Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Last updated: 2 weeks ago
4012 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Originally posted by avadhoot View Post
    I visited the Blue Ridge launch day (I think it was 2004/2005). i was working in Geometric at that time and I visited around 2 pm and all flats/towers for which original booking was open was sold out. So within first 2/3 hours, all towers were gone and Paranjape had to open additional towers for booking because of people pressure on same day even though maps/floor plans were not ready for customers.

Mr. Paranjape was there on that day and people complained about not getting a chance to book a flat. Almost all of them were local Pune guys. Some of them were already owning a flat in Paranjape schemes (mostly Kothrud) in Pune city area and because of their good experience, they wanted to book the flat. Many of them were knowing Mr Paranjape personally during their earlier flat dealings. Also at that time, there was a huge fan club for Paranjape schemes in NRI guys (mostly Pune based in US).

Good amount of initial tower bookings are from local Pune guys who are staying in Pune city. I don't think, they will relocate to Blue Ridge by leaving their Kothrud house. So indirectly you can say they are the investors and will be giving out on rent.

Later towers might witness non-Pune based guys like Infosys group bookings etc and they will come there for living.
    project wasnt launched in 2004-05

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
      Personally, I prefer to stay in community where there are people from all walks of life, CAs, docs, mgmt guys, lawyers, govt employees, bankers, advertisers etc. & not just ITGs.
      except for the difference that you have decided to live on rent for rest of your life and they live in their homes

Comment

Looks like Brick-throwers' club.......BR Bashers' Club is back at it with its old ridiculous nauseous regurgitations.....

Dear life-members of BR Bashers' club....do you guys have KOI NAYA MAAL in stock ????

And one more thing......

From top of my building in Blue Ridge I can see white-flags being held high and waved from old Wadas and Peths of Pune.
        OK.....relax put them down.
        Last edited by Superduper; October 8 2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brres13 View Post
          Its such a petty way to look at things.. BR was charging 5800 for the golf course facing flat and 2 lakhs for the club membership....
          the total cost of the flat comes upto almost 1.1 cr you really think that 2 lakhs extra for the club membership is the deal breaker ?

instead of 5800 if BR had charged 5915 Rs per/sqft... and said.. golf club membership is free !!!! then lots of people would be extremely happy.. Free!! membership ... overall it comes down to the same thing.. the amount of money you would have paid would be the same..

Its all in our head !! what we find acceptable and what we find expensive..

and as for having non BR residents as golf club members, I don't see that as an issue either.
          Its a place to meet and socialize with people.
          There are approximately 3000 apartments being sold at BR. If the golf club membership was free.. you would have people just walking on to the course.. just for the heck of it.. saying that.. we are also members.. so what if we don't want to play golf.. i will have a bloody picnic here !!! for the so called Paisa Vasool mentality ( you must have heard the famous.. arey paisa humne bhi bhara hai ) !!
          By charging extra for the club membership, atleast people who are interested in it will opt for it..
          So no i don't find the whole idea of the charged club membership unacceptable.

And even for residents who do not take membership.. you have so much unobstructed open view in front and a beautiful green golf course to look at .. so what are you complaining about !!
          So aptly put

But trust me 95% people won't get your point and that's why Mr Katju thinks what he thinks about 95% Indians

I mean people don't see fundamental fallacy in arguments when they try to consider public transport and 2 Rs discount in grocery as the reason for buying or not buying a 1.2cr home

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
            I mean people don't see fundamental fallacy in arguments when they try to consider public transport and 2 Rs discount in grocery as the reason for buying or not buying a 1.2cr home
            People don't and won't see an argument as false when their livelihood, faith or self-image depends on making that argument.

Here in US its called "head in the sand'.
            Last edited by Superduper; October 8 2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
              if your 1 hour of time waste is justified to save 200-300 rs on veg then BR is surely not for you

for modern day professionals every hour (specially non-office) counts

Many woudnt mind paying 1000 rs in a month more if that saves 4-5 hours in a month

Also I dont want to get into this but fully convinced that for general grocery DMart is cheaper than Pimpri

anyways...based on your reasoning you should try to live very near to subji mandi only
              If you can read properly , my post above that you've quoted was in reply to brres13 :

Btw do mention which mandai you shop at, and i dont mean that in a sarci way, I would actually like to compare prices and quality etc.

