Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
Reply
3936 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by brres13
    I still havent come across any project which has been as impressive as BR.
    As for Mr P changing the plans of the township and getting the golf course instead of the bungalow's , I am glad he did that.. I would rather see the golf course from my window, than someone drying his undies on the terrace of his bungalow :P
    For those who havent visited BR recently, i guess its hard to imagine, what it is like.. totally breathtaking and amazing .. ( and no i am not part of the sales team :P )

    This golf is open for all, public. And for BR guys, you need to pay few lacs to use it, its not complimentary with flat as amenity.

    Man, just because a stunning super model stays nearby doesn't mean she becomes your gf or wife. :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by brshanghai
    It is true, I have received the draft agreement with Dec 2017 as the possession date. I had a big fight with them. They are reconsidering this but no confirmation as yet.

    And please mention why TENTATIVE/APPROXIMATE word in agreement when already they are asking for 2 year margin, which is huuuge even by local standards. There is no point if these things are done by builder as it will give him escape route even if he doesn't finishes off the project before end 2017 & you too will have no much right left to fight him legally due to such wordings in the clause.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    This golf is open for all, public. And for BR guys, you need to pay few lacs to use it, its not complimentary with flat as amenity.

    Man, just because a stunning super model stays nearby doesn't mean she becomes your gf or wife. :D


    I really think you could come up with something better than that example :)

    but yes.. just because i don't own the golf course dose not mean, i don't want to enjoy the view.


    Which part of the golf course , or rather club is bothering you? the fact that it is not free? or the fact that people who dont live in BR can take membership with the club?

    Its such a petty way to look at things.. BR was charging 5800 for the golf course facing flat and 2 lakhs for the club membership....
    the total cost of the flat comes upto almost 1.1 cr you really think that 2 lakhs extra for the club membership is the deal breaker ?

    instead of 5800 if BR had charged 5915 Rs per/sqft... and said.. golf club membership is free !!!! then lots of people would be extremely happy.. Free!! membership ... overall it comes down to the same thing.. the amount of money you would have paid would be the same..

    Its all in our head !! what we find acceptable and what we find expensive..

    and as for having non BR residents as golf club members, I don't see that as an issue either.
    Its a place to meet and socialize with people.
    There are approximately 3000 apartments being sold at BR. If the golf club membership was free.. you would have people just walking on to the course.. just for the heck of it.. saying that.. we are also members.. so what if we don't want to play golf.. i will have a bloody picnic here !!! for the so called Paisa Vasool mentality ( you must have heard the famous.. arey paisa humne bhi bhara hai ) !!
    By charging extra for the club membership, atleast people who are interested in it will opt for it..
    So no i don't find the whole idea of the charged club membership unacceptable.

    And even for residents who do not take membership.. you have so much unobstructed open view in front and a beautiful green golf course to look at .. so what are you complaining about !!
    CommentQuote
  • To give you a global perspective.
    Most Golf Courses all over the world, charge its paid-up members additional "greens fees" everytime they go out to play in the golf course. Infact you will have to reserve the playing session beforehand, if you just walk-in to play, there is no guarantee that they will allow you on the golf course if all the slots are booked prior.

    So it would be okay to expect some Rs300-500 fees per playing session, even after you pay the 2.5L golf course membership.
    CommentQuote
  • Bone of contention over here is Blue Ridge's location. For native Pune or Maharashtrian guys, Blue Ridge may not be suitable. Pune is known for its cultural (Marathi language oriented) and local food varieties in Maharashtra. You can get a glimpse of it if you visit Ganesh Visarjan on Laxmi road. Also, number of relatives and friends (school, childhood, college etc) visiting your place is far more in case if you a Pune or Maharashtrian guy. Can they reach Blue Ridge by auto/bus/own vehicle easily? I doubt.

    For a non-Maharashtrian guy, its a no brainer. He has got nothing to do with cultural/local food/local community based activities. Also visitors will be far less being outstation guy. Lot of time social life revolves around company friends and their families. For them, Blue Ridge is a good (but still expensive) option.

    Choice is individual. I fear, Blue Ridge guys might end up staying in Pune just for namesake. If you cant think of studying in Fergusson / SP college for your kids because of the distance and commute, you will never get a feel of Pune. It will just be another city for you.

    These are my personal opinions. No offense with anyone please and specifically with Blue Ridge owners.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres


    And I think there is no point in debating with BR buyers as they don't have anything else to offer but walk to work, seems they are born only to work in Hinjewadi. These are more of robotic people, office-home, home-office, nothing in between. Personally, I prefer to stay in community where there are people from all walks of life, CAs, docs, mgmt guys, lawyers, govt employees, bankers, advertisers etc. & not just ITGs. Infact, the place where I am staying today has all these type of people & it feels good to know about other works too. We can help each other too due to varied experience in different fields.

    Btw, I would also like to know how many BR buyers are native of Pune. It looks most are migrants having no touch with Pune city per se & so need not debate further on this aspect.


