Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
Reply
3896 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hello all,
    Could someone please tell me what all Internet broadband service providers available at Blue Ridge ? Apologize if this was already asked before (I checked but could not find the discussion). Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by NG2012
    Percentagewise. Yes. Numberwise? Many can buy.

    I do not have statistical data about financial positions of Pune buyers. And yes my guess is that number of 80 lakhs+ houses on sale far outnumber number of 20+ lakhs yearly salaries.
    However, in a growing (or inflating) markets it all takes for people to climb up one notch.
    e.g.
    Mr X bought a house in Pimple Saudagar/Wakad for 45 lakhs in 2011. His contribution was 10 lakhs. And he pays Rs 35000 per month EMI on his 35 lakhs loan.
    In 2013, he has some more equity (of say 3 lakhs) and house cost is now 60 lakhs (assuming 15% price increase per year)...so he has now 28 lakhs! And probably has had a couple of promotions and can afford 15000 more in EMI and a couple of lakhs saved off.
    So now, he takes loan of 50 lakhs, pays 30 lakhs as own contribution and voila we have a buyer for a 80 lakhs property.

    Due to sheer number of people in India, the possibilities are endless. I always keep wondering who buys these expensive houses and how they afford it. But I suspect that most, if not all, of buyers of these expensive houses are NOT the property virgins. They either have history of lusting after RE or have had a rather long stint abroad.


    For getting a loan of 74 lakhs aperson should have monthly TAKE HOME salary of at least 1.5 lakhs ( after all deductions like Income Tax, Insurance,Provident fund, any other EMI). well person like you can buy these apartments if you have surplus money & no other expenses & commitments.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by poddar
    What is the time frame?


    Roughly, 2016.

    Originally Posted by puneri12
    i hope they don't drop multiplex at BR since xion and BR are quite close to each other..


    Probably not. But I won't mind if they do. Not a big fan of having too many commercial spots near BR.

    Originally Posted by blueridget9
    Hello all,
    Could someone please tell me what all Internet broadband service providers available at Blue Ridge ? Apologize if this was already asked before (I checked but could not find the discussion). Thanks.


    Tata Docomo. No other provider yet though I have heard that Airtel will soon start service.

    Originally Posted by poddar
    For getting a loan of 74 lakhs aperson should have monthly TAKE HOME salary of at least 1.5 lakhs ( after all deductions like Income Tax, Insurance,Provident fund, any other EMI). well person like you can buy these apartments if you have surplus money & no other expenses & commitments.


    When you have customers buying 74 Lakh cars (Audi Quattro Q7), then why not a home? You get more square footage compared to a car. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Tata Docomo. No other provider yet though I have heard that Airtel will soon start service.


    Thanks pnq2012. Although, just want to confirm that you mean Tata Docomo wired broadband - High Speed Plans (and not the Wifi Photon Max router/dongle).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    When you have customers buying 74 Lakh cars (Audi Quattro Q7), then why not a home? You get more square footage compared to a car. :)

    Haha, ROFL. :D
    And do you think person buying a car of 74L will be looking to buy for self use in Hinjewadi ?? :D
    Btw, buying diamond studded in platinum jewellery is even worse then, coz you get even less area than car !!

    * PS:- iphone 5S is expensive that BR, coz you can put 50k phone in your pocket, which is not even 0.25x0.25 ft !!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by blueridget9
    Thanks pnq2012. Although, just want to confirm that you mean Tata Docomo wired broadband - High Speed Plans (and not the Wifi Photon Max router/dongle).


    Yes. That is correct. I'm talking about Tata Docomo broadband (DSL).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    Roughly, 2016.



    Probably not. But I won't mind if they do. Not a big fan of having too many commercial spots near BR.



    Tata Docomo. No other provider yet though I have heard that Airtel will soon start service.



    When you have customers buying 74 Lakh cars (Audi Quattro Q7), then why not a home? You get more square footage compared to a car. :)



    How many are buying Audy of 74 lakh? I think they will not buy Apartment of 80 lakhs. They will like to buy for 3-5 cr.:bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • I have visited Blue Ridge around 8 times, at various times of the day/evening and overnight. The only cars i saw were Maruti, Tata, Ford, Honda, Fiat... Yet to see even the cheapest BMW or Audi worth 30L in the Blue Ridge complex or parking levels. :)

    Infact a large portion of the parking levels had deserted slots which were just empty all the times. So it seems a bulk of people even waiting to buy their 1st car, renters perhaps?.

    The above is not the most scientific analysis and mostly anecdotal, but yet...

    PS: i would love to be proved wrong here, if someone staying in BlueRidge can post some pictures of the parking levels with even a few 30L+ cars visible.. leave alone the 74L Audi. It would be really nice.
    CommentQuote
  • why will some1 buying an Audi worth 70 lakhs live in a flat of 1 crore ?

    though choices are very personal...but anecdotal evidence will suggest that majority of people are comfortable buying houses for 7-8 times the price of car they drive...so you should expect more of Honda City/Verna types...

    also original statement looked like made in jest...but bears in their pursuit of negativity have even lost their sense of humour :-(
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012

    When you have customers buying 74 Lakh cars (Audi Quattro Q7), then why not a home? You get more square footage compared to a car. :)


    hahaha... what a joke...
    This is hilarious to compare CAR and FLAT on the basis of square footage.
    I need to go back to my school teacher to learn how to compare CAR and FLAT, also I will ask him is it possible to compare my toilet's flush tank and Mars (on the basis of water contents) :bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • Sorry if I confused folks here. I'm not suggesting that people buying Audi are buying in Blue Ridge. I was just responding to "poddar" comment on "who would spend 74 lakhs for a flat". It was more of a generic statement to suggest that people still have buying power.
    CommentQuote
  • ^^^ Your point was sound, and it was stretched beyond limit and taken in too literal sense by bears who found it easy to chew upon. The increased spending power is evident everywhere, by the number of luxury cars on road, by the increased number of luxury hotels, by the increase in school fees of kids. But bears will ignore it all, because for them, if they can't afford, then no one else should.

    And in bears too, many can afford, but they are lost in their thinking 'enjoying current life to the fullest' etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TheTruth
    ^^^ Your point was sound, and it was stretched beyond limit and taken in too literal sense by bears who found it easy to chew upon. The increased spending power is evident everywhere, by the number of luxury cars on road, by the increased number of luxury hotels, by the increase in school fees of kids. But bears will ignore it all, because for them, if they can't afford, then no one else should.

    And in bears too, many can afford, but they are lost in their thinking 'enjoying current life to the fullest' etc.


    so very well put
    CommentQuote
  • in fact rather than asking who can buy...one should ask who is buying ?

    Every 2 bhk flat in Mumbai is north of 1cr...does that mean we have same number of luxury cars in Mumbai?

    People tend to overstretch for positive assets like home but they rather under spend on cars....so you will easily see people driving a hatchback and buying flats worth 70-80 lakhs

    now whether that's right or wrong...we are no one to pass value judgement...each on his own
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    Sorry if I confused folks here. I'm not suggesting that people buying Audi are buying in Blue Ridge. I was just responding to "poddar" comment on "who would spend 74 lakhs for a flat". It was more of a generic statement to suggest that people still have buying power.


    pnq2012, just having some lighter moments on the thread. :)

    No matter what the bulls or bears say, the project is fully soldout with almost nil inventory.

    Good for people who bought in the initial stages 2008-2010, not so economically good for the ones buying at current rates, unless they are planning to live their entire life in Hinjewadi as an end-user.
    CommentQuote