Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3885 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012

Sorry to say, but till date, I haven't heard a convincing argument from you on what other places/townships are better than BR. .

pnq2012,

The BR Bashers' Club rests their whining on

1. no social infrastructure outside the gates

2. Mr. P has cheated all of us by changing plans of the township after some of us booked.

3. if your parents are living with you, they have no support around in Hinjewadi...

4. living at BR should be boring, as only IT folks would want to live there...

and Yada Yada Yada.

But let me tell you......this BR Bashers' Club is fast losing its membership....since firsthand accounts from families like yours are slowly trickling into the public domain.

Life-members of the club are running for the high hills.

Just watch the show.......by engaging them in a debate, you will only encourage them to leave their litter around here :-)))
    CommentQuote
  • I still havent come across any project which has been as impressive as BR.
    As for Mr P changing the plans of the township and getting the golf course instead of the bungalow's , I am glad he did that.. I would rather see the golf course from my window, than someone drying his undies on the terrace of his bungalow :P
    For those who havent visited BR recently, i guess its hard to imagine, what it is like.. totally breathtaking and amazing .. ( and no i am not part of the sales team :P )
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

Man, who will pay 26,000/month as rent to stay in BR in Hinjewadi ? You get better flats at Aundh or cheaper ones at Baner, that too with specs similar to BR.

who will pay 26,000/month as rent to stay in BR in Hinjewadi ?

Easy answer...not everyone can or will but enough number can and will - to occupy the number of flats available in BR

In fact better question will be "why are people ready to pay so high?" ...that might tell you something about people's judgement about quality & taste vis-a-vis personal myopia and phobia with anything in real estate

current 3bhk has maintainace of 5k per month only....get your facts right

if you are talking (8k) of 2018 then by then 26k rent will be peanuts specially if UPA-3 comes into power
    CommentQuote

And look man, I have no plan to buy here or for that matter in entire Hinjewadi,

As per Mah township act, builder can use the FSI of land in any part of the land. So, generally builder puts up lot of buildings in one place & keeps other areas open so that project looks good for 3rd party, visitors etc. Also, joining many building together means multiple buildings sharing same wall, so builder reduces cost of building wall separately for each building. If it is 20 floor building & there are 10 buildings, just see the amount of material saved in this due to common wall. Also, the min gap between 2 buildings which is required is also eliminated here, so less ground space as internal road.

Even Blue Ridge did it, cramped the buildings & put golf course (paid). There are very few builders who think about better spaces between buildings, flats, absence of common walls etc.

:-)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch

if you are talking (8k) of 2018 then by then 26k rent will be peanuts specially if UPA-3 comes into power

Incidentally, I went over to BR on Friday and found out that the maintenance @5 Rs. Per sq. ft. is on the carpet area, so that comes to about Rs. 6655 per month for a 3 BHK not 8k.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • Rs 6600 is better than 8000.

I think we all should get ready to pay much more than we are used to. This is cultural change and we have to accept it. I am looking after society activity of building having 9 flats in Bhosale Nagar and we pay 2000 per month for 2 watchmen; light bills; lift and genset AMC; housekeeping charges and we find them sufficient. Everyone contribute when there is a major expense.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • just want to understand from those who already shifted there...

Inst current rate only 3.2 psf not 5 ?

5 is proposed from 2018
    CommentQuote
    Heck, earlier it was postponement of possession date & now its registration itself ??
    Man, something is surely fishy now. Can someone tell me whether something like, 'possession will be tentatively/approximately on 31 Dec 2017' in agreement ? Let me know if what has been mentioned in bold is true.

It is true, I have received the draft agreement with Dec 2017 as the possession date. I had a big fight with them. They are reconsidering this but no confirmation as yet.
    CommentQuote
  • Can the owners and residents throw some light on the construction quality? Also, does the project have sufficient size parks other than the Golf course?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    Your posts are always interesting. I see lot of hatred against BR & you will not let go any single opportunity to bash BR.

Who will pay 26K at BR? 70,000 IT folks travel to Hinjewadi everyday. I understand not every one can afford 26K for rent. But I'm sure that you will find people ready to pay 26K when they probably spend half of it in commuting. We are not even talking about the daily misery these IT folks have to go through when stuck in the Hinjewadi traffic, which is a mess.

I can ask you the same question - why pay 20K in Baner when you work in Hinjewadi? BTW, I paid 18K (including maintenance) in Balewadi for a 2 BHK, paid 4K per month for my kids transport to BR school, paid 10K per month for commute & got what - nothing but bad roads, water shortage, pollution & no peace. I'm so glad that I moved to BR. Life has been peaceful since then.

Not sure if you have visited BR recently. If not, I think you should. I'm not saying that there are no problems at BR. It is an upcoming place & has issues. Nothing can be perfect at any new place. If you like the daily rush, the busy roads, the pollution - then yes, BR is not the place for you.

