Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3919 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012

- Maintenance charges are as per bye-laws. BR is simply following rules whereas other societies do not. Otherwise, there is no way societies can run on 2.5 psf for years. Ask societies how much do they contribute to sinking fund and repairs fund & whether it that by law? This was clarified earlier & any prospective buyers, if they have questions, can clarify from the society. I'm a resident & yes not happy with the increase but it is what it is. If it is not affordable, there are always other options. FYI - people are paying more when incorporating water tanker fees, property tax, club fees & monthly maintenance. Societies have to request for additional sinking fund because they cannot pay it through monthly maintenance. Residents have to account for inflation when paying monthly maintenance. The 1.8 psf was set by Paranjape when the first agreement went out in 2010. Now, do you expect to continue maintaining the society with that amount & still expect the lifestyle that BR offers?
    Is this a bye-law created by BR or is it a standard? Can you provide references that say that maintenance charges should be same irrespective of size of unit?
    I own two homes in Thane in different societies. Maintenance for both is as per size of house. Those societies charges less than Rs 3 p.s.f and have been maintaining all facilities well for years. They have sinking fund, money in FDs for emergency use and have done everything to my expectations. Even repainted the whole society every 5 years. and these were bought new and are 12-15 years old now.

Originally Posted by pnq2012

- Garbage chutes are not working because residents & contractors do not know how to use them. Residents throw hard materials like glass bottles, cans, trash without garbage bags. There have been reports of residents emptying out stale food directly in the shaft. This requires cleaning frequently, which costs money. Throwing hard materials damages the container that holds the trash. I checked and this is a common issue with many societies that use such garbage disposal shafts.

So instead of educating people on using a facility, the BR solution is to shut the facility?

For every example society you can give of how garbage system is not working, I can give example of a society where it is working.

- The finger scan system is a Honeywell issue. They rewired everything after installation because something got messed up. Not sure why we need to blame the builder.
    - Smoke detector & alarms work in most of the residents. If it is not working for you, then you need to contact the society or the builder.

Builder uses material/parts to construct the overall structure. No one expects builder to build everything from scratch himself. But if he is selling something at a premuim rate, it is his duty to provide facilities that work as expected. It is his duty to confirm that any system installed by a third party is working as expected before signing it off and paying them.

The smoke detectors are inactive for entire Unit B. All towers 9-14. Residents please confirm.

Personally, I think that a builder can only do so much. Then it is up to the society and residents to manage things. Issues will remain for some. Most of the issues are caused by residents. People dump all kinds of things in plumbing pipes, that clogged one of the pipes which burst. Contractors dump paint & concrete in pipes. People make structural changes thus cutting plumbing pipes & causing extensive leakages. Residents throw trash out of their homes & then blame the society for not maintaining the premises. Pets do litter in public spaces (have seen it myself) and residents do not pick up. So won't be surprised if pets mess up in the elevator. Contractors spit in the elevators & if they cannot hold, how can you expect pets to do it.

You seem to be blaming residents for everything. What is so unique about BR that it attracts the most un-civil lot? I have been living on rent in Pune for 5 years. 2 different societes before BR. Never had such issues there. They had working garbage shutes, pipes that did not burst (even when older than BR), people with pets but no stinking lifts.

And the people there had not come from different planet.

If you are expecting a great living community, then you need responsible citizens. Till then, problems will continue.

Are you saying that residents in BR are more irresponsible than people at large?
    CommentQuote
  • - If your society in Thane manages everything well, good for you. Is it as big as BR? Does it have sophisticated systems like WTP, DG sets, 3 elevators per building, nice landscaped garden, two-level security etc? Sorry, I'm not going to get into the bye-laws discussion. It is too intense. You can get the breakdown from the society & review it yourself. If you find mistakes, let the committee know & maybe that will bring down the monthly payment for me too. :-)
    - Owners should have instructions on how to use garbage chutes. If you don't, get them from society. Training was also conducted. Now, you cannot expect the society to train every tenant who moves into BR.
    - Smoke detectors work in my flat. It is every owner's responsibility to test them and make sure they work.
    - Gas detector also works in my flat. I get it tested one every three months when the Dophin gas guy comes.
    - Sorry, it is a fact that residents cause most of the problems in all societies. I had experiences in my previous one and had experiences here at BR too. You seem to be the lucky one where you haven't run into any problems. Good for you.
    - You don't have to look at BR to conclude that people are irresponsible. Our entire country is struggling because of irresponsible citizens.

