Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
Reply
3921 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Ashok1110
    However , what I have observed on this forum, is that no project is worth buying, no area is worth living, at no price is RE worth buying, and so on and so forth, this has been going on years on this forum.

    I would rather rename this forum, as "waiting/hoping for correction so I can buy cheap" forum :)


    Yes. I agree.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ashok1110
    However , what I have observed on this forum, is that no project is worth buying, no area is worth living, at no price is RE worth buying, and so on and so forth, this has been going on years on this forum.

    I would rather rename this forum, as "waiting/hoping for correction so I can buy cheap" forum

    totally agree..i notice same in some other threads.However , what I have observed on this forum, is that no project is worth buying, no area is worth living, at no price is RE worth buying, and so on and so forth, this has been going on years on this forum.

    I would rather rename this forum, as "waiting/hoping for correction so I can buy cheap" forum

    totally agree..i notice same in some other threads.
    CommentQuote
  • I feel the prices are accurate. Once the construction work gets over, shops get operational, it will be one of the best integrated societies in Pune. That time we will see an uptick in rentals as well. And yes, I am biased. I am an owner. :)

    Also one thing to keep in mind while talking about/sft rates is - when you buy the apartment from builder, there are lot of additional charges such as car parking, amenities, floor rise etc which the buyer of resale flat does not take in consideration. Just for example, the rate at which I bought (say) was 3500/sft. After I add all these costs and calculate the /sft for the total cost of acquisition, it is about Rs 500 more and actually it is 4000.
    CommentQuote
  • >> - Additional outlets in kitchen especially if you plan on using a hob or induction plate. Piped gas is still non-subsidized, so we use induction plate and microwave a lot.

    Cost of gas per unit of heat generated is still lower than cost of electricity, I guess. 46MJ/kg is the calorific value of LPG. Specific heat of water is 4186 J /kg. 4186/46x10^6 is the amount of LPG in kg required to heat 1kg water by 1C. (Assuming most of the cooking is basically heating water).
    Now 1 unit = 3.6MJ. so 4186/3.6MJ is consumed. using cost per unit and cost per kg of lpg, you can come to the exact numbers.

    In fact, you can simply get the cost per MJ of heat in both cases. if 900 Rs per cylinder (nonsubsidized), then cost per MJ is 900/(46*14.2). For electricity, assuming Rs 10 per unit, you get 10/3.6.

    Also assuming 100% efficiency in both cases.

    Kerosene stoves would be the most cost efficient :D

    not sure if i m right, am out of touch with the physics...

    >> A rikshaw stand has been allowed inside BR (in front of SEZ) though I'm sure that it is not by meter.

    that is a problem even in Aundh or Baner. Maybe whole of pune !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    >>

    Cost of gas per unit of heat generated is still lower than cost of electricity, I guess. 46MJ/kg is the calorific value of LPG. Specific heat of water is 4186 J /kg. 4186/46x10^6 is the amount of LPG in kg required to heat 1kg water by 1C. (Assuming most of the cooking is basically heating water).
    Now 1 unit = 3.6MJ. so 4186/3.6MJ is consumed. using cost per unit and cost per kg of lpg, you can come to the exact numbers.

    In fact, you can simply get the cost per MJ of heat in both cases. if 900 Rs per cylinder (nonsubsidized), then cost per MJ is 900/(46*14.2). For electricity, assuming Rs 10 per unit, you get 10/3.6.

    Also assuming 100% efficiency in both cases.

    Kerosene stoves would be the most cost efficient :D

    not sure if i m right, am out of touch with the physics...



    Thanks for the calculations. However, I read somewhere that induction cooking is the most efficient. If you Google, you will find some articles. Most of these articles are international ones, so possible that in India, it is more expensive than subsidized gas.

    Based on my experience, induction cooking is quite fast. Definitely saves cooking time.
    CommentQuote
  • I am interested in Blue Ridge. I have few questions about Blue Ridge. Can someone please answer ?

    1. Blue Ridge is located on the banks of a river. Usually the soil/land situated near river is not considered good for construction. It is black soil and suitable for farming. Ideally, the land should be rough with stones, etc. So, is it still a good choice to consider investing in BR ? Has BR implemented any civil Engineering's developed technologies to make sure the construction quality is sturdy ?

    2. Do Paranjape negotiate ?

    3. Is there any fresh vegetable market nearby ?

    4. How should people come to BR who travel using public transport ? eg. Relatives coming to see us at BR who use Red-Bus or ST. If there is a rickshaw facility easily available , how much do they charge?
    CommentQuote
  • 1. I dont think that should be a problem. There are lot of constructions in Pune near the riverbank.

    2. Try your luck. If you are a Pune local, he might.

    3. fresh veggie market.. how nearby? there is one near hinjewadi chowk.

    4. No idea about buses right upto BR... I guess from mumbai , there is a volvo stop at hinjewadi flyover in wakad.
    CommentQuote
  • Any idea on what is the possession date for tower B1?

    Also what is the rental amount than can be expected for the slim fit 1 BHK?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mp_pune
    Any idea on what is the possession date for tower B1?

    Also what is the rental amount than can be expected for the slim fit 1 BHK?


    General rule of thumb for calculating rentals would be:
    Annual rental is 2% of total all inclusive purchase cost of the flat.