Sorry to say, but till date, I haven't heard a convincing argument from you on what other places/townships are better than BR. Not that it is going to change my decision but I still ask many folks - suggest a better place than BR after considering my top requirements - walk to work, walk to school, close to Mumbai airport, good lifestyle & peaceful environment.

I'm very much for staying close to work so that you dont waste time and effort on commute and instead enjoy your life and work much better . But I dont stay in Hinjewadi because outside your township you've nothing else to do and it doesnt feel to have a safe environment for family . PS and Wakad seem to be much better and connection to Pune is better . You can reach to Hinjewadi in 20-25 minutes if you're ready to commute by 2 wheeler instead of 4 . In fact , I see this as a trend of a lot of people nowadays without any question of affordability .

I dont understand what is the craze with Baner , Balewadi as roads in PCMC are much better and you've markets,schools,hospitals nearby .
    Between , if you paid 18k rent for 2 bhk in Balewadi then it is certainly very costly . I've rented in decent societies for last 2bhk for 4 years in PS and Wakad(first flat i rented was 1800 sq.ft. with 500 sq.ft. terrace 10k) and the rent has grown from 10k to 12.5k including maintenance .

I hope you are not serious about 10k for commute from Balewadi to Hinjewadi ???

If somebody is paying 26k for rent in BR why cant he buy an apartment that he can afford in BR or nearby projects in Hinjewadi instead of paying so much for rent ? Even people with 20L+ package will think twice before spending so much on rent .

Also amazed that people take the maintenance of 5-8 k lightly - this is a regular charge you're incurring on for your own flat which is never going to stop and is a major key factor before buying the flat alongwith the flat price . You're renting to the bank , you're being milked on the maintenance , what about other expenses in life other than property ???
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork
    I'm very much for staying close to work so that you dont waste time and effort on commute and instead enjoy your life and work much better . But I dont stay in Hinjewadi because outside your township you've nothing else to do and it doesnt feel to have a safe environment for family . PS and Wakad seem to be much better and connection to Pune is better . You can reach to Hinjewadi in 20-25 minutes if you're ready to commute by 2 wheeler instead of 4 . In fact , I see this as a trend of a lot of people nowadays without any question of affordability .

The concerns you have mentioned are definitely worth mentioning and i think would have been valid a few years ago, I am not sure if you have visited BR recently.
    As for "outside your township you've nothing else to do ...."
    What exactly are you talking of doing ? are you saying that if you live elsewhere if you have to go to a restaurant or watch a movie etc.. u will head to the closest one only because its walking distance ?? I dont think so.. atleast I would drive out to the one which i want to go to which we can do from BR also..

As for talking a walk in the evening... the facility inside BR itself is much better than living in a society in a "well developed" crowded area with crazy traffic on the road.. and darting between vehicles.. so it is much safer for the family and kids as well.. as you are inside your own complex..

For buying basic amenities... options are available right from home delivery to Dmart which is close.. (and i know of people who would travel greater distances, than that from BR also just to shop at Dmart " )
    and this is when the shops within BR etc still havent started off !! I wont even bother mentioning anything about the convenience once these have started...

People look at the madness and crowd all around them and feel that wherever they go, they need this madness to follow..
    Yes there are some concerns like public transport, but really.. if you can afford a flat at BR. you might as well put in some cash and arrange a car or bike for yourself..
    and if not.. definitely other places in pune are better for you ( not you personally :) )

the drawbacks of blue ridge not having anything just outside.. is what people living in BR seem to enjoy the most..
    the sheer peace is beautiful...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    just want to understand from those who already shifted there...

Inst current rate only 3.2 psf not 5 ?

5 is proposed from 2018

Yes. Current it is 3.2. From what I was verbally told, 80% is maintenance & 20% is for amenities. There is some discussion (not official yet) going on where residents want to pay only 80% till all amenities are in place. I believe the matter has been brought up & BR team is looking into it. If that gets approved, then it comes to 2.5/sq. ft till all amenities are ready.

Originally Posted by fatichar
    Can the owners and residents throw some light on the construction quality? Also, does the project have sufficient size parks other than the Golf course?

Depends what your baseline is. By Indian standards, I would rate construction quality as "very good". By international standards, I would rate it as "good". I had to convince myself that I cannot compare the standards with US. And this is not just with BR but pretty much all projects. A big problem is that there are no proper codes in place & there is no consistent approach.

Actually, I'm impressed with the quality but at times wasn't impressed with the presentation e.g. like some folks said, grouting work was not good & that was true in my case. It was not even between the tiles. Shows that it was done by hand without using the grouting tool or gun. When the grout comes out from between the tiles, it looks bad if you closely look at it. How serious is that depends on you. In my 15+ years in the US home, I never had to worry about grouting coming off in my bathroom. At BR, it came off after a gentle scratch using a pen. It was fixed after telling the site engineers.

