Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3930 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    When I came to Pune, I did not have any local knowledge. I took admission for kids in Podar International (pimpri) as the Podar school in Mumbai has a very good name.

It turned out to be a useless school and changed to BR. BR is reasonably good school so now don't want to change school again.

oh...hard luck...so you made mistake of poor research twice....first you got school wrong....second time you got school right but society wrong...:-(

why don't you switch to Wakad and let kids study in BR....I see merit of kids needing not to travel for school but that alone should not dictate your decision specially given the poor state of affairs in BR...99% of kids travel 2-5 kms for school...that's pretty normal....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by humble_guy
    Anyone can share thoughts comparing the 2 schools in the BR locality:
    BR School and the Mercedes Benz School just outside the gates?

You must be super-rich to even think of the Merc Benz school. Check the school fees.

http://mbis.org/images/pdf/Fee%20Structure%202013-14.pdf
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    oh...hard luck...so you made mistake of poor research twice....first you got school wrong....second time you got school right but society wrong...:-(

why don't you switch to Wakad and let kids study in BR....I see merit of kids needing not to travel for school but that alone should not dictate your decision specially given the poor state of affairs in BR...99% of kids travel 2-5 kms for school...that's pretty normal....

Well, I'm staying on rent so I am not committed to BR.

I'll use the 11 months lease period to make sure I am on sound footing when the lease expires.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by humble_guy
    Anyone can share thoughts comparing the 2 schools in the BR locality:
    BR School and the Mercedes Benz School just outside the gates?

BR School = Uttam Tikau Honda Accord :)

MB School = Lamborghini

If I ever move back to India and start living at BR......MB would be my :-( very very expensive )-: choice for our kids.
    CommentQuote
    You must be super-rich to even think of the Merc Benz school. Check the school fees.

http://mbis.org/images/pdf/Fee%20Structure%202013-14.pdf

Thanks for the link. This is quite costly. Almost comparable to the prices of many good schools in Mumbai here.
    I also happened to browse through the images on the website for the Merc Benz school, does not look much fancy. A bit above average perhaps. nothing spectacular.

What are the fees like in the BR school? just an average annual cost would be fine.
    CommentQuote
  • I think we are going at it again and again. This has been discussed many times. You cannot be comparing a developed area with an under-construction township like BR.

BR's isolated location is advantage for some as it provides a getaway from utter city chaos. I'm not sure which areas of Pimpri is Sudhashbahu talking about but that would not be a fair comparison. You need to wait for few years before comparing BR with other developed areas like Baner, Balewadi or Pimpri.

And I quote again and again here - Indians, especially Pune residents, need to wake up and get past the idea that commercial shops should be at walking distance. That is what is killing Pune & India. Pune is not far away from becoming the world's polluted city, right after Delhi & this is because, we, do not want to change our ways of thinking. BR's isolated location, away from city center, offers you the pure lifestyle that your kids would need growing up. They don't need to be sitting in unsafe school buses, breathing polluted bad air every day.

If you are a temporary Pune resident, then I can understand the mindset behind not investing and just living on rent. That is a wise decision in the current market. But if you are living on rent & planning to invest in Pimpri or in one of the densely populated areas, then you may want to think again.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    I think we are going at it again and again. This has been discussed many times.

Not sure what upsets you.

I put out data points and personal opinion after staying at BR for few weeks.

You may or may not agree. Your call.
    CommentQuote
    I think we are going at it again and again. This has been discussed many times. You cannot be comparing a developed area with an under-construction township like BR.

BR's isolated location is advantage for some as it provides a getaway from utter city chaos. I'm not sure which areas of Pimpri is Sudhashbahu talking about but that would not be a fair comparison. You need to wait for few years before comparing BR with other developed areas like Baner, Balewadi or Pimpri.

And I quote again and again here - Indians, especially Pune residents, need to wake up and get past the idea that commercial shops should be at walking distance. That is what is killing Pune & India. Pune is not far away from becoming the world's polluted city, right after Delhi & this is because, we, do not want to change our ways of thinking. BR's isolated location, away from city center, offers you the pure lifestyle that your kids would need growing up. They don't need to be sitting in unsafe school buses, breathing polluted bad air every day.

