Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3896 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • "Even there, elders kids will not have place to play. Mixing elder kids with small ones wont work. If they play cricket or football there, they can hit the ball hard enough for the young ones to get hurt and parent to complain.""
    Play area for children within societies is a big issue.This aspect is given scant attention.
    Lack of space is one constraint as all areas are used up for buildings,car parks even game facilities like tennis etc.
    It is difficult to provide cricket ground etc in present circumstances.Lack of play space hampers children's growth-intellectually,group dynamics etc.
    They become Ipad or tablet addicts and put on weight etc.
    Many parents want children to be playing under their eyes due to safety issues.
    Reconciling all these demands is difficult.
    Nearby open grounds need to used.
    In Dhanori open grounds which are left get used by football players on holidays.
    In two years probably these grounds will also be buildings.
    The issue of play grounds will remain unsolved to full satisfaction anyway.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Go to JW Marriott on SB road and you wont have to complain :) the food there is great most of the times. The few times that it isnt great, it is not disappointing either. But if it isnt good, you should complain about Marriott on some forum. If Marriott is charging more, the expectations are higher.

So the cost of food there is 60% more than green park. See the problem? U pay 4500 in wakad and 6000 in BR and then u pay 60% more of 6000 which is 10000 in say aundh or kothrud.

People are complaining as if there is no bubble in RE. They seem to forget value for money concept has died in Indian RE many yrs back.

And we were being told that BR is like Mercedes. So when I buy a Mercedes, I would expect a higher standard, isnt it?

Seems like buying in BR is like buying a Tata Nano for 10L !
    BR does have many positive points. So does Tata Nano.

BR is no Merc and its no Nano. We are talking about Indian RE so there is no standard or definition of quality. Builders will sell what people will buy. Now if someone is not happy with BR then their unhappiness or cribing is justified if they are getting a better quality somewhere else at same or lower cost. When other projects are worse than BR then whats the point of cribbing?

I was seriously considering BR at one point of time.
    But then I do not really think it is value for money.

BR faces the same problems like Wakad or balewadi or Baner do. After a while , the charm of watching the golf course from the balcony wears off.. (told to me by my team mate who lives in BR as tenant)

Why r u buying RE in India? Rent it and invest your money outside the country. Why participate in the bubble?
    CommentQuote
  • Few Months ago, when I wan trying to buy a 2BHK, a broker had shown me the smaller type 2BHKs (area ~ 1050 - 1080 sq.ft) at a price of 73.5 Lakhs. These are the ones numbers xx02 in Towers 9-14. At the time I had out-right rejected that as the price being ridiculously high. The broker had tried to convince me that BR is a "Premium" complex and that these are base prices and the prices will only go higher. In his opinion this was actually an excellent deal and the owner was making a "distress" sale as he needed the money quickly.

2-3 weeks later, the broker called me and said price could be negotiated in 71-72 Lakhs bracket. I had reject that too. Post that I stopped trying to buy at BR due to ridiculous prices.

Today I checked on 99acres and I see a flat with similar specs listed at 69L.

And remember that these are asking prices, deals (if at all they take place) will definitely be below these prices (unless a buyer is stupid enough to negotiate prices upwards of the asking price)

I guess prices at BR are starting to move towards a more reasonable range.

Anyone planning to buy for end use should track prices closely.

My guideline for fair value is a rate of Rs 5250 psf on the saleable area mentioned in agreement. Try and negotiate agressively as close to this value as possible. Be prepared to walk away from deals if needed. If broker says that flats are selling at higher prices, challenge the broker to let you talk to anyone who bought at higher prices in person. You can judge reality from the way he responds.

DISCLAIMER: Real estate does not necessarily sell close to fair value. You must apply your discretion as per your disposition and need/urgency.

Another thing to keep in mind when you track prices on property portals is that agents/brokers quote inflated/fictitious areas on these sites so that the rates appear lower. These areas are not real and not mentioned in the agreement. You should only consider saleable area mentioned in Agreement.

Another guide for people looking out for rentals.

