Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
Reply
3928 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by garibaadmi
    some people are saying that in under construction -
    you pay ~80 % in first year itself
    and remaining ~20% is dragged for 2 more years

    i think this is bit exaggeration. thoda hisab se lagao yaar.

    i'd say -
    ~50% in first year
    ~40% in 2nd year
    ~10% in 3rd year


    In megapolis Splendour all(15) slab and 90% brick work done in about 1 year and builder has taken 90% under CLP. Work on club is also going side by side. so --pratakshyam kim pramanam (What is in your front does not require evidence)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by poddar
    How anyone can be sure that there is no project risk in any under construction property. It may be only personal assumption(favorable to builder).


    that ways US treasury papers are considered to be safest... but 10 year bonds yield south of 3%....biggest risk people take is not to take risk
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by poddar
    In megapolis Splendour all(15) slab and 90% brick work done in about 1 year and builder has taken 90% under CLP. Work on club is also going side by side. so --pratakshyam kim pramanam (What is in your front does not require evidence)


    hopefully rest 10% will be done in next 1 year max.

    i think MP is giving possession before expected date.

    do you think people will have to wait for 2 more years for possession for remaining 10% work?
    CommentQuote
  • In other project's case builder waits for corporations occupation certificate to give formal possession. Now getting OC is corporations part which may take one or more than one years time. In case of BR I am not sure if OC is coming into the picture. So it is all in the hands of township management when to allow people possession even after completion of the building.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by atulopt
    T20-T21 Emails for Modifications.

    I understand that folks who have booked in these towers have started getting emails around desired modifications. I know this topic was discussed a bit earlier in the thread. However since deadline (3rd Jan for Me) to submit those is approaching, just wanted to consolidate. The list I am kind off finalizing is :


    1) Make all out-lets universal ( US and India ),
    2) Increase height of the kitchen platform to let dish-washer fit.
    3) Add plumbing-electricals for the dish-washer,
    4) Replace all regular windows with mosquito-mesh once - Estimates?
    5) Add wired-internet facility in every room,
    6) Add glass door-partition in every shower without tub.
    7) What options for Open kitchen (Kitchen and Living room Wall options
    8) Kitchen Sink Grinder

    Any suggestions around cost/quality of work done by BR for these modifications?


    My 2 cents:

    1. If BR is installing universal outlets for no additional or minimal charge, then go for it.
    2 & 3. That is what we did but can be quite an hassle to get proper plumbing & electrical done. Find a good plumber and electrician. If you plan to install a modular kitchen with a reputed company, then they may be able to assist you. Otherwise, the ordinary plumber won't know how to get the plumbing done. In any case, ask BR if they can provide a 15V outlet for the dishwasher.
    4. I would suggest going with BR on this one even if it costs little bit extra. They use the same vendor that installs the windows.
    5. I'm not aware of this one, though should be feasible.
    6. The tubs provided by BR are useless. I got them removed. You may be entitled for some credit if you tell them in advance.
    7. Even though I liked open kitchens, I won't recommend it to you. Depends a lot on your layout but please note that open kitchens do not work in India from acoustics perspective. Sound reflects a lot because of the concrete walls.
    8. I was planning on installing it but found that it is still very expensive to get this done. For now, I'm using a 100 RS strainer that snugly fits in the BR sink. :-). If you are still thinking, then ask BR to install a 15V socket under the sink.

    Few other suggestions:
    9. If possible, think about a good top mounted kitchen faucet with a nice sprayer. In that case, tell BR folks to not install the typical wall mounted faucets & simply have them provide the 1/2 inch water pipe under the sink on the wall.
    10. If you are thinking about a hot water option, then ask them for an additional 15V electric point under the sink for an instant heater. You don't need a hot water inlet for the dishwasher if you purchase one in India. But if you happen to bring one from US, then you may need a hot water inlet.
    11. Verify the location of your gas meter. In most of the cases, they are under the sink and could interfere with all the additional equipment that you plan to install. Those gas meters are huge. See if you can decide on a position that is on a side wall below the sink, instead of right under the sink.
    12. If you have two bathrooms (generally common and guest/children), then ask BR to connect the hot water pipes so that you can install one heater and share it, unless you are already planning to install 2. I think that 2 heaters are not needed.
    13. If you are planning to install an exhaust in the kitchen, then request for a window that has the exhaust fan opening. The standard windows do not come with one.

