Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3885 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Why do you think there will be a delay of 3-4 years? Seems like a more emotional comment than factual
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kia99
    Why do you think there will be a delay of 3-4 years? Seems like a more emotional comment than factual

If your booked flat is complete doesn't mean that project is completed. u need to look all amenities and commitments provided by the builder is completed. Since it is already overpriced project so as long as considerable amount of booking is not done, u won't get amenities in time.
    Even magarpatta city(low cost compared to BlueRidge) took 7-8 yrs to complete.
    CommentQuote
  • Well, the current quote for IT guys is 2900, however, the people who booked in 2008 were promises possesion in 2009 and early 2010, are still waiting for the same to happen.

I strictly feel Townships take a long time to mature and develop, and a price difference of 600 Rs per sq feet between in individual and an IT Guy doesnt really make sense.

Seriously, only fools could buy in this scheme.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pcpune
    Well, the current quote for IT guys is 2900

Could you pass on the source details for this rate of 2900/-. Might be useful for a couple of people in this forum
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All,

First let me introduce myself as this is my first post on the forum. I am non-Puneite staying in Pune for last 3 years and working in one of the IT companies in Hinjewadi and I recently purchased a flat in BR. I had explored quite a no of projects in Sus Rd, Baner, Pimple Saudagar, Wakad , Balewadi.....but frankly i found BR the most appealing....to stay in....for the following reasons

1) Location: I currently travel 26 km to and fro from my home to office and back...and it sucks out 1.5 hours of my day.....After moving to BR my total travelling time in a day would be less than 20 mins.... Yes BR is a bit far from the city.....but 5 days a week i do not have time to go to city anyways.....and i would be saving 2k on my petrol expenses every month....also roads are very well developed

2) Daily needs: BR will be having convinient stores on the poduim of each flat.....considering 100 flats in one tower... i dont see any reason why this stores wont come up.....Builder has confirmed the stores will be operational as soon as the possesion will be given in Phase 1.

Some myths which i read in the forum...which I would like to clear
    1) Possesion: Tower 1,2,3,4 will be ready by March 2011 and Tower 5,6,7,8,9,10 will be ready by March 12....overall Township completed in 2014.This will include the villas, mall and multiplex. The amenities for the tower ( Swimming pool, Gym etc ) will be available by March 11. When I booked the flat in Feb there were only 5 slabs completed in my tower now 11th slab is completed....so in less than 3 months i have seen 6 slabs getting complete.. In tower 1 i have seen the progress from 17th to 23rd slab...so work is gng on at full speed.....according to builder and its payment schedule every2 months 4 slabs will be complete….

2) Maintenance : Yes maintenance is Rs 2 per square feet. And I too feel is a bit on the higher side…but currently I live in one of the best societies on Sus road…charges here are apprx Rs 1.3 per sqr feet and the amenities are small swimming pool, a gym where not more than 2 ppl can work out simultaneously, A TT and carom table .. and a garden which is even smaller than my living room….comparing that with BR….you get badminton, squash, TT, Gym, basket ball, cricket, tennis and pool. ….i may not want to use all of them……but ofcourse my kids can…..Golf/Kayaking membership fees are extra….

Tower 1 to 8 are completely sold out…..right now…..more 70+ Infosys guys and 50+ Tech M guys have booked….I am not just telling coz builder has told me……just speak with HDFC Baner branch manager…..In Megapolis has sold 500 units in last 6 months…and BR has sold even more.…When I went for registration…….i met couple of people who have bought in BR with following rationale
    1)Mumbai settled couple……wants to buy it as retirement home
    2)US settled couple……want to buy it as investment
    3)Couple of Infosys middle management people….buying a second house in pune.. saying that they just don’t want to stay in over crowded places like Pimple Saudagar/Wakad…..where you come out of balcony and see some else’s living room
    So just want to say that there are quite a few people who believe that this is a good project….and I am just one of them..

I understand people discussing the pros and the cons…but here I feel people are just criticizing…no issues with criticism also….but would appreciate some logic behind criticism….

I am ready to share any more info/clarity if required….
    CommentQuote
  • Good to hear the other side, theinvincible, and welcome to the forum!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by theinvincible
    Hi All,

First let me introduce myself as this is my first post on the forum. I am non-Puneite staying in Pune for last 3 years and working in one of the IT companies in Hinjewadi and I recently purchased a flat in BR. I had explored quite a no of projects in Sus Rd, Baner, Pimple Saudagar, Wakad , Balewadi.....but frankly i found BR the most appealing....to stay in....for the following reasons

1) Location: I currently travel 26 km to and fro from my home to office and back...and it sucks out 1.5 hours of my day.....After moving to BR my total travelling time in a day would be less than 20 mins.... Yes BR is a bit far from the city.....but 5 days a week i do not have time to go to city anyways.....and i would be saving 2k on my petrol expenses every month....also roads are very well developed

2) Daily needs: BR will be having convinient stores on the poduim of each flat.....considering 100 flats in one tower... i dont see any reason why this stores wont come up.....Builder has confirmed the stores will be operational as soon as the possesion will be given in Phase 1.

1) Possesion: Tower 1,2,3,4 will be ready by March 2011 and Tower 5,6,7,8,9,10 will be ready by March 12....overall Township completed in 2014.This will include the villas, mall and multiplex. The amenities for the tower ( Swimming pool, Gym etc ) will be available by March 11. When I booked the flat in Feb there were only 5 slabs completed in my tower now 11th slab is completed....so in less than 3 months i have seen 6 slabs getting complete.. In tower 1 i have seen the progress from 17th to 23rd slab...so work is gng on at full speed.....according to builder and its payment schedule every2 months 4 slabs will be complete….

2) Maintenance : Yes maintenance is Rs 2 per square feet. And I too feel is a bit on the higher side…but currently I live in one of the best societies on Sus road…charges here are apprx Rs 1.3 per sqr feet and the amenities are small swimming pool, a gym where not more than 2 ppl can work out simultaneously, A TT and carom table .. and a garden which is even smaller than my living room….comparing that with BR….you get badminton, squash, TT, Gym, basket ball, cricket, tennis and pool. ….i may not want to use all of them……but ofcourse my kids can…../Kayaking membership fees are extra….

Tower 1 to 8 are completely sold out…..right now…..more 70+ Infosys guys and 50+ Tech M guys have booked….I am not just telling coz builder has told me……just speak with HDFC Baner branch manager…..In Megapolis has sold 500 units in last 6 months…and BR has sold even more.…When I went for registration…….i met couple of people who have bought in BR with following rationale
    3)Couple of Infosys middle management people….buying a second house in pune.. saying that they just don’t want to stay in over crowded places like Pimple Saudagar/Wakad…..where you come out of balcony and see some else’s living room
    So just want to say that there are quite a few people who believe that this is a good project….and I am just one of them..

I understand people discussing the pros and the cons…but here I feel people are just criticizing…no issues with criticism also….but would appreciate some logic behind criticism….

Very good/thoughtful first post. Welcome to IREF & congrats on your purchase.When are you planned to get possession ?
    CommentQuote
    Hi All,

2) Maintenance : Yes maintenance is Rs 2 per square feet. And I too feel is a bit on the higher side…but currently I live in one of the best societies on Sus road…charges here are apprx Rs 1.3 per sqr feet and the amenities are small swimming pool, a gym where not more than 2 ppl can work out simultaneously, A TT and carom table .. and a garden which is even smaller than my living room….comparing that with BR….you get badminton, squash, TT, Gym, basket ball, cricket, tennis and pool. ….i may not want to use all of them……but ofcourse my kids can…../Kayaking membership fees are extra….

a very nice post!!! it really helps end users to make an informed decision!!