The larger 2BHKs (1256 saleable area) are in 13-14K per month range and 3BHKs are in 17-18K per month range. (With kitchen trolleys and no other furniture). Walk away from anything higher unless there is lot of furniture provided as per your need.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal
    So the cost of food there is 60% more than green park. See the problem? U pay 4500 in wakad and 6000 in BR and then u pay 60% more of 6000 which is 10000 in say aundh or kothrud.

People are complaining as if there is no bubble in RE. They seem to forget value for money concept has died in Indian RE many yrs back.

BR is no Merc and its no Nano. We are talking about Indian RE so there is no standard or definition of quality. Builders will sell what people will buy. Now if someone is not happy with BR then their unhappiness or cribing is justified if they are getting a better quality somewhere else at same or lower cost. When other projects are worse than BR then whats the point of cribbing?

Why r u buying RE in India? Rent it and invest your money outside the country. Why participate in the bubble?

>> They seem to forget value for money concept has died in Indian RE many yrs back

Sad. That's the problem.
    Paranjape has average construction quality as per his past projects. This BR is better than his past projects but nothing close to the marvel panchsheel supreme kind of rates he is demanding.

Amenities are not everything , how much are you going to use them. Floor plan is average, nothing premium or Merc-ish abt it.

And you have already paid for the carpet area that is unusable due to slanted walls? Any architecture student will tell you about wasted spaces...

>> Rent it and invest your money outside the country. Why participate in the bubble?

Wahi... kahaan. For RE I can get a loan for a home at least. just need to find a good deal.
    CommentQuote
  • Sat234,

You kind of like BR but the price….right?
    So what’s next?

Whether you buy at BR or some other random project or somewhere in interior Pune…….tomorrow you ARE going to pay MORE than today ( adjusted for inflation ).....for products at inferior locations.

Boom due to the new government’s expected pro-business and pro-developments, pro-infrastructure policies……will most likely make... waiting... a losing game for vast majority of future RE buyers ( baring small group who manages to stay in rentals while their returns in stocks beat inevitable price rise.... in their desired projects ) .
    CommentQuote
  • Linking a post from KUL Ecoloch thread here as it could be relevant to BR too.

http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/1152361-post283.html
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Superduper
    Sat234,

You kind of like BR but the price….right?
    So what’s next?

Whether you buy at BR or some other random project or somewhere in interior Pune…….tomorrow you ARE going to pay MORE than today ( adjusted for inflation ).....for products at inferior locations.

Boom due to the new government’s expected pro-business and pro-developments, pro-infrastructure policies……will most likely make... waiting... a losing game for vast majority of future RE buyers ( baring small group who manages to stay in rentals while their returns in stocks beat inevitable price rise.... in their desired projects ) .

Kind of like = more like ambivalence

>> tomorrow you ARE going to pay MORE than today ( adjusted for inflation ).....for products at inferior locations.

That might very well be true. But looking at the overheating till 2013 the graph will be slow.

That might very well be true. But looking at the overheating till 2013 the graph will be slow.

CommentQuote

Family members hammered "just wait few months and prices are sure to soften" on me and dear wife before we booked at BR in mid-2011. Prices charged by builder now are about 50% higher than when we booked ( haven't gotten delivery of the unit yet ).

Now the same family members who were asking me to wait......are also revealing what they bought around the same time and may be a little bit later. Oh well...well...!!;)
    CommentQuote
  • After close to 2 months at BR I see that the township 24x7 power backup does work well. I have not seen any power outages yet.
    CommentQuote
  • I had earlier theorized that the structure of the BR building has privacy issues. Today two events occured that confirmed the issue. I guess the practical issues did not crop up earlier as many neighbours on the floor above/below were out on vacation and now everyone is back since school has started.

