Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
Reply
3909 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Agree pnq2012,

    I apply the same logic to Karve road - I dont understand why that place is so costly. I know it is 10000 plus, but is it really 20000? This is news to me.


    Some have been quoted at that price especially nearer to Deccan Gymkhana side. I know area between Karve road and Prabhat road is around 15K+ to even 18K. And possible that some of these are premium ones, not comparable to BR e.g. Paranjape's Punarvasu 5 BHK quoted for 7 cr+. Even if I had that much money, I don't think I would buy a 5 BHK in that area. But that is just me.

    And my issue is that newer places like Wakad, Balewadi, Baner are becoming another Karve road. E.g. wonder what the situation would be in Balewadi when the new IT park and mall comes up. There is still open land bought by builders waiting to develop more projects. What you see now in these areas will change drastically. And that is more concerning because there is no planning. How will PMC keep up with the growth as there is no control?
    CommentQuote
  • thats true :( for Prabhat road

    The area near prabhat road is for elite few ... 7cr + must be 4000-5000sqft flats with swimming pool,private lifts

    anyway most areas in pune have element of surprise ...you may never know what comes up in front of your building garbage depot,biogas plant or a small mall (which is actually a pain big due to noise,traffic and general pollution due to diesel generators )...
    BR has advantage that nothing unplanned will come up .... the feel is inside is BR was good when i had visited few mnths back ..had been to the school ...
    looks quite open and has un interrupted view
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Are you saying that BR is like the Mercedes of Real Estate ?

    Sirjee, with all due respect, It is paranjape .. not marvel or panchsheel or supreme. i have seen many projects of his on baner pashan link road. A person looking to buy the mercedes of real estate would rather go to KN or KP rather than BR.
    what next? cyrus poonawala shifting to BR ??




    Have said clearly that BR or Life are not Mercedes. Just using the example to convey the point that one can afford to be a monday morning quaterback as one does not have skin in the game.

    Marvel, panchsheel or supreme dont do such big townships but they are very good. Are we not comparing marvel rates with BR? Just visited Kharadi (again) yesterday and dont see why one has to be -ve about Hinjewadi. People complaining about social infra, physical infra, education, water etc need to do some visits to places like Kharadi.

    Kharadi is like 5-6 yrs behind Hinjewadi.
    CommentQuote
  • Yesterday I recorded a video depicting practical problems facing children playing on the approach road to the towers, sharing it with vehicles.

    Everyone must decide if this is OK for the money you pay.

    video-2014-06-05-18-59-29.mp4
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    Yesterday I recorded a video depicting practical problems facing children playing on the approach road to the towers, sharing it with vehicles.

    Everyone must decide if this is OK for the money you pay.

    video-2014-06-05-18-59-29.mp4


    Couple of things you should know
    - There are speed barriers in place to control the speed of a car approaching the tower entrance. In the video, I see that the car was approaching slowly. So my guess is that the speed barriers are in place.
    - Entry is restricted to the podium level between 5:00 PM & 8:00 PM. Now it is up to the security and residents to follow rules. Now, if it was between these hours, then it is the driver's fault.
    - There is separate entrance (other side of the cluster) which should be used. But people are lazy because they have to drive a block
    - There is ton of parking available in the basement but still people park on the podium level

    Also, what time did this happen? If it was between 5:00 & 8:00, you should have reported this incident to the office manager.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    Yesterday I recorded a video depicting practical problems facing children playing on the approach road to the towers, sharing it with vehicles.

    Everyone must decide if this is OK for the money you pay.

    video-2014-06-05-18-59-29.mp4



    Sirji you were standing there recording this thing!! Why not ask the security person to stop vehicles from approaching the ground level or stop the vehicles yourself?

    Cars and other vehicles should directly go into the parking as there are lifts from the parking. Why was this person bringing his/her car on this level?

    As just to point out this is what happens in all other societies. Atleast in BR there is a clear separation of parking and the skirt around the building. Whistling Palms also has a similar structure where the play area is above the parking.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    Couple of things you should know
    - There are speed barriers in place to control the speed of a car approaching the tower entrance. In the video, I see that the car was approaching slowly. So my guess is that the speed barriers are in place.
    - Entry is restricted to the podium level between 5:00 PM & 8:00 PM. Now it is up to the security and residents to follow rules. Now, if it was between these hours, then it is the driver's fault.
    - There is separate entrance (other side of the cluster) which should be used. But people are lazy because they have to drive a block
    - There is ton of parking available in the basement but still people park on the podium level

    Also, what time did this happen? If it was between 5:00 & 8:00, you should have reported this incident to the office manager.



    Yeah dont understand why folks are using the podium for entering the towers. The parking levels have access to lifts.

    Are the rates of BR supposed to come down cause a few folks living there are not following the logic? That way all houses in India should have -ve price :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    Yesterday I recorded a video depicting practical problems facing children playing on the approach road to the towers, sharing it with vehicles.

    Everyone must decide if this is OK for the money you pay.

    video-2014-06-05-18-59-29.mp4


    Your attempt to relate human stupidity with price one has to pay for a project is quite absurd. Tomorrow someone might commit theft in the SEZ so will the companies who operate from there go running to Paranjape and ask the rates to be reduced or will the lodge a complaint with the police. When chains are snatched from tony localities does that result in prices of RE falling in those areas?

