Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3936 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Vsammy
    I received the email too..compared the cost with the previous cost sheet we received, what a big difference.

The stamp duty went from 62000 to 226000, vat twice the previous amt, service tax from 118000 to 250000 as well as booking value is twice the amt too, why is this?
    Did everyone noticed the difference, or it's just us?
    Did they mention anything about the possession date?

when did they mention the previous stamp duty ? i got a costing letter in october 2012, and in that the stamp duty was 246000 (approx) and apart from that 3.09 % service tax , VAT was mentioned as 1%.
    CommentQuote
  • till last April, Hinjewadi used to have 1-2% stamp duty ....after that it has become like 5% or sth ( similar to Pune rates)

surely need to check with builder on service tax point
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by brres13
    The maintenance is paid by the owner.. tenant only pays rent.. and ofcourse things like electricity gas etc.. but mantenance charges are def paid by owner of the apartment.

Owners always factor in the maintenance cost in the rent. It is always the tenant who ends up paying for the maintenance too. And why not, isn't the tenant using all the facilities and amenities?
    CommentQuote
  • The answer to "Who should pay the maintenance charges ? " will depend on who is answering the question.. the tenant or the owner :)
    I just meant that the rent is paid by the tenant, which may have the maintenance charges factored into it or not.. depending on the demand and supply of the situation,

But for people who have never lived on rent.. the statement was just to clarify.. that whatever amount is decided as the rent.. is what you will end up paying and no additional maintenance charges have to be paid every month..
    CommentQuote
  • I just saw another thread about Fight against VAT etc.. in which it was said that.. builder cannot pass on the vat to the buyer.. does that mean , in BR the 1% vat which was being asked earlier will not have to be paid ?
    there was an article as well posted by lazybone007 about the supreme court decision regarding this issue.
    CommentQuote
    I just saw another thread about Fight against VAT etc.. in which it was said that.. builder cannot pass on the vat to the buyer.. does that mean , in BR the 1% vat which was being asked earlier will not have to be paid ?
    there was an article as well posted by lazybone007 about the supreme court decision regarding this issue.

Judgment and articles about the judgment are all very nice......but try not paying VAT to BR.

Mr. P will hunt you down to end of earth and collect it.....with interest.

Guaranteed.:D
    CommentQuote
  • Soon these people start including VAT as infrastructure charges.

For showing VAT as separate column they have to come up with exact calculation as per SC judgement (para 115). No builder would like to state in writing about the progress of their projects because of business reasons.

I am sure MR P's auditors might be suggesting him not to demand VAT as separate line item for compliance reasons

In next 2-3 years down the line, top line builders may stop charging VAT independently and others to follow them
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sj2013

I am sure MR P's auditors might be suggesting him not to demand VAT as separate line item for compliance reasons

In next 2-3 years down the line, top line builders may stop charging VAT independently and others to follow them

So.... VAT, just like all other things, will always be paid by buyers.

Just like maintenance-charges are always paid buy tenants.......separate-line-item or not.

$hi* always flows down....believe it or not :-)
    CommentQuote
  • ha ha ... true..
    call it 1 lakh vat.. or say no vat.. and cost of apartment is 1cr+1 lakh extra for something else .. same thing as far as buyer is concerned :P
    CommentQuote
  • This is big thing for builder. Earlier (3-4 year before) builder use to take parking charges separately. As of today I am not seeing a single builder with cost sheet having parking charges as separate line item. Why?

Thy are still taking parking charges but not mentioning it anywhere.

This way they are complying with govt. regulation "parking cannot be sold legally" as on paper he did never sold parking officially.

Similar logic can be used for VAT. Soon they might start charging only on the carpet area. I happened to see one of the builder's cost sheet which has two rates one based on saleble area and second one based on carpet area

Bottom line - VAT is not buyers liability
    CommentQuote
  • Bottom line - VAT is not buyers liability
    No doubt,but the buyer ends up paying VAT in some form or other.If builder pays VAT,he adds that amount to total cost and recovers it from buyer.
    CommentQuote
  • so are you planning to pay the the full service tax with this 2nd demand?
    I am confused about this, how can service tax on total consideration be charged upfront. It is linked to the payment realised by the service provider.
    CommentQuote
    I just saw another thread about Fight against VAT etc.. in which it was said that.. builder cannot pass on the vat to the buyer.. does that mean , in BR the 1% vat which was being asked earlier will not have to be paid ?

You are getting confused & so is superduper & rest. For current agreements, VAT is charged as flat 1% the agreement cost.

The SC judgement & fight against VAT thread is for those who booked between 2006 to April 2010 only.

So, all of you who are yet to do registration shall be liable to pay 1% VAT.

Coming to other query of rent & maintenance, it's the owner who pays the maintenance but the maintenance charges are already factored in the rent. Now if 18k for BR is exclusive of maintenance, then the rental or net outgo for tenant will be 18k + 8k = 26k !!
    Man, who will pay 26,000/month as rent to stay in BR in Hinjewadi ? You get better flats at Aundh or cheaper ones at Baner, that too with specs similar to BR.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    You are getting confused & so is superduper & rest. For current agreements, VAT is charged as flat 1% the agreement cost.

The SC judgement & fight against VAT thread is for those who booked between 2006 to April 2010 only.

So, all of you who are yet to do registration shall be liable to pay 1% VAT.

Coming to other query of rent & maintenance, it's the owner who pays the maintenance but the maintenance charges are already factored in the rent. Now if 18k for BR is exclusive of maintenance, then the rental or net outgo for tenant will be 18k + 8k = 26k !!
    Man, who will pay 26,000/month as rent to stay in BR in Hinjewadi ? You get better flats at Aundh or cheaper ones at Baner, that too with specs similar to BR.

Thanks for that VAT clarification.

FYI, my wife's relatives have rented out two 3 BHKs at BR for Rs. 23 K / month each.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

Your posts are always interesting. I see lot of hatred against BR & you will not let go any single opportunity to bash BR.

Who will pay 26K at BR? 70,000 IT folks travel to Hinjewadi everyday. I understand not every one can afford 26K for rent. But I'm sure that you will find people ready to pay 26K when they probably spend half of it in commuting. We are not even talking about the daily misery these IT folks have to go through when stuck in the Hinjewadi traffic, which is a mess.

I can ask you the same question - why pay 20K in Baner when you work in Hinjewadi? BTW, I paid 18K (including maintenance) in Balewadi for a 2 BHK, paid 4K per month for my kids transport to BR school, paid 10K per month for commute & got what - nothing but bad roads, water shortage, pollution & no peace. I'm so glad that I moved to BR. Life has been peaceful since then.

Not sure if you have visited BR recently. If not, I think you should. I'm not saying that there are no problems at BR. It is an upcoming place & has issues. Nothing can be perfect at any new place. If you like the daily rush, the busy roads, the pollution - then yes, BR is not the place for you.

Sorry to say, but till date, I haven't heard a convincing argument from you on what other places/townships are better than BR. Not that it is going to change my decision but I still ask many folks - suggest a better place than BR after considering my top requirements - walk to work, walk to school, close to Mumbai airport, good lifestyle & peaceful environment.
    CommentQuote