As for BR my comments are related to the location and lack of social infra for people having families . I've clearly said its good to stay near office , but modern day professionals (aka software labour) in Hinjewadi are also people who have other needs than just commuting to office . Looks like these professionals in BR are mostly migrants(no disrespect meant but a fact) who dont need anything else other than office in vicinity .

Thanks for your advice . I always live in areas having good social infra so that my family can also have a life of their own instead of living on remote islands .

By the way , what will you do if your job tomorrow moves from walkable distance from BR to say 15km ahead in the future phases of Hinjewadi and you find that it becomes a one hour commute ? Will you rent or buy another apartment near the new office ?
              Last edited by suryawork; October 8 2013, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by suryawork View Post
                By the way , what will you do if your job tomorrow moves from walkable distance from BR to say 15km ahead in the future phases of Hinjewadi and you find that it becomes a one hour commute ? Will you rent or buy another apartment near the new office ?
                What would YOU do, if your job moves 1 hour away?

Got answer....?

BR guys will do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by brres13 View Post
                  I really think you could come up with something better than that example
                  The simplest thing would be better spaces between 2 buildings & have good walkways/cycletracks spread across the township which can be used by all. In BR, all towers are cramped in one side & golf on another. I would prefer better distance between 2 towers than sharing common walls with other flat.

but yes.. just because i don't own the golf course dose not mean, i don't want to enjoy the view.
                  Ok.

Which part of the golf course , or rather club is bothering you? the fact that it is not free? or the fact that people who dont live in BR can take membership with the club?
                  As golf is open to all, it is not exclusive, despite the FSI of golf land being taken by builder which also includes loading in BR. Inshort, BR pay loading for golf course, which is not exclusive. This is like you are paying fine for some stranger who broke the signal.

Its such a petty way to look at things.. BR was charging 5800 for the golf course facing flat and 2 lakhs for the club membership....
                  the total cost of the flat comes upto almost 1.1 cr you really think that 2 lakhs extra for the club membership is the deal breaker ?
                  Issue is not just 2L, issue is 1.1 Cr itself has been taken by fraudulent means as the price is inclusive of loading of the area which is public (open for non-BR guys too).

instead of 5800 if BR had charged 5915 Rs per/sqft... and said.. golf club membership is free !!!! then lots of people would be extremely happy.. Free!! membership ... overall it comes down to the same thing.. the amount of money you would have paid would be the same..
                  Golf membership is not one time, it needs to be paid regularly.

and as for having non BR residents as golf club members, I don't see that as an issue either.
                  Its a place to meet and socialize with people.
                  Yes, but surely not at buyers' cost.

There are approximately 3000 apartments being sold at BR. If the golf club membership was free.. you would have people just walking on to the course.. just for the heck of it.. saying that.. we are also members.. so what if we don't want to play golf.. i will have a bloody picnic here !!! for the so called Paisa Vasool mentality ( you must have heard the famous.. arey paisa humne bhi bhara hai ) !!
                  ITGs are worlds busiest, hence they have WALK TO WORK CONCEPT & so the premium. When they don't have time to commute, will they have time to play golf ??

And even for residents who do not take membership.. you have so much unobstructed open view in front and a beautiful green golf course to look at .. so what are you complaining about !!
                  My friend stays in Bhosle Nagar, gets open view of Pune univ + infra of area which is thousand times better than HJW grampanchayat.
                  Btw, what about non-golf facing flats ? All waste by this logic ?
                  If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by suryawork View Post
                    Looks like these professionals in BR are mostly migrants

Looks like BR Bashers' club members are mostly old-farts with 18th century mentality...now facing a generation-gap.

Comment

Originally posted by Superduper View Post
                      What would YOU do, if your job moves 1 hour away?

Got answer....?

BR guys will do the same.
                      Already been on that boat , own in the city and rent near to office with good social infra where relatives and friends can come to your place and you can go to their places easily .

If BR guys rent then what about the golf course and greenery and peaceful surroundings ?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X