Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3921 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by suamuni
    Hello owners of flat in tower 10,

Have you guys started taking possession?

My Dad went to see so called finished flat and found many issues with it?

Who is the best person get them sorted? Are you guys happy with your finished flat?

Thanks

Hello suamuni - My flat is in tower 9; I took possession of the flat in first week of July. I prepared a snag list of all issues I found and submitted the list to the caretaker for tower 9. These issues were fixed promptly (in about 2 days). Major ones were grouting between the tiles, missing bathroom glass, broken tiles, and gaps in external plaster of balcony walls. Minor issues such as a hairline crack in tile was also taken care of by replacing with new tiles. The balcony grill and portions of balcony wall were also repainted for both balconies. Overall had a decent experience. I am yet to move in and when I do so I may face a few issues that I have not figured out yet.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by blueridget9
    Hello suamuni - My flat is in tower 9; I took possession of the flat in first week of July. I prepared a snag list of all issues I found and submitted the list to the caretaker for tower 9. These issues were fixed promptly (in about 2 days). Major ones were grouting between the tiles, missing bathroom glass, broken tiles, and gaps in external plaster of balcony walls. Minor issues such as a hairline crack in tile was also taken care of by replacing with new tiles. The balcony grill and portions of balcony wall were also repainted for both balconies. Overall had a decent experience. I am yet to move in and when I do so I may face a few issues that I have not figured out yet.

Hi Blueridget9,

Many thanks for your reply.we are experience similar kind of issues so they are very common then..are you satisfied that the finished flat is same standard as the show home/flat of course w/o interior ?
    CommentQuote
  • If you are taking possession of your flat, check the following items:

-Pressure of water in taps. if it as expected?

-Check sinks. Open tap in full force and see if water goes out as expected or accumulates. Check kitchen sink and both bathrooms this way.

-Empty two buckets of water in the washing machine drain or dry balcony. Does water flow out? if not when the washng machine dumps out the water you will have a mess in the dry balcony.

-Check slopes. Empty 2-3 buckets of water in the balconies and bathrooms. The water should flow smoothly towards the drain and clear out in few minutes without forming puddles. In the balconies, no water should be left in the middle. In the bathrooms, no water should accumulate under the commode.

-Check seal of kitchen sink. Pur water carefully on the seal between the steel kitchen sink and the black stone. no water should leak below the sink.

-Check electrical connections and ground. You get a small device to check it for less than Rs 100. It has three lights on it. plug it in and switch on. The combination of which lights glow shows the correctness of the connections.

-Check car park. Do you see water on the floor of the covered park? Many time the pipes on the ceiling of the park leak drops of water on the car that form white marks on the car.

-Check for leaks. Check if new coat of paint was applied to hide water marks.

-Check the smoke detectors, are they active? do you see a blinking light on them?

-Does the Honeywell security unit work? Can you call the guard on it? can he hear you? (The call from guard to your house mostly works)

-How is the tiling throughout the house? is the grouting between the tiles good? are the tiles level?

-Is the wood veneer in the mater bed good? do you see gaps? also check skirting.

-Are the toilet flushes working? if the work, do they refill properly? or do they leak?
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks SHB good solid comprehensive and practical info.
    CommentQuote
  • sudhashbahu,
    +1.

Add to it that one should carry a multimeter & check whether the voltage & current in all sockets is constant.
    I know cases where there is big difference between the readings in 2 sockets in same room (in couple of other projects though). Also check if there is any leakage of current (this happens when live comes in contact with neutral wire). Best is to take along a good electrician alongwith you.

This is critical as the electrical wiring is concealed, later on it becomes a pain to do it yourself.
    CommentQuote
  • I've attached a checklist for Home inspection. Some points don't apply to Indian homes so just mark those as NA and check everything else. I found the list quite comprehensive

~D
    CommentQuote
  • Does anyone have the latest photos/status of T22-23? The website still has from June - Site Progress - Blue Ridge - Site Progress - June2014.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Mansa123
    Does anyone have the latest photos/status of T22-23? The website still has from June - Site Progress - Blue Ridge - Site Progress - June2014.

Here you go ...
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the pic.

The Tower 22-23 are certainly coming up pretty rapidly!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    Here you go ...

Thanks for the picture.
    CommentQuote
    Here you go ...

Do you also have a picture of T20-21? - Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • The other tower under construction. Not sure what number that is ...
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    The other tower under construction. Not sure what number that is ...

Thanks. This is T20-21.
    CommentQuote
  • Is that brown colored water body behind the buildings the so called river?
    CommentQuote
  • The river Mula swelled last week after some heavy rains. Some of the nearby fields got submerged in water. The Blue Ridge beach area & boat club section was completely submerged as seen in this photo. (In the backdrop you see KUL Ecoloch buildings)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote