Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3921 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012

Who will pay 26K at BR? 70,000 IT folks travel to Hinjewadi everyday. I understand not every one can afford 26K for rent. But I'm sure that you will find people ready to pay 26K when they probably spend half of it in commuting. We are not even talking about the daily misery these IT folks have to go through when stuck in the Hinjewadi traffic, which is a mess.

Is there any stat available as to how many of 70K folks have situation like
    - Both work in BR
    - Child studies in BR school
    - Parents/others staying with them do not need to go out on daily basis

On a different note, wonder if travel woes are permanent feature of Hinjewadi ?
    What will happen when baner road will be extended to BR by 6-lane ? Even then, is it expected that traffic situation will remain the same ? Or is it planned to remain the same no matter what ? ;);)

Originally Posted by pnq2012

Not sure if you have visited BR recently. If not, I think you should.

As you said 70K people travel to HJ daily. I am sure you can trust they see/know what is going on in BR and around on daily basis.

Originally Posted by pnq2012

Sorry to say, but till date, I haven't heard a convincing argument from you on what other places/townships are better than BR. Not that it is going to change my decision but I still ask many folks - suggest a better place than BR after considering my top requirements - walk to work, walk to school, close to Mumbai airport, good lifestyle & peaceful
    environment.

You lose the freedom to work anywhere else but BR, have your child study anywhere else but BR. Your family loses freedom to stay anywhere else but BR.
    If child's school is elsewhere, child will travel on highway and bus will be stuck with the rest of 70K folks you have mentioned. I have actually seen BR bus stuck in traffic and on highway and it was not a good sight thinking from child's angle.

Entire family needs to commit to BR (replace it with any such other scheme/location) at least for 15 years. Elsewhere, you can travel and it is well accepted. If you travel from BR, it does not remain "walk to ...." anymore. It will have all the issues that any other location faces.

It depends on how you look at it and what is your real situation.

So coming back to stats, any idea how many out of 70K can pay 26K rent for family living ? And out of those, how many do not already own a home elsewhere in Pune ?
    CommentQuote
  • ok...since you want to have freedom of changing job ...and trying to attach that with your home....please never buy a home...always live on rent

also anyone working in IT...if he cant get his next job too in Hinjewadi ( given that almost all big names are there)...then not sure if he will get anywhere else too

why think it from within city angle...if you will buy in Pune...you cant move to Bangalore/NCR/Chennai/UK/USA...so please dont buy in Pune...in fact don't buy anywhere
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    ok...since you want to have freedom of changing job ...and trying to attach that with your home....please never buy a home...always live on rent

also anyone working in IT...if he cant get his next job too in Hinjewadi ( given that almost all big names are there)...then not sure if he will get anywhere else too

why think it from within city angle...if you will buy in Pune...you cant move to Bangalore/NCR/Chennai/UK/USA...so please dont buy in Pune...in fact don't buy anywhere

You are right!

That is why I am giving so much thought before taking the plunge.
    I am still looking to make the best decision. As an end user I cannot speculate.

As an aside .. my wife works in the city. Me in Hinjewadi.
    Never know where we will go next. I live in aundh right now.

Different country is another matter. If I m in India I will be in pune for sure. My extended family and friends circle are here.

Renting has its disadvantages believe me. Where do I keep lugging my vehicles and household stuff around?
    Renting means I always kinda live out of the suitcase
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    ok...since you want to have freedom of changing job ...and trying to attach that with your home....please never buy a home...always live on rent

Very valid point. But is working in Hinjewadi same as working in BR ?
    Does it remain "walk to work" if one is working outside BR in, say, Phase 2 or 3 ?
    We are not yet talking about one of the two working in, say, Kothrud/Baner/Aundh

How much time does a bus coming from Phase 2 / 3 take to reach BR or the highway during peak hours ? 15 minutes ? 30 minutes ? 45 minutes ? 1 hr ?
    If you have not traveled in Hinjewadi recently, I highly recommend you do so to get first hand feel.

Is this pacticular patch of traffic going to be different if one lives in BR / Atlanta /.... vs. elsewhere ? Does the Phase 2 / 3 road know where you live ?

Originally Posted by Baruch

We are talking about realistic case of someone working in Pune.

You can not work in Pune and live in Bangalore/USA or vice versa.
    You can do so within city.

Note that problem is in pathetic planning of HJ as well as delay in setting up planned infra till flats get sold. If people's need was indeed the driver for planning such so called micro townships, things would have been handled differently and there would have been no chaos.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Y

Good to know one real situation right here - one working in HJ (currently) and one in city.
    thanks buddy for sharing this info !
    CommentQuote
    You are right!

