Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3896 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by NG2012
    I don't think so. I have read most posts in this thread and I don't see any salesman. If you think anybody is a salesman of a builder, do let us know so we can give the guy a chance to come clean.

I am RE bear but I am deeply invested in it (including BR). Reason? I am unable to figure out if current prices are truly very high!!! I know thats an atrocious statement to make. But bear with me.

Most of us have spent our childhood in small 2 room rented houses. That despite having well employed father. Our parents moved into own bungalows when we were fairly old (12-18 years of age). And they put all of their money in that house and didn't eat out as often as we do.
    So apparently houses were not cheap even in 80's.

Why do we have this sense of entitlement of owning the house much earlier than them? Do we beleive that our jobs are far better than theirs? If we factor in inflation, our salaries don't look that great. So why this moaning about RE prices being high?

A 2 BHK flat in new areas of Pune is 50 lakhs and is aimed at people who make 10 lakhs per year. i.e. 5 times their yearly salary. Was this proportion much different 25 years ago? I still remember 1 lakh first price money lottery tickets which was considered a lot of money then.

In last decade RE prices have gone thru the roof...I bought my first house in 2005 for Rs 1100 per sqft and now it is probably at Rs 4500-5500 per sqft (4-5 times rise in a decade). Yes, it has beat all asset class in last decade and now it is showing stagnation. It should stagnate at this price for a couple of years if our economy remains in doldrums. If we see heavy economic activity, our incomes will grow and so will RE prices.

To me, RE prices are justifiable if we factor in labor rates of Rs 300 per day, bricks at Rs 9 each and cement prices. Builder's margins are going to remain 100% over the period of 3 years (i.e. 25% per year profit).

SO if construction cost is Rs 2000 (including cost of the lans), a flat should cost Rs 4000. What do you say? I know this post is not specific to BR, but just sounding my opinion.

In 2013, an ITG with 6 years of experience earns 50,000 per month and rents are 12000 for good 2 BHK and a flat costs 50 lakhs.
    In 1993, class 1 gazzetted officer earned Rs 5000 per month and rents were 1200 for a good 2BHK and good small houses costed 2-3 lakhs. So yes, prices have moved a bit faster than salaries...but only marginally....but quality of housing is far better now.

Where are you NG2012?

Enjoyed reading your unbiased and practical posts.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    how do you know ? Looks like everything in Hinjewadi is a problem when compared to rest of Pune...

Its an open secret for anyone who works at Hinjewadi. There is not a single petrol pump which does not cheat you.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lazybone007
    Its an open secret for anyone who works at Hinjewadi. There is not a single petrol pump which does not cheat you.

Well, it may be true(don't know), but we can't guarantee that every other petrol pumps in pune other than hinjewadi are honest. If you want to malpractice, you don't need to be in any particular place. It can happen anywhere.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal
    Sir just visited BR yesterday. Find it difficult that you folks are complaining about BR and Hinjewadi when the rest of the city is also in the same boat.

HJW will not cross Baner for sure if u compare like for like. There are some really crap projects in Baner and they will always sell at a lower price and similarly when that scam called XRBIA is completed it will bring down the avg price in HJW as well.

Proximity to the workplace is not the only major selling point for BR. See for folks with children its gives them access to a decent school which is like 200 m from home.

If I was to ever return to India and settle down I would like to live in a project like BR which has got all the amenities and is close to work. I personally dont have any inclination of going to Laxmi Road, market yard or even Deccan to save 100-200 INR on vegetables or some traditional stuff . All other stuff - broadband, TV, other white good, petrol etc cost the same anywhere in Pune. Apart from vegetables and maybe some traditional stuff there is no real need to visit old pune. The traffic is going to drive u crazy.

If isnt available in Aundh and Baner then I dont need it :)

Cant really compare Pune with Mumbai. Mumbai was a long time a last resort for many people. Folks came to Mumbai cause they could change their lives. In Mumbai one does not debate about different projects. You live where you can afford to live. Punekars are a pampered lot and they have time to debate infra and social aspects. Mumbaikars have to catch the local train and reach office on time :)

>> complaining about BR and Hinjewadi when the rest of the city is also in the same boat.