Event 1.
    I was driking water in the kitchen. The Dry balcony door of the 3 BHK on same floor was open. A man came out from the bathroom with towel wrapped around him. From my kitchen there is a direct view of anyone coming out of the bathroom. He saw me and was embarassed and ran in to the adjoining bedroom. unfortunately for him the bedroom curtains were open and there is a direct view in to the bedroom too. Poor fellow couldn;t figure out what to do and then ran in to the other bedroom. Not that I wanted to stare, but was more taken in by the fact that the distance is so close that he couldn;t have been more than 10 meters away. The coverse effect is that they can see clearly in to 80% of the kitchen and if the dry balcony is open, they can clearly see in to 100% of the dining area and 60& of living area. The killer privacy factor is the distance. It is too close. I can make out which electric buttons on the far side of the bedroom on the floor below are on/off without even trying to strain the eyes.
    Strong advise to people living in the 3BHKs. Ensure that the slotted/slanted glass window of the bathroom adjoining the dry balcony is tightly closed. Otherwise you will be providing a free show to anyone in the kithcen of the 2BHK on the same floor opposite you.

Event 2.
    I came up from the gym and was searching for the clothes to wear for office in the wardrode in my bedroom. The guy in the 3BHK on the floor above me was in his balcony and looking right in to my bedroom. My friend lives 6 floors above him so I know he can see 80% of the bedroom. The guy two floors above me can see 30% of the bedroom.

WHen people were out on vacation, I used to keep the curtains of the bedroom open most of the day to enjoy the clear view out to the golf course from the balcony+the cross ventilation. Now I have advised wife and kids to keep the master bed curtain closed.
    Ditto for the dry balcony door. I used to keep it open because of excellent ventillation it provided. IN fact I did not have to put on the fan most of the time. Now I need to keep it closed.

The only houses who do not have privacy issues are the smaller 2BHKs numbered xx02. But then that is because the do not have any cross ventilation. All windows on one side only, overlooking the road.
    CommentQuote
  • >> He saw me and was embarassed and ran in to the adjoining bedroom.

Sure that was a man :D why would he run otherwise.

On a serious note, probably he too did not expect that the flat opp him is rented out now when he came back.
    realAcres had posted some pictures many posts ago - highlighting the same privacy problem.

My friend lives in a 3bhk in Tower 1,2,3 block , and faces the golf course directly. Since the flats are at an angle to each other, the adjoining balcony can look into my friends living room balcony sideways. But they dont have any problems, both are bachelor tenants :)
    CommentQuote
    >> He saw me and was embarassed and ran in to the adjoining bedroom.

Sure that was a man :D why would he run otherwise.

On a serious note, probably he too did not expect that the flat opp him is rented out now when he came back.
    realAcres had posted some pictures many posts ago - highlighting the same privacy problem.

My friend lives in a 3bhk in Tower 1,2,3 block , and faces the golf course directly. Since the flats are at an angle to each other, the adjoining balcony can look into my friends living room balcony sideways. But they dont have any problems, both are bachelor tenants :)

I guess for Bachelors it wouldn't be a big deal.

All family folks need to be extremely careful.
    CommentQuote
  • Such kind of privacy issues are common in flats.
    What you talk or cook in the kitchen can easily be known to your neighbour.
    He may land up a free meal.;)

These kind of privacy issues only become known when you start staying.
    Good curtains would make these concerns lesser.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vaibav123
    Such kind of privacy issues are common in flats.

This is not true. Privacy issues within flats of the same Building are NOT common. I saw many projects when I was house hunting but did not find any that had such issues.

Yes, balconies of adjacent building could face each other, but the distance is usually much larger between building than flats in same building.

The distances involved here at less than 10 meters. everything is cleary visible.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    Looks like you have come from village recently...get used to city life soon...and start appreciating that one is not supposed to roam in balconies naked...(half or full )

and my question to you still remains same...why are you not shifting from BR in spite of facing almost all conceivable issue....in fact the way you PRODUCE issues every now and then...I wont be surprised to find out that you work for another builder...

hope your concern on bridge from KUL via BR is addressed...it was a HOAX created by you....amazing that being a tenant (probably for few years max) ...you seemed more worried than actual owners :bab (59):

It seems a common strategy of BR defenders to personally attack anyone who dare criticize BR.

I am born and brought up in Mumbai. So I have not come FROM a village, but TO a (relative) village.

Regarding HOAX of KUL/BR bridge, you need to re-read my post. It was a question to confirm if it was a bridge or something else. It was later clarified in subsequent posts by other members. That is the purpose of discussion forums ... to discuss.

It is sad that you do not appreciate view points of people who have a divergent viewpoint to your own.
    CommentQuote