Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Collapse
X
Collapse

Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Last updated: 2 weeks ago
4012 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

    RE Bill

    Originally posted by pnq2012 View Post
    Good points.

    Wonder now with the new bill to disclose everything, will builders be forced to mention high voltage lines too? Ideally, I would prefer seeing the brochures or the 3D views with other immovable properties. It is funny that whenever you see the brochures of these townships, all you see is greenery around.

    I also read somewhere that it is better for builders to get their properties booked before the construction begins or is near complete because even builders are not sure about what could come next to their property. The myworld baner - biogas plant is a good example. The 'Rutuparna Baner' is another example.
    RE bill is not a cure all formula for the ills of RE sector.
    It rather may be in the initial stages(at least), an additional bureaucratic barrier.
    Buyer has to do due diligence in fullest measure.

    Comment


    • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

      Extra charges for third track of sliding windows and doors

      Dear folks,

      I have a flat in T9 of BR. I was very surprised to know that they are giving just 2 tracks for sliding and when I requested quote for addiotional 3rd one they have quoted 390 /sqft just for the 3rd addional track which going to be frame and net only which is extremely unreasonable all three tracks for good annodised good gauge material come for less than 300 max with installation.

      Please let me know if you have been given 2 or 3 tracks and how much you paid for 3rd one in case...

      Best Regards

      Comment


      • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

        Originally posted by punepune View Post
        Dear folks,

        I have a flat in T9 of BR. I was very surprised to know that they are giving just 2 tracks for sliding and when I requested quote for addiotional 3rd one they have quoted 390 /sqft just for the 3rd addional track which going to be frame and net only which is extremely unreasonable all three tracks for good annodised good gauge material come for less than 300 max with installation.

        Please let me know if you have been given 2 or 3 tracks and how much you paid for 3rd one in case...

        Best Regards

        From useability point of view:
        3 tracks are needed if you plan to open the window or door from both sides (left and right). otherwise, 2 tracks are good enough for operating from one side, mostly right-to left.

        Comment


        • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

          Has anybody, who has taken possession in Blue Ridge township especially in Towers T12 to T14, noticed that their apartments are having flooring with a prominent 2 to 3 mm gap between the vitrified tiles? This looks quite 'cheap', also these gaps will eventually turn black after a long use.

          On my rechecking, the sample apartments have the flooring without any gaps between the tiles which looks bit elegant.

          On enquiring, the site people mentioned this has been done according to specifications and the main advantage of having gaps is easy replacement of damaged tiles in future without damaging adjacent tiles.

          Any owner in Blue Ridge who has come across this from other towers too?
          Any preference should be given to a particular flooring type (I mean with or without gaps)?

          Comment


          • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

            Originally posted by SunAndSand View Post
            Has anybody, who has taken possession in Blue Ridge township especially in Towers T12 to T14, noticed that their apartments are having flooring with a prominent 2 to 3 mm gap between the vitrified tiles? This looks quite 'cheap', also these gaps will eventually turn black after a long use.

            On my rechecking, the sample apartments have the flooring without any gaps between the tiles which looks bit elegant.

            On enquiring, the site people mentioned this has been done according to specifications and the main advantage of having gaps is easy replacement of damaged tiles in future without damaging adjacent tiles.

            Any owner in Blue Ridge who has come across this from other towers too?
            Any preference should be given to a particular flooring type (I mean with or without gaps)?
            As long as they put good quality cream/white grout in that 2-3mm gap, it should not turn black or loosen with the tiles over the years. The sample flat tiles looked ok with little gap.

            Comment


            • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

              Originally posted by SunAndSand View Post
              Has anybody, who has taken possession in Blue Ridge township especially in Towers T12 to T14, noticed that their apartments are having flooring with a prominent 2 to 3 mm gap between the vitrified tiles? This looks quite 'cheap', also these gaps will eventually turn black after a long use.

              On my rechecking, the sample apartments have the flooring without any gaps between the tiles which looks bit elegant.

              On enquiring, the site people mentioned this has been done according to specifications and the main advantage of having gaps is easy replacement of damaged tiles in future without damaging adjacent tiles.