Rest of the city? Many parts of the city are in the same boat, many are not.
    Also, I have been critical of Baner Aundh as well in the past. Aundh has some ugly slums. Baner just has some stupid fancy projects who think they can be another supreme pallacio and even below average projects like valencia are charging a bomb. Its got a haphazardly made concrete road which keeps curving left right up and down after every 20m. IMHO, still baner aundh ps wakad are better than hinjewadi.

In short, the problems in hinjewadi are more than "some other parts of the city". Agree that these problems are everywhere. It is about scale of the problems. just watch how the traffic jams worsen during rains.

>> If isnt available in Aundh and Baner then I dont need it :)

True. Agreed. I have never been to central city places in the last one year. I rarely ever need to go there for anything. In fact, I have not been to even MG road in last two years.
    CommentQuote
  • I have been reading a lot of posts about BR.Opinions are sharply divided.
    Those who like it see no defect and anti party see no advantage worth buying it for.
    But the conclusion I can make out is for some the advantages of an organised township outweigh the shortcomings.
    When RE purchases are always a matter of personal choices,decisions made for buying or not to buy needs no elaboration or defence.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Tangent
    this is really bad ..most IT companies have counsellors people should utilize their servicess ...this is second news (not in BR)i am hearing since last month ...

also somehow i am not comfortable with glass walls on terracess some how it spooks me
    especallialy on higher floor ... i would prefer a concerete walls on terraces on high rises

This is why I am very wary of renting to lonely bachelors, and prefer to meet and interview them hard before deciding whether to give the flat on rent. It's sad she decided to end her life so early, but it is even sadder for the home owner, whose investment of lifetime is unnecessarily tainted because of absolutely no fault of his.

Of course, this is assuming this was a suicide, and not any accident/crime.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lazybone007

If you are pretty sure, then you should test the petrol using filter test. Petrol pump retails are supposed to provide you the filter when requested. If you are not provided with a filter, you can complain to IOCL (1800-2333-555).

On a similar note, I track mileage on my car using the android app "Mileage". So, after moving to HJW, my mileage has improved as I'm no longer stuck in "stop and go" traffic. Not to mention, the frequency of fillup has reduced too.

Having said the above, I don't think that should be the criteria for selecting an area either. That is just some piece of information I'm sharing.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    If you are pretty sure, then you should test the petrol using filter test. Petrol pump retails are supposed to provide you the filter when requested. If you are not provided with a filter, you can complain to IOCL (1800-2333-555).

On a similar note, I track mileage on my car using the android app "Mileage". So, after moving to HJW, my mileage has improved as I'm no longer stuck in "stop and go" traffic. Not to mention, the frequency of fillup has reduced too.

Having said the above, I don't think that should be the criteria for selecting an area either. That is just some piece of information I'm sharing.

There is no need to get so defensive. I merely pointed out the malpractice happening in Hinjewadi. It may be happening at other places too, but is definitely happening in Hinjewadi. Also numerous complaints have been made by any people, but things are still the same. It was just for information. I dont hold that against BR in any way.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    You get full points for the sentence "I am more of the opinion that better infra be available to all rather than only the residents of a particular locality". The only problem is that our Govt. does not think that way. It is the other way round - first development and then infrastructure. Because of that, we consumers, have to take calculated risks when choosing areas.

The work that you are looking at in HJW, is part of a large project that was sanctioned last year. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to retrieve any project plan from anywhere, so hard to say whether it is planned correctly or not. Along with widening of the road, I would expect that the officials also get rid of the overhead cables so that they can get rid of those poles in the middle of the road when you turn left at HJW chowk. And it is also important to have a divider all the way to the chowk to prevent vehicles crossing the entire road.

Most of the traffic mess at the chowk is man made, caused because of reckless driving. There is not much you can do there. And if people think that this only happens in HJW, then I cannot change their opinion. Reminds me of Madonna's Frozen song

You only see what your eyes want to see
    How can life be what you want it to be
    You're frozen

Hello pnq2012,

>> And if people think that this only happens in HJW, then I cannot change their opinion

You are right. it is not true that it happens only in hjw. The scale at which this happens in hjw is boggling. it is a big town planning failure.