    That is all I can think of. If you have questions, let me know.

    Good luck & Happy New Year !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by garibaadmi
    some people are saying that in under construction -
    you pay ~80 % in first year itself
    and remaining ~20% is dragged for 2 more years

    i think this is bit exaggeration. thoda hisab se lagao yaar.

    i'd say -
    ~50% in first year
    ~40% in 2nd year
    ~10% in 3rd year


    Hisab se hi laga ke bata rahe hain. There is no exaggeration.

    I'd say for 90% projects in Pune, from the start date of construction, you pay 80% in the first year, and 20% is dragged for upto 2 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Superduper
    This one flies in face of realacers and his kind ..who insistently recommend end-users to buy only move-in-ready units....since "who knows what builder will deliver and that too when ???".

    humble_guy....BTW I am vehemently with you on this point.

    Was trying to stay away from this thread as it became too personal but as usual, you dragged me in again, without putting up complete facts (habit of bulls).

    > I always recommend higher down-payment & buying flat 3 times your annual salary & not 6 times as some calculated,

    > Never I recommend taking loans for period of 20 yrs or more. 10 years (max) is what one should look at,

    > Double income is again not recommended, here RE bulls took double income & showed why they should buy 1.3 Cr (crap) flat,

    > Overall, what you the RE bulls are showing is to over-leverage, take as much loan as possible & keep paying EMIs till you are in working age. And what you get at the end is a fancy pigeon hole in some jungle surrounded by robots.

    We won't think on same plank as for RE bulls flat is everything in their life, for people like me, RE is small part of life. That's the difference.

    Such quote clearly means seller is just interested in checking its market value and not really interested in selling. The same flat will be up for sale even after an year. Just fyi, I have come across 1400 sqft fully furnished flat in gated community in Pimpri quote 70L negotiable.

    As posted earlier, I also came across.under construction 3BHK in Blue ridge for 73L negotiable and this was in Nov. The.seller was in urgent need.I was not interested in BR so dint even consider.

    +1
    Many ads are given just to gauge mood of buyers & market, while the actual deal price is never disclosed later in ad, be it builder or investor.

    My team mate told me that he has observed that about 50% occupants are tenants, in BR.

    >> Would you really like to be part of a neighborhood where most of the singles are staying?

    I agree that it often gets out of hand.

    +1
    Saying this right from day 1.
    No commercial infra outside project, no social infra inside.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    that ways US treasury papers are considered to be safest... but 10 year bonds yield south of 3%....biggest risk people take is not to take risk


    So There is risk. My comment was related to ready to move unit & under construction unit.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by garibaadmi
    hopefully rest 10% will be done in next 1 year max.

    i think MP is giving possession before expected date.

    do you think people will have to wait for 2 more years for possession for remaining 10% work?[/QUO

    Agree to your point that MP in most probability will give possession before expected date. I think so because they have taken 90% only for 15th slab. They have almost completed brick work which will give them only 2.5%. They are also completion parking, club & amenities rapidly. I think they are trying to give possession of Smart Home 3 before time to make a record & increase the sell of Mystic Towershopefully rest 10% will be done in next 1 year max.

    i think MP is giving possession before expected date.

    do you think people will have to wait for 2 more years for possession for remaining 10% work?[/QUO

    Agree to your point that MP in most probability will give possession before expected date. I think so because they have taken 90% only for 15th slab. They have almost completed brick work which will give them only 2.5%. They are also completion parking, club & amenities rapidly. I think they are trying to give possession of Smart Home 3 before time to make a record & increase the sell of Mystic Towers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres


    > Overall, what you the RE bulls are showing is to over-leverage, take as much loan as possible & keep paying EMIs till you are in working age. And what you get at the end is a fancy pigeon hole in some jungle surrounded by robots.

    We won't think on same plank as for RE bulls flat is everything in their life, for people like me, RE is small part of life. That's the difference.


    pigeon hole = flat

    jungle = Hinjewadi

    robots = IT employees

    small part of life = 10,000 posts in last 4 years



    yes...thats the difference in your thinking and other's thinking
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    The date of completion has been delayed by atleast 2 years, amenities like Kayaking is canceled/indefinitely delayed. People who booked in 6 towers are accommodated in 3 towers! Good way to save cost of construction. The list goes on.....if everything had been well, why did paranjape come up with FD scheme? BR falls in gram panchayat & not PMC. :DTo cut long story short invest in BR if you want to donate your hard earned money to the builder.


