Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3885 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    Which society ? 2bhk or 3bhk ? Old or new flat ? Builder flat ? 10 year old ?

1.3 cr for 1700 psf in Aundh with a society having basic amenities like swimming pool, club with gym, pool table, TT etc ? Am I missing thing ? I hope you are not talking about Chakan ?

Hello baruch, brres,

For 1700 sq ft flat in Aundh, with all the amenities you mentioned, the price goes beyond 1.5 Cr. There are fewer schemes with all amenities in Aundh.
    Most constructions in Aundh are over 5 years old. True. But believe me, I have myself seen these older buildings in Aundh. The new construction quality these days is much worse than those 5-8 year old buildings in Aundh. These days, 3 year old buildings have more seepage, and look older and in a more state of disrepair than even 8 year old buildings in Aundh.

Hinjewadi may develop as well as Aundh in future. No denying that.
    But there is something about Aundh which makes it a much better place than Baner or Hinjewadi (as of today, right now). Just come to Aundh, have a coffee at some cafe and watch the world go by. More than anything else, it is the people living in a locality (not just a township or society) that makes the difference.
    For example, I had to visit ICICI branch at Hinjewadi, near Wipro ph2, few days ago. You will see a great difference in the kind of crowd (gaon public; not pointing at ITGs) that visits the branch. Same was my experience with HDFC Hinjewadi branch few months ago (which seems to be under repairs now). But walk into a branch at Aundh and you will see that even staffers are more courteous and relaxed.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Infy circle?? I guess it will be the Phase 3 circle near TCS/TechM, whichever way the road comes from (Sus, or nande).

>> the only sensible way to connect both the areas is via Mahalunge.

That is a sensible way. But I believe they will widen existing roads instead of making a new one.

The road widening is already in progress but is not consistent. That causes traffic jams at various bottlenecks. From what I have heard, they are supposed to lay down some pipes near the Hinjewadi chowk. That is why they are not fixing the road near the chowk, which I think is a lame excuse.

Anyways, we can only wait and watch what happens. I'm glad that I'm not part of that mess anymore.
    CommentQuote

Hinjewadi may develop as well as Aundh in future. No denying that.
    But there is something about Aundh which makes it a much better place than Baner or Hinjewadi (as of today, right now). Just come to Aundh, have a coffee at some cafe and watch the world go by. More than anything else, it is the people living in a locality (not just a township or society) that makes the difference.

I know exactly what you mean by the Feel of Aundh, and i wont deny it.. as i do quite frequently come there.. either to shop or to the just books outlet.. etc etc..
    But for any nice cosy place.. development will eventually cause heavy congestion, traffic jams etc.. and aundh also has its fair share.

But i dont need to live in Aundh to enjoy the things which are available there..
    And even if hinjewadi does take more time than expected to develop, I still could continue visiting aundh as and when required.

I can always visit a cafe at Aundh and watch the world go by, ( which as amazing as it sounds , unfortunately at times can mean.. watching the world go by very very slowly in a traffic jam :P )

So more often than not.. I really would prefer sitting in my balcony at BR..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by brres13
    I know exactly what you mean by the Feel of Aundh, and i wont deny it.. as i do quite frequently come there.. either to shop or to the just books outlet.. etc etc..
    But for any nice cosy place.. development will eventually cause heavy congestion, traffic jams etc.. and aundh also has its fair share.

But i dont need to live in Aundh to enjoy the things which are available there..
    And even if hinjewadi does take more time than expected to develop, I still could continue visiting aundh as and when required.

I can always visit a cafe at Aundh and watch the world go by, ( which as amazing as it sounds , unfortunately at times can mean.. watching the world go by very very slowly in a traffic jam :P )

So more often than not.. I really would prefer sitting in my balcony at BR..

:)

Cafe in some bylane, not on main road. There was this nice place called The Patio near Croma, but it has shut down. Try another one in the same lane. Also try CCD near Kalpataru Enclave in Aundh. No traffic jams there.

Balcony at BR... I have plans to see it for myself soon, thanks to a friend who has shifted there (rented) last month :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ThodiSiZamin
    The problem with such remote projects is that the rate they are quoting seems high compared to the third class infrastructure which such remote areas offers. Also the golden rule of investments is that: past performance is not an indicator of future performance. So just because Aundh worked out doesn't mean hinjewadi will work out as well.

I agree to this point... the people who booked in Aundh when it was underdeveloped, paid the prices according to the infra available at that time... they were not quoted a price for something which will be developed 5 years later or 10 year later.

Hinjewadi area townships (or for that matter, any remote townships) these days are asking rates for something which will be delivered many years later. Most of the times, the buyers do not have any control on things outside their flats but the rates they are charged are for the dreams they would be getting after few years.

Such townships have proven records to delay other developments in the area for their selfish motives (e.g. Magarpatta blocked the flyover, BR or Megapolis may be opposing smooth public transport or roads to HJ companies).