    Here is a video of a tragic event that took place in Pimple Gurav - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIQu0b6oERg

    Are prices in Pimple Gurav lower due to tragic incident? If a few people dont follow rules and endanger others then the whole community should not suffer. Isnt that the basis of all laws and regulation that has ever been enacted in human history?
    CommentQuote
  • Defenders of BR:

    - It was within the curfew time as can be seen from the timestamp on the file
    - I did complain to concerned people about cars, multiple times

    Defenders are conveniently associating my gripe about value/price to stupidity of people and how they should be more responsible.

    The fact I try to highlight, and the one that has the bearing to value/cost is that for such premium society, there is no place for children to play and they are forced to use approach road.

    Yes you can put speed breakers and curfew times but that does not hide the fact that for Crore+ price of 3 BHK here, there is no real place for children to play.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal
    Your attempt to relate human stupidity with price one has to pay for a project is quite absurd. Tomorrow someone might commit theft in the SEZ so will the companies who operate from there go running to Paranjape and ask the rates to be reduced or will the lodge a complaint with the police. When chains are snatched from tony localities does that result in prices of RE falling in those areas?

    Here is a video of a tragic event that took place in Pimple Gurav - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIQu0b6oERg

    Are prices in Pimple Gurav lower due to tragic incident? If a few people dont follow rules and endanger others then the whole community should not suffer. Isnt that the basis of all laws and regulation that has ever been enacted in human history?


    I am relating value/cost to lack of space for children to play.

    You are relating it to people not following rules.

    Your example of theft is totally off the mark.

    My point is plain and simple: Is it justified that a premium project with above average price does not have dedicated areas for children to play such that they are forced to play on the approach road.
    CommentQuote
  • Someone commented that there are speed breakers and the car is moving slowly.

    Even a slow moving car can crush a child.

    Instead of going round and round, let me conclude the arguments and rest my case.

    If you feel that after paying 80+Lakhs for 2 BHK or Crore+ for 3 BHK it is OK for your children to play on approach road that mixes cars with children, then there is no problem with BR (See video posted by me in an earlier post)

    If you feel concerned about mixing cars with children, you should do in depth research in to BR before buying. Spend 2-3 days here before making decision.

    The situation is less severe for older towers 1-6. They have a small amphi-theatre area between towers 2-3 where children can safely play. If you kid is less than 10 years this should be OK.

    Even there, elders kids will not have place to play. Mixing elder kids with small ones wont work. If they play cricket or football there, they can hit the ball hard enough for the young ones to get hurt and parent to complain.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu

    My point is plain and simple: Is it justified that a premium project with above average price does not have dedicated areas for children to play such that they are forced to play on the approach road.


    Point noted and I agree that there needs to be a park. But like I said, this has been raised before & this is something that is in works. Buyers can take decision based on that.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    I am relating value/cost to lack of space for children to play.

    You are relating it to people not following rules.

    Your example of theft is totally off the mark.

    My point is plain and simple: Is it justified that a premium project with above average price does not have dedicated areas for children to play such that they are forced to play on the approach road.


    Why are these children playing on the approach road anyways? Isnt there space on the podium next to building 1 for playing? Isnt there a football stadium and isnt there a swimming pool?

    Or this a matter of parents wanting that their children play right in front of them where they can see them?

    One can go on complaining endlessly. There is no end. Today I ordered food from Greenpark. The hakka noddle was awesome but the singapore noodle was not that good. I am going to now go on some forum and start complaining that Greenpark should not charge 250 INR for chinese dishes.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal
    Why are these children playing on the approach road anyways? Isnt there space on the podium next to building 1 for playing? Isnt there a football stadium and isnt there a swimming pool?

    Or this a matter of parents wanting that their children play right in front of them where they can see them?

    One can go on complaining endlessly. There is no end. Today I ordered food from Greenpark. The hakka noddle was awesome but the singapore noodle was not that good. I am going to now go on some forum and start complaining that Greenpark should not charge 250 INR for chinese dishes.


    Go to JW Marriott on SB road and you wont have to complain :) the food there is great most of the times. The few times that it isnt great, it is not disappointing either. But if it isnt good, you should complain about Marriott on some forum. If Marriott is charging more, the expectations are higher.

    And we were being told that BR is like Mercedes. So when I buy a Mercedes, I would expect a higher standard, isnt it?

    Seems like buying in BR is like buying a Tata Nano for 10L !
    BR does have many positive points. So does Tata Nano.

    I was seriously considering BR at one point of time.
    But then I do not really think it is value for money.

    BR faces the same problems like Wakad or balewadi or Baner do. After a while , the charm of watching the golf course from the balcony wears off.. (told to me by my team mate who lives in BR as tenant)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Go to JW Marriott on SB road and you wont have to complain :) the food there is great most of the times. The few times that it isnt great, it is not disappointing either. But if it isnt good, you should complain about Marriott on some forum. If Marriott is charging more, the expectations are higher.

    And we were being told that BR is like Mercedes. So when I buy a Mercedes, I would expect a higher standard, isnt it?

    Seems like buying in BR is like buying a Tata Nano for 10L !
    BR does have many positive points. So does Tata Nano.

    I was seriously considering BR at one point of time.
    But then I do not really think it is value for money.

    BR faces the same problems like Wakad or balewadi or Baner do. After a while , the charm of watching the golf course from the balcony wears off.. (told to me by my team mate who lives in BR as tenant)


    Give this man a cookie..!!!!
    CommentQuote