Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3896 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • one needs to careful with agent ads they often mis represent deliberately and i think in BR there might be lot of variation depending on floor and view and size of the flat .... many agent put only base price ... taxes + commission will add bwtween 5-8L
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    July 2012- BR base rates were 5200 psf + extra

October 2014 - 6200 psf + extra

so it barely managed to meet FD returns in last two years

reward not commensurate to risk

i think the 2014 spoiled the party for builders ... most bulders didnt raise rates for 6-7 months

while 2012 saw major jump ...
    CommentQuote
  • Any idea on the resale rates for the compact 2bhk in blue ridge?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mithunsainan
    Any idea on the resale rates for the compact 2bhk in blue ridge?

You can use 6200/sq.ft rate on Saleable area mentioned on agreement as the baseline for agreement value. Beyond that it depends on your negotiating skills.

I am not sure what that area is for the compact 2BHKs.

If you are looking for an investment, then it is fine to book the compact 2BHK. However if you are looking for own use, be informed that there are several challenges:
    - No cross ventilation. All openings are on one side.
    - No dry balcony
    - Clothes need to be dried in balcony attached to hall and visible to guests

You should speak to someone living in such flat before you go ahead.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    You can use 6200/sq.ft rate on Saleable area mentioned on agreement as the baseline for agreement value. Beyond that it depends on your negotiating skills.

I am not sure what that area is for the compact 2BHKs.

If you are looking for an investment, then it is fine to book the compact 2BHK. However if you are looking for own use, be informed that there are several challenges:
    - No cross ventilation. All openings are on one side.
    - No dry balcony
    - Clothes need to be dried in balcony attached to hall and visible to guests

You should speak to someone living in such flat before you go ahead.

isn't seller going to add some extra premium for -
    1. all other charges buyer would pay if he/she goes via builder
    2. ready possession whereas with builder you get under constructions

with builder, some advantages are -
    1. choice of apartment, views etc.
    2. you don't need to take loan from day 1 if it's under construction. however if it's RTM then this is void.
    3. sense of security in entire transaction

my intention is to discuss and understand why still investors flat (resale flat) sells cheaper??
    CommentQuote
  • Today I visited a colleagues house in Tower 9 for lunch.

On entry to his house I was surprised to see a large pipe running across the wall near the door. It was a large pipe, the kind of pipe you expect to see outside but never within a house. I asked him about it and he informed that for new Towers (9-10-11), it became mandatory to have fire sprinkler system inside the house. Since building was constructed, Paranjape added the piping for the sprinkler system later. Though god only know why he chose to do it in such an ugly way.

It seems different houses are affected differently and diameters of pipes also vary.

Anyone who has booked in the under-construction towers should confirm if they will be affected similary for the sprinkler system or they have already taken care of concealing it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TheTruth
    PNQ Why this Kolavari? I have used that website a lot of times, and I know many people who do so regularly. Sure it is not as good as it could be, but it has eased the work by a great extent.

Sorry, no excuses here. If it is not good, it is no good.

Looking at the amount of revenue that gets generated due to property deals, our Govt. first need to make their sites more user friendly. Same case with the Income Tax site. Getting the TDS thing working was a pain. It was a nightmare. Firstly, they implemented the 1% TDS rule and took them 6 months to make the site work.

Having said that, the Govt's website has got a good makeover after Modi took office. It is a good read for now. Hopefully, it reaches the masses. For those who haven't checked, here is the link

MyGov: A Platform for Citizen Engagement towards Good Governance in India
    CommentQuote
  • I heard that maintenance charges in BR Unit B (Towers 9-14) have been increased dramatically. Around 50% for 2 BHK and around 35% for 3BHK+.

Sounds too much to me. Can anyone confirm?
    CommentQuote
    I heard that maintenance charges in BR Unit B (Towers 9-14) have been increased dramatically. Around 50% for 2 BHK and around 35% for 3BHK+.

Sounds too much to me. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, that is correct. This was expected as the old rate of 1.83/sq. feet for society expenses, which was set by the builder in 2008, was never going to be enough. Most of it goes into the sinking fund and repair fund. That itself amounts to 1.0/sq. ft. Thanks to the society by-laws. Add in insurance - takes it to 1.5/sq.ft. So now tell me - can you run the society with remaining 0.33/sq. ft?

Another major reason is also because the new towers (9-11) still haven't been handed over to the society. As more residents take possession things should ease a bit. Also note that society does not get maintenance from the builder on any unsold flats. This is as per our great Govt's rules - builder is not liable to pay maintenance charges on unsold flats. This account to some 20% of flats, around 60+ in towers 9-14.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    Yes, that is correct. This was expected as the old rate of 1.83/sq. feet for society expenses, which was set by the builder in 2008, was never going to be enough. Most of it goes into the sinking fund and repair fund. That itself amounts to 1.0/sq. ft. Thanks to the society by-laws. Add in insurance - takes it to 1.5/sq.ft. So now tell me - can you run the society with remaining 0.33/sq. ft?