Another thing I did not like (which is in many Indian apts) - no consistency when installing sink faucets. In our common bathroom sink, the faucet is installed way inside, so when you try washing hands, your hands touch the sink. This is a common problem with many projects as again there is no proper code. Now, I'm planning to replace it with a different faucet as I cannot adjust the hole.

In some cases, the angle cocks below the sinks were not tightened enough. Thus, the first time you used, they leaked. Had to call the plumber to fix it - 5 minute job but still wasn't done professionally.

Not happy with the gas connection location as it is right at the center of the kitchen wall. Hard to install cabinets. Talked to BR team and they asked me to talk to Dolphin gas. Dolphin gas blames it on gas survey group who suggested the location. They are open to routing the pipe internally so that the meter location can be changed. But will cost more plus will require them to shutdown gas for other residents. They will need approval from BR & other residents. In short, uphill task but I haven't thought about it yet.

BR has provided channel pipes for making home theater connections. But looks like they were done by someone who does not know what a home theater is. There is one channel for the FRONT CENTER speaker and SUBWOOFER (near the floor) but the FRONT RIGHT and FRONT LEFT channels are diagonally connected to the TOP SPEAKER (6th speaker in some cases) on the ceiling. Makes it hard to put speaker cables for LEFT and RIGHT speakers as they have to be routed via the TOP ceiling channel.Don't know why they could not simply do a T shape. Hard to explain in words. So I had the electricians come and explain me how it was connected. They accepted that it was not done properly. It does not affect me as I dropped the idea of installing my speakers in the living room. Apparently, I found out that MIVAN technology is not appropriate for home theater & our living/dining are has too many openings. So we will set it up in one of our other rooms using speaker stands.

Anyways, no major quality issues but like I said depends on how you look at them.

Just one advice - don't paint the walls right away after possession. The paint used by BR is of high quality, very expensive. If any problems occur (leak or fungus) within 1 year, BR will repaint your walls. But if you paint the walls and problems occur, BR will not cover that under the warranty. So we dropped the idea of painting for now. Will wait for a year.

Originally Posted by suryawork

No. I was talking about people driving cars from areas like Aundh, Baner (top places to live according to Realacres). 30-40 kms/day roundtrip depending upon your location; 3-4 L approx. fuel as your average goes down considerably when stuck in the Hinjewadi traffic, 240-300/day ; On top of it car maintenance. And the frustration and stress of driving on bad roads - priceless. :-)

For realacres, it may cost more as he will avoid routes where BR or Paranjape advertisement hoardings are visible. :-)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork

I dont understand what is the craze with Baner , Balewadi as roads in PCMC are much better and you've markets,schools,hospitals nearby .
    Between , if you paid 18k rent for 2 bhk in Balewadi then it is certainly very costly . I've rented in decent societies for last 2bhk for 4 years in PS and Wakad(first flat i rented was 1800 sq.ft. with 500 sq.ft. terrace 10k) and the rent has grown from 10k to 12.5k including maintenance .

If somebody is paying 26k for rent in BR why cant he buy an apartment that he can afford in BR or nearby projects in Hinjewadi instead of paying so much for rent ? Even people with 20L+ package will think twice before spending so much on rent .

Also amazed that people take the maintenance of 5-8 k lightly - this is a regular charge you're incurring on for your own flat which is never going to stop and is a major key factor before buying the flat alongwith the flat price . You're renting to the bank , you're being milked on the maintenance , what about other expenses in life other than property ???

I find blue ridge to be an excellent option apart from the floor plans which are generally 'not good'.

There are and will be a lot of takers for blue ridge
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RP Pune

There are and will be a lot of takers for blue ridge

80% of BR is already sold....on its own merit and on the merit of outside-IT-Park.
    Remaining 20% will be sold over next year or so.....as far as sales are concerned, this goose is almost cooked.

The Qs in my mind are.....

1. What Mr. P will do with vast stretch of land he has allegedly bought on the other side of the river.....I dream, a Purple Ridge with water-park in the center !?!?!?!?

2. After few years, how will completion of BR-SEZ expansion (50K+ additional employees) affect prices at BR (resale only) and PR.

I smell.....Mr. P is NOT taking his shop out of our neighborhood for next 7-10 years.
    CommentQuote
  • In my ten years of career I have worked in the city, magarpatta, hinjewadi, baner.. all over the city.

For me i may not buy a home based on current workplace.
    Never know where else I have to go. Tomorrow ... will I be able to accept a good offer in eon it park if I live in Hinjewadi?
    I will Prefer to live in a place that is very well connected and not which is closer to my current workplace

No doubt br is a good scheme... but for me the show stopper is the floor plan(cramped and oblique walls) and locality

Hinjewadi is still a gaon . Safe inside the township but outside... not yet. Scorpio chaps rule the place.
    Unsafe for families.

Maybe it ll be better in five years
    CommentQuote