Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3896 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by lazybone007
    Is that brown colored water body behind the buildings the so called river?

Thats correct.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    The river Mula swelled last week after some heavy rains. Some of the nearby fields got submerged in water. The Blue Ridge beach area & boat club section was completely submerged as seen in this photo. (In the backdrop you see KUL Ecoloch buildings)

wow! thats a lot of flooding... I wonder if in some years with more rains the water would submerge the underground car park of the towers in line with the river..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by humble_guy
    wow! thats a lot of flooding... I wonder if in some years with more rains the water would submerge the underground car park of the towers in line with the river..

Hopefully not. The towers are on higher ground. The riverside walk and the peripheral road would get flooded first before the water gets high enough to reach the towers. Based on what the slope looks like when standing next to the river, the farmland towards KUL ecoloch seems to be where the water would go if indeed the flooding was well above the danger mark. I may be wrong because my views are just based on what it "looked" like and I dont have any hard facts to back this assumption.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • Interesting. It would be good to inquire from the engineering team on how they have designed to care for flooding of basement parking etc.
    CommentQuote
  • The riverside road is well above the water level that you see in the picture. If water gets on the road, then most of the nearby areas will be under water. It will be catastrophic natural disaster as much of the neighboring villages along the river & parts of Pune city will be under water, including the highway. And that can only happen if the water overflows the Mulshi dam, which is highly unlikely. But, if that ever happens, then the towers 18-23 basement could get flooded. Should not affect other towers as they are uphill on a slope.

I did hear that some parts of Balewadi & Wakad were submerged in water when the water rose. There are quite a few low line areas in Pune city that are always prone to flooding when it rains for 2-3 days continuously.

Mula flood water enters houses - The Times of India

Pune records 83 mm rainfall in 24 hours | The Indian Express
    CommentQuote
    The river Mula swelled last week after some heavy rains. Some of the nearby fields got submerged in water. The Blue Ridge beach area & boat club section was completely submerged as seen in this photo. (In the backdrop you see KUL Ecoloch buildings)

Thanks for the pic & man its looks indeed threatening. Hope BR has built high retaining walls here.

Mansa123,
    No idea about BR but their Baner-Pashan link rd project, Magnolia had been flooded with lots of water in basement.

Anyways, it is always better to be atleast 1km away from water bodies like river, stream, sea, pond etc. & also from highways. With lot of landslides in India this year, I doubt how safe it is to stay even near hills, given that Pune falls in high earthquake zone.

Sad part is big buildings come up even in red & blue zone & no one bothers about it, pay bribe & get rid of rules. Same is case with tall buildings along NH4 highway bypass, from Wakad to Katraj just see buildings bang on highway. :o
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Thanks for the pic & man its looks indeed threatening. Hope BR has built high retaining walls here.

Mansa123,
    No idea about BR but their Baner-Pashan link rd project, Magnolia had been flooded with lots of water in basement

It also depends on other factors..parking in omega paradise was covered in water during heavy rains couple of weeks back due to overflowing nullah..many cars were damaged

Sent from my A90 using Indian Real Estate Forum mobile app
    CommentQuote
  • Over 10 consecutive days without water issues at tower 14. Looks like they finally addressed the root cause.
    CommentQuote
  • Friends, as far as BR is concerned, understand that Pune city is at a lower elevation than Hinjewadi and Mulshi lake. That is why the river Mula flows from Mulshi lake (near Lonavala) via BR, Wakad, Balewadi, Bopodi, Khadki before meeting Mutha river in Sangamwadi (hence the name 'Sangam' (union). I was surprised yesterday when one of our BR residents thought the other way round - that is the water is flowing from the city to "some place else" via BR. So we definitely do not want to think about BR getting flooded as the consequence would be catastrophic.

BR does have a retaining wall along the river and around the underground parking lots. The BR architect team is from Hong Kong & Shanghai, so I would expect them to know better.
    CommentQuote
    Friends, as far as BR is concerned, understand that Pune city is at a lower elevation than Hinjewadi and Mulshi lake. That is why the river Mula flows from Mulshi lake (near Lonavala) via BR, Wakad, Balewadi, Bopodi, Khadki before meeting Mutha river in Sangamwadi (hence the name 'Sangam' (union). I was surprised yesterday when one of our BR residents thought the other way round - that is the water is flowing from the city to "some place else" via BR. So we definitely do not want to think about BR getting flooded as the consequence would be catastrophic.

BR does have a retaining wall along the river and around the underground parking lots. The BR architect team is from Hong Kong & Shanghai, so I would expect them to know better.

he he

Dont be surprised to know that even some deeply conerned RE experts here also think the same :bab (59):
    CommentQuote
    Friends, as far as BR is concerned, understand that Pune city is at a lower elevation than Hinjewadi and Mulshi lake. That is why the river Mula flows from Mulshi lake (near Lonavala) via BR, Wakad, Balewadi, Bopodi, Khadki before meeting Mutha river in Sangamwadi (hence the name 'Sangam' (union). I was surprised yesterday when one of our BR residents thought the other way round - that is the water is flowing from the city to "some place else" via BR. So we definitely do not want to think about BR getting flooded as the consequence would be catastrophic.

PNQ, you are right. A lot many parts of Pune would be submerged along with BR. And even if then I think it could be the newer towers that would be affected first. Towers 1-14 should be OK.
    CommentQuote

You are right and I wouldn't be concerned about this. For further reasoning, trace the path of Mula river on Google maps, originating from Mulshi lake into Pune and further. Also notice the population residing along the Mula-Mutha river.
    CommentQuote
  • Yesterday I had some guests over to our place and I showed them around BR. They were suitably impressed by the river-side green area and the golf course and the garden/plants along the road.

However coming back towards the school, when i turned at the fountain, the guests remarked: Why are people drying their clothes on the public facade of such a posh colony? Looks so ugly!

I looked up and realized that the public facade of Towers 12/13/14 really did look ugly with clothes fluterring around in the balconies.

And I also noticed that the clothes were in a straight vertical line.

It struck me then ... the people in in the 2 BHK flats numbered xx02 were putting their laundry on public show.

Why?

These flats to not have a dry balcony. The only balcony is the public facing one attached to the living room. Poor folks have no options, especially as clothes dry slower in the rainy season.

I met a resident of a xx02 flat in the evening and told him my observation. He agreed and added his perspective.

It is actually extremely embarassing to these residents, first to put their laundry on the public facade and second more important point, the clothes are on display to guests when sitting in the living room. Very embarassing when you have female underwear drying. So now before guests arrive, they first make it a point to remove all underclothes even if wet and keep them aside.

The occupancy in towers 9-14 was low. However as it is steadily increasing this problem is becoming more noticeable.

Not sure why Paranajpe did not think if this. And I guess the people who bought these flats missed it too? or probably they don't mean to stay there themselves so dosen't matter to them.
    CommentQuote
  • Awesome weather in Pune now
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote