Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3885 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by lazybone007
    Take care once you step out out of the society

Spate of night robberies strikes Hinjewadi; techies are targets

Thanks for the Info..
    Now this kind of Info is appreciated, Dosent matter who posts it.. No one will call you a BR basher for that .. :)

I did feel Hinjewadi was a lot safer these days, Especially with the Chowki close by, and that Super cool van which patrols the area.. Guess that wasnt really true..
    And although the attacks were more near Bhumkar chowk.. even Wakad ! Would pay to be careful.. No telling where these guys might go next..
    So ya tx..
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the replies. Just to clarify - my previous post was in relation to the references of only IT driving up purchases in BR and Hinjewadi. Personally, I dont think employees of the IT companies would be able to pay Rs 1.2 Cr for flats. But yes, if you have Rs 1 cr and buy and rent it out, better make some money than nothing...however, I would prefer a township having seen its advantages in Magarpatta (though as a tenant). I work in an IT company in BR SEZ, and I see the progress of BR - my personal opinion is it will be a pretty impressive place after 5 to 6 years since the SEZ is already sold for 460 crs and paranjape should have the money to complete the promised township.

And brres13, from my balcony in Manjri I get a view similar to that of BR balcony - it is all green and clean and pretty quiet :P.. What I certainly envy is the amount of money you had to to buy in township.
    CommentQuote
  • I won't quote the long post but the reality check response by brres13 should go on top of the IREF Hall of Fame posts. One of the best posts I have read recently. Thanks brres13 for the post !

Sometimes I wonder how things work in India ! At times, I think India is flourishing & at times I think India is surviving.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guestfrom80s
    Thanks for that information. Since they're not part of MIDC, does that mean that BR and LR are not subject to the 99 yr lease hold?

bump
    :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guestfrom80s
    bump
    :)

BR is freehold. No 99 year lease. Don't know about LR.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Krpune
    Personally, I dont think employees of the IT companies would be able to pay Rs 1.2 Cr for flats. But yes, if you have Rs 1 cr and buy and rent it out, better make some money than nothing...

you are missing onsite angle....of close to 10 people I know who bought in BR , 9 work in IT...why else anyone will buy in Hinjewadi....this investor angle is a myth created by bears ...there might be 10% flat owned by Mumbai guys...I dont know...but with my limited experience in RE...I can vouch...have not seen any other project with so many end users ....

you go to their office on any weekends...people who are doing payments...talking to BR reps...are mostly coming with wife and kid...investors dont bring their kid...in fact they dont even come themselves

let me stereotype people now buying in BR...30-35 age (both husband & wife working...a young kid or planning a kid in that sense thinking of settling down....having been in IT for 6-10 years...accumulated 30-40 lakhs with the help of few onsite stints...some of them might be taking assistance from parents...parents never say no for buying a home :bab (59):)

in another sense...you may call any1 investor if he is not sure that he will use the property for sure

As an off-topic

parents never say no for buying a home ... try buying BMW to see the difference in their response...I hope I will be soon old enough to not let my mother stop me from buying a big car
    CommentQuote
  • ha ha true.. :P
    But by the time we are old enough.. that parents dont stop us from buying a big car...
    We might be at that age, where we are telling our kids not to buy one.. and buy a home instead :D
    CommentQuote
  • While some people are feeling sorry for people living in BR due to lack of social life or whatever..

BR residents are busy preparing for the upcoming cricket match.. Blue ridge also has a team :) competing against 23 other teams (all paranjape societies )
    If this is not social interaction.. I fail to see what is.. I wonder if any of the other society members have the kind of interaction with each other.. which can develop during sports.. be it cricket.. or tennis .. etc..

Practice session

Pune District cricket association is conducting it.. and Paranjape is sponsoring it..

Goes without saying.. I will earn the title of the Marketing head of Paranjape Schemes for putting this up :D

(Pune_friend... u there ? )
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by brres13

BR residents are busy preparing for the upcoming cricket match.. Blue ridge also has a team :) competing against 23 other teams (all paranjape societies )
    If this is not social interaction.. I fail to see what is.. I wonder if any of the other society members have the kind of interaction with each other.. which can develop during sports.. be it cricket.. or tennis .. etc..

Pune District cricket association is conducting it.. and Paranjape is sponsoring it..

Goes without saying.. I will earn the title of the Marketing head of Paranjape Schemes for putting this up :D

(Pune_friend... u there ? )

Yes. I am there.
    Can you refer to any of my post where I used the word "social" in any context that you are referring to ?

Now that you have referred my name, let me say that you have answered it yourself.
    Some time back BR had paragliding event conducted (people complained about families trying to use the green patch as, well....., green patch instead of golf. Remember the posts ?)

I had said that it was for advertising (and let me clarify there is nothing wrong with it.)

After few days, there was a half page ad depicting the same. You neither own the land (the green patch), nor the sky. And builder was trying to market both.

Times are changing and marketing is shifting to using "news-like" items. There is nothing wrong in builder trying to leverage communities created, if it helps him. Even in digital age, word of mouth still works well. All you need to do is get people close to the product and hope for the best. Philosophy being tried is - "jo dikhata hai vo bikta hai".

The ground that is shown in the picture, which of the BR societies own the same (I know owning is not necessary. I am just asking who owns it solely from the information angle) ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pune_friend

I know owning is not necessary.

Good....

Originally Posted by pune_friend

I am just asking who owns it ....) ?

Asking an irrelevant question is lack of understanding.
    And
    Answering it is stupidity.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Superduper

Asking irrelevant questions is lack of understanding.
    And
    Answering them is stupidity.

Thanks, Superduper, for not answering ;):D
    CommentQuote

You are welcome.
    CommentQuote

Fact is none of these common amenities will ever be owned by any particular society in BR (I am not sure if there will be co-op society formation as it will be controlled by Township body). The ground in question is attached to the Blue Ridge school and it can be used by BR residents ONLY after school hours. All are shared amenities. So you don't own it, but you still pay maintenance in proportion to it.

I don't say whether this is good or bad, that's the way it is and that's how things generally are in townships.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lazybone007
    Fact is none of these common amenities will ever be owned by any particular society in BR (I am not sure if there will be co-op society formation as it will be controlled by Township body). The ground in question is attached to the Blue Ridge school and it can be used by BR residents ONLY after school hours. All are shared amenities. So you don't own it, but you still pay maintenance in proportion to it.

I don't say whether this is good or bad, that's the way it is and that's how things generally are in townships.

Thanks, for bringing out the point.

I have seen people talking about "formation of societies" and "things have been turned over to them for Tower 1 to whatever..." etc.

Society primarily implies two things
    1. Ownership of land and FSI including the amenities space (foremost important)
    2. Managing of amenities

When both these are practically not relevant, I have been wondering what is this thing called "society formed or will be formed" that has been mentioned by so many people so many times on this (and probably other township) threads. Also, why do townships get tax breaks if they are developing commercial amenities owned by themselves and charging maintenance.

Now that you have answered the point and also clarified, we can move on.

Back to the point - will be interesting to know which all BR buyer posters are part of the playing 11 !!
    CommentQuote
  • :) The ground that is shown is not owned by any of the societies .. :)
    It is the blue ridge School ground ..

Wasnt implying that you have commented anything in the past about social life at BR in any way ..
    Was more to do with a few posts of yours where I got the feeling that you implied.. anyone who posted Pro-BR stuff, was trying to attract investors, or sell flats.. or do some marketing for BR .. etc :)
    CommentQuote