Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3911 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • so one thought to all BR/Aundh fighters.. so does all BR people support the decision that if their relatives wanted to buy in a township in mamurdi and far flung areas at 4500 psf (supposing it creates all the same facilities like BR) just because BR has now touched 6100 and up (with floor rise/amenities facing etc etc) and is out of reach for common man just like aundh was when BR was launched ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lifesaver
    so one thought to all BR/Aundh fighters.. so does all BR people support the decision that if their relatives wanted to buy in a township in mamurdi and far flung areas at 4500 psf (supposing it creates all the same facilities like BR) just because BR has now touched 6100 and up (with floor rise/amenities facing etc etc) and is out of reach for common man just like aundh was when BR was launched ?

It's a personal decision. 2 different people will never have the same thought process/situation by virtue of the fact that they are independent thinking and separate entities. Apologies for the philosophical rant.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by brres13
    Dude! why should one try messing with the maids or car wash guys in the first place!!
    :D
    You treat them with respect and they treat you with twice the respect.. and I still havent come across people who i find genuinely nice and reliable as the service staff at BR.. and yes they are mostly all locals.

Yes there are scorpio chaps in Hinjewadi. Atleast they are readily identifiable! U think Mumbai dosent have them ?
    Or Delhi or even main pune city. ? Just that the crowd is soo much.. they dont stand out, and only when u painfully interact with one.. do you realise their presence.

Also we see only what we want to see at times.. U see a guy stepping out of a scorpio and slapping a guy with a shirt and tie.. U (or even I) would automatically identify with the guy in the shirt and without even thinking about it.. feel that the scorpio guy is the villain.. and that cannot change .. as it has to do with our own perception.
    Dosent matter if the guy in the shirt was wrong.. or eve-teasing etc... our first impression will be.. shirt guy-good guy.. scorpio guy. villain

(Please dont think I am justifying the actions of the "Scorpio Chaps" Just that.. every guy with a scorpio is not a goon..)
    There are lot of farmers in hinjewadi who have come across money suddenly.. and yes.. not only scorpio, you will see them in a Big Fortuner as well ( TRademark white colour ) and they do wear white .. alont with their white cap.. and i dont see any reason for them to change to jeans and T shirts Just cuz lots of city folks find it.. unfashionable. But they are not all goons.. just cuz there are a couple.. ( EVERYWHERE ) we cannot start thinking that all of them are the same.

And I strongly disagree that the IT crowd has any better driving sense. !! you stand at hinjewadi chowk in the evenings.. and see which vehicles are blocking the opposite side of the road.. !! its all ur IT guys on their bikes and in their cars. The so called civilised Highly educated jerks.

and i have seen.. more IT guys impatient and honking.. in fact not even letting people cross the road on teh Dmart stretch than anyone else !

PS. Disclaimer .. I mean only some IT guys with a lack of civic sense.. Not all are bad :P

To each his own. When maids, car wash people, housekeeping etc. start demanding unreasonable rate hikes in the name of union and threaten to stop work if their demands are not met, you can show them respect in the hope of putting off the demands. If the society removes a certain milk/newspaper vendor from operating in the society and the local respectful guys come in their scorpios, you can mutually show them some more respect

Everyone breaks rules in hinjewadi - point taken
    But have you ever seen the traffic police reprimand any local guy? Any action seen against the polluting tum tums no matter which side of the road they drive on?

Anyway, as i said in the begining, to each his own
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by garibaadmi
    for people who are living in BR -

is mivan any better/worse than brick construction technology?

i read that you can't make any changes - what exactly it means? you can't break internal walls to join room?

how is overall build quality?

thanks.

Originally Posted by brres13
    The quick fix - Economic Times

Comparison Of Mivan Formwork System With Conventional System Construction Essay

Breaking of internal walls will definitely be a No - No , Spoke to one of the architects of BR.. some changes will be possible, so they plan on calling clients soon. for eg.. Am thinking of getting rid of the Kitchen wall.. and replacing it with something like half frosted Glass etc.. with a sliding door.. ( cuz with no door to the kitchen.. gets quite noisy in the living room.. when our yummy spices are in the grinder :) )

When we have the meeting with the architect.. for the changes.. they will specify which walls we can get rid of and which we cannot etc etc.. but these things can be done at the initial stages.. later on... even making changes like concealed wiring etc.. will be a huge HUGE pain..

From what i have read, as well as what i have seen.. Mivan does give a smoother interior finish.

From what I can tell, Mivan technology is more popular in South East Asian countries & have been in use for construction of high rise buildings in cities like Shanghai, Hong Kong etc. I believe the entire BR design is in joint venture with an architecture firm from Shanghai, called ECADI. If you google their name, you will know more.

