Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3935 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    You have quoted a single line from a large post.

The surmise of the original post was that the cost of BR is too high for the value it delivers.

The statement you pointed out was in that context.

The actual core city prices are immaterial.

Indian RE is a bubble so what do you expect. Check out prices in Mumbai - anywhere from 40,000 to 150,000 INR per sq ft.

What happened during the Japanese RE bubble?

Its not just BR prices that are high. The trend is seen all over Pune. What is new in this? Just cause the prices are high does not mean they are going to crash anytime soon. People have been predicting the burst for the last 4-5 yrs.
    CommentQuote
    You have quoted a single line from a large post.

The surmise of the original post was that the cost of BR is too high for the value it delivers.

The statement you pointed out was in that context.

The actual core city prices are immaterial.

When BR was launched way back in 2007-08 the price was 2800. Even at that time people were saying that the price is very high. Today the price is what 6500? Now you do the math on how much money investors have made by booking in 2007-08 and spreading their payments over 5 yrs.

Today people say the same about Pirangut and Talegoan. Back in 2000 people were -ve about wakad, baner and pimple saudagar.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Aundh, Baner, balewadi, etc are in the region of 6000 - 8000. These are acceptable places if you do not want to be in the core of the city. Seriously, if I have a budget of 1.3 Cr all incl, I would rather buy in Harsh paradise in Aundh !

and if I could afford a house in KP, Model Colony or Law College then I would buy a house in Texas or Georgia instead of putting a couple of crores down the drain in India.

But my personal investment style is not going to be followed by the majoirty and so property in India will continue to sell at high prices. Who in their right mind pays 50,000 per sq ft for a flat near a slum in Mumbai?

Yes of course, KP, KN, Model colony, Law college, prabhat rd, Boat club road, etc would be 16000. These places are like the South Mumbai of Pune. I am surprised though how kothrud is so insanely high.. i find it a hap hazard locality.

This is what happens in a bubble. Prices lose relationship with reality. But does that mean we deny the forces that are at play today in the Indian RE market?
    We can all start shouting that the RE market should crash and believe me it wont even cause a small dent to it :) Such is the nature of the beast. I have accepted it and want to profit from it - wont invest directly in RE but there are others investment options one can find that are more liquid than RE and can be understood easily e.g. Kajaria Ceramics. Check out that stock price.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Frankly speaking, areas like Prabhat rd, Law college rd, Kothrud etc. have been hyped up by native Puneties but from commercial point of view, its not worth.

Man, you just do not get it. Just having broad roads and parking lots do not make places worth living. To name few things which people would value are - proximity to educational institutes which has frequent guest lectures by eminent speakers, proximity to drama theatres, best eat out places, proximity to Deccan/Hindu gymkhana etc etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realbr
    Man, you just do not get it. Just having broad roads and parking lots do not make places worth living. To name few things which people would value are - proximity to educational institutes which has frequent guest lectures by eminent speakers, proximity to drama theatres, best eat out places, proximity to Deccan/Hindu gymkhana etc etc.

All this is there even at Bhosle Nagar or K'ngr.
    As far as lectures are concerned, they are not attended daily & can be attended from any part of the city. Just for some guest lectures, why stay in crowded & narrow place where one ways is the norm ??

herohiralal,

You talked about prices at BR at point of 2007 & compared that with today, which is more than double. Now, tell me the INFRA DEVELOPMENTS which have taken place in past 7 years at HJW.

Also, you rightly said that rather than buying a flat for crores on LC rd or nearby, better to buy in US. Similarly, even if we talk about Pune, better to buy at Aundh than at BR.
    CommentQuote
  • Today our society closed the swimming pool. Most of the people here earns 1L plus per month. Those all might be thinking that we should have got the flat in some township professionally managed. This is a reason why BR is so popular. People now a days won't expect a downtime of even single minute. Unprofessional societies drag the members and work as per their personal preferences. Remember I told you in my earlier post that they pay the pool attendant whole year with no cut for single day including closure period of summer.
    CommentQuote

herohiralal,

You talked about prices at BR at point of 2007 & compared that with today, which is more than double. Now, tell me the INFRA DEVELOPMENTS which have taken place in past 7 years at HJW.

