who takes calculated risk) look smart even when they are not....so basically X continues to live in day-dreams and on rent for rest of his life

I was bearish on RE at start of the year & as mentioned earlier sold two small plots...but after recent rs depreciation...Im less bearish to neutral and might turn bullish as soon as a new stable government comes at center...meantime putting monthly earnings into FMPs and dynamic bond funds....equity is always there too

Im not a deadhead who will only have single view on markets even if he continues to be wrong for almost 5 years & simply hoping to be right one day
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    Unless one is shorting market he is not even a bear

Inaction is no prudence....not taking risk is the biggest risk one can take

Risks are of 2 types :-

Calculated Risks & miscalculated risks. The later is more due to over-confidence that nothing goes wrong or pure greed.

Jumping from 10,000 ft with parachute or paragliding is calculated risk, jumping from 50 ft without anything is being idiotic.

Note the difference.

Coming to BR,

Is the layout of BR today same as that shown to buyers in 2007-08 ?
    CommentQuote

Is the layout of BR today same as that shown to buyers in 2007-08 ?

Instead of repeating your above line over years....if you had repeated
    "Hare Krishna Hare Raam" " Hare Krishna Hare Raam"......over and over again........by now either Krishna or Raam would have descended down from who knows where....to find that perfect adobe for you.

Narayan Narayan
    Sab Ko Sanmati De Bhagwan.

BTW BR is better now than it was in 07 - 08 on paper.
    CommentQuote
  • Although I'm sure that a certain someone will try to find something wrong with my analogy,I will still go ahead and say that this is like someone posting a review of product 'A' without using or owning the same.

I dont know about others, but I get a good laugh everytime I see such posts :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Superduper
    Instead of repeating your above line over years....if you had repeated
    "Hare Krishna Hare Raam" " Hare Krishna Hare Raam"......over and over again........by now either Krishna or Raam would have descended down from who knows where....to find that perfect adobe for you.

Narayan Narayan
    Sab Ko Sanmati De Bhagwan.

BTW BR is better now than it was in 07 - 08 on paper.

There are people who booked then & are disappointed with the changes. They are not pulling out just because the rates at which they got were low. I know you are investor here but it doesn't mean you ignore bad things happening at BR. I know you won't talk against BR as you want good appreciation of flat than anything else & that's fine for me. And don't consider this as comment against you, there are investors across several projects who want to secure their investments, hence show all in good light. But truth never hides.

Although I'm sure that a certain someone will try to find something wrong with my analogy,I will still go ahead and say that this is like someone posting a review of product 'A' without using or owning the same.

Strange logic. While buying something as small as say cell phone, do you buy all phones & then comment if phone is good or not or you do a comparison between some phones, ask for details from those who own & then take final call ?

Man, the RE bulls logic is so strange that you shouldn't comment against anything unless you yourself don't become bakra. :D
    CommentQuote
    There are people who booked then & are disappointed with the changes. They are not pulling out just because the rates at which they got were low. But truth never hides.

Sir,

Also the truth is...there are 3 K families who have booked at BR.
    When they witness how things have turned out over years, they like what they see ...and couldn't thank their luck more.

Due to poor physical-infrastructure there is a massive wealth transfer going on from old Pune to new large developments outside the city...and social-infrastucture is also developing fast...and Old timers hate watching all this.

Truth has more angles than one.
    CommentQuote
    ask for details from those who own & then take final call ?
    Exactly my point, thanks for supporting my cause - The views of someone who has the ownership experience would be of immnse value.

As far as I know from reading through the thread, you havent taken the plunge yet and therefore your views are obviously translated from people you know who have had this experience; this is the reason why I am taking your views with a pinch of salt.

I may have missed out on the post which contains your ownership experience, and if so, apologies in advance; if this is the case, I would really appreciate it if you could direct me to the relevant post(s).

Cheers.
    Exactly my point, thanks for supporting my cause - The views of someone who has the ownership experience would be of immnse value.

As far as I know from reading through the thread, you havent taken the plunge yet and therefore your views are obviously translated from people you know who have had this experience; this is the reason why I am taking your views with a pinch of salt.

I may have missed out on the post which contains your ownership experience, and if so, apologies in advance; if this is the case, I would really appreciate it if you could direct me to the relevant post(s).

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.
    CommentQuote