Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3921 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • 87 lakhs agreement value for 2 bhk is just wishful thinking of investors/owners.

You should be able to get one for less.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    87 lakhs agreement value for 2 bhk is just wishful thinking of investors/owners.

You should be able to get one for less.

thats for new bookings.....not expecting that it is the case is wishful thinking
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realbr
    Don't rely on MagicBricks or 99Acres to discover correct price. Lot of brokers put fake prices and fake property to generate leads.

agree...often they will just quote a very low rate just to generate
    potential leads ( bot buyer as well as rent seeker)...but when you approach them...they will talk of all other costs etc
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All,

I recently received a mail from BR asking me if I need to do any enhancements to the superstructure of my flat.

Here is what I have thought about:
    1. Increasing the height of the kitchen platform to 3 feet to accommodate dish washer.
    2. At least one universal outlet per room.
    3. Mosquito nets for balconies & windows (worried about the BR quality on these).
    4. Exit for chimney. Not sure if it provided by default. Apparently they do have an exhaust fan.

Bit surprised that BR does not allow grills on balconies.

Any inputs on the above points or additional suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,
    Rahul
    CommentQuote
  • Bit surprised that BR does not allow grills on balconies.

It is a fir safety requirement. grill sw ill prevent exit in case of fire.
    Fire engines with ladders need to have balconies free without blockages to ensure exit-in event of fire.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahulgavande
    Hi All,

I recently received a mail from BR asking me if I need to do any enhancements to the superstructure of my flat.

1. Increasing the height of the kitchen platform to 3 feet to accommodate dish washer.
    3. Mosquito nets for balconies & windows (worried about the BR quality on these).
    4. Exit for chimney. Not sure if it provided by default. Apparently they do have an exhaust fan.

Thanks,
    Rahul

Kitchen does not have exhaust fan by default. In fact there is no provision for it. My land lord had bough exhaust fan for kitchen but could not install it. The window frame should have provided a place like in the bathrooms. Please ask for these provisions.

Determine where you are going to keep TV, sofa, beds etc and check if the required electrical outlets are in suitable position. If needed specify where you need them.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahulgavande
    Hi All,

Thanks,
    Rahul

As far as I know, they are asking about structural changes, mosquito nets, plug point types will come in the finishing stage.
    I opted for a desi dishwasher solution I.e. a separate sink and piping in the dry balcony for storage and hand cleaning of dirty dishes This also included shifting the pipes for the washing machine.

Apart from this, asked for a larger switch board for 2 extra sockets next to TV in living room and concealed wiring for home theatre surround speakers in living room.

They lay the electrical and water pipes as part of the superstructure so these are the things to look at right now (I believe that includes the kitchen slab height). This also included shifting the pipes for the washing machine.

Apart from this, asked for a larger switch board for 2 extra sockets next to TV in living room and concealed wiring for home theatre surround speakers in living room.

They lay the electrical and water pipes as part of the superstructure so these are the things to look at right now (I believe that includes the kitchen slab height).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    Kitchen does not have exhaust fan by default. In fact there is no provision for it. My land lord had bough exhaust fan for kitchen but could not install it. The window frame should have provided a place like in the bathrooms. Please ask for these provisions.

Determine where you are going to keep TV, sofa, beds etc and check if the required electrical outlets are in suitable position. If needed specify where you need them.

That's strange, the layout drawings sent by BR include the exhausts in kitchen as well as all bathrooms as well as the electrical switch locations for these. Will take this up with them when I speak to BR next time around.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bigbloodyt
    That's strange, the layout drawings sent by BR include the exhausts in kitchen as well as all bathrooms as well as the electrical switch locations for these. Will take this up with them when I speak to BR next time around.

Kitchen window frame does not have provision for exhaust, at least not in the towers I have seen.

The electrical outlets are there, but they may not be in a position to suit where you wish to place things. BR has provided the points in proper position but I have seen people place bed on opposite side to be "vastu complaint". The bed then covers the electrical points.
    CommentQuote
  • I opted to not have the kitchen platform installed at all. That gives you/the interior designers complete freedom while building the modular kitchen. You will also know the exact height of the appliances you need to install at that time (for eg. Cooking range, etc.) and select the appropriate counter tops (type of granite, and so on). BR will refund the cost of the kitchen platform if you chose to do so.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks all, for those good inputs.

@Vaibhav123
    New bldgs are required to have every fifth floor from above the parking with some open space in case of a fire emergency.
    You can check that BR has separate designs for 8th, 13th, 18th, 23rd & 28th floor in every tower to accommodate this requirement.
    Grills will not only help safety of people inside the house but most likely prevent things falling on people standing below.

-Rahul
    CommentQuote
  • Grills are a must, not just for safety, but for protection of the house members. I remember reading that a girl committed suicide from her flat in BR, which was very unfortunate for the landlord. Due to no mistake of his, his flat got tarnished name. So I feel as a deterrent for crazy renters, grills are must.

Suggestion of not installing kitchen platform and getting money refunded is excellent. If possible, don't put the dado tiles behind the platform as well. It costs money to remove them later to match with your kitchen design.

If possible, make granite frames for all windows/door sills with no doors. It looks great, and very easy to clean.

Take under the platform water connection for kitchen sink. This will enable you to place sink anywhere. If the water input pipe comes in above the platform, then you will have to center the sink around it only.

Get 2 kitchen platforms as stated above. One is primary, and second in service balcony is service platform for maids/cleaning non-veg foods.

Get water connections for Dish washer/washing machine/plants in balcony etc as needed. Later it will be very hard to get it done.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TheTruth
    Grills are a must, not just for safety, but for protection of the house members. I remember reading that a girl committed suicide from her flat in BR, which was very unfortunate for the landlord. Due to no mistake of his, his flat got tarnished name. So I feel as a deterrent for crazy renters, grills are must.

Suggestion of not installing kitchen platform and getting money refunded is excellent. If possible, don't put the dado tiles behind the platform as well. It costs money to remove them later to match with your kitchen design.

If possible, make granite frames for all windows/door sills with no doors. It looks great, and very easy to clean.

Take under the platform water connection for kitchen sink. This will enable you to place sink anywhere. If the water input pipe comes in above the platform, then you will have to center the sink around it only.

Get 2 kitchen platforms as stated above. One is primary, and second in service balcony is service platform for maids/cleaning non-veg foods.

Get water connections for Dish washer/washing machine/plants in balcony etc as needed. Later it will be very hard to get it done.

Thanks TheTruth.

Can you please share a snap of the window frames so I can an idea about it?

-Rahul
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote

• in same news

In its order passed last week, the bench, however, said that the circular is "not applicable retrospectively" and would have no impact on any cases pending before any green tribunal.
    CommentQuote