Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3930 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    pathetic is the word for them...they have kept 2017 as likely possession date while they still plan to take 80% of payment by 2015 mid...

there reasoning is weird.... saying that we want to be safe in committing a deadline...but safety cant be one-sided....what about people who booked in July,12....should they wait 6 years to get their flat

maintenance of 5 rs/psf translates into 8600 rs per month for a 3bhk...

they charged 3.33 for psf for old towers...

I think all of us should jointly resist signing on agreement with 2017 as timeline

I completely agree that we collectively should resist from signing the agreement if the Date is anything less than Dec.2015. I have created a Group so we can share things privately. Yahoo! Groups
    CommentQuote
  • What I found the reason some builders extend their deadline is
    1. The early wings ppl start demanding complete amenities as part of complete possession
    2. But the builders cant provide it till complete prj or all the wings are constructed
    3. So to play safe they make amendments in registration for buyers in later wings and make the date by which they think all the amenities can be provided.
    4. Its a safety plan for the builders so that no buyers get behind them later coz they must have already suffered from previous buyers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vlokras1
    What I found the reason some builders extend their deadline is
    1. The early wings ppl start demanding complete amenities as part of complete possession
    2. But the builders cant provide it till complete prj or all the wings are constructed
    3. So to play safe they make amendments in registration for buyers in later wings and make the date by which they think all the amenities can be provided.
    4. Its a safety plan for the builders so that no buyers get behind them later coz they must have already suffered from previous buyers

to yaar, agreement mein likh do clearly , that flat possession is dec 2015 and amenities will be given by dec 2017. Is that possible?

Is it not unethical, that when I enquired, builder gives me a possession date. When I paid booking amount, then in agreement, builder willfully adds two years to it ?? I find Paranjpe to be a chor and unethical builder anyway...

Plus I find Blue Ridge to be really faltu... come on, oblique walls in the living room.... Very bad architecture, even if you believe in Vaastu or not!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    to yaar, agreement mein likh do clearly , that flat possession is dec 2015 and amenities will be given by dec 2017. Is that possible?

Is it not unethical, that when I enquired, builder gives me a possession date. When I paid booking amount, then in agreement, builder willfully adds two years to it ?? I find Paranjpe to be a chor and unethical builder anyway...

Plus I find Blue Ridge to be really faltu... come on, oblique walls in the living room.... Very bad architecture, even if you believe in Vaastu or not!

See that is not possible coz you are paying for amenities as well (total price +maintainence + super built upmain amenities bhi hi hota hain)
    Then why should you pay maintainence for amenities..normally they charge 1 -2 year upfront for maintainence..par amentiies bani hi nahi hain toh kahe ka maintainence
    CommentQuote
  • Agree. The question is how this should be addressed with the builder? Unless the people, who have already booked the flats, unite and face the builder collectively. The agreement looks completely one-sided.
    CommentQuote
    See that is not possible coz you are paying for amenities as well (total price +maintainence + super built upmain amenities bhi hi hota hain)
    Then why should you pay maintainence for amenities..normally they charge 1 -2 year upfront for maintainence..par amentiies bani hi nahi hain toh kahe ka maintainence

I am happy that people have started realizing this... I had a long debate with Jitendra Pethkar (Pethkar builders) on Samrajya thread on this forum... That is one of the best example we can compare...

The flats were sold at a premium because of the amenities available... builder delayed the amenities completion but still charged 100% to customers at possession... he said buyers need to trust the builders but he is not ready to trust buyers.. in fact buyers should be allowed to keep 10% of the amount withheld till the amenities / other promises are completed...

and now that all amenities delivered after 2-3 years of delay, they all require monthly membership ... gym membership alone would cost Rs. 500+ per person... even after paying lifetime maintenance cost in advance...

considering Samrajya is a very small project compared to BR, you can expect much larger issues like these in BR.
    CommentQuote
  • I can understand what all is going through everybody's mind regarding the delay. When I booked at BR in 2008, I was promised possession in Diwali 2011, but that got delayed & I finally got possession in May 2013. The delay was blamed on 2009-10 slump & shortage of manpower. I almost dropped out of the project twice because of the delay, so can definitely understand. In fact, my advice still is that if you are an investor, then look elsewhere. But if you want to live, then it will be hard to find a good location as that of the new towers in any other project. Having said that, it definitely does not make sense to invest in a project that will take another 5 years.

There definitely has to be something that is causing this delay - I don't think it is the current housing slump nor it is shortage of labor. Wonder if it is the pressure of getting the other towers done: B1 to B7, T9 to T12.

In any case, this will hurt the project tremendously as it will definitely put a halt on the investment.