Also, you rightly said that rather than buying a flat for crores on LC rd or nearby, better to buy in US. Similarly, even if we talk about Pune, better to buy at Aundh than at BR.

Tell me which Infra developments have taken place in Aundh in the past 7 years? Apart from new building, malls and traffic Aundh has seen little progress. The schools are crowded.

But it depends on each individual where they want to live. BR has a lot of things going for it. If a person is working in Hinjewadi and has a family then BR has some real advantages.

I am more positive about Baner than Aundh. Major reason is the big road right in between Baner and its connectivity with Pashan, Balewadi and Aundh. Plus there is bridge coming up to connect wakad to baner.

So if you ask me Baner vs BR I will go for Baner. Aundh is stuck in between govt owned land and if someone can open up that land Aundh will have a big thing going in its favour.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sj2013
    Today our society closed the swimming pool. Most of the people here earns 1L plus per month. Those all might be thinking that we should have got the flat in some township professionally managed. This is a reason why BR is so popular. People now a days won't expect a downtime of even single minute. Unprofessional societies drag the members and work as per their personal preferences. Remember I told you in my earlier post that they pay the pool attendant whole year with no cut for single day including closure period of summer.

Paranjape built societies usually have better management - BlueRidge, Magnolia and Athashree.
    CommentQuote
    All this is there even at Bhosle Nagar or K'ngr.
    As far as lectures are concerned, they are not attended daily & can be attended from any part of the city. Just for some guest lectures, why stay in crowded & narrow place where one ways is the norm ??

herohiralal,

This is how I look at Aundh. Surrounded by central and state govt land. If the lords of the vidhan and lok sabha can get their act together then Aundh can have a very bright future. Till then my bets are on Baner.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    Not sure what upsets you.

I put out data points and personal opinion after staying at BR for few weeks.

You may or may not agree. Your call.

No. I'm not upset at you. I'm just saying that new comers, especially from out of Pune, storm into this forum & jump to conclusions without understanding the real facts. I don't blame you but I can only blame at how things work in a city like Pune. I'm not saying BR is perfect either but you cannot expect everything to be available in a 50% complete project.

And my challenge is still on (in case you haven't read the old posts) - suggest a project (not for me because I'm already a resident) for potential buyers who can get the type of lifestyle that BR has to offer. If someone can put comparisons, then that would be beneficial to potential buyers. So far, I haven't seen any challenging projects. Once you have come up with a list of projects that can take on BR, we can talk about prices too.

Even developed areas like Aundh still struggle by providing basic facilities like water, clean surroundings & good roads. And as long as our city officials continue to rob & fool residents, integrated townships like BR, Megapolis, Amanora etc will keep getting popular. I cannot justify the price hike at BR as I don't study the real estate but I can only say that as long as there are people ready to spend 20,000/sq. ft at Karve road, you will find people willing to spend 7000/sq ft at BR. And that is what builders see - they don't care about any other RE statistics in the city. Just one reason, why we shouldn't be comparing Indian RE with US RE. Both work differently. That will not lead us anywhere.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal
    Tell me which Infra developments have taken place in Aundh in the past 7 years? Apart from new building, malls and traffic Aundh has seen little progress. The schools are crowded.

But it depends on each individual where they want to live. BR has a lot of things going for it. If a person is working in Hinjewadi and has a family then BR has some real advantages.

I am more positive about Baner than Aundh. Major reason is the big road right in between Baner and its connectivity with Pashan, Balewadi and Aundh. Plus there is bridge coming up to connect wakad to baner.

So if you ask me Baner vs BR I will go for Baner. Aundh is stuck in between govt owned land and if someone can open up that land Aundh will have a big thing going in its favour.

that bridge connecting wakad and baner will take a lot of time to come up.

>> Tell me which Infra developments have taken place in Aundh in the past 7 years?

