Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3896 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I agree with the last posts
    It would seem that Bulls are going crazy on this forums, and seem heavily invested in what they would like to happen, rather than the ground reality.I am all for balance opinions, with regards to the current state of RE but fixed ideas and biases benefit no one.
    I dont post much on this forum, yet i do check this forum almost every day, simply because i am heavily invested in the RE, and it amuses me as to how some Memebers just running riot with their perspectives, rather than the ground realities.
    Just because one is heavily invested on ones belief dose make it true for everyone else, nor do facts quoted out of context.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

For investors, the issue with BR, MPOLIS or LR is they need to find end user who works in IT at H'wadi only as I don't think anyone not working at H'wadi will even think of buying flat here. The major issue is location, type of location & overall commercial utilisation of location (again IT).

Till now i have resisted to respond to your irrational/irrelevant comments about BR but this one is just too much. Are you aware that people who work in as far as Mumbai are now living in BR with full family. Please search this thread, if not.

One's opinion matters about anything only when you have experience/stake in it. Since you seem to have none so please stop talking about BR or Hinjewadi. Your tips will be more valuable for people looking for property in Aundh or surrounding areas.
    CommentQuote
  • for people who are living in BR -

is mivan any better/worse than brick construction technology?

i read that you can't make any changes - what exactly it means? you can't break internal walls to join room?

how is overall build quality?

thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • The quick fix - Economic Times

Comparison Of Mivan Formwork System With Conventional System Construction Essay

Breaking of internal walls will definitely be a No - No , Spoke to one of the architects of BR.. some changes will be possible, so they plan on calling clients soon. for eg.. Am thinking of getting rid of the Kitchen wall.. and replacing it with something like half frosted Glass etc.. with a sliding door.. ( cuz with no door to the kitchen.. gets quite noisy in the living room.. when our yummy spices are in the grinder :) )

When we have the meeting with the architect.. for the changes.. they will specify which walls we can get rid of and which we cannot etc etc.. but these things can be done at the initial stages.. later on... even making changes like concealed wiring etc.. will be a huge HUGE pain..

From what i have read, as well as what i have seen.. Mivan does give a smoother interior finish.
    CommentQuote
  • GOING TO START THIS ONE WITH A LOT OF DISCLAIMERS :)

I agree areas like Aundh etc are not like those in the picture, this is just to EMPHASIZE what some people might be trying to get away from.. when they opt for quite locations like BR and townships
    Tomorrow roads of Aundh or ANY AREA might get so crowded that you cannot step outside without facing the constant honking ( I say this from personal experience where in Mumbai a quite bylane WHERE I LIVED became a part of a huge link road ).. Same goes for HINJEWADI IT MIGHT GET EVEN WORSE >> .. But atleast if you live within the township.. you wont have to face these things every time you step outside your house or society

The drawbacks of BR might still appeal to some people. So must leave it to individual decision.
    If being in the city and needing transport very quickly etc is very important to someone.. then i wouldnt recommend it to them..

"/>
    CommentQuote
  • @brres13,

>> our first impression will be.. shirt guy-good guy.. scorpio guy. villain

That is true in many cases. Your impressions are based on previous observations and probabilities of events. The guy in shirt may be the wrong party, but it is more likely that scorpio chap is the villain.

>> you stand at hinjewadi chowk in the evenings.. and see which vehicles are blocking the opposite side of the road..

That happens only in hinjewadi, not after you cross flyover and reach wakad. That is because the road is narrow. Poor infrastructure. Cannot blame anyone here. All kinds of people block the road on the opposite side.

>>Coffee / Wine --- > BR balcony. :)
    >> Try catching up with your friend soon :)

I did :) . had a few drinks and enjoyed the view. Unfortunately it was night and so the golf course was not visible in all its entirety.

You will visit Aundh for what it offers, and I will visit BR for what it offers :D

Will write more about what I observed later.

