Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3921 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I'm not sure what the fine print says when the Govt. implements such rules like installing fire pipes but if you have to compare such provisions with US, then by law, apartment buildings are supposed to have fire sprinklers built in. That is the job of the builder, to conceal the pipes.

Problem in India is that every builder has a different interpretation of the Govt. laws. When a rule or law is enacted, builder's lawyers already start working on how to find the loopholes. And if the builder does it differently or not as per the norms, consumers do not have enough rights & will to fight.

In this case, consumer has the right to know the law. Please request it from the builder or a real estate lawyer and get more clarity on what it exactly says.
    CommentQuote
  • Off course sprinkler pipes can be concealed. Thats how it is done in offices. Only the sprinkler juts out of the false ceiling. It is just a cost saving approach by the builder. People should collectively ask them to conceal the pipes or produce a document which mentions the govt rules stated above.
    CommentQuote
  • I am very happy for the fact that my builder has chosen to follow the law ( and isn't it always a choice in India ..:-) ...and make these towers safer with the sprinkler system in place.

Without even looking into the law....I'm sure the law would NOT require builder to conceal these pipes.
    Yes, it would have been nice if the builder had concealed the pipes anyway....but Oh well.....

I'm sure my interior guy would be more than happy to conceal these ugly pipes for me.....no big deal there....and yes I will pay for it.
    CommentQuote
  • In our office too, sprinklers are there but pipes are completely concealed.
    Btw, is builder offering to conceal the pipes at extra cost ??

pnq2012,

Post increase, what will be the maintenance amount pm for 2 & 3BR ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    I am not aware of the applicable govt rules. However if we think logically, the builder may be being economical with the truth.

The pipes carry water to the sprinkler. The sprinkler sprays water in case of fire. So obviously the sprinkler itself should not be covered. I am sure the applicable rules say that the sprinkler should be open. However why will rules say that the ugly pipes should not be covered? The pipes being open or concealed makes no difference as long as water can be carried to the sprinklers. The builder may be stretching what is applicable to the sprinklers to the pipes.

It is your home, you have paid lakhs of hard earned money. Demand to see the rules and verify for yourself.

If you are in investor, you need to even more worried as pipes will definitely reduce the appeal of the flat to resale buyers. Nowdays even bathroom pipes are concealed. Who will like pipes, that to large 4-5 inch diameter pipes, visible in living areas?

And rules that are applicable to BR must be applicable to other new constructions too. Do Megapolis or any other new construction projects have these ugly pipes too?

As far as I recall there was a similar furore about a year ago when Life Republic installed those ungainly red pipes in their show flats. Not sure what came of it but they are definitely an eyesore. Will have to speak to BR management to figure out how to get them concealed.
    CommentQuote
  • Did some digging and found the National Building Code Part - 4 Fire and Life Safety. Below is the PDF which talks about mandatory sprinklers for high rise residential above 45 m. But nowhere it is mentioned that the pipes cannot be concealed.

http://ndrfandcd.gov.in/WriteReadData/userfiles/file/F03.pdf

I think the guideline came into effect recently and the cost would be high if it needs to be concealed for under construction towers. Hence the patchwork. I have raised this issue over mail to BR folks (have bought one under construction flat). I think all should raise it and ask for False ceiling in each room to be done by BR. Those who want to have their own design for false ceiling can still do it at their own cost.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RE2014
    Did some digging and found the National Building Code Part - 4 Fire and Life Safety. Below is the PDF which talks about mandatory sprinklers for high rise residential above 45 m. But nowhere it is mentioned that the pipes cannot be concealed.

http://ndrfandcd.gov.in/WriteReadData/userfiles/file/F03.pdf

I think the guideline came into effect recently and the cost would be high if it needs to be concealed for under construction towers. Hence the patchwork. I have raised this issue over mail to BR folks (have bought one under construction flat). I think all should raise it and ask for False ceiling in each room to be done by BR. Those who want to have their own design for false ceiling can still do it at their own cost.

Hi Re2014,

I came to know that the sprinkles will be provided in the kitchen, the passage area and the bedroom. Not sure how they decided on these rooms to add the sprinkles. I plan to call Mr. Vishwanath to make sure they cover it. Let me know how it goes for you.

Rahul
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahulgavande
    Hi Re2014,

I came to know that the sprinkles will be provided in the kitchen, the passage area and the bedroom. Not sure how they decided on these rooms to add the sprinkles. I plan to call Mr. Vishwanath to make sure they cover it. Let me know how it goes for you.

Rahul

The kitchen is an obvious choice.
    As for the bedrooms, I have some suggestions as to why sprinklers
    are required in there.. but will let it rest :P

While speaking to BR guys about the possibility of concealing the pipe, we also
    have to take into account what sort of design, material or method they are going to
    use.

Like the bathrooms in existing apartments.. already have concealed plumbing etc
    but the ceiling is basically cheap aluminium framework with a simple laminate sheet kept on it.
    It is perfectly all right for the bathroom, But it isnt something what i would like to see when i enter
    the apartment ( assuming that the pipe is visible at the entrance lobby . based on sudashbahu's post )

The last thing one needs is to spend extra time and money in getting rid of what BR puts up to conceal the pipe
    and then get the lobby done up as per one's own taste..

Just a thought... :)
    CommentQuote
  • Dear All,
    Discussing with BR to book a 2 bhk in T19. Any recommendations for floors which are best for view? Also T19 is in one corner, is that going to affect the overall view and feel? Looking for inputs from residents.
    Thanks,
    Navneet
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by khnavneet
    Dear All,
    Discussing with BR to book a 2 bhk in T19. Any recommendations for floors which are best for view? Also T19 is in one corner, is that going to affect the overall view and feel? Looking for inputs from residents.
    Thanks,
    Navneet

My recommendation is to go for higher floors, facing the river provided that is an option.
    CommentQuote
  • Either lower floor towards inside or higher twowards river side...

visit personally and visualize corner location...its height etc

you have the luxury to go to some of the existing twoers to evaluate views from different floors...
    CommentQuote
  • Dear pnq2012 & Baruch, thanks for your inputs.
    Unfortunately I am not in India, therefore cant visit the site. I was interested in recently launched 2Bhk with Golf course view in T18/19 and was planning for 16/18 floor apartment as I thought middle floors will probably provide best views.
    Regards,
    Navneet
    CommentQuote
  • Also take into account that if you buy golf facing property in tower 18/19, you may be looking at disturbance from construction work related to future towers 15-17, which are yet to be launched. May not matter if you are simply buying property as an investment.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the inputs. Booked a 2bhk in T19 yesterday. Glad to be a part of BR community.
    Navneet
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • amit12132 months ago
      Hi khnavneet,

I am planning to buy a flat in T19. I do not see much people talking about T18/19.
      Do you have any group or forum where we have owners of T18/19? Also are you aware of the litigations related to T18/19?
      I saw it on RERA website. Is this gonna cause any issue?
      Your input is much appreciated!

Thanks,
      Amit
  • Congrats... What's the complete package you got in for
    CommentQuote