Using Mivan technology, construction companies can build stories faster than typical brickwork construction. You can probably sense that when you see the footprint of each cluster of BR buildings.

BR has strict instructions on modifying or breaking walls after the construction is done. The only wall you can modify/break is the one that is common between the master bedroom and the adjoining room. But it requires permission. In any case, it is better to request changes before your flat is constructed.

A big downside of Mivan walls is that they are all concrete walls. Making any little changes like holes for drilling or breaking little sections for wiring panels is tough. Requires you to have the top quality tools. If you are planning to drill holes yourself, make sure to buy a good quality drill. I bought a Bosch.

Another big drawback is that concrete walls are good reflectors of sound. They reflect sound up to 90% or more (no stats but my observation). So don't expect good performance from your home theater system as there will be an echo. That is also one of the reasons we did not go with an open kitchen. Although it was not because of Mivan but because of brick walls in Indian homes. I read a nice article where it was stated that why open kitchens are not suitable in India. We lived in a rental before moving to BR and the kitchen opened into the living room. It was terrible. So before you make an open kitchen, you may want to reconsider based on your layout.
    CommentQuote
  • Uses and Benefits of Mivan Technology - Buildotech Magazine

Does not look like it is seepage proof!

Technology innovations in real estate: Narendra Kharkhanis, Pashmina Builders - Economic Times

This one says that it is more seepage proof !!

These builders!! Do they ever tell the truth ??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lazybone007
    To each his own. When maids, car wash people, housekeeping etc. start demanding unreasonable rate hikes in the name of union and threaten to stop work if their demands are not met, you can show them respect in the hope of putting off the demands. If the society removes a certain milk/newspaper vendor from operating in the society and the local respectful guys come in their scorpios, you can mutually show them some more respect

Everyone breaks rules in hinjewadi - point taken
    But have you ever seen the traffic police reprimand any local guy? Any action seen against the polluting tum tums no matter which side of the road they drive on?

Anyway, as i said in the begining, to each his own

1) regarding unreasonable rate hikes, I really cant understand how can we call it unreasonable, Even tomorrow if I was unhappy about my pay package i would not just threaten, but leave.
    And if the rate hike is unsuitable for us. Its time to get used to doing the household work ourselves.
    In countries abroad u can forget about getting a maid.. and if you do, the maid will probably drive a better car than some of us :)
    Its just that in India we are used to having people who live in a certain social segment and feel, how can they demand more.
    If you ask for a 10% increment every year in an office you are not being unreasonable.. if your maid asks for the same its extortion ?
    Any human being can ask for any amount for his/her work and time, Now its our choice if we can afford it or not..

2) For the society issue with the milkman, I have no idea how that can happen.. there must be more to it.. but anyways..
    You probably know more about that issue.
    The milkman cant possibly force people to buy milk from him :P and what did the Scorpio guys say.. KAL SE SAB KO DOODH PEENA HI PADEGA !! :)
    neways just kidding, as i said.. must be more to the issue than just changing the milkman

3) I have not seen the Hinjewadi traffic cops pull up any locals.. But then I think those hinjewadi junction cops are so busy directing traffic, that .. to be honest i have not seen them stop ANYONE :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012

Another big drawback is that concrete walls are good reflectors of sound. They reflect sound up to 90% or more (no stats but my observation). So don't expect good performance from your home theater system as there will be an echo. That is also one of the reasons we did not go with an open kitchen. Although it was not because of Mivan but because of brick walls in Indian homes. I read a nice article where it was stated that why open kitchens are not suitable in India. We lived in a rental before moving to BR and the kitchen opened into the living room. It was terrible. So before you make an open kitchen, you may want to reconsider based on your layout.

I agree.. for Indian cooking an open kitchen is really not suitable.
    I wasnt talking about an open kitchen, I meant instead of the concrete wall .. to have a glass wall there.. with a sliding glass door.. ( the glass wall would be full length and semi frosted .. what they call designer glass or whatever ) I have seen that in some apartments in lokhandwala constructions in Mumbai.. so you cant really see inside the kitchen.. but there is more light .. and the noise also would be cut out..

Mainly thinking about it.. cuz the 3 bhk's (tower 1 -4 )etc have the kitchen wall but no door there.. and it gets quite noisy.. and T-20 is the same layout.
    ( of course will have to see if it's possible to get rid of that concrete wall in the first place.. or else will have to look at other options )
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by brres13
    I agree.. for Indian cooking an open kitchen is really not suitable.
    I wasnt talking about an open kitchen, I meant instead of the concrete wall .. to have a glass wall there.. with a sliding glass door.. ( the glass wall would be full length and semi frosted .. what they call designer glass or whatever ) I have seen that in some apartments in lokhandwala constructions in Mumbai.. so you cant really see inside the kitchen.. but there is more light .. and the noise also would be cut out..