>> Where in Aundh are you getting new flats at 1.3 cr??

@herohiralal,
    you will not find new, but you will find resale in good societies and much better quality construction than what I see these days.. I visited some recent completed constructions in Baner today, and even that had seepage !!
    None of the resale units in Aundh that I visited had seepage. Unfortunately, Aundh is out of my budget so I am exploring elsewhere.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234

@herohiralal,
    you will not find new, but you will find resale in good societies and much better quality construction than what I see these days.. I visited some recent completed constructions in Baner today, and even that had seepage !!
    None of the resale units in Aundh that I visited had seepage. Unfortunately, Aundh is out of my budget so I am exploring elsewhere.

Yes you certainly will. In baner as well you will find awesome socities. Aundh has many places which are really good but as you have rightly said they are way too costly as compared to BR.

The question really is whether BR in particular and Hinjewadi in general is so crap that it justifies constant beating by bears? For a person who has decided to purchase a flat in Pune what value if this forum adding if people here are just beating every project and every area cause they personally want the bubble to burst?

People need to be told about pro and cons about any project but just pasting unrelated and at time highly inaccurate posts http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/1031001-post3756.html dosent help people who visit these forums.

BR might not be the best project in the world but its a very good project in a developing area. There are other areas and projects which are equally good and some are better.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal
    Yes you certainly will. In baner as well you will find awesome socities. Aundh has many places which are really good but as you have rightly said they are way too costly as compared to BR.

The question really is whether BR in particular and Hinjewadi in general is so crap that it justifies constant beating by bears? For a person who has decided to purchase a flat in Pune what value if this forum adding if people here are just beating every project and every area cause they personally want the bubble to burst?

People need to be told about pro and cons about any project but just pasting unrelated and at time highly inaccurate posts http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/1031001-post3756.html dosent help people who visit these forums.

BR might not be the best project in the world but its a very good project in a developing area. There are other areas and projects which are equally good and some are better.

These forums bring out the pros and cons of the project and locality, thanks to bulls and bears both. So it makes users aware of every aspect of a scheme. Atleast it has helped me. For example, from the top of my head, below are pros and cons.

BR pros
    - Good floor plans and location (that is, the location within Hinjewadi)
    - Freehold
    - Basics like Water supply, gas supply, common maintenance (elevators, etc) will be maintained with quality.

BR cons
    - Vicinity is developing, not yet developed (developed, as per Pune standards, not "developed countries" ;) . That is not really BR's fault, it is Hinjewadi and its gram panchayat)
    - Special Township Act (it can be a con.. i have heard that Magarpatta runs the township as if he owns it and the buyers are tenants. When I was working in Magarpatta, the whole of central garden and main junction road was blocked for a movie shoot for about a month, inconveniencing commuters as well as residents)
    - Too far if someone gets a job offer away from Hinjewadi.

>> BR might not be the best project in the world but its a very good project in a developing area.

True.

On a side note, they (govt. authorities. whoever) knew Hinjewadi has more phases coming up. They knew the amount of traffic that would be there on road to Phase 2 and 3. Still the road from Aundh to Hinjewadi flyover is wide, and the roads inside Hinjewadi till Phase 3, where all traffic converges, are narrow. How very idiotic ??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    @brres13,

>> our first impression will be.. shirt guy-good guy.. scorpio guy. villain

That is true in many cases. Your impressions are based on previous observations and probabilities of events. The guy in shirt may be the wrong party, but it is more likely that scorpio chap is the villain.

>> you stand at hinjewadi chowk in the evenings.. and see which vehicles are blocking the opposite side of the road..

That happens only in hinjewadi, not after you cross flyover and reach wakad. That is because the road is narrow. Poor infrastructure. Cannot blame anyone here. All kinds of people block the road on the opposite side.

>>Coffee / Wine --- > BR balcony. :)
    >> Try catching up with your friend soon :)

I did :) . had a few drinks and enjoyed the view. Unfortunately it was night and so the golf course was not visible in all its entirety.