If you are a temporary Pune resident, then I can understand the mindset behind not investing and just living on rent. That is a wise decision in the current market. But if you are living on rent & planning to invest in Pimpri or in one of the densely populated areas, then you may want to think again.

>> Indians, especially Pune residents, need to wake up and get past the idea that commercial shops should be at walking distance.

Well, not everyone has a station wagon or SUV in India where they can drive 10 miles to the Walmart store and stock up for the week/month. Most people would not even have storage to keep 1 month stock in small flats !
    Even if you have an SUV, do you want to face the traffic ?
    I liked the way Dwarka in Delhi is becoming.. there are commercial clusters on the main roads. Shops are not at walking distance but not very far either.

In any case, even I would not like a marketplace inside BR (if I were living there). about ten shops would do, for quick shopping.

>> You cannot be comparing a developed area with an under-construction township like BR.

I agree BR is one of the best places to stay in hinjewadi (I would not stay in hinjewadi in the first place). Prices dont justify it (even after accounting for golf course and n number of amenities) for the location though. I would have seriously considered it if prices were at a saner level. I even saw ads for resale 3bhk at 1.5 Cr on prop portals last week.
    It is such insane prices that makes me compare BR with a developed area.
    CommentQuote

BR's isolated location is advantage for some as it provides a getaway from utter city chaos.

And I quote again and again here - Indians, especially Pune residents, need to wake up and get past the idea that commercial shops should be at walking distance. That is what is killing Pune & India.

You seem to be projecting BR as a get-away from the city location with relaxed lifestyle, clean air etc where people should not mind driving out to shops.

That is a valid lifestyle choice, but then the prices should also be accordance with the fact.

New York City is a busy crowded city. If you want a similar get-away, relaxed lifestyle etc, you would move away from New York City in to Upstate New York. The closest area would be Husdon Valley.

I checked Zillow.com for prices. (picked first listing that came in a search for update new york 3 bed homes)

A 3 bed + three bath bunglow of 1517 sq.ft carpet area situated in 0.34 Acres (yes one-third acre) land plot. With 3 parking spaces (750 sq.ft). Fully furnished kitchen + central AC/Heater + Washer + Drier is listed for $269,000. The Zillow estimated sale price is $240,000.

Even if you assume actual sale price of $250000, that is Rs 1.5 Crores.

At Blue ridge you get a 3 bed Flat for 1.2 Cr. Considering that in the Update New York home you get a large area of land around the house, you see that BR houses are way-way overpriced for what you get.

It is like paying core city prices for out-of-city living.

And add the fact that in the NY home, you can dial 911 and help will be at your door step in 15 minutes irrespective where you live.

AT BR if you call an ambulance at 6 PM, it will never reach you. The road will be blocked by company buses.

And that brings me to the moot point. Why are you calling an area near the SEZ where 1000s of people work and which see traffic of large number of company buses during office hours as "a getaway from utter city chaos".
    CommentQuote

It is like paying core city prices for out-of-city living.

Have you checked the prices in the core of the city? They are not 6000-7000. They are more like 14000-16000.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal
    Have you checked the prices in the core of the city? They are not 6000-7000. They are more like 14000-16000.

Aundh, Baner, balewadi, etc are in the region of 6000 - 8000. These are acceptable places if you do not want to be in the core of the city. Seriously, if I have a budget of 1.3 Cr all incl, I would rather buy in Harsh paradise in Aundh !

Yes of course, KP, KN, Model colony, Law college, prabhat rd, Boat club road, etc would be 16000. These places are like the South Mumbai of Pune. I am surprised though how kothrud is so insanely high.. i find it a hap hazard locality.

