Collapse

Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Last updated: 3 weeks ago
4012 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Most of the new apartments (especially in high rises/townships) have grills from inside only.
    I have seen this in Bangalore also.
    Actually I support this, because from outside the apartment looks very cheap if grills are there./
    But I think its the builders responsibility to put it from inside.
    Many builders dont do this to save on costs.

Originally posted by puneri12 View Post
    no safety grills in BR, that is one major concern...one more major safety concern is that height of balcony railings are too short...so have to be very careful with kids...

regarding safety grills, they told that we have to fit on our own expense and that too from inside...that does not look or feel good...

now as new BR society is formed this issue can be raised and get permission to put from outside..

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
      Thanks for the pics man.
      Just wanted to ask are there water meters here like Nanded City here ? And what about safety grills ? To be done at added cost or not possible at all to do so ? But it is atleast good that there is no safety grill from inside like Megapolis, it looks like jail man.
      There are no water meters at BR. Personally, I think that water meters should be made mandatory by the Government, similar to piped gas meters. That is the only way to control water wastage by insensible reckless citizens. Water conservation in India is a joke - the Govt politicizes the entire thing asking residents to save water & the residents don't do a darn thing.

Personally, I'm not too concerned about safety grills at BR. Too early for me to comment on serious thefts as I haven't investigated. One reason could be that I'm on a higher floor too. But I may go for an entrance grill door.

Originally posted by puneri12 View Post
      no safety grills in BR, that is one major concern...one more major safety concern is that height of balcony railings are too short...so have to be very careful with kids...

regarding safety grills, they told that we have to fit on our own expense and that too from inside...that does not look or feel good...

now as new BR society is formed this issue can be raised and get permission to put from outside..
      The short balcony railings are only a threat if you keep a chair or stool on which kids can climb. They actually are a threat to tall adults as they have more chances to topple & fall if they lean.

We are thinking of installing the jute rolling blinds in the balconies which are allowed. Aesthetically they look good & also provide shade. But they won't provide you protection from burglary or thefts. One of our family friends installed such a curtain in their dry balcony but I wasn't impressed with the rolling mechanism. So I'm still looking for a better one that is sturdy and can also withstand the rain & high winds.

I would have liked safety nets instead to protect from mosquitoes and insects. We are planning to install the nets with velcro that can be easily removed for cleaning. There are the other kinds where they install a slim frame & you can roll the net up and down. They are a bit expensive. But again, I have heard that there are quality issues with those. And typically, you don't open the nets all the time, so velcro ones will be sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by pnq2012 View Post
        There are no water meters at BR. Personally, I think that water meters should be made mandatory by the Government, similar to piped gas meters. That is the only way to control water wastage by insensible reckless citizens. Water conservation in India is a joke - the Govt politicizes the entire thing asking residents to save water & the residents don't do a darn thing.

Personally, I'm not too concerned about safety grills at BR. Too early for me to comment on serious thefts as I haven't investigated. One reason could be that I'm on a higher floor too. But I may go for an entrance grill door.

The short balcony railings are only a threat if you keep a chair or stool on which kids can climb. They actually are a threat to tall adults as they have more chances to topple & fall if they lean.

We are thinking of installing the jute rolling blinds in the balconies which are allowed. Aesthetically they look good & also provide shade. But they won't provide you protection from burglary or thefts. One of our family friends installed such a curtain in their dry balcony but I wasn't impressed with the rolling mechanism. So I'm still looking for a better one that is sturdy and can also withstand the rain & high winds.

I would have liked safety nets instead to protect from mosquitoes and insects. We are planning to install the nets with velcro that can be easily removed for cleaning. There are the other kinds where they install a slim frame & you can roll the net up and down. They are a bit expensive. But again, I have heard that there are quality issues with those. And typically, you don't open the nets all the time, so velcro ones will be sufficient.
        little surprised that we are discussing the risk of theft etc

I always ranked Pune very high for lack fo such crimes...in my current society ...few times I had left my main door open for few hours ( for expample in situations like when my wife didnt have keys and I coudnt wait for her to come from office)

In any case this risk is practically non-existent for anyone in BR (even first floor is quite high up)

Comment

I am on 16th floor and if a guy climbs to use the balconies for theft I will hand him my valuables myself. He deserves it.

Another thing - the piped gas rate is quite expensive. Can we use regular gas cylinders in our apartments?

Comment

Originally posted by honest
            Most of the new apartments (especially in high rises/townships) have grills from inside only.
            I have seen this in Bangalore also.
            Actually I support this, because from outside the apartment looks very cheap if grills are there./
            But I think its the builders responsibility to put it from inside.
            Many builders dont do this to save on costs.
            It depends more on the elevation part of the building in totality. I have seen buildings where the windows are bit inner side of the wall & so when the grill is put up, it flushes with the wall. You then also get some space called as 'Flower Bed' where you can put artificial plants/flowers (if real plants are put, muddy water falls on wall spoiling the external façade). Look at the one below having external grills :-

Last edited by realacres; August 22 2013, 04:06 PM.
            If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by anotherITguy View Post

Another thing - the piped gas rate is quite expensive. Can we use regular gas cylinders in our apartments?
              Legally, you are not allowed to keep regular gas cylinder if you have piped gas. I checked with Dolphin Gas Systems (company that provides piped gas to Blue Ridge) on why they are charging high. There reasoning is that there are not enough customers. I'm still not sure if that is a valid reason. This should be taken up with the Blue Ridge management. I would suggest take this up with the society or talk to Aditi.

I'm also planning on raising this with BR management. I would suggest that everyone do it. Sometimes I think that such service companies simply charge you more because you live in a premium residential complex. If there is a valid reason, then I would like to know that.

Comment

^^ Some piped gas cos say that without 60% occupancy, they won't start service & if they do, be ready to pay whatever maintenance charges they wish.
                If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Yes - I will definitely take it up with them. They can not make it a monopoly and I should have a choice to use what I want to use.

Comment

where is this beautiful building RA?

Comment

Originally posted by puser View Post
                      where is this beautiful building RA?
                      Seems to be waters edge pimple nilakh

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X