Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3921 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I want to know about the blue ridge school? How is the quality of the school? How difficult or easy to get admission in the school? Is it also available for non resident of Blue ridge?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sakstaps2012
    I want to know about the blue ridge school? How is the quality of the school? How difficult or easy to get admission in the school? Is it also available for non resident of Blue ridge?

its ok...nothing great but nothing bad either...hope it will improve as years pass by as there is no substitute to experience

they have a preference for BR guys...but I think admission for non-BR is also not that tough ( specially when compared to other big schools in Pune)

process is on currently so be quick to check out
    CommentQuote
    I want to know about the blue ridge school? How is the quality of the school? How difficult or easy to get admission in the school? Is it also available for non resident of Blue ridge?

The school is fairly new school. I won't rate it as the best school but it has turned out to be one of the good schools in the area (Wakad, Baner, Balewadi, Hinjewadi). I think the closest competitor happens to be Vidya Valley school which is in Sus, followed by Vibgyor and maybe Pawar International School in Megapolis.

The school has improved quite a bit since I took admission for my kid. We actually took admission because we got preference & it was hard to get admission elsewhere. At that time, we had not decided to live in BR.

Pros:
    - Great infrastructure and always improving. Good size classrooms and low student-teacher ratio.
    - Very good staff including the maushis and kakas (helpers).
    - Fairly reasonable fee structure compared to other private schools.
    - Good transportation. School buses are well maintained and are in good condition. The service has improved quite a bit.
    - No shortage of funds. Mr. P has special interest in the school.
    - After school daycare facility (Pumpkin Patch) in the school.
    - Good annual functions. Promotes 100% participation & is fully sponsored by Mr. P, who is present most of the time. Hence it is carried out in good venues.

Cons:
    - Few experienced teachers. At times I feel that some of them are learning on the job.
    - Needs to improve communication between teachers and parents.
    - Too many holidays and short school timings, especially for pre-primary. (3 hours only)
    - Not many after school activities though I have heard that they will be starting them next year.

Admission is fairly easy for BR residents but for outsiders, it can be tough, especially if you are enrolling your kid to Jr. KG. Last year, parents had to line up one day before as there are limited seats. So as the popularity grows, you may be looking at longer lines and more waiting to collect the admission forms.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal
    Yes the schemes you have mentioned above are part of MIDC. BR and Life Republic are not. Would recommend investors/buyers study what it means to buy a property within MIDC.

Attached are the maps of the three phases of Hinjewadi IT park. Should be useful for genuine investor/buyers. These are also available freely on the MIDC website.

Thanks for that information. Since they're not part of MIDC, does that mean that BR and LR are not subject to the 99 yr lease hold?
    CommentQuote

With respect to BR school, its more of a comparison with other existing schools cuz by itself.. BR school is what it is.. I mean, any school is.

I think Vidya valley school is very very very good ..
    But if you live in BR that is not an option.. cuz their Bus service dosent come to BR and they do not allow parents / private vehicles to drop kids.
    So out of the question..

PNQ2012 has summarised the Pros and cons of BR school . .we did have the same feeling..
    Few other concerns as well.. but not worth mentioning on this forum.. better for each person to get an individual take on that.. after meeting the staff etc

5 other schools We found interesting.. (NOT necessarily in that order)

1)BR school
    2)Euro school (wakad)
    3)Pawar school (Megapolis)
    4)Indira school (off the highway.. Indira institutes)
    6) VIBGYOR

If you are living in BR.. Of course BR school has the major advantage of location..

BR vs Pawar school .. Pawar school is CBSE and BR is ICSE.. apart from that.. both are new and both seem to have the same mindset of how to run things..
    same inexperience.. etc etc Well either is good i guess...

BR vs EURO school .. Euro school has the advantage that it is run like an organisation.. They have an entire set-up.. and go about it the same way.. irrespective of where the school is located.. Teachers etc are selected and have inhouse training blah blah..etc so you see similar.. standards .. This is their first year..
    Can look them up on their website.. and see reviews also
    They dont have school bus arrangement to Hinjewadi this year as very few kids from this side.. So you will have to arrange your own transport. Already some kids from Hinjewadi go there.

BR vs Indira school..
    Well.. I went there.. to see how things are..
    and well... IT's OK.. but if you live close to BR.. i couldnt think of a reson.. why you would want to even consider it.. Not a bad school.. again .. do meet up the staff and get your own opinion.

BR vs VIBGYOR ..
    Well pretty similar to Euro school in most aspects.. Professionally run .. etc.. etc..
    VIBGYOR has transport arrangement till BR

OF course these are just observations based on my view.. WHEN u meet the principal and staff / teachers of each of these schools, you will def get strong positive or negative vibes from each of these schools.. so can take a decision based on what you think/feel.

and as the guys have mentioned earlier, HURRY UP ! u will be surprised.. how fast the ADMISSIONS CLOSED sign comes up these days :)

OH BTW there is also the Mercedes Benz school.. :P I didnt bother stepping in there... super expensive..
    CommentQuote
  • Thank very much Baruch, PNQ2012, brres13 for your detailed answer. It will help me in big time. I am not the resident of BR & will live close to Bhumkar chowk. I have also done some homework regarding school in wakad, hinjewadi and close by area. As it’s my first necessity to get admission for kids as then only I can think of moving to Pune. Following are some nearby schools apart from you have mentioned.