Off topic - more than 60 years ago Britishers had planned better than us today !! British built areas in Delhi, Mumbai, Pune still have higher prices !! Is it really so difficult to have a proper plan ? And its common sense, it is not about people spitting or pissing on the roads. Building a road straight and having intersections at right angles has nothing to do with the people. Even Mohenjodaro had better planning 4000 years ago!
    CommentQuote

these are for boat club,FC road model colony and prabaht road schemes here are anyways not for common folks flats are 3000qft plus in most buildings....
    CommentQuote

You have quoted a single line from a large post.

The surmise of the original post was that the cost of BR is too high for the value it delivers.

The statement you pointed out was in that context.

The actual core city prices are immaterial.
    CommentQuote
    You seem to be projecting BR as a get-away from the city location with relaxed lifestyle, clean air etc where people should not mind driving out to shops.

That is a valid lifestyle choice, but then the prices should also be accordance with the fact.

I think, its a perfectly valid lifestyle choice. Lot of people like to live away from city and go to city when required. The prices in BR are clearly on higher side but I think lot of future appreciation is already accounted. So if you are a 2-3 year horizon investor then its clearly not a good choice. But for investor who plan to stay in BR, its a very good option. School, day care, sports facilities, mall and number of career options make it very attractive for long term settlers.

Also, the cost of construction for townships are also much higher for builders. They have to take care of social infrastructure which usually local municipal corporations are responsible. So my guesstimate is that it would be 10-15% more than other projects near by.

On top of it, Paranjape charges 10% more for the quality. Which can ben debated by others.

Also, I feel BR is really extension of Baner. Once the road from Baner to Hinjewadi is finished, it will be literally 5 mins drive. And in my experience the DP roads finally come up, they just take longer time :)

Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    AT BR if you call an ambulance at 6 PM, it will never reach you. The road will be blocked by company buses.

Yes, its a real problem and concern.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Yes of course, KP, KN, Model colony, Law college, prabhat rd, Boat club road, etc would be 16000. These places are like the South Mumbai of Pune. I am surprised though how kothrud is so insanely high.. i find it a hap hazard locality.

Frankly speaking, areas like Prabhat rd, Law college rd, Kothrud etc. have been hyped up by native Puneties but from commercial point of view, its not worth.
    Eg. My friend had work at Yes Bank, Bhandarkar rd & I was driving his bro's Toyota Fortuner. First, driving this truck was a pain in here. I dropped him in front of the bank & came back to pick him up after 10 mins or so. There was no proper place to park. Taking a U turn was again a pain & had to reverse it twice. Law college road is one way after FTII.

What I wonder is people who will buy a flat today in this location spending few crores will probably not be driving in alto or nano, so how will they move around in their cars, especially self driven ? The parking inside the building is occupied by residents & if you park outside, high chances that you will find jammer on it. :D So visitors go for a toss.

Man, most of the land alloted around deccan was those for flood affected victims when Panshet & Khadakvasla dam burst & people then used to be scared of crossing lakdi bridge & stay on other side. But city developed & this area become strategic part of it as peth areas were meant for 18-19th century.

Prabhat rd got fame due to prabhat studios which was famous in pre-independence era.

Kothrud came in PMC quite early & was closest to Peth areas, hence it became peth annexe. Even today, there is nothing here to demand this rates.

Man, overall if you see, it's only the Puneri's who feel as if areas like kothrud & all is something great.

For me, I prefer to have good infra, wide roads & cosmopolitan (not page3) neighbourhood, where all these old Pune areas fail miserably.

Off topic - more than 60 years ago Britishers had planned better than us today !! British built areas in Delhi, Mumbai, Pune still have higher prices !! Is it really so difficult to have a proper plan ? And its common sense, it is not about people spitting or pissing on the roads. Building a road straight and having intersections at right angles has nothing to do with the people. Even Mohenjodaro had better planning 4000 years ago!

Man, this happened because Britishers wanted to build a city, today builders only want to build buildings with as much FSI as possible. Who bothers about city ? If this had been the case, NGOs wouldn't have fought against NCP which is giving out reserved land to builders.

What we need today is city architect, but with likes of NCP in power, they won't think beyond FSI & TDR.
    CommentQuote