One can pay for location premium but that should be considering the infrastructure in place or at least a confirmed plan in place. Otherwise one may end up like Sun Planet (classic example!!).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punerebuyer

Hinjewadi area townships (or for that matter, any remote townships) these days are asking rates for something which will be delivered many years later.

Wrong.......

You only get what you pay for.

Hinjewadi prices are lower than Banner and Aundh because you pay premium for developed social-infra...in those areas.

On the other hand.....

You have to pay for what you want to get.

You never get to stay in a township such as BR ( even if you are willing to pay )...since there were none built back then in those areas.
    CommentQuote
  • Aundh is one of the better places to live in Pune & if you can afford a premium apartment there & suits your lifestyle, then yes, go for it. But it is wrong to generalize that "instead of investing in Hinjewadi, you should have invested in Aundh". That is one thing I have never understood about people - maybe it is a cultural thing - people always jump to conclusions without understanding the other person's requirement.

Another thing to note here is that even though you are comparing Aundh with Hinjewadi, the actual comparison could be between Aundh and BR because BR is a township. As some of you have said that Aundh developed over a period of years to become a better place then it happened so because of the residents and demand. The risk factor there was that early settlers weren't sure about how Aundh will turn out to be. That risk factor is not there in BR anymore. Now, you see what you get. You know where the shops are coming, you know where the mall is coming and you know where the school is. Same applies to Hinjewadi - you will see it develop. Considering that Aundh has an advantage over BR since it was developed more than 10 years back, it is never going to be a fair comparison till BR is completely developed.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punerebuyer
    I agree to this point... the people who booked in Aundh when it was underdeveloped, paid the prices according to the infra available at that time... they were not quoted a price for something which will be developed 5 years later or 10 year later.

Hinjewadi area townships (or for that matter, any remote townships) these days are asking rates for something which will be delivered many years later. Most of the times, the buyers do not have any control on things outside their flats but the rates they are charged are for the dreams they would be getting after few years.

Such townships have proven records to delay other developments in the area for their selfish motives (e.g. Magarpatta blocked the flyover, BR or Megapolis may be opposing smooth public transport or roads to HJ companies).

One can pay for location premium but that should be considering the infrastructure in place or at least a confirmed plan in place. Otherwise one may end up like Sun Planet (classic example!!).

That is precisely the point. Prices for 3bhk were about 20L in Aundh around 2005. Prices increased only when Aundh became developed. Accounting for general price appreciation, inflation etc, isnt Hinjewadi overpriced? Hinjewadi 4-5 saal mein develop hoga bol kar aap aaj 4-5 saal aage ka price denge kya?

The dilemma for end users is - to avoid speculation, buy a home in places where you can see things on the ground. But then, prices are out of budget in such places. Investors who want to risk proposed roads etc can invest in places like BR. For that risk, you pay lower prices. What to do? :)
    CommentQuote
  • Price hinjewadi is significantly lower than developed areas such as Aundh.

Price at BR is at a little bit premium over the Hinjewadi price.......due to its trajectory of premium developments inside the township.
    Some random building in Aundh and Banner and such will never have what a completed Blue Ridge will have.
    And still prices in BR today are lower than any good place in Aundh....because there still is need for social-infrastructure.....that will take few years.

Where is the question of paying tomorrow's price ?
    Just because prices are not "low enough", doesn't mean we are paying tomorrow's price.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    Aundh is one of the better places to live in Pune & if you can afford a premium apartment there & suits your lifestyle, then yes, go for it. But it is wrong to generalize that "instead of investing in Hinjewadi, you should have invested in Aundh". That is one thing I have never understood about people - maybe it is a cultural thing - people always jump to conclusions without understanding the other person's requirement.

Another thing to note here is that even though you are comparing Aundh with Hinjewadi, the actual comparison could be between Aundh and BR because BR is a township. As some of you have said that Aundh developed over a period of years to become a better place then it happened so because of the residents and demand. The risk factor there was that early settlers weren't sure about how Aundh will turn out to be. That risk factor is not there in BR anymore. Now, you see what you get. You know where the shops are coming, you know where the mall is coming and you know where the school is. Same applies to Hinjewadi - you will see it develop. Considering that Aundh has an advantage over BR since it was developed more than 10 years back, it is never going to be a fair comparison till BR is completely developed.

Hello pnq2012, superduper,

>> "instead of investing in Hinjewadi, you should have invested in Aundh".
    That is not my view.

>> That risk factor is not there in BR anymore.
    True. Same cannot be said about Hinjewadi. Risk factor is not BR, it is Hinjewadi. Baner seems to be turning out better than Hinjewadi or wakad.
    When the first township Magarpatta came up, it was thought you will never need to go out of township for anything. Is that really true? Same way, Blueridge will not be the be all and end all of anyone's existence.

>> Hinjewadi prices are lower than Banner and Aundh

Not much of a gap really. You can get a decent 3bhk in baner for same price as in Hinjewadi. What you wont get is a township.
    CommentQuote
  • Sat234,

You are right.........BR ( or for that matter any township ) will never be all and end all.

If Hinjewadi doesn't develop ( which I doubt ), BR residents will have MP and LR and more townships to tap their resources.
    All these townships are scheduled to have schools and malls and gyms and restaurants and a lot more of everything.....
    Put together, this area will be much more than sum of its parts ( i .e. individual townships ).

BTW I highly doubt.....Hinjewadi ( outside of townships and IT park ) will not develop.
    Development always follows money.
    Residential townships had to follow huge IT park........social-infra has to follow these huge residential town-ships......
    Thousands ( about 10 -20 K all put together) of families who will be civilized, educated and affording will make this whole Hinjewadi area their home.
    This place will be much bigger, better developed ( primarily due to all the well-designed townships and huge IT-park ) and diverse than Aundh.

Yes, prices are lower.......since its not yet Aundh.....and its going to take years.....and there's risk.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Superduper
    Price hinjewadi is significantly lower than developed areas such as Aundh.

Price at BR is at a little bit premium over the Hinjewadi price.......due to its trajectory of premium developments inside the township.
    Some random building in Aundh and Banner and such will never have what a completed Blue Ridge will have.
    And still prices in BR today are lower than any good place in Aundh....because there still is need for social-infrastructure.....that will take few years.

Where is the question of paying tomorrow's price ?
    Just because prices are not "low enough", doesn't mean we are paying tomorrow's price.

Hello superduper,

Beg to disagree.

>> Where is the question of paying tomorrow's price ?
    >> Just because prices are not "low enough", doesn't mean we are paying tomorrow's price.

You can get an apartment in Baner with most amenities for slightly higher price as in Hinjewadi.
    Let us exclude BR, i am considering prices of TCG crown greens, Eon homes and Megapolis. Forget these big townships, what would be the sqft prices of smaller schemes in Hinjewadi, say , Royal entrada or Linera or Royal Glory.

Update:
    superduper,
    Agree with your last. My viewpoint of judging value for money is different.
    CommentQuote
    Hello superduper,

Beg to disagree.

>> Where is the question of paying tomorrow's price ?
    >> Just because prices are not "low enough", doesn't mean we are paying tomorrow's price.

You can get an apartment in Baner with most amenities for slightly higher price as in Hinjewadi.
    Let us exclude BR, i am considering prices of TCG crown greens, Eon homes and Megapolis. Forget these big townships, what would be the sqft prices of smaller schemes in Hinjewadi, say , Royal entrada or Linera or Royal Glory.

Let me put it this way.......
    If social infrastructure is clearly lacking and still if prices are not much different, then why are all these people buying in Hinjewadi ( forget BR ) !
    They are not stupids.
    They must be seeing more bang for their buck in Hinjewadi..........OR when real push comes to show.....prices in Banner must be higher than we here in this forum feel ( I feel this to be the case ).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Superduper
    Let me put it this way.......
    If social infrastructure is clearly lacking and still if prices are not much different, then why are all these people buying in Hinjewadi ( forget BR ) !
    They are not stupids.
    They must be seeing more bang for their buck in Hinjewadi..........OR when real push comes to show.....prices in Banner must be higher than we here in this forum feel ( I feel this to be the case ).

right, they are not stupid.
    many are investors. many people buy to be closer to office and sell/rent when they shift. that is the advantage.
    aap baat to bilkul sahi bol rahe ho. I mostly agree with you, superduper. Now it is just a discussion.

Regarding below,
    >>> Put together, this area will be much more than sum of its parts ( i .e. individual townships ).

>>> Residential townships had to follow huge IT park........social-infra has to follow these huge residential town-ships......

The only problem i see to "sum of its parts" is the big ugly slum gaon whatever right in the middle of Hinjewadi. They never go. They never went even in Aundh. Luckily, gaon part in Aundh is somewhat subdued and less of scorpio chaps and goons, and slums are small and isolated.

I myself have seen Hinjewadi gaon people beating up commuters, deliberately cut maarenge, etc. Too many scorpio chaps. It seems quite difficult for social infra to develop in such conditions. Township is very good, baahar niklo to kachra hai.

Baner had the advantage that it developed on mostly empty land , no slums. Bad part is that it is rather haphazard.
    CommentQuote
  • Hmmmm...
    So you mean to say....when it comes to Hinjewadi, its more like "slum of its parts" and not "sum of its parts" !!:-)

I am not sure......what and who are these "scorpio chaps" ?
    They keep getting mentioned in this thread.
    I honestly don't know.
    Can you please tell me....
    CommentQuote