4010 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Originally posted by rechetan252 View Post
    Hi,

Can any one suggest me on these below two property

1. RB : - 1 BHK - 576Sq - 37Lac ( Inclu All tax )
    Per Sq : 5963 ( Approx )
    2. Royal Mirage : 1 BHK - 665Sq - 40 Lac - ( Inclu - All Tax )
    Per Sq : 5000/-

Regards
    Chetan
    Just wanted to share my case...I had a similar dilemma (BR, Royal Mirage, or Life Republic (new 1 BHK launching in June)) and booked in BR last week...

Comment

For the maintenance of Golf course - what is the source of water

Isn't it a shame - in the world around Pune (and within Pune to some extent) - people do not have sufficient water to drink- irrigate farmlands - water for daily chores

and Blue ridge like townships are making shameless claim over scarce essential resource.

Some kind of aftermath - like outrage can not be ruled out against innocent residents-- a fear that can not be ruled out in the future if water scarcity is going to be the order of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by mangomen View Post
        For the maintenance of Golf course - what is the source of water
        Water from STP is the source.

Isn't it a shame - in the world around Pune (and within Pune to some extent) - people do not have sufficient water to drink- irrigate farmlands - water for daily chores

and Blue ridge like townships are making shameless claim over scarce essential resource.
        Did not get your point. Are you suggesting that STP water should be provided to residents or are you suggesting that water should not be taken from the Mula river so that Pune residents get enough water.

Some kind of aftermath - like outrage can not be ruled out against innocent residents-- a fear that can not be ruled out in the future if water scarcity is going to be the order of the day.
        There is no such thing like water scarcity in Pune. It is all political drama. Your concerns should be addressed to the state authorities. It is because of our corrupt politicians that builders are now setting up self-efficient townships that have water treatment plants that can provide good water.

Comment

the water to be used for a golf course can be used to water the plants, trees. it provides much needed soil protection and other benefits....

There is ample amount of facts available on net to support the claim that golf courses should be replaced by greener and more environment frindly options like trees, plantations.

A few comments:

"Urban, middle class residents - with water-consuming appliances, homes with lawns to water and a fondness for golf courses - use 300 percent more water than their rural counterparts." - CNN

"Keeping a golf course in top shape requires large amounts of water, fertilizers, and toxic pesticides that end up running off the land into lakes and rivers and giving golf a bad name." - National Geographic

"Golf courses need constant water supply of reasonable quality" - Australian institute of Golf course architects...

Research is underway to make golf courses less of a hazard -- something (golf courses) that should be avoided especially in a country like India - where any eco-friendly technique takes decades to reach and come into practice.

The point is --- in place of golf courses - tree plantation should have been on builder's menu,

But instead- they built a golf course - to appease those who can get this mental comfort of paying premium price (due to golf course).

in any case - i feel sorry for those who would be living in such townships where water is seen going down the drain - and just outside the township - people are fighting for water..... can the residents live in such an environment?

I am sure - State will come heavily - on such townships - in near future- if the fear of acute water crisis grips us.

Please read indian newspapers - drought etc. words will be visible. scarcity in and around pune - is real. States with abundant water resources (like maharashtra is water rich given the rainfall etc.) should not start misusing its resources, Spare water for those who do not have it.

It is a debate which needs factual correctness for people to understand. BR - no matter what builder says - will either remain a water guzzler or there will be mass protests against such set ups/townships.... in the near future... PIL's may be filed against secretaries, presidents of such societies, builders (all to made co-accused).

i am not saying the Water war is on -- but there will be a war for water in few years (5-10 years).
          Last edited by mangomen; May 8 2013, 06:38 AM.

Comment

self-sufficient townships ---- > a myth ---- > why do they need water tankers? Why PMC resources are needed for such so called self sufficient townships?

Golf courses are going to be a pain for the residents to maintain -- no one will pay heavy maintenance ---- imgaine a water tax imposed on such golf courses - elaborate swimming pools -- --- water use should be monitored closely in such townships and PMC should levy a tax (plus a special charge for water usage swimming pools, golf courses).

Courts will be hearing PIL on such issues soon.... wait and watch...

Comment

would residents allow the kids to play cricket on the golf course?

if yes - then it will be a barren land soon (in six months).

if not- then where will they play? is there a provision for a cricket play/football play area in the township?

will the society allow using such golf courses for family picknic - family's day out ---- casual walk --- imgaine being hit by a hard golf ball... it hurts --- so kids safety , elderly safety, ?????

Comment

imagine a scenario -- golf playing population in BR is in same proportion as it is in the world ---

let us assume total population of BR = 10,000 residents.

proportion of golfers (amateurs and professionals etc) = 1% (a bit higher number is taken to explain the point ; actual percentage will be ridiculous --- .001% as per PGA)

so in all golf players will be = 100= 100 families (let us assume for a moment)

can these 100 families will have any say in deciding the use of golf course... regulating it-- maintaining it---- ??

Comment

As far as I understand, the residents can use the blue ridge school sports facilities (i.e. football/cricket ground, badminton courts etc.).

With respect to your concern about grey water from the sewage treatment plant being used for the golf course - I'm certain that requisite environmental clearances have been sought from the government authorities by the township.

The golf course is a separate club and would probably be administered by the club administration and its members, the residents would not have too much of a say in that.

If you are serious about chasing down the details of why blue ridge is being permitted to build and operate a golf course, I believe a simple RTI query to the relevant govt. authorities would arm you with sufficient information about the clearances and considerations that have been accorded to Paranjape to run the golf course.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

It is highly unlikely that someone like Paranjape may not have taken permission from the Government (MIDC) for setting up a golf course. The BR township document should probably mention that.

It is true that setting up a golf course does require proper maintenance and environment friendly disposal of used water which is also subject to regular inspections. From what I know, the golf course will be managed outside of the BR society. If BR fails to maintain the golf course within the proper limitations, then they will lose the permit.

I do not deny that "golf courses should be replaced by greener and more environment friendly options" but on the other hand I'm glad to see a green patch instead of bungalows or row houses that were planned originally. I'm fine with BR using the golf course provided it is maintained properly within permitted limits.

Comment

At BR, the living room has a provision for installing home theater speakers along with a duct/channel for running the speaker wires. There are basically 6 openings, 3 on each of the opposite walls. Each opening is connected to ducts inside the wall. Has anyone utilized this provision yet? If so, how easy/difficult is it to run the wiring?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X