    (deduct brokerage, monthly maintenance etc to get in-hand rental)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tiyana


    1. Blue Ridge is located on the banks of a river. Usually the soil/land situated near river is not considered good for construction. It is black soil and suitable for farming. Ideally, the land should be rough with stones, etc. So, is it still a good choice to consider investing in BR ? Has BR implemented any civil Engineering's developed technologies to make sure the construction quality is sturdy ?

    2. Do Paranjape negotiate ?

    3. Is there any fresh vegetable market nearby ?

    4. How should people come to BR who travel using public transport ? eg. Relatives coming to see us at BR who use Red-Bus or ST. If there is a rickshaw facility easily available , how much do they charge?


    1. The project sits on a ridge (hence the name). The project also sits on a slope as you go towards the river thus preventing water accumulation. Not to mention, the architect company is Hong Kong / Shanghai based, probably experts in building structures near water or on reclaimed land.

    2. Depends on your investment. If you are showing interest in one of the 5 BHKs or more than 1 flat, then you may be able to negotiate.

    3. The farmer's market is held in HInjewadi chowk every Sunday starting at 2:00 PM. If you go around that time, you will find it less crowded. There is a vegetable vendor inside the township, typically early in the morning & then later in the evening. And if you want vegetables to be delivered at home, then there is also a home run business that offers that.

    4. The nearest bus stop is Infosys circle where there is a Rikshaw stand, which is around 2 kms from BR. If you are coming from city, you may want to try one of the "call a cab" services like Wings Radio Cab, Easy Cabs etc. I use it when going to airport or coming back - comes to around 400 one way. From Deccan area, it is around 250. There is also "Call a rickshaw" service available if you are a resident.
    CommentQuote
  • @pnq2012, thanks for the information.

    Call a cab / call a rickshaw - sounds interesting. So everytime a person who wants to get out of BR and go to a bus-stand , needs to depend on Call-A-Rickshaw or his own feet for 2 kms. :(

    No share-rickshaw facility ? Magarpatta/ Amanora are also not located on/near the bus-stops but there are numerous share-rickshaws going from/to magarpatta (hadapsar to kharadi) everyday. I feel it is unlikely for such cheap means of transportation to be available near BR.

    IT people have not-so-bad salaries and may be they have a means of transportation of their own or can afford 'Call-a-rickshaw' but what about lower-middle class relatives who are old people and who want to visit a BR resident. How should they commute from/to BR from main-highway/bus-stop? + all they can do after staying in BR is walk near BR and get home. even if they want to buy a vegetable, they need to depend on only 1 Bhajiwala ?

    @humble_guy,
    Do you really think the logic of 2% for rental flats is indeed getting applied in Pune ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tiyana

    @humble_guy,
    Do you really think the logic of 2% for rental flats is indeed getting applied in Pune ?


    At current capital value rates, the rental return is actually between 1.5% to 2% only in almost all Pune markets.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tiyana
    @pnq2012, thanks for the information.

    Call a cab / call a rickshaw - sounds interesting. So everytime a person who wants to get out of BR and go to a bus-stand , needs to depend on Call-A-Rickshaw or his own feet for 2 kms. :(


    Possible. "Dial-a-rickshaw" is becoming popular in outskirts of Pune. Although, I have seen Rickshaws & taxi cabs in front of SEZ. So maybe a future Rickshaw stand coming up inside BR. But don't quote me for it.

    Originally Posted by tiyana

    No share-rickshaw facility ? Magarpatta/ Amanora are also not located on/near the bus-stops but there are numerous share-rickshaws going from/to magarpatta (hadapsar to kharadi) everyday. I feel it is unlikely for such cheap means of transportation to be available near BR.


    It may develop but will take some time. All depends on how much response the rickshaw services get. I don't think BR can do anything about it. It all depends on whether people need such services or not.

    Originally Posted by tiyana

    IT people have not-so-bad salaries and may be they have a means of transportation of their own or can afford 'Call-a-rickshaw' but what about lower-middle class relatives who are old people and who want to visit a BR resident. How should they commute from/to BR from main-highway/bus-stop? + all they can do after staying in BR is walk near BR and get home. even if they want to buy a vegetable, they need to depend on only 1 Bhajiwala ?


    There are rickshaws available from highway or Wakad intersection near the bridge that can bring them to BR. But then your relatives will have to pay non-meter rates.

    If you are dependent on public transport, then BR is not a place for you. It will take time for such facilities to develop.

    I cannot speak for others but we typically get vegetables delivered or buy them in bulk once a week from chowk or D-mart or Reliance (Aundh) on our way back home. Works for us. We are used to it and we actually prefer that. But if you are one of those who want to walk and buy vegetables everyday & don't want to walk 2 kms, then you may want to think about other options.
    CommentQuote
  • pn q, Thank q .

    Can someone tell me the current rate at BR ? Is it something around 8000 + /sq.ft. ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tiyana
    pn q, Thank q .

    Can someone tell me the current rate at BR ? Is it something around 8000 + /sq.ft. ?


    As published on Blue Ridge's website...the range is just under 7k/psf for 4 BHK in towers 10 or 13 .....to..... over 10K/psf for 3 BHK in towers 20 or 23.
    CommentQuote