Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3928 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Superduper
    Hmmmm...
    So you mean to say....when it comes to Hinjewadi, its more like "slum of its parts" and not "sum of its parts" !!:-)

I am not sure......what and who are these "scorpio chaps" ?
    They keep getting mentioned in this thread.
    I honestly don't know.
    Can you please tell me....

no I dont mean all parts of Hinjewadi are slums :D
    But it is a concern. I am not sure what the future holds. If investing, then investor knows that it is a risk. If looking for end use, then risk is high, and these forums are filled with lot of incidents. If I wait for area to develop, prices rise again and go beyond reach. What to do :)

scorpio chaps: definition:
    Local gaon chaps who drive a Scorpio, generally white in colour and decorated with political party symbols on the rear and paan gutkha stains on the side, wear white clothes (generally a kurta pajama, occasionally a white cap), wear gold chains and bracelets (the bigger the better), kolhapuri chappals and rayban sunglasses (possibly duplicate).
    They are generally accompanied by cronies who might drive the scorpio as a taxi when the chap is not using it. Their driving style is rather rough, and they like to blow the horn for no apparent reason. Even at red lights. They stare at fellow commuters who follow traffic rules.
    When they speak they start the sentence with "aaayyyyy kay re.. tuzha XXXXXXX" and the rest of the sentence does not make much sense. Many of them are known to indulge in dadagiri, and create nuisance for residents around them.
    Generally, they buy the scorpio using money they got by selling land to builders. They are generally some local politician's associates.
    Their pics may occasionally be found on flexboards wishing some politician happy birthday.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234

scorpio chaps: definition:
    Local gaon chaps who drive a Scorpio, generally white in colour and decorated with political party symbols on the rear and paan gutkha stains on the side, wear white clothes (generally a kurta pajama, occasionally a white cap), wear gold chains and bracelets (the bigger the better), kolhapuri chappals and rayban sunglasses (possibly duplicate).
    They are generally accompanied by cronies who might drive the scorpio as a taxi when the chap is not using it. Their driving style is rather rough, and they like to blow the horn for no apparent reason. Even at red lights. They stare at fellow commuters who follow traffic rules.
    When they speak they start the sentence with "aaayyyyy kay re.. tuzha XXXXXXX" and the rest of the sentence does not make much sense. Many of them are known to indulge in dadagiri, and create nuisance for residents around them.
    Generally, they buy the scorpio using money they got by selling land to builders. They are generally some local politician's associates.
    Their pics may occasionally be found on flexboards wishing some politician happy birthday.

Excellent definition :D

And those who claim that they have not seen scorpio chaps in hinjewadi may be living in another world. They are all around. They have stake in all commercial activities, whether it is a small kirana shop or big showrooms. Their influence would be felt even inside BR. Try messing around with maids or car wash people and you can be sure to encounter some of them at your door step. Not to mention their rowdiness on the roads. Anyway, its a general phenomenon seen in these parts - wakad, hinjewadi, pimple saudagar etc. since these are areas still developing from villages.
    CommentQuote
  • Dude! why should one try messing with the maids or car wash guys in the first place!!
    :D
    You treat them with respect and they treat you with twice the respect.. and I still havent come across people who i find genuinely nice and reliable as the service staff at BR.. and yes they are mostly all locals.

Yes there are scorpio chaps in Hinjewadi. Atleast they are readily identifiable! U think Mumbai dosent have them ?
    Or Delhi or even main pune city. ? Just that the crowd is soo much.. they dont stand out, and only when u painfully interact with one.. do you realise their presence.

Also we see only what we want to see at times.. U see a guy stepping out of a scorpio and slapping a guy with a shirt and tie.. U (or even I) would automatically identify with the guy in the shirt and without even thinking about it.. feel that the scorpio guy is the villain.. and that cannot change .. as it has to do with our own perception.
    Dosent matter if the guy in the shirt was wrong.. or eve-teasing etc... our first impression will be.. shirt guy-good guy.. scorpio guy. villain

(Please dont think I am justifying the actions of the "Scorpio Chaps" Just that.. every guy with a scorpio is not a goon..)
    There are lot of farmers in hinjewadi who have come across money suddenly.. and yes.. not only scorpio, you will see them in a Big Fortuner as well ( TRademark white colour ) and they do wear white .. alont with their white cap.. and i dont see any reason for them to change to jeans and T shirts Just cuz lots of city folks find it.. unfashionable. But they are not all goons.. just cuz there are a couple.. ( EVERYWHERE ) we cannot start thinking that all of them are the same.

And I strongly disagree that the IT crowd has any better driving sense. !! you stand at hinjewadi chowk in the evenings.. and see which vehicles are blocking the opposite side of the road.. !! its all ur IT guys on their bikes and in their cars. The so called civilised Highly educated jerks.

and i have seen.. more IT guys impatient and honking.. in fact not even letting people cross the road on teh Dmart stretch than anyone else !