Banayan Tree International School, Balewadi – ICSE
    Akshara International School, Tathawade – CBSE
    Ashwini International School, Tathawade – ICSE
    Alard Public School, Hinjewadi – CBSE
    Blossam Public School, Tathawade – CBSE

BR public school and Banayan Tree International school are my preferences.
    CommentQuote
    Thank very much Baruch, PNQ2012, brres13 for your detailed answer. It will help me in big time. I am not the resident of BR & will live close to Bhumkar chowk. I have also done some homework regarding school in wakad, hinjewadi and close by area. As it’s my first necessity to get admission for kids as then only I can think of moving to Pune. Following are some nearby schools apart from you have mentioned.

Also please note, running a school is not new to Mr P. They have couple of schools in Pune and Mumbai and most of them are very reputed. With the excellent infrastructure that BR school has to offer I am sure it will be among the top schools in west pune in due course.
    CommentQuote
  • More Pune school information can be found on Madhurie Singh's website. Don't want to paste the link (google her name) here but she has been reviewing Pune schools for quite some time.
    CommentQuote
    Thank very much Baruch, PNQ2012, brres13 for your detailed answer. It will help me in big time. I am not the resident of BR & will live close to Bhumkar chowk. I have also done some homework regarding school in wakad, hinjewadi and close by area. As it’s my first necessity to get admission for kids as then only I can think of moving to Pune. Following are some nearby schools apart from you have mentioned.

Akshara is very good
    CommentQuote
  • Discussion has gone from blue ridge to bulls and bears to scorpio chaps to schools. Can we get back to the topic pls
    CommentQuote
  • presence of a good school plays an important role in RE decisions in big cities...if you cant see connect...avoid reading...
    CommentQuote
  • How good is the BR school? Any better schools in the vicinity?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SanyaSingh
    How good is the BR school? Any better schools in the vicinity?

There is some info posted on page 220 of this thread..

Parentree is a much better site for getting info .. reviews etc.
    Pune Schools

Click on any school and u will find loads of reviews, comments from parents whose kids are already going there etc..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal
    So what if its investor driven? How does it make it a bad place to stay? You yourself dont know a thing about BR or Hinjwadi and keep on bashing a good project. Do you even know anyone who stays in BR?

It depends on what you want. If one wants to spend entire life inside Hinjewadi, BR may look good, else there is nothing once you step outside.

People who follow ur advice have suffered massively. You dont reply or correct any of ur incorrect posts and still expect people to keep on replying to ur biased posts.

There are buyers who suffered due to major changes to project & delays & details already shared. Just because you look at profit on paper doesn't mean rest are happy. Don't speak on everyone's behalf.

Continue to harp that Hinjewadi is remote and lets see what happens after 4-5 yrs.

As end user, better look at current state than PROPOSED STUFF. Please explain what has changed on ground in past 4 years.

If a person has to invest/buy in hinjewadi then BR or life republic are better options as compared to megapolis.

Seems Megapolis is giving sleepless nights to BR investors. Always portray it in bad light despite its delivery date not being delayed like BR. Strange.

This has already been discussed. People who cant wait for 4 yrs should not invest/buy in BR. Period.

+1. You talk as investor, I am saying from end user perspective.

Ur ignorance is mind boggling. BR is forming co-op societies. Nothing can happen without the societies approval. Why would someone put up a pub or disco below a tower?

It is not me who is saying this, it was being said by BR itself. The details came from BR buyers only & not from air. Don't put words in my mouth.
    If BR is forming society, are they also going to do conveyance deed ? And if golf course is part of BR at time of sanctioning, will it be handed over to society or will be owned by builder only ? And man, you mentioned societies...does this mean every tower or few towers combined will be one society ? What about maintenance in this case ? So all in all, builder will form society & exit BR ? It will be good if you can throw some light on this.

Obviously IT companies are going to open campuses outside Pune. But that does not mean Hinjewadi is going to suffer. Go and have a look at Hinjewadi and check out what is really happening there.

Was there last week, picked up my friend & went to Mezz9. Nothing great on ground, atleast from residential point.

IT has made Baner, Aundh, Wakad, PS and all the places between city and Hinjewadi.

Baner, Aundh, PS etc. has social infra which Hinjewadi severely lacks, nor are the buyers here dependent on IT alone moreso on Hinjewadi IT park. Huge difference when you compare areas under PMC, PCMC & those in gram-panchayat. Builder may provide basic infra inside township, but there will be nothing outside.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch

Answers below

> BR poss date 31 Dec 2017 with 2 yr buffer, which means builder is free to complete towers by end 2019 !! Now why this 2019 with 2 yr buffer period when already 2017 means delay of 2 yrs at first place ? This means total delay time is 4 yrs !!

builder has committed 2017...there is nothing like 2 year buffer...

So what was mentioned in draft copy has been modified now ?

Originally Posted by brres13
    Looks like when u are not posting some of your personal opinions on this forum,, you must be sitting in Mr P's office discussing the latest sales figures with him... I live in BR and am not aware of the "sales figures -- Acres version"
    U sure ur last name is also not Paranjape ? An estranged family member perhaps ?? :D

Rather than making personal attacks, it will great if you can then share the sales fig with us & why BR is offering discounts + delays in completion.
    CommentQuote