Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3921 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by getrahulmore
    7000 Rs. per month for maintenance for 2 BHK.:bab (59):

The Maintenance is:
    - Per Unit rate of Rs 3250 per flat per month
    - Per Square feet rate of Rs 2.75 per flat per month

In addition Arrears are being charges at Rs 12 per square feet per flat per year (to be recovered quarterly).

Overall the current maintenance (including arrears) works out to 20.5K - 21K per quarter for 2BHK and 25K-26K for 3BHK
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    T12BROwner, I agree that the situation was not ideal. However quitting the forum is not a good idea.

Of late with the discussion on high maintenance picking up, the discussions have gone from bad to worse ... to the point that accusations and mud-slinging has started. We need sensible people like you (based on your earlier posts here) to participate and improve the overall quality and tone of the discussions.

Thank you for your confidence, I will review. However I have not seen you participating on the forum either:bab (45):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by T12BROwner
    Thank you for your confidence, I will review. However I have not seen you participating on the forum either:bab (45):

Guilty as accused :D

however owners themselves are having trouble on the forum, what can a tenant do? I read the threads but never respond.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vaibav123

How I wish agricultural income is also brought into tax net.

I have a different opinion on this.
    Agriculture in India is not profitable unlike in the US though we have so many subsidies. We do not have lavish resources like water, so you see many farms across India barren. On top