    ** PS:- The above statement has more to do with location of townships & surrounding area. If you see, I have never criticised Magarpatta or Amanora based on location as there is life even after you step outside the compound.


    +1

    Most of the guys are migrants who dont have a link with Pune city . So they hardly care about life outside the township . Its like sitting in your own cocoon and such lifestyle is suitable to bachelors , young couples but not to people who have parents and kids as well .

    Social life is not just about movies and restaurants , gym and clubhouse after work .
    I always try to find a society where there are people with other professions than IT .
    In the society that I live today everybody has at least 1 more property than their current one . People have much more money but lifestyles are simple and social . Neighbours come in more handy than relatives - lot of people dont understand this unless there is an emergency and you find nobody around to help you in your cocoon in some remote place .

    Magarpatta is in the city , so no question about it .

    Funny thing is middle class always aspires and boasts of a rich life style and buys liabilities thinking they are rich .
    CommentQuote
  • I visited the Blue Ridge launch day (I think it was 2004/2005). i was working in Geometric at that time and I visited around 2 pm and all flats/towers for which original booking was open was sold out. So within first 2/3 hours, all towers were gone and Paranjape had to open additional towers for booking because of people pressure on same day even though maps/floor plans were not ready for customers.

    Mr. Paranjape was there on that day and people complained about not getting a chance to book a flat. Almost all of them were local Pune guys. Some of them were already owning a flat in Paranjape schemes (mostly Kothrud) in Pune city area and because of their good experience, they wanted to book the flat. Many of them were knowing Mr Paranjape personally during their earlier flat dealings. Also at that time, there was a huge fan club for Paranjape schemes in NRI guys (mostly Pune based in US).

    Good amount of initial tower bookings are from local Pune guys who are staying in Pune city. I don't think, they will relocate to Blue Ridge by leaving their Kothrud house. So indirectly you can say they are the investors and will be giving out on rent.

    Later towers might witness non-Pune based guys like Infosys group bookings etc and they will come there for living.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by brres13
    OK maybe you are right, there obviously are activities related to "social life" which you have in mind, that i am not aware off.
    Although i really still dont get what you mean by it.

    Btw do mention which mandai you shop at, and i dont mean that in a sarci way, I would actually like to compare prices
    and quality etc.

    what kind of items do you mean.. everyday groceries ? cuz they are cheaper at dmart..
    for veggies,, i did not find the prices of veggies substantially different from dmart as compared to aundh or a couple of other places.. and these things very relative..
    for someone living in mumbai (in some areas).. they might find entire pune expensive for some items..
    but i dont think its reasonable to say the price of veggies will be the deciding factor in locating to a particular place,

    If basic items are not available YES! i would agree with you, but the topic of comparison in price and quality is endless.. for someone who has lived in a village, he will probably tell you, that instead of shopping in a Mandai, go to any remote village to their sunday market etc, prices and quality will be even better.


    And yes peace is in the mind, but try explaining that to someone who has lived in an apartment adjoining a busy street or main road. It is so noisy with constant honking and noise of traffic etc, its unbelievable.
    and after a period of time your mind would adjust to it and block it out, but its still there messing with your head and making people snappy even without them realising it.
    so i do associate the stay at BR with more peace of mind.


    Try Pimpri market and compare with DMart .

    This is the general price trend below .

    Local Veggie Prices in IT areas > More store > DMart store > Market

    Just a comparison point - Got quality apples at 60 per kg , onion at 40 per kg this week .
    Rates for same are 120 and 70 per kg in PS.

    Market will give you fresh produce and more options as well . You will enjoy shopping more than a typical mall where u stand in line for weighing groceries , veggies and then at the cashiers who will always not have spare change and give you a cadbury,plastic bag or shampoo .

    Local prices in PS are at least 50% more than market , sometimes even 100% . Prices depend on person and the vehicle he is travelling in .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork
    Try Pimpri market and compare with DMart .

    This is the general price trend below .

    Local Veggie Prices in IT areas > More store > DMart store > Market

    Just a comparison point - Got quality apples at 60 per kg , onion at 40 per kg this week .
    Rates for same are 120 and 70 per kg in PS.

    Market will give you fresh produce and more options as well . You will enjoy shopping more than a typical mall where u stand in line for weighing groceries , veggies and then at the cashiers who will always not have spare change and give you a cadbury,plastic bag or shampoo .

    Local prices in PS are at least 50% more than market , sometimes even 100% . Prices depend on person and the vehicle he is travelling in .


    if your 1 hour of time waste is justified to save 200-300 rs on veg then BR is surely not for you

    for modern day professionals every hour (specially non-office) counts

    Many woudnt mind paying 1000 rs in a month more if that saves 4-5 hours in a month

    Also I dont want to get into this but fully convinced that for general grocery DMart is cheaper than Pimpri

    anyways...based on your reasoning you should try to live very near to subji mandi only
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by avadhoot
    I visited the Blue Ridge launch day (I think it was 2004/2005). i was working in Geometric at that time and I visited around 2 pm and all flats/towers for which original booking was open was sold out. So within first 2/3 hours, all towers were gone and Paranjape had to open additional towers for booking because of people pressure on same day even though maps/floor plans were not ready for customers.