Congrats on your purchase...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by harishkulks
    Very good/thoughtful first post. Welcome to IREF & congrats on your purchase.When are you planned to get possession ?

Thanks Harish.....

Agreement mentions August 11 or penalty to builder 9%.....Builder has promised March 11.....Well I am no expert...but I see two slabs a months...getting erected....so 7 months for structre ready....and interior work will also happen parallely...so i guess add 6 more months... so practically speaking....i expect around May-June next year.....
    CommentQuote
    Thanks Harish.....

Agreement mentions August 11 or penalty to builder 9%.....Builder has promised March 11.....Well I am no expert...but I see two slabs a months...getting erected....so 7 months for structre ready....and interior work will also happen parallely...so i guess add 6 more months... so practically speaking....i expect around May-June next year.....

theinvincible........Could you please share the details of your deal with us ? What rate/package you got ? How is your experience with the builder while dealing with him ? You working for infosys/TechM ? I hear that there is a good discount for Infy&TechM guys ? NOT FOR OTHERS.
    I am sure most of the potential buyers trying in BR would like to know more about the scheme. Thx - Harish Kulkarni.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shirishtiwari01
    Could you pass on the source details for this rate of 2900/-. Might be useful for a couple of people in this forum

Yes, just tell them you work for Infosys,Wipro or Tech Mahindra, and this rate was advertised in the company. They would surely give you the rate. Make sure you have a friend working in any of these companies. For confidential reasons, I cannot forward my company advertisement to you.
    CommentQuote
  • As mentioned earlier, the rate advertised was 2900 psfeet for TechM/Infosys/Wipro guys - FIXED.

Also, about buying in BR, I would probably prefer to stay on rent first, if needed since most people buying here are IT guys or investors, also RESALES shouldnt be a problem, and the rates cannot really rise above 40-45 lacs for a 2 BHK, can it?

I still believe there will be surprises related to all amenities, builder will change the sanctioned plan, and will not let the society form until say 2018 (considering a average 5 year delay in Pune).

For me, buying a house is ONCE in a life time decision,and I have seen 99% of the people burn their hands who made purchases after 2006, so I can only say Best of Luck to all those who are still buying.

I would like to wait out until the blood is running down the streets.
    CommentQuote
  • To my knowledge, this scheme is no longer available. This was open only for Feb-10. This is certainly not open for all IT companies. I know for sure that Wipro is not 'invited' to be part of this scheme. Also, you need to make sure that you get 50 other bookings with you.

As in my case, they refunded the booking amount as there were not enough bookings. (I had choice of going for 3500 rate, which I declined)
    CommentQuote
  • Good for those who have bought it. But if the possession is given by March 2012 (yes and not 2011 as planned) for phase I, buyers should be happy. I have personally seen builidings taking almost 8-10 months for completion after the slabs are done. Considering the size and the scale of the project, a delay of one year shouldn't be a problem. Erection of slabs is important for the builder as by the time the slabs are done, 70-75% of the payment will be in his pocket and then he can complete the remaining at his own will.

For people who are buying a second home, well this would still be OK. But for people buying their first home, this may not be a good option because personally, I wouldn't like to stay there with my family coz of the distances. NO doubt, convenience store will be handy. But you will always be paying more (that gets balanced by saving in petrol though). Everyone has different needs, views, quality parameters, style of living, financial capacity, ability to cope up with pressure etc... and thats what determines the market. There are such diverse opinions out there. But anything beyond 2000/- is not correct as per my opinion. But this is just my view and personally, even 2000/- is quite high for a jungle and village called Hinjewadi. Yes, in about 5-6 years, this place may be livable if there are alternate roads and reasonable infrastructure available.
    CommentQuote
  • Nopes, in my company, they extended to even single purchases in March for 2900 and some people did make the bookings. The question is why a rate difference of 2900 - 3500 thats almost 20%, the NET PROFIT MARGIN of MOST COMPANIES>
    CommentQuote