That is why I am giving so much thought before taking the plunge.
    I am still looking to make the best decision. As an end user I cannot speculate.

Different country is another matter. If I m in India I will be in pune for sure. My extended family and friends circle are here.

Renting has its disadvantages believe me. Where do I keep lugging my vehicles and household stuff around?
    Renting means I always kinda live out of the suitcase

I had the exact same requirements - need access to both east and west Pune. Wanted to buy in Aundh to start with - out of budget, Baner - out of budget, so settled for Bavdhan....it's few km more either side now (Eon - 24 km, HJW ph1 - 11 km), but that's okay.

However, those who do not have this pre condition or where both husband and wife working in Hinjewadi, I think BR is a good choice. There are lacs of people working in HJW today so options to change will always be there. The area will only grow. If you do change a job which happens to be in east Pune it is not impossible to commute....Or worst case you move to east Pune and give your flat in BR on rent, there will be hundreds if not thousands of people who would want to take it.
    CommentQuote
  • Isnt that living out of the suitcase again. he is back to renting.
    Also what about school for kids. They have to keep shifting and adjusting. Not to mention the donation/1 time admission fees etc etc

Originally Posted by RP Pune
    Or worst case you move to east Pune and give your flat in BR on rent, there will be hundreds if not thousands of people who would want to take it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by honest
    Isnt that living out of the suitcase again. he is back to renting.
    Also what about school for kids. They have to keep shifting and adjusting. Not to mention the donation/1 time admission fees etc etc

You can't have everything in the world. That would be choice based on a scenario and not a necessity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CommentQuote

Hinjewadi is still a gaon . Safe inside the township but outside... not yet. Scorpio chaps rule the place.
    Unsafe for families.

Maybe it ll be better in five years

That is the case in many new developing areas. E.g. Balewadi, where I was living on rent. That place is still run by goons and as long as you are inside a society, you are fine. As long as you don't take your family for a stroll in the gaon, you should be ok. There is lot of open space inside BR for a nice stroll.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    That is the case in many new developing areas. E.g. Balewadi, where I was living on rent. That place is still run by goons and as long as you are inside a society, you are fine. As long as you don't take your family for a stroll in the gaon, you should be ok. There is lot of open space inside BR for a nice stroll.

The gaon is further inside, on the road adjoining Elite commercial building, right?
    Is the Balewadi part that is on Mitcon road, or near Signet corner, having the same problems? I do not know. I seriously wish to know since you have lived there. I was considering a few schemes in Balewadi.

Which developing locality in Pune does not have gaon and safety problems? Wakad, PS, Balewadi, PN, Hinjewadi, it seems all these places have problems. Baner is somewhat better, but then, it is priced out of reach. What about Baner on the other side of the highway (It comes under Mahalunge gaon, isnt it?)

Is there a rule that governs how much maintenance can be charged by builder under special township act, in a scheme like BR or MP?

Do the residents of any special township act scheme have a say on how the township is run?

Do all schemes in Hinjewadi come under special township act?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by brres13
    The concerns you have mentioned are definitely worth mentioning and i think would have been valid a few years ago, I am not sure if you have visited BR recently.
    As for "outside your township you've nothing else to do ...."
    What exactly are you talking of doing ? are you saying that if you live elsewhere if you have to go to a restaurant or watch a movie etc.. u will head to the closest one only because its walking distance ?? I dont think so.. atleast I would drive out to the one which i want to go to which we can do from BR also..

As for talking a walk in the evening... the facility inside BR itself is much better than living in a society in a "well developed" crowded area with crazy traffic on the road.. and darting between vehicles.. so it is much safer for the family and kids as well.. as you are inside your own complex..

For buying basic amenities... options are available right from home delivery to Dmart which is close.. (and i know of people who would travel greater distances, than that from BR also just to shop at Dmart " )
    and this is when the shops within BR etc still havent started off !! I wont even bother mentioning anything about the convenience once these have started...

People look at the madness and crowd all around them and feel that wherever they go, they need this madness to follow..
    Yes there are some concerns like public transport, but really.. if you can afford a flat at BR. you might as well put in some cash and arrange a car or bike for yourself..
    and if not.. definitely other places in pune are better for you ( not you personally :) )

the drawbacks of blue ridge not having anything just outside.. is what people living in BR seem to enjoy the most..
    the sheer peace is beautiful...