Mainly thinking about it.. cuz the 3 bhk's (tower 1 -4 )etc have the kitchen wall but no door there.. and it gets quite noisy.. and T-20 is the same layout.
    ( of course will have to see if it's possible to get rid of that concrete wall in the first place.. or else will have to look at other options )

I am sorry.....I didn't get it....why you want a glass wall between kitchen and Living.... instead of the concrete wall ?
    For more light ???
    CommentQuote
  • 3) I have not seen the Hinjewadi traffic cops pull up any locals.. But then I think those hinjewadi junction cops are so busy directing traffic, that .. to be honest i have not seen them stop ANYONE :)

very true really pity those guys
    CommentQuote
  • The strange part here is all BR bulls have gone into hyper active mode to protect their investments. Some said Mumbai guys are staying in BR. OK, what is the percentage of these people ? What is the percentage of expats ? Or what is current occupancy ? 20% ? That too mostly tenants ? This means BR is more INVESTOR DRIVEN than END USER.

And despite all this, some posted pics of some old Pune city. :D How far one can go to put BR in positive light !! Desperation of BR bulls at best. The builder can't sell despite giving discounts & rest are stuck due to non-commitment on product delivery & venting frustration at us. And for remote, just see how one can reach there from any other area in & around Pune. Ofcourse, any bull can say that even Satara is PROPOSED NEW PUNE, but that doesn't change the facts. Ground reality is BR or Hinjewadi per se is remote location, just tad better than jungle.

And man, I just said sales at Megapolis were better than BR, & BR bulls get angry & say how bad MPolis (bad builder, as if Mr. P is saint; too crowded, as if BR buildings are far from each other etc.) is but on other hand they will show how good Hinjewadi is. Hypocrisy at best. :D

What's strange is no BR bull is answering vital questions below :-

> BR poss date 31 Dec 2017 with 2 yr buffer, which means builder is free to complete towers by end 2019 !! Now why this 2019 with 2 yr buffer period when already 2017 means delay of 2 yrs at first place ? This means total delay time is 4 yrs !!

> Pub, discos etc. below the residential towers. Is builder ready to give in agreement that these things won't be there ?

> What about the maintenance if some buyers/investors default ? Whom will it be recovered from & how ?

* PS:- TCS has opened 10,000 seat campus in Gujarat & new 26,000 seat is coming up on 79 acre facility at Hyderabad. More IT cos are not going to expand in Pune. So those investors betting on IT in Pune, beware.

And yes, PMRDA has got tangled with political conflicts & some legal issues, so no point about PMRDA doing this or that as PMRDA is still on paper. The PROPOSED RING ROAD based on which most projects in Hinjewadi were being sold is now gone. One should ask Mr. P about this too.

Anyways, before fighting further without real facts, please answer to queries raised in bold above.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

> BR poss date 31 Dec 2017 with 2 yr buffer, which means builder is free to complete towers by end 2019 !! Now why this 2019 with 2 yr buffer period when already 2017 means delay of 2 yrs at first place ? This means total delay time is 4 yrs !!

> Pub, discos etc. below the residential towers. Is builder ready to give in agreement that these things won't be there ?

> What about the maintenance if some buyers/investors default ? Whom will it be recovered from & how ?

Dear Sir,

Answers below

builder has committed 2017...there is nothing like 2 year buffer...

Yes...I got it in writing...its clearly written in agreement too

We will sell those flats by defaulting members and share the bounty....in fact we will share sth with you as well for making us so informed

Dear Sir,

Answers below

We will sell those flats by defaulting members and share the bounty....in fact we will share sth with you as well for making us so informed

Dear Sir,

Answers below

Dear Sir,

Answers below

CommentQuote
  • By engaging with the "non-starter"........Baruch you are going down the slippery slope......!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Tangent
    3) I have not seen the Hinjewadi traffic cops pull up any locals.. But then I think those hinjewadi junction cops are so busy directing traffic, that .. to be honest i have not seen them stop ANYONE :)

very true really pity those guys

When educated IT professionals break traffic rules, what do you expect the ordinary traffic cops to do? I have seen so many bikers (mostly IT folks) use the wrong side of the road that the cops are helpless in stopping them. The problem does not lie in enforcing rules but it lies in the "sab chalta hain" attitude.
    CommentQuote
  • Not sure if this was shared earlier, but I'm hearing that the golf course and tower 12,13 & 14 club house will be inaugurated in mid-December. Waiting for the invitation !
    CommentQuote
  • cool...thats some news
    CommentQuote