    Mr. Paranjape was there on that day and people complained about not getting a chance to book a flat. Almost all of them were local Pune guys. Some of them were already owning a flat in Paranjape schemes (mostly Kothrud) in Pune city area and because of their good experience, they wanted to book the flat. Many of them were knowing Mr Paranjape personally during their earlier flat dealings. Also at that time, there was a huge fan club for Paranjape schemes in NRI guys (mostly Pune based in US).

    Good amount of initial tower bookings are from local Pune guys who are staying in Pune city. I don't think, they will relocate to Blue Ridge by leaving their Kothrud house. So indirectly you can say they are the investors and will be giving out on rent.

    Later towers might witness non-Pune based guys like Infosys group bookings etc and they will come there for living.


    project wasnt launched in 2004-05
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Personally, I prefer to stay in community where there are people from all walks of life, CAs, docs, mgmt guys, lawyers, govt employees, bankers, advertisers etc. & not just ITGs.


    except for the difference that you have decided to live on rent for rest of your life and they live in their homes
    CommentQuote
  • Looks like Brick-throwers' club.......BR Bashers' Club is back at it with its old ridiculous nauseous regurgitations.....

    Dear life-members of BR Bashers' club....do you guys have KOI NAYA MAAL in stock ????



    And one more thing......

    From top of my building in Blue Ridge I can see white-flags being held high and waved from old Wadas and Peths of Pune.
    OK.....relax put them down.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by brres13
    Its such a petty way to look at things.. BR was charging 5800 for the golf course facing flat and 2 lakhs for the club membership....
    the total cost of the flat comes upto almost 1.1 cr you really think that 2 lakhs extra for the club membership is the deal breaker ?

    instead of 5800 if BR had charged 5915 Rs per/sqft... and said.. golf club membership is free !!!! then lots of people would be extremely happy.. Free!! membership ... overall it comes down to the same thing.. the amount of money you would have paid would be the same..

    Its all in our head !! what we find acceptable and what we find expensive..

    and as for having non BR residents as golf club members, I don't see that as an issue either.
    Its a place to meet and socialize with people.
    There are approximately 3000 apartments being sold at BR. If the golf club membership was free.. you would have people just walking on to the course.. just for the heck of it.. saying that.. we are also members.. so what if we don't want to play golf.. i will have a bloody picnic here !!! for the so called Paisa Vasool mentality ( you must have heard the famous.. arey paisa humne bhi bhara hai ) !!
    By charging extra for the club membership, atleast people who are interested in it will opt for it..
    So no i don't find the whole idea of the charged club membership unacceptable.

    And even for residents who do not take membership.. you have so much unobstructed open view in front and a beautiful green golf course to look at .. so what are you complaining about !!


    So aptly put

    But trust me 95% people won't get your point and that's why Mr Katju thinks what he thinks about 95% Indians

    I mean people don't see fundamental fallacy in arguments when they try to consider public transport and 2 Rs discount in grocery as the reason for buying or not buying a 1.2cr home
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch

    I mean people don't see fundamental fallacy in arguments when they try to consider public transport and 2 Rs discount in grocery as the reason for buying or not buying a 1.2cr home


    People don't and won't see an argument as false when their livelihood, faith or self-image depends on making that argument.

    Here in US its called "head in the sand'.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    if your 1 hour of time waste is justified to save 200-300 rs on veg then BR is surely not for you

    for modern day professionals every hour (specially non-office) counts

    Many woudnt mind paying 1000 rs in a month more if that saves 4-5 hours in a month

    Also I dont want to get into this but fully convinced that for general grocery DMart is cheaper than Pimpri

    anyways...based on your reasoning you should try to live very near to subji mandi only


    If you can read properly , my post above that you've quoted was in reply to brres13 :

    Btw do mention which mandai you shop at, and i dont mean that in a sarci way, I would actually like to compare prices and quality etc.

    As for BR my comments are related to the location and lack of social infra for people having families . I've clearly said its good to stay near office , but modern day professionals (aka software labour) in Hinjewadi are also people who have other needs than just commuting to office . Looks like these professionals in BR are mostly migrants(no disrespect meant but a fact) who dont need anything else other than office in vicinity .

    Thanks for your advice . I always live in areas having good social infra so that my family can also have a life of their own instead of living on remote islands .

    By the way , what will you do if your job tomorrow moves from walkable distance from BR to say 15km ahead in the future phases of Hinjewadi and you find that it becomes a one hour commute ? Will you rent or buy another apartment near the new office ?
    CommentQuote