There is a social life outside your township and job apart from work and going to movies and restaurants . What you are talking is lifestyle of a bachelor or young couple .

People with family including parents might understand the social need better . Apart from malls do you ever shop from a big market(Mandai) ? Which is the closest one to Hinjewadi ? Do try to shop there once and you'll find the difference in quality and prices and yes you'll also get a good taste of social life .

By the way , peace is in the mind and not the location .
    CommentQuote
  • Yes there will be representative from each buildings in such big township and they will have only one work "ensure in time payment of maintenance from the members of their bldg.". Township management are such a expert that they understand wishlist of their residents. No need for taking extra efforts even for a "say"
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork
    There is a social life outside your township and job apart from work and going to movies and restaurants . What you are talking is lifestyle of a bachelor or young couple .

People with family including parents might understand the social need better . Apart from malls do you ever shop from a big market(Mandai) ? Which is the closest one to Hinjewadi ? Do try to shop there once and you'll find the difference in quality and prices and yes you'll also get a good taste of social life .

By the way , peace is in the mind and not the location .

OK maybe you are right, there obviously are activities related to "social life" which you have in mind, that i am not aware off.
    Although i really still dont get what you mean by it.

Btw do mention which mandai you shop at, and i dont mean that in a sarci way, I would actually like to compare prices
    and quality etc.

what kind of items do you mean.. everyday groceries ? cuz they are cheaper at dmart..
    for veggies,, i did not find the prices of veggies substantially different from dmart as compared to aundh or a couple of other places.. and these things very relative..
    for someone living in mumbai (in some areas).. they might find entire pune expensive for some items..
    but i dont think its reasonable to say the price of veggies will be the deciding factor in locating to a particular place,

If basic items are not available YES! i would agree with you, but the topic of comparison in price and quality is endless.. for someone who has lived in a village, he will probably tell you, that instead of shopping in a Mandai, go to any remote village to their sunday market etc, prices and quality will be even better.

And yes peace is in the mind, but try explaining that to someone who has lived in an apartment adjoining a busy street or main road. It is so noisy with constant honking and noise of traffic etc, its unbelievable.
    and after a period of time your mind would adjust to it and block it out, but its still there messing with your head and making people snappy even without them realising it.
    so i do associate the stay at BR with more peace of mind.
    CommentQuote
    The gaon is further inside, on the road adjoining Elite commercial building, right?
    Is the Balewadi part that is on Mitcon road, or near Signet corner, having the same problems? I do not know. I seriously wish to know since you have lived there. I was considering a few schemes in Balewadi.

Which developing locality in Pune does not have gaon and safety problems? Wakad, PS, Balewadi, PN, Hinjewadi, it seems all these places have problems. Baner is somewhat better, but then, it is priced out of reach. What about Baner on the other side of the highway (It comes under Mahalunge gaon, isnt it?)

Is there a rule that governs how much maintenance can be charged by builder under special township act, in a scheme like BR or MP?

Do the residents of any special township act scheme have a say on how the township is run?

Do all schemes in Hinjewadi come under special township act?

Any inputs?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pune_friend
    Is there any stat available as to how many of 70K folks have situation like
    - Both work in BR
    - Child studies in BR school
    - Parents/others staying with them do not need to go out on daily basis

So coming back to stats, any idea how many out of 70K can pay 26K rent for family living ? And out of those, how many do not already own a home elsewhere in Pune ?

Firstly, no BR buyer will give these stats as they will fail miserably. Also see that most of townships are investor driven rather than end user ones. The details have been talked about in MPolis thread already.

And I think there is no point in debating with BR buyers as they don't have anything else to offer but walk to work, seems they are born only to work in Hinjewadi. These are more of robotic people, office-home, home-office, nothing in between. Personally, I prefer to stay in community where there are people from all walks of life, CAs, docs, mgmt guys, lawyers, govt employees, bankers, advertisers etc. & not just ITGs. Infact, the place where I am staying today has all these type of people & it feels good to know about other works too. We can help each other too due to varied experience in different fields.

Btw, I would also like to know how many BR buyers are native of Pune. It looks most are migrants having no touch with Pune city per se & so need not debate further on this aspect.

As far as other land which builder has near BR, I think there won't be purple ridge or something but Athashri Ridge, where Mr. P will build old-age homes for retired employees of Hinjewadi who were previously staying in BR. :D:D

** PS:- The above statement has more to do with location of townships & surrounding area. If you see, I have never criticised Magarpatta or Amanora based on location as there is life even after you step outside the compound.
    CommentQuote