You will visit Aundh for what it offers, and I will visit BR for what it offers :D

Will write more about what I observed later.

@herohiralal,

You have absolutely right line of thinking, and so you will definitely find something good. Just don't stretch financially, and you should be fine!
    CommentQuote
  • SAT 234 - Vicinity is developing, not yet developed (developed, as per Pune standards, not "developed countries" . That is not really BR's fault, it is Hinjewadi and its gram panchayat)

This is more of a query..
    Was speaking to someone recently who mentioned that, Since the IT companies generate moolah in taxes to the tune of a few hundred crores, lot of civic bodies want in..
    Apparently the PMRDA ( the news of which has been going on for a few years now ) will be in charge of all development of the area,

And after that happens.. apparently there will be a lot more improvement in the infra..
    roads will be broader , maybe even a few pumpkins will turn into carriages. :P
    any idea.. how far this is true.. ? ( about the PMRDA.. not the pumpkins of course )
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal

Will you please suggest some projects or townships which are better than / equal to BR, in areas in and around Pune, as I am in the process of decision making for investment purpose. I have closed down on BR at the moment, but if there are better options I would like to visit and compare, taking BR as a benchmark.
    Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by brres13
    SAT 234 - Vicinity is developing, not yet developed (developed, as per Pune standards, not "developed countries" . That is not really BR's fault, it is Hinjewadi and its gram panchayat)

This is more of a query..
    Was speaking to someone recently who mentioned that, Since the IT companies generate moolah in taxes to the tune of a few hundred crores, lot of civic bodies want in..
    Apparently the PMRDA ( the news of which has been going on for a few years now ) will be in charge of all development of the area,

And after that happens.. apparently there will be a lot more improvement in the infra..
    roads will be broader , maybe even a few pumpkins will turn into carriages. :P
    any idea.. how far this is true.. ? ( about the PMRDA.. not the pumpkins of course )

I have absolutely no idea about PMRDA.
    as of now, the Aundh-Ravet stretch and adjoining areas (like Wakad) are being developed by PCNTDA. I wonder if Hinjewadi will also be developed by PCNTDA.
    CommentQuote
  • >>> When did Rohan Nilay become Aundh!! Its near a slum and the entry road towards it total carp.

@herohiralal,

If its pin code is that of Aundh, then Nilay and Prism are probably in Aundh.
    Agreed. The location is near a slum. But there is an alternate, somewhat narrow approach road that bypasses the slum. It opens to the road, into heavy traffic, near the Rajiv Gandhi bridge in Aundh.

They call the area right up to even Bopodi as Aundh. The Aundh IT Park might not even be in Aundh :)
    On the other side, I have seen some ads that call areas up to Hotel Mahabaleshwar as being in Aundh. Maybe just a marketing tactic.
    CommentQuote
  • About my Blue Ridge observations
    - Balcony sahi hai. 20th+ floor. Had fun :)
    - Construction quality is decent. Did not notice any seepages or cracks.
    - Most of the flats were empty. In the completed towers, it seemed like less than 20% occupancy, and more than half of the occupants were tenants.
    - Buildings are indeed stuck together. So what they market as tower 1 or tower 20 are not standalone. They might be three towers joined together in a straight line. There "might" be privacy concerns.
    - Many amenities are up for use.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ravirajpune
    Will you please suggest some projects or townships which are better than / equal to BR, in areas in and around Pune, as I am in the process of decision making for investment purpose. I have closed down on BR at the moment, but if there are better options I would like to visit and compare, taking BR as a benchmark.
    Thanks.

If you are looking in Hinjewadi, do check out TCG crown greens, Eon homes and Megapolis. Megapolis comes under Township Act, if I am not mistaken (please correct if wrong).
    Do note that all these come under MIDC leasehold.
    CommentQuote