It is already developed ;) :D
    I dont even get 3g on my phone when I am in some parts of PS. What about broadband connections in PS/wakad? Does bsnl or tata indicom or airtel broadband serve there.. most people in PS/wakad i know use 3g usb dongles. they do work, but they are patchy.

In Aundh, I am always on 3g, and always on wireline broadband.

Above is just an example. I would find it really heart burning, when I buy a flat worth 1 Cr and find that i dont have a decent internet connection.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    that bridge connecting wakad and baner will take a lot of time to come up.

>> Tell me which Infra developments have taken place in Aundh in the past 7 years?

It is already developed ;) :D

Its too developed now :) Its lost it charm. Look at that DP road man. Feels like you are on Laxmi road. One could sit at vishis and enjoy eating stuff there but now its like u get a free dose of pollution along with whatever u r eatning. I guess if u have grown up in that area then you dont want it to change too fast.

If one is lucky enough to have a house in national society or sindh society then its a different matter or one of those quite lanes in sanewadi or anand park.

I dont even get 3g on my phone when I am in some parts of PS. What about broadband connections in PS/wakad? Does bsnl or tata indicom or airtel broadband serve there.. most people in PS/wakad i know use 3g usb dongles. they do work, but they are patchy.

In Aundh, I am always on 3g, and always on wireline broadband.

Above is just an example. I would find it really heart burning, when I buy a flat worth 1 Cr and find that i dont have a decent internet connection.

Folks who live in BR has commented on this thread that you do get Tata Docomo wired broadband. 3g usb dongles are useless!!! Cant wait for Reliance Jio to launch 4g.
    CommentQuote
    Its too developed now :) Its lost it charm. Look at that DP road man. Feels like you are on Laxmi road. One could sit at vishis and enjoy eating stuff there but now its like u get a free dose of pollution along with whatever u r eatning. I guess if u have grown up in that area then you dont want it to change too fast.

If one is lucky enough to have a house in national society or sindh society then its a different matter or one of those quite lanes in sanewadi or anand park.

Folks who live in BR has commented on this thread that you do get Tata Docomo wired broadband. 3g usb dongles are useless!!! Cant wait for Reliance Jio to launch 4g.

>> Folks who live in BR has commented on this thread that you do get Tata Docomo wired broadband.

Yes, same at magarpatta i believe. the Township does not allow any other competitor service.

But they cannot control the air :D Same here, waiting for Reliance Jio (and I hope they do a better job than Reliance 3g).

>> If one is lucky enough to have a house in national society or sindh society then its a different matter

Cannot even dream about the Aundh locations you mentioned. :) kahaan sindh society aur national society aur kahaan mein. those places are good really.

The cheapest "proper" thing you can find in Aundh is Aloma county, and its reviews are bad enough. Sold on the promise of a road to balewadi, but there is no bridge over the ram nadi. in fact a narrow two lane road connects it to baner road. i dont think aundh to balewadi road would be on priority.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sj2013
    Today our society closed the swimming pool. Most of the people here earns 1L plus per month. Those all might be thinking that we should have got the flat in some township professionally managed. This is a reason why BR is so popular. People now a days won't expect a downtime of even single minute. Unprofessional societies drag the members and work as per their personal preferences. Remember I told you in my earlier post that they pay the pool attendant whole year with no cut for single day including closure period of summer.

I don't stay in township yet all the amenities here run for 365 days a year.
    This has nothing to do with township or non-township, it all depends upon the liking & the dedication of the people in the society. By giving such eg. you are trying to paint a picture as if townships only have good maintenance while societies are hopeless. Sorry, but I don't buy this logic. Infact, in townships there are much more restrictions like even in holi you can't properly play around. Eg. Magarpatta.
    CommentQuote
    Paranjape built societies usually have better management - BlueRidge, Magnolia and Athashree.

Again Paranjape ?? In all threads you bat for PSCIL. Seems you are loyal investor of Paranjape builders. ;)

Anyways, what's your problem with more developed localities like Aundh ? If its developed, you still have problem ?
    Btw, why are you dodging my simple question of what infra development Hinjewadi has seen in past 7 years ?? Appreciate if you can answer this.
    CommentQuote