Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
Reply
3885 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by gppande
    Hello Friends,
    Before investing in BR, I would like to know a few things and hope you all can help:

    1) What is range for rental income from 1 BHK in BR?
    2) I am looking at investing in 1 BHK Duplex apartment. Are the rents for such duplex apartment higher that normal 1BHK rent?
    3) Are there any tower specific issues or advantages? Or 1BHK in all towers are same?

    Thanks in advance!!!! This thread has been very helpful.


    I haven't hear of the 1 BHKs being on the rental market yet. So the rental potential is not determined yet.
    The only data point I can give is that the larger 2BHKs go for a rent of 14000. That is with Kitchen cabinets + lights/fans and no other furniture.

    Duplex 1 BHKs are a matter of personal choice. Unless a few go on the rental market, it will not be possible to predict rents. For example some may prefer duplex because the higher ceiling gives the feeling of more space. However couples planning kids may not prefer as pregnant ladies wouldn't like to climb stairs. There is no clear cut advantage of duplex to assume higher rent.

    To confirm if all 1BHKs are the same, you can refer the floor plans on their website.
    CommentQuote
  • Heard a group of owners discussing yesterday. Seems that a large (more than 6 inch dia) sewage pipe burst in the basement 1 and covered the car parked there with sewage.

    Not a sign of good quality material and construction/planning if things start bursting even when all the flats in the building are not sold yet.

    Happened a few weeks ago. I must have missed it as the location is at the other/far end from my parking space.
    CommentQuote
  • Does anyone know if there is progress on the new Blue Ridge Golf Club? Last information I have it is pending approval.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2XGOOmTVww
    CommentQuote
  • I heard that gold ball designed is scrapped as design would have reduced the sellable space....

    BR management is surely taking customers for a ride...why did they collect club membership if they had no intent to deliver club in next 5-10 years
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Mansa123
    Does anyone know if there is progress on the new Blue Ridge Golf Club? Last information I have it is pending approval.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2XGOOmTVww


    Originally Posted by Baruch
    I heard that gold ball designed is scrapped as design would have reduced the sellable space....

    BR management is surely taking customers for a ride...why did they collect club membership if they had no intent to deliver club in next 5-10 years


    Confused. I see people playing golf everyday. Is that not part of the club? Or are we talking of something different here?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    Confused. I see people playing golf everyday. Is that not part of the club? Or are we talking of something different here?


    thats just the course...there is one club expected to come between tower-1 & tower 23 which is supposed to have 4 tennis courts....a big swimming pool and many other indoor games+ dining facilities+ banquet etc

    work has not even started even though they have collected memberhsip
    CommentQuote
  • Also learnt from a friend that 2bhks in some towers ( in which 5bhks are also there) are paying 6.2 rs PSF as maintenance charges....that’s because

    1) this second cluster has some issues ( I guess same which Sudhanshu keep on referring too) which is costing bomb to newly formed RWA

    2) as per some legal rules...most of the maintenance charges are being applied at unit level so effectively not much difference between what a 5bhk and 2bhk owner is paying for overall...this turns out to be very costly on PSF basis for a 2bhk
    CommentQuote
  • another major problem is that road via village ( from behind the school) is blocked by villagers so everyone has to come via phase-1 chowk now

    in any case...its nightmare to enter the BR in morning when office buses jam the entries…imagine what will happen to society once both SEZs as well as other towers are fully occupied ?

    shame that builder is almost killing a beautiful project in his shortsightedness
    CommentQuote
  • Got a mail from Ravikiran / Vishwanath that they cannot provide concealed pipes but they will provide a False Ceiling to cover the pipes. Satisfied to get a reasonable response. Others - plz get a confirmation as well from them over email.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RE2014
    Got a mail from Ravikiran / Vishwanath that they cannot provide concealed pipes but they will provide a False Ceiling to cover the pipes. Satisfied to get a reasonable response. Others - plz get a confirmation as well from them over email.


    Excellent. Your follow up has paid off.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    thats just the course...there is one club expected to come between tower-1 & tower 23 which is supposed to have 4 tennis courts....a big swimming pool and many other indoor games+ dining facilities+ banquet etc

    work has not even started even though they have collected memberhsip


    Thanks for clarification.

    The township already has pools for swimming and tennis courts near the school ground. I dont understand the need for an additional club, that too a paid one.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    Thanks for clarification.

    The township already has pools for swimming and tennis courts near the school ground. I dont understand the need for an additional club, that too a paid one.