    Do you regret being so wrong ? ( this post is dated June 15th, 2009, 11:23 PM)

    Does this guilt drive your behaviour on this forum ?

    Stop calling people's home a piegon hole and residence a jungle...at least pretend to be decent if you cant be one

    IREF,

    I and many others would expect IREF to at least ask honraray moderator behave with some dignity
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with Baruch. Even though I welcome contrarian views, use of such derogatory words do not suit a moderator, either full time, ex, or honorary.

    Bulls get too heated up to call bears names, and bears get too frustrated to curse bulls and their investments. Both sides should show restraint and maturity so that everyone learns something in the end, and doesn't leave bitter taste.

    A good post should be like a good shave, nice clean cut with no bleeding.
    CommentQuote
  • "A good post should be like a good shave, nice clean cut with no bleeding. ""

    It is a clash of preconceived notions.
    Jagged ends will be seen.
    Fur will fly.
    End point of all heat is how much value has been added.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    pigeon hole = flat

    jungle = Hinjewadi

    robots = IT employees

    small part of life = 10,000 posts in last 4 years



    yes...thats the difference in your thinking and other's thinking


    Fully Agree with you Baruch...Let me add more... I really wonder, in case a place where 6-7 lac people work daily (with 24*7 activity) can be called as jungle by some RE bear/bull...then would any of his opinion/recommendations will even be considered worthy of being read by people...coz the guy doesn't even know what a jungle is..forget RE developments.

    Also for pigeon holes..please visit some of the much talked about RE projects in Navi Mumbai/Pune...and see 840 sqft (super built up) offered as 2 BHK's with lots of real pigeons around to give company in balconies.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    My 2 cents:

    1. If BR is installing universal outlets for no additional or minimal charge, then go for it.
    2 & 3. That is what we did but can be quite an hassle to get proper plumbing & electrical done. Find a good plumber and electrician. If you plan to install a modular kitchen with a reputed company, then they may be able to assist you. Otherwise, the ordinary plumber won't know how to get the plumbing done. In any case, ask BR if they can provide a 15V outlet for the dishwasher.
    4. I would suggest going with BR on this one even if it costs little bit extra. They use the same vendor that installs the windows.
    5. I'm not aware of this one, though should be feasible.
    6. The tubs provided by BR are useless. I got them removed. You may be entitled for some credit if you tell them in advance.
    7. Even though I liked open kitchens, I won't recommend it to you. Depends a lot on your layout but please note that open kitchens do not work in India from acoustics perspective. Sound reflects a lot because of the concrete walls.
    8. I was planning on installing it but found that it is still very expensive to get this done. For now, I'm using a 100 RS strainer that snugly fits in the BR sink. :-). If you are still thinking, then ask BR to install a 15V socket under the sink.

    Few other suggestions:
    9. If possible, think about a good top mounted kitchen faucet with a nice sprayer. In that case, tell BR folks to not install the typical wall mounted faucets & simply have them provide the 1/2 inch water pipe under the sink on the wall.
    10. If you are thinking about a hot water option, then ask them for an additional 15V electric point under the sink for an instant heater. You don't need a hot water inlet for the dishwasher if you purchase one in India. But if you happen to bring one from US, then you may need a hot water inlet.
    11. Verify the location of your gas meter. In most of the cases, they are under the sink and could interfere with all the additional equipment that you plan to install. Those gas meters are huge. See if you can decide on a position that is on a side wall below the sink, instead of right under the sink.
    12. If you have two bathrooms (generally common and guest/children), then ask BR to connect the hot water pipes so that you can install one heater and share it, unless you are already planning to install 2. I think that 2 heaters are not needed.
    13. If you are planning to install an exhaust in the kitchen, then request for a window that has the exhaust fan opening. The standard windows do not come with one.

    That is all I can think of. If you have questions, let me know.

    Good luck & Happy New Year !



    Apart from bath tub, in my view, lots of improvement needed in bathroom fittings (flush with poor water flow, wash basin due to bad surface, Taps and drain covers rusting) even the tiles work and floor sloping is not proper at some places.

    I would shortly meet the construction team and give them above feedback for improvement. In case others also feel the same, please point it out to the BR team.
    CommentQuote