              Any owner in Blue Ridge who has come across this from other towers too?
              Any preference should be given to a particular flooring type (I mean with or without gaps)?
              It is interesting that you brought this up as I had noticed it too. I had done some research on this (googled it) and found that there is no proper standard. In my previous home, I only had tiles in the bathrooms and they had large gaps too. Based on my experience, expect gaps to develop between tiles, so keep some grout ready. I would have preferred a smaller gap too but now I have got used to it. Here is an article for reading:

              How Large Should Grout Lines Be?

              If you can change it, then go for smaller gaps.

              Comment


              • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

                Originally posted by SunAndSand View Post
                Has anybody, who has taken possession in Blue Ridge township especially in Towers T12 to T14, noticed that their apartments are having flooring with a prominent 2 to 3 mm gap between the vitrified tiles? This looks quite 'cheap', also these gaps will eventually turn black after a long use.

                On my rechecking, the sample apartments have the flooring without any gaps between the tiles which looks bit elegant.

                On enquiring, the site people mentioned this has been done according to specifications and the main advantage of having gaps is easy replacement of damaged tiles in future without damaging adjacent tiles.

                Any owner in Blue Ridge who has come across this from other towers too?
                Any preference should be given to a particular flooring type (I mean with or without gaps)?

                Having gaps between vitrified tiles is a defect in build quality and not of any advantage if projected by BR. Nowadays all builders in Pune are giving double vitrified tiles of around 2fts. The main purpose is to reduce number of gap line and minimize the gap. Most of these are guranteed to last minimum 20yrs and better than old floorings of smaller sizes. Some gap line
                are so thin that you wouldn't notice the joints too.
                Grouting is a troublesome and costly process being used in most of old building to plug leaks from toilet floorings. But the grouting companies are themselves giving gurantee of not more than 12months in Pune. Post this if the leak repeats you have to call them again. Need for grouting should be reduced to minimum at the time of construction itself. Also in toilets everyone has started using anti-skid bigger tiles to reduce grouting need. Also, all these gaps do darken in couple of years and look dirty. Wiping is also an issue. Please get one plumber, kadiya to your flat and get their views if you are in doubt.

                Comment


                • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

                  Originally posted by humble_guy View Post
                  From useability point of view:
                  3 tracks are needed if you plan to open the window or door from both sides (left and right). otherwise, 2 tracks are good enough for operating from one side, mostly right-to left.
                  Hi,


                  Thanks for reply any idea how much is costing for third track ?


                  Regards

                  Comment


                  • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

                    Originally posted by punepune View Post
                    Hi,


                    Thanks for reply any idea how much is costing for third track ?


                    Regards
                    Generally the aluminium channel itself has grooves/tracks. my understanding is that you can not fit a new standalone 3rd track to existing 2 tracks, if all three glass panes are supposed to close/open together as a unit. Though i have seen some people using a 4th section for wire mesh pane.

                    in any case, the cost difference should not be much, may be a few hundred more than what it is costing BR currently. Depends on the aluminium quality.

                    Comment


                    • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

                      Originally posted by humble_guy View Post
                      Generally the aluminium channel itself has grooves/tracks. my understanding is that you can not fit a new standalone 3rd track to existing 2 tracks, if all three glass panes are supposed to close/open together as a unit. Though i have seen some people using a 4th section for wire mesh pane.

                      in any case, the cost difference should not be much, may be a few hundred more than what it is costing BR currently. Depends on the aluminium quality.
                      I am not going to add 3rd track separately - I asked then to make it 3 track so for additional 3rd track they have quoted 390 per sq ft. I agree even 100 extra would very reasonable considering the quality they might be using. Intrestingly I asked them not to put any sliding and they are going to deduct 250 for the 2 tracks they were going to put which is also fine with me. I will add another 100 max and get 3 tracks fitted. Market price for general anodised 3 tracks is approx 280 so higher thickness it could be 350 I guess.

                      I was wondering if I am the only one concerned about the 3rd track? its useful and safe - consider kids playing nitendo v and remote slipping out

                      Comment

                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X