I would definitely recommend calling a meeting with Mr. Paranjape to sort things out. One of you need to take this initiative and setup the meeting with the help of a small group first (5 to 10 people are enough). Don't get into forming Yahoo groups and all - it will be waste of effort & time. Remember, not everyone knows about such groups or forums. But you can always spread the word after the meeting has been set.
    CommentQuote
  • Not delivering amenities with possession of the flat is a standard practice across builders since beginning of time.....they never cared about it then..why would they start caring now ?....I don't think that’s the reason behind this change.

Like Baruch alluded to in his earlier post, it seems to me too that Mr. P has decided to cover his behind with this new practice....probably after advice from his "compliance guys".
    Especially since whole world is eagerly waiting for a massive correction in Indian RE prices, this new practice will cover Mr. P if he has to drastically slowdown construction due to factors not in his control.
    I think, not just Mr. P......anyone in his shoes would want to do what he is doing...just to be safe.

He should have communicated his reasons proactively....instead of giving a rude surprise to guys who booked in those last towers.
    He should also let people cancel their bookings in last 4 towers without charges....now I don't think THATs going to happen !!
    CommentQuote
  • Baruch,

This time, I must admit, Thanks for putting your mind in words here. What you said is indeed true & so is the info coming in from other buyers at BR about 2017 possession date. Now, please don't get me wrong, but this is the sole reason why I was saying so much against this builder & BR on this thread. Things are not as good as one sees or rather builder wants buyers to see. And now what you see is the true color of this builder. This is not the first time builder has fooled buyers. Yuthika, Baner & Madhukosh at Dhayari, Sinhgad rd are other egs. where buyers (investor + end users) are feeling cheated.

Anyway, I hope this should clear the air between so called pro & anti BR here. The things which can be seen now surely is not good sign for BR buyers for sure. And yes, in worst scenario, do check what will be the consequences of cancelling the booking but it will be very hard for buyers who bought at early stage. Perhaps the hike in prices without demand at BR is a way by the builder to thwart off idea of buyers cancelling bookings. It will be now good if you take these issues with the builder collectively & keep the readers here updated on the same.

PRB,

You rightly said about Samrajya, but man, Samrajya atleast now has co-op society, what about BR where buyers are dependent on builder 24x7 ??
    CommentQuote
  • pnq2012,
    Mr. P feeling "pressure" to finish erected towers is not likely in my view since he can just keep on delaying like he did with cluster of 12,13,14 without any check on him..........before at least it was called a "delay" now with this new practice, its just been made official and won't be even branded as "delay".
    But like I said....Mr. P can learn a lesson or two in communication.
    CommentQuote

Right vlokras1.
    makes sense. So then, what might be the solution ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Right vlokras1.
    makes sense. So then, what might be the solution ?

Solution is Real estate amendment bill which is going on for so long..
    It totally depends on the builders as many ppl dont rily ready the agreement before registration..and others who do read cant do anything bcoz its builders monopoly here..
    If we try negotiationg with the builders for the changes in agreement, of paying for amenities once its completed, I dont think any builder will make the changes..unless all buyers do the same...which I dont think will ever happen!
    CommentQuote
  • BR office told me that they plan to hand over all the towers ( including towers not yet launched ) and mall-multiplex etc...by end of 2016. End of 2016 is when they want this project "completed".

But... they plan to write completion date as Dec 2017 in all the future agreements ( both residential and commercial ) to keep some margin for error.

Remaining 5 towers in golf circle will be launched around Diwali time i. e. in next 6 weeks.

I also asked......if they have seen a slow down in demand.
    Answer was "We don't expect demand for BR slowing down..but..we will find out more around Diwali time when more towers are launched......for now almost all the inventory is taken up".

No more 5 BHK are available in BR......last one standing got booked about 10 days back.
    CommentQuote
  • Superduper

thanks for this info

If indeed they launch new towers by Diwali and then there is still a chance of Tower 21-23 getting delivered in 2016
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Superduper
    BR office told me that they plan to hand over all the towers ( including towers not yet launched ) and mall-multiplex etc...by end of 2016. End of 2016 is when they want this project "completed".

But... they plan to write completion date as Dec 2017 in all the future agreements ( both residential and commercial ) to keep some margin for error.

If this happens, its good, still an year delay. Having said this, what is oral communication doesn't have any legal standing if things go wrong midway. The builder can clearly say that as per agreement, date is 31 st Dec 2017 & you then can't do nothing.
    Btw, the date reminds of of Bata footwear, 599,899,999 etc. Here it is 31 Dec, 1 day more & year becomes 2018. Still I am sure, there will be clauses that builder won't be responsible for delays due to non availability of raw material, labor, riots, acts of nature, god etc. The excuse of non availability of raw material is already given by builders like Puraniks, Balewadi.
    Check for these clauses also in agreement.
    CommentQuote