Yes, it is BR's fault that it is a big township, so problems multiply when more residents move in. Like they say - there is the 10% bunch which causes more problems (though I think that the percentage is higher). But some of the problems can affect the entire society.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012

- You don't have to look at BR to conclude that people are irresponsible. Our entire country is struggling because of irresponsible citizens.

But country is still running and not shutting down systems for everyone because some misuse.

Approach of shutting down garbage ducts because some misused is unique to BR.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    But country is still running and not shutting down systems for everyone because some misuse.

Approach of shutting down garbage ducts because some misused is unique to BR.

True, life goes on.
    Garbage is piling on the streets and life goes on.
    Pollution has risen dangerous levels & life goes on.
    Posh societies get tanker water & nobody minds it.
    1 crore plus Puneites break traffic rules & nobody cares.

Anyways, your points are taken. Good to hear your input. Some valid points.
    CommentQuote
  • Blueridge is no different from any other society as far as mentality of people is concerned. Just because people have afforded houses worth maybe 80L+ does not mean they will be responsible citizens and take individual responsibility to keep the society neat and clean. It's a plague which is spread across India. People think they can do whatever they want since they are paying society maintenance charges, they can throw garbage since they are paying housekeeping services to clean up, pet owners hardly care about cleaning up after their pets, the lifts eventually start stinking. Due to all this the management committee will come up with rules and regulations which everyone will detest and hate the committee. life goes on...exactly the same...every where...it's India
    CommentQuote
  • For people interested in progress of new towers:
    Tower 21- built up to 16 floors and 17 in progress
    Tower 20- built up to 4 floors and 5 in progress
    CommentQuote
    For people interested in progress of new towers:

Hi Sudhashbahu, can you please take a picture and upload here. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • pnq2012 & sudhashbahu,

Thanks for details. Some queries :-

> If 2BR & 5BR have same maintenance amount, why aren't 2BR buyers opposing it ?
    > Aren't there enough CCTVs in BR to monitor if someone is fiddling in common areas ?

We have CCTV cams even inside the lift here, so it remains clean. Same is case with parking.
    Ofcourse, the builder hasn't done anything but after society got formed, the people put up CCTV cams on their own.
    Why not do the same in BR ??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    pnq2012 & sudhashbahu,

Thanks for details. Some queries :-

> If 2BR & 5BR have same maintenance amount, why aren't 2BR buyers opposing it ?
    > Aren't there enough CCTVs in BR to monitor if someone is fiddling in common areas ?

We have CCTV cams even inside the lift here, so it remains clean. Same is case with parking.
    Ofcourse, the builder hasn't done anything but after society got formed, the people put up CCTV cams on their own.
    Why not do the same in BR ??

I believe some 2BHK owners did oppose it. However you should note that most owners do not stay in BR so I am not sure if they were present to make themselves heard.
    CommentQuote
    I believe some 2BHK owners did oppose it. However you should note that most owners do not stay in BR so I am not sure if they were present to make themselves heard.

Ok, thanks for input.
    This shows there are indeed loads of investors here. Strange that some members say PSCL has more of end users !!
    CommentQuote
    For people interested in progress of new towers:

Hi Sudhashbahu,

Please give us update on Tower 23 along with a photo.

Thanks,
    Rahul
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahulgavande
    Hi Sudhashbahu,

Please give us update on Tower 23 along with a photo.

Thanks,
    Rahul

What is Tower23? Where is it located?
    CommentQuote
    What is Tower23? Where is it located?

They are the new towers near the river, same cluster as T20-21-22-23. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Mansa123
    They are the new towers near the river, same cluster as T20-21-22-23. Thanks.

My humble apologies to everyone. I have goofed up between T21/20 and T22/23.

Whatever I said about T21 is really T23 and about T20 is really T22.

So to summarize:

T23 - built up to 16 floors and 17 in progress
    T22 - built up to 4 floors and 5 in progress

T21/20 not visible from my house.
    CommentQuote
  • I happened to see the overall map of the project on the PSCL site for the first time Blue Ridge Layout | Golf Properties | Township Projects | Luxury homes in Pune | By Paranjape Schemes..

The road side of T9-14 shows a nice large green area with water bodies in the original plan. Now two 12 story IT park towers are being constructed :bab (45):.

People staying on lower floors of Tower 9-12 (road side view) must be getting a lot less light than what they must have imagined if they booked based on the plan still shown on the site.
    CommentQuote