• Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Originally posted by pune_friend View Post

I know owning is not necessary.
    Good....

I am just asking who owns it ....) ?
    Asking an irrelevant question is lack of understanding.
    And
    Answering it is stupidity.
    Last edited by Superduper; November 29 2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Superduper View Post
      Asking irrelevant questions is lack of understanding.
      And
      Answering them is stupidity.
      Thanks, Superduper, for not answering

Comment

You are welcome.

Comment

Fact is none of these common amenities will ever be owned by any particular society in BR (I am not sure if there will be co-op society formation as it will be controlled by Township body). The ground in question is attached to the Blue Ridge school and it can be used by BR residents ONLY after school hours. All are shared amenities. So you don't own it, but you still pay maintenance in proportion to it.

I don't say whether this is good or bad, that's the way it is and that's how things generally are in townships.

Comment

Originally posted by lazybone007 View Post
            Fact is none of these common amenities will ever be owned by any particular society in BR (I am not sure if there will be co-op society formation as it will be controlled by Township body). The ground in question is attached to the Blue Ridge school and it can be used by BR residents ONLY after school hours. All are shared amenities. So you don't own it, but you still pay maintenance in proportion to it.

I don't say whether this is good or bad, that's the way it is and that's how things generally are in townships.
            Thanks, for bringing out the point.

I have seen people talking about "formation of societies" and "things have been turned over to them for Tower 1 to whatever..." etc.

Society primarily implies two things
            1. Ownership of land and FSI including the amenities space (foremost important)
            2. Managing of amenities

When both these are practically not relevant, I have been wondering what is this thing called "society formed or will be formed" that has been mentioned by so many people so many times on this (and probably other township) threads. Also, why do townships get tax breaks if they are developing commercial amenities owned by themselves and charging maintenance.

Now that you have answered the point and also clarified, we can move on.

Back to the point - will be interesting to know which all BR buyer posters are part of the playing 11 !!

Comment

The ground that is shown is not owned by any of the societies ..
              It is the blue ridge School ground ..

Wasnt implying that you have commented anything in the past about social life at BR in any way ..
              Was more to do with a few posts of yours where I got the feeling that you implied.. anyone who posted Pro-BR stuff, was trying to attract investors, or sell flats.. or do some marketing for BR .. etc

Comment

Yes. I am there.
                Can you refer to any of my post where I used the word "social" in any context that you are referring to ?

Now that you have referred my name, let me say that you have answered it yourself.
                Some time back BR had paragliding event conducted (people complained about families trying to use the green patch as, well....., green patch instead of golf. Remember the posts ?)

I had said that it was for advertising (and let me clarify there is nothing wrong with it.)

After few days, there was a half page ad depicting the same. You neither own the land (the green patch), nor the sky. And builder was trying to market both.

Times are changing and marketing is shifting to using "news-like" items. There is nothing wrong in builder trying to leverage communities created, if it helps him. Even in digital age, word of mouth still works well. All you need to do is get people close to the product and hope for the best. Philosophy being tried is - "jo dikhata hai vo bikta hai".

The ground that is shown in the picture, which of the BR societies own the same (I know owning is not necessary. I am just asking who owns it solely from the information angle) ?
                Im the owner of the ground and I allow all of you enjoy

I remember in my childhood...I must have played in 100+ fields all over my city ( from 10*10 meters to as big as km*km ( where multiple matches will go on together)

All as kids we cared was whether we had space...never on who owns

Even while flying kites...we never thought Sky is not owned by us so don't use it

Not sure what changed in 20 years

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                  I remember in my childhood...I must have played in 100+ fields all over my city ( from 10*10 meters to as big as km*km ( where multiple matches will go on together)

All as kids we cared was whether we had space...never on who owns

Even while flying kites...we never thought Sky is not owned by us so don't use it
                  No body marketed the ground where we would have 20 teams playing cricket matches all over the ground with pitches adjacent to each other.

And for all you know, you were fielding the ball played by so many of the matches that went on simultaneously, even when you were keenly focused on your match. And all this without a sign of arrogance or displeasure on your face !! It was all love for game and joy of the sports !!

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                  Not sure what changed in 20 years
                  What changed is - earlier we did not live in townships or societies who need to own tons of amenities so as to make them available to residents.

In Pune in general and newly developing areas of Pune in particular, prices reach crores and you still do not know where the ground is

If people come over and use Mr P's ground on daily basis, it won't be allowed. Even residents won't like it as it will be kind of encroachment by others.

That's what has changed in 20 years. You need to be a member. Even a 147 acre township can not have a cricket ground owned by members.

While people are marketed to become world citizen, Pune citizen do not have thriving common places where everyone can meet daily - meet without boundaries !!

Comment

accidently went through Lodha The rise thread in mumbai forum ... that guy is fooling ppl ... the prices are in USD
                    based on the comments on that thread Mr P and ABIL seem to be much better .... pathar se eet bhali

Comment

While people are marketed to become world citizen, Pune citizen do not have thriving common places where everyone can meet daily - meet without boundaries !!
                      ok...so whats the solution ( I'm sure you are not expecting BR to make open cricket grounds for everyone in Pune)

in fact this lack of big grounds in this new notion of Indian big cities is the reason people are choosing BR

if my government and civic body is hell bent on selling every inch of land...zero interest in making public parks...then naturally I will try buy this aspect for my kids...whats wrong if BR is meeting this demand...they shoudnt ?

Dont get trapped in circumventing logics...sometime in the heat of criticizing we miss that we went on the other side

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X