This is not opinion - this is first hand experience - the traffic jams at hjw are worse. It happens at other places, true.
    I have to plan my leaving office if I have some prior appointment. just the thought of leaving office at peak time depresses me.

>> You get full points for the sentence "I am more of the opinion that better infra be available to all rather than only the residents of a particular locality".

Thanks.. you understand what I am trying to say :)

Reg. the frozen track, that is the only track of hers that I liked. I prefer hard rock and progressive rock. Even some gothic when I am in the mood.
    CommentQuote
  • Friends, forget that petrol pump at HJW. There are many other where petrol is cheaper, be it at Punawale or near Ambegaon towards Katraj side.
    And why should BR residents bother about petrol when they are going to walk to work in anycase ?

Now here comes a bummer :-

The junk Cong-NCP before going to get kicked out from MH state in forthcoming elections has changed the township act. Now no longer 100 acres land is needed for township, & the builder can now keep only 10% open space which is half as said earlier in 2008. This means, builder will now construct more & much lesser open space for township residents.
    Overall, except for Magarpatta, I think all township buyers maybe in for a mess.
    As far as BR is concerned, who knows, that golf course too make way for commercial space in future, at the end of the day, buyers don't own the land, nor have any say in development.

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    As far as BR is concerned, who knows, that golf course too make way for commercial space in future

If that were to happen....it would be 1+ for those of us who classify their BR units in their books as also an "investment".
    CommentQuote
  • Dont really see the Golf course being used for Commercial spaces. I do feel there is a lot more money to be made running the club.
    and there is also the factor of maintaining the image of the project, especially since there is scope of another township being launched close-by.

BTW construction seems to be progressing in full swing. Half of the 5th floor seems almost complete of T22 and T23 .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by brres13
    Dont really see the Golf course being used for Commercial spaces. I do feel there is a lot more money to be made running the club.
    and there is also the factor of maintaining the image of the project, especially since there is scope of another township being launched close-by.

BTW construction seems to be progressing in full swing. Half of the 5th floor seems almost complete of T22 and T23 .

the money made in club is way less as compared to build another IT park or SEZ or EVEN a commercial building and give it on rent ... You never know these builders...
    there is no scope of any more addition to township launch and which big builder ever worried about the IMAGE ???? :bab (5):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

As far as BR is concerned, who knows, that golf course too make way for commercial space in future, at the end of the day, buyers don't own the land, nor have any say in development.

And that is the problem with the way things are governed in India. If the Govt. keeps changing rules like these, builders will tend to take advantage & buyers will suffer. And this is also because of buyer's demands to buy property near commercial spots. It is exactly the discussion I have been having in other forums that the main reason for such lack of planning is that we, buyers, expect everything close by. Why don't I see buyers demanding more recreation and parks instead of shops? They won't because by the end of the day, they care more about walking to stores than taking their kids to parks.

As far as BR is concerned, I wasn't a big fan of the golf course. I would have preferred a full fledged park with garden, play areas and walking tracks. But I'm probably the odd person out.

Originally Posted by brres13
    Dont really see the Golf course being used for Commercial spaces. I do feel there is a lot more money to be made running the club.

Agree with the money part but not sure if they have got a good response for the club. Anyone knows how many members have they signed till date? Things seemed to have slowed down a bit.

Originally Posted by kingkrunal
    the money made in club is way less as compared to build another IT park or SEZ or EVEN a commercial building and give it on rent ... You never know these builders...
    there is no scope of any more addition to township launch and which big builder ever worried about the IMAGE ???? :bab (5):

I don't think they can build a SEZ on the piece of golf course land. They probably do not have that much FSI. But I won't be surprised if they drop the idea of the dome shaped golf club with hotel and instead build a club with commercial shops & restaurants around it.

Anyways, we will know that soon as excavation work near the golf club has started.
    CommentQuote
  • So what does this new township policy have to say about FSI? Don't the FSI rules still apply? If there is no change in FSI as a part of this new township policy, I'm not sure how Blue Ridge could construct anything on the currently planned open spaces. I'm assuming that the current towers use up all the FSI that was available to Paranjpe. Builders do not provide open spaces out of the goodness in their hearts but usually because they have no more FSI available to them :)
    CommentQuote