    2000+ flats and one court ...that too in school premises...is not enough
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    Also learnt from a friend that 2bhks in some towers ( in which 5bhks are also there) are paying 6.2 rs PSF as maintenance charges....that’s because

    1) this second cluster has some issues ( I guess same which Sudhanshu keep on referring too) which is costing bomb to newly formed RWA

    2) as per some legal rules...most of the maintenance charges are being applied at unit level so effectively not much difference between what a 5bhk and 2bhk owner is paying for overall...this turns out to be very costly on PSF basis for a 2bhk


    I had also heard that the charges would be per unit and not by size of unit. However this sounded illogical to me so I dismissed them as mere rumours.

    The second cluster has issues, but I don't see why additional charges are required!! Additional charges are required only if someone is going to fix things. No money required to keep things as is!!

    The garbage disposal system is not working for months now. I have almost forgotten that it exists. This defect has now given rise to more serious consequences. The garbage needs to be left in the room near the garbage shute on each floor. The maintenance folks collect the garbage and bring it down in the service lift. The lift therefore stinks during those times. However the service lift does not go to the basement and since the operational procedure need the garbage to be taken to the basement, the maintenance folks then transfer the collected garbage to one of the main lifts which causes them to stink as well.

    Many people think that the stink is due to some people taking their pets in the lift . You often smell stinking water on the lift floor which is assumed to be dog pee. However the real reason is the one stated above (have seen it many times). The stinking water is actually water escaping from the plastic garbage bags all pressed together on a open trolley.

    Multiple notices have been put out advising pet owners to take pets in servcie lift, shifting blame to pets. I thinks the pets are smart enough to "hold on" until they get out of the lift.

    The Smoke detectors in the homes and in passage ways are installed but not active. Are they waiting for a fire to break out before they activate? Some detectors don't even have their plastic coating removed ... and this is when people have been living for months ... may be even over an year.

    The finger scan system is one of the most unreliable I have seen. At office, the scanner recognizes the finger in the first try, 9 out of 10 times. Only once a while do I need to scan again.
    The BR one only recognizes perfect conditions. multiple attempts are required to successfully scan in.


    Among serious business, a funny note ... Look at how parking is planned at BR (See attached Image)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    2000+ flats and one court ...that too in school premises...is not enough


    True, but as a "alleged" premium township charging premium rates, they should already have built more facilities in accordance with the population.

    What is the point of charging lakhs for an additional club for something that should have been provided anyways.
    CommentQuote
  • Few clarifications :
    - Can't comment on the golf club building. Personally, I don't care about the golf club. Haven't taken membership nor will take it. Never got into golf.
    - New swimming pool and tennis court will be built after towers 22,23 are completed. That has always been the case with other towers. So far,
    - Maintenance charges are as per bye-laws. BR is simply following rules whereas other societies do not. Otherwise, there is no way societies can run on 2.5 psf for years. Ask societies how much do they contribute to sinking fund and repairs fund & whether it that by law? This was clarified earlier & any prospective buyers, if they have questions, can clarify from the society. I'm a resident & yes not happy with the increase but it is what it is. If it is not affordable, there are always other options. FYI - people are paying more when incorporating water tanker fees, property tax, club fees & monthly maintenance. Societies have to request for additional sinking fund because they cannot pay it through monthly maintenance. Residents have to account for inflation when paying monthly maintenance. The 1.8 psf was set by Paranjape when the first agreement went out in 2010. Now, do you expect to continue maintaining the society with that amount & still expect the lifestyle that BR offers?
    - Garbage chutes are not working because residents & contractors do not know how to use them. Residents throw hard materials like glass bottles, cans, trash without garbage bags. There have been reports of residents emptying out stale food directly in the shaft. This requires cleaning frequently, which costs money. Throwing hard materials damages the container that holds the trash. I checked and this is a common issue with many societies that use such garbage disposal shafts.
    - The finger scan system is a Honeywell issue. They rewired everything after installation because something got messed up. Not sure why we need to blame the builder.
    - Smoke detector & alarms work in most of the residents. If it is not working for you, then you need to contact the society or the builder.

    Personally, I think that a builder can only do so much. Then it is up to the society and residents to manage things. Issues will remain for some. Most of the issues are caused by residents. People dump all kinds of things in plumbing pipes, that clogged one of the pipes which burst. Contractors dump paint & concrete in pipes. People make structural changes thus cutting plumbing pipes & causing extensive leakages. Residents throw trash out of their homes & then blame the society for not maintaining the premises. Pets do litter in public spaces (have seen it myself) and residents do not pick up. So won't be surprised if pets mess up in the elevator. Contractors spit in the elevators & if they cannot hold, how can you expect pets to do it.

    If you are expecting a great living community, then you need responsible citizens. Till then, problems will continue.
    CommentQuote