Another major reason is also because the new towers (9-11) still haven't been handed over to the society. As more residents take possession things should ease a bit. Also note that society does not get maintenance from the builder on any unsold flats. This is as per our great Govt's rules - builder is not liable to pay maintenance charges on unsold flats. This account to some 20% of flats, around 60+ in towers 9-14.

Thanks for Confirming. However most owners say they are paying ~Rs 3/sq.ft currently, not Rs 1.83/sq.ft.

Interesting to note that 20% of flats in Towers 9-14 are unsold. So roughly 140 flats there are unsold.

Looks like supply exceeds demand :D Logically this should lead to fall in price but RE does not follow logic :bab (45):
    CommentQuote
    Today I visited a colleagues house in Tower 9 for lunch.

On entry to his house I was surprised to see a large pipe running across the wall near the door. It was a large pipe, the kind of pipe you expect to see outside but never within a house. I asked him about it and he informed that for new Towers (9-10-11), it became mandatory to have fire sprinkler system inside the house. Since building was constructed, Paranjape added the piping for the sprinkler system later. Though god only know why he chose to do it in such an ugly way.

It seems different houses are affected differently and diameters of pipes also vary.

Anyone who has booked in the under-construction towers should confirm if they will be affected similary for the sprinkler system or they have already taken care of concealing it.

Hey sudhashbahu,

I checked with Mr. Vishwanath from Paranjpe today. He said that all the new towers are going to have those pipes. He has asked me to later plan for concealing those. I am surprised to hear that they are asking us to handle this. Shouldn't it be their job to close it? Did your friend or anyone else you know of have asked for it to be done by them.
    Can you send me a snap of those pipes?

Thanks,
    Rahul
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahulgavande
    Hey sudhashbahu,

I checked with Mr. Vishwanath from Paranjpe today. He said that all the new towers are going to have those pipes. He has asked me to later plan for concealing those. I am surprised to hear that they are asking us to handle this. Shouldn't it be their job to close it? Did your friend or anyone else you know of have asked for it to be done by them.
    Can you send me a snap of those pipes?

Thanks,
    Rahul

Hi,

For my colleague, builder did not conceal. Owners will have to deal with it.

For Towers 9-11 the requirement for sprinkler system came after the construction was done, so builder tried best to implement without increasing his own cost; therefore these visible pipes. However I am surprised that builder is not making an attempt to conceal the pipes while the building is being built. My assumption was that new towers would have concealed piping.

Getting a photo of it is difficult. The pipes are an embarrassment to the owners. I cant go to their house and take a photo of what is embarrassing to them :bab (45):

As I said, the amount of piping, location and diameter of pipes varies. You need to ask the builder of how the pipes will be laid specifically in your flat.
    CommentQuote
    Hi,

For my colleague, builder did not conceal. Owners will have to deal with it.

For Towers 9-11 the requirement for sprinkler system came after the construction was done, so builder tried best to implement without increasing his own cost; therefore these visible pipes. However I am surprised that builder is not making an attempt to conceal the pipes while the building is being built. My assumption was that new towers would have concealed piping.

Getting a photo of it is difficult. The pipes are an embarrassment to the owners. I cant go to their house and take a photo of what is embarrassing to them :bab (45):

As I said, the amount of piping, location and diameter of pipes varies. You need to ask the builder of how the pipes will be laid specifically in your flat.

Understand sudhashbahu.

I was told that due to govt. rules a builder himself cannot conceal the fire pipes even if they want. Not sure how true this is. As per them only the owner can do after it after possession. I am not sure one can set a false ceiling that late.
    Anyone else who faced this problem? How did you handle it?
    CommentQuote
    Understand sudhashbahu.

I was told that due to govt. rules a builder himself cannot conceal the fire pipes even if they want. Not sure how true this is. As per them only the owner can do after it after possession. I am not sure one can set a false ceiling that late.

I am not aware of the applicable govt rules. However if we think logically, the builder may be being economical with the truth.

The pipes carry water to the sprinkler. The sprinkler sprays water in case of fire. So obviously the sprinkler itself should not be covered. I am sure the applicable rules say that the sprinkler should be open. However why will rules say that the ugly pipes should not be covered? The pipes being open or concealed makes no difference as long as water can be carried to the sprinklers. The builder may be stretching what is applicable to the sprinklers to the pipes.

It is your home, you have paid lakhs of hard earned money. Demand to see the rules and verify for yourself.

If you are in investor, you need to even more worried as pipes will definitely reduce the appeal of the flat to resale buyers. Nowdays even bathroom pipes are concealed. Who will like pipes, that to large 4-5 inch diameter pipes, visible in living areas?

And rules that are applicable to BR must be applicable to other new constructions too. Do Megapolis or any other new construction projects have these ugly pipes too?
    CommentQuote
    Understand sudhashbahu.

I suggest that you ask the builder representative to fax/email you a copy of the applicable rules and to specifically highlight the section/rule that says that the ugly pipes cannot be concealed. Don't give up until you have verified everything yourself.
    CommentQuote