PS. Disclaimer .. I mean only some IT guys with a lack of civic sense.. Not all are bad :P
    CommentQuote
  • Sat234

Coffee / Wine --- > BR balcony. :)
    Try catching up with your friend soon :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lazybone007
    Excellent definition :D

And those who claim that they have not seen scorpio chaps in hinjewadi may be living in another world. They are all around. They have stake in all commercial activities, whether it is a small kirana shop or big showrooms. Their influence would be felt even inside BR. Try messing around with maids or car wash people and you can be sure to encounter some of them at your door step. Not to mention their rowdiness on the roads. Anyway, its a general phenomenon seen in these parts - wakad, hinjewadi, pimple saudagar etc. since these are areas still developing from villages.

Quite stupid to categorize people in this fashion. Majority of people in India dont follow rules. At least pune is very safe as compared to the rest India and it assimilates people from all regions very easily.

I remember that 30-35 yrs back people used to be worried about the waradi community who came to pune from Karnataka to work as laborers. They had their own language and slowly they mixed with others people and are today moving into other professions and making a decent living.

Pune is a great place if one wants to live in India and so one might not like BR - either they missed the bus and were sitting on their hands rather than investing or just dont want to move out from their comfort zones - central pune etc etc - but stop being stupid on this forum.

There are many reason why one should never invest in Indian RE but surely ones perception about another human being is not a genuine reason. Its just an excuse to hide ones incapability to make sound decisions.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Hinjewadi 4-5 saal mein develop hoga bol kar aap aaj 4-5 saal aage ka price denge kya?

yes that is how every asset class works. People are today giving a valuation of 50-60 billion $ for Facebook and -22 billion $ for Twitter just cause they think the future is all rosy for these companies. When the bubble will burst then people will not even pay 100 million.

So while the bubble in on get in line any pay or wait for it to burst and then get in. Similary aundh is also not worth crores today. It has exactly the same infra as Wakad or Baner but still command a higher price just cause people want to stay there. Same goes with KP and Model Colony. All these areas are old but people have some attachment with these areas and so are ready to pay.

The dilemma for end users is - to avoid speculation, buy a home in places where you can see things on the ground. But then, prices are out of budget in such places. Investors who want to risk proposed roads etc can invest in places like BR. For that risk, you pay lower prices. What to do? :)

Now you get it. Once the area is "developed" people wont be able to afford. So today a person who wants to buy a flat has to go to places that arent that developed. This is not something new. Kothrud, Aundh, Baner, Sus road, NIBM Road and all the other areas were once avoided by buyers due to lack of infra. Then the bubble started and the rest is history.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

Those asking about other options than BR, man, come to Aundh for 1.3 Cr you will get nice flat. Yes, it won't have golf course view but then you are in Aundh & not in remote place called Hinjewadi.

Pls share details realacres. You have developed a habit of just making statements and not backing then with data or proof. Where in Aundh are you getting new flats at 1.3 cr??

Hinjewadi is remote? People who listen to you to make their investment or buying decision have lost millions by not buying into Hinjewadi :)

As said before, BR is good only for those where all the family members need not move out of Hinjewadi.

Wrong again. Do you even stay in BR or know someonw who stays there or are just making up stuff?

Btw, what surprises me here is BR bulls are too aggressive, while buyers in Megapolis look more matured. Maybe this has to do with sales figs where Megapolis is getting better response than BR.

So BR is remote but Megapolis is OK? I would not recommend Megapolis to any buyer or investor just cause the developers of that project cannot be trusted and cause the scheme is too crowded.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by brres13
    Sat234

Coffee / Wine --- > BR balcony. :)
    Try catching up with your friend soon :)

I don't like it...where is the social infra in pic ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by brres13
    When people talk about living in wakad. or aundh etc.. I think the forget what these places also were some years ago ( not too distant past ).

Issue is remote areas like BR or LR are asking price that of Aundh. One can check resales at Westened River View or near Spicer college at Prism or Rohan Nilay. And as far as amenities are concerned, man, in Aundh most of the stuff, be it gym, shops, school etc. it is indeed stone's throw, so why should I bother if society has gym or not ? Infact, place where I stay has gym but I prefer commercial gyms. If you see, areas like Aundh are already self sufficient areas, you need not even take car or bike to get day to day stuff. Most importantly, there is LIFE outside the society, which is not the case with H'wadi, not to forget the important part :- GENTRY FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE.

Townships have their flaws, biggest one being slave to builder as you don't even own the property but areas like H'wadi suffer from city life. If you see threads of Amanora, I have criticised the practises adopted by builder but surely not the location. Amanora & Magarpatta are only 2 townships worth staying in terms of location, gentry from all walks of life & life outside township.

For investors, the issue with BR, MPOLIS or LR is they need to find end user who works in IT at H'wadi only as I don't think anyone not working at H'wadi will even think of buying flat here. The major issue is location, type of location & overall commercial utilisation of location (again IT).

Personally, I like mix of people, various places, different languages, different field etc. Makes area more lively.
    CommentQuote
    Issue is remote areas like BR or LR are asking price that of Aundh. One can check resales at Westened River View or near Spicer college at Prism or Rohan Nilay

When did Rohan Nilay become Aundh!! Its near a slum and the entry road towards it total carp. You see two can play this game :)

Every scheme has flaws and one can just go about hammering a scheme till the end of time but when given a choice between 4-5 schemes people need good advice from people on this forum to help them make a decision. That is not happening on this forum cause the bears are just hammering every scheme / project and painting every -ve news as the start of the end of the world. Every job cut is portrayed as something catastrophic and every fall in GDP is used to predict a RE crash.

Price in Westend is INR 11500+ per sqft. BR is half or 60% of that.
    http://www./Residential-Apartment-Flat-in-Aundh-Pune-3-Bedroom-bhk-for-Sale-spid-B11477617&pos=SEARCH?sid=UiB8IFFTIHwgUyB8IzEjICB8ICBmbGF0IHBhcmFuamFwZSByaXZlciB2aWV3IHwgcGFyYW5qYXBlIHdlc3RlbmQgcml2ZXIgdmlldyxmbGF0IzUjIHwgWSB8IzMjICB8IDMgIzE2I3wgIHwgMSB8IDE5ICMxI3wgIHwgTyxBLEIgfCMxIyAgfCA4MjcgfCAxICM0I3wgIHwgTyxBLEIgfCMyMyMgIHw=
    CommentQuote
  • ^^ Seemed you googled :D.
    Go on site visit, a 3BR up for sale for 1.45 Cr is still in market for past many months.
    In prism, so called investor or back door flats are being sold for atleast 20L cheaper now.
    CommentQuote
    ^^ Seemed you googled :D.
    Go on site visit, a 3BR up for sale for 1.45 Cr is still in market for past many months.
    In prism, so called investor or back door flats are being sold for atleast 20L cheaper now.

Dosent that say that its actually Aundh and its so called infra that is hyped? Why would someone spend 40-50-60 lakhs to buy a 3BHK in a 10 yr old apartment in Aundh as compared to a new apartment in BR which has all the amenities?
    CommentQuote
    Issue is remote areas like BR or LR are asking price that of Aundh. .

Anyone who finds BR "remote" is likely to be remote from reality himself.

As far as prices in developed areas being same as price at BR, is concerned....you are once again probably wrong.
    But in some years you will be right.....premium townships ( such as Blue Ridge ) will command premium over random stand-alone run-down structures of old areas.
    I agree with Hiralal.....listings sighted by you say more about what old Pune has got in store for its future.
    CommentQuote
    Issue is remote areas like BR or LR are asking price that of Aundh. One can check resales at Westened River View or near Spicer college at Prism or Rohan Nilay. And as far as amenities are concerned, man, in Aundh most of the stuff, be it gym, shops, school etc. it is indeed stone's throw, so why should I bother if society has gym or not ? Infact, place where I stay has gym but I prefer commercial gyms. If you see, areas like Aundh are already self sufficient areas, you need not even take car or bike to get day to day stuff. Most importantly, there is LIFE outside the society, which is not the case with H'wadi, not to forget the important part :- GENTRY FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE.

very funny argument

by that logic...why bother having kitchen in your home when you have restaurants in vicinity

So you recommend buying Rihan Nilay 8000 psf ...good choice...happy for you

also so happy that your like Amanora...in fact happy that you know "the art of liking something"
    CommentQuote
    Issue is remote areas like BR or LR are asking price that of Aundh. One can check resales at Westened River View or near Spicer college at Prism or Rohan Nilay. And as far as amenities are concerned, man, in Aundh most of the stuff, be it gym, shops, school etc. it is indeed stone's throw, so why should I bother if society has gym or not ?
    Infact, place where I stay has gym but I prefer commercial gyms. If you see, areas like Aundh are already self sufficient areas, you need not even take car or bike to get day to day stuff. Most importantly, there is LIFE outside the society, which is not the case with H'wadi, not to forget the important part :- GENTRY FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE.

Townships have their flaws, biggest one being slave to builder as you don't even own the property but areas like H'wadi suffer from city life. If you see threads of Amanora, I have criticised the practises adopted by builder but surely not the location. Amanora & Magarpatta are only 2 townships worth staying in terms of location, gentry from all walks of life & life outside township.

For investors, the issue with BR, MPOLIS or LR is they need to find end user who works in IT at H'wadi only as I don't think anyone not working at H'wadi will even think of buying flat here. The major issue is location, type of location & overall commercial utilisation of location (again IT).

Personally, I like mix of people, various places, different languages, different field etc. Makes area more lively.

There is a lot there about how I like this and I dont like that.. etc etc etc

But I am not planning on buying a flat for You, Its for me and my family as per my taste.. So stop moaning about it, It's one thing to put forward a concern. about a project for the welfare of others... and a totally different thing to keep cribbing about an issue in an attempt to make other people think and believe what you believe in.

Try and agree to disagree and move on.. I see u anyway post about 20 posts at a time all over the forum about each and every project, so cribbing about one less shouldnt really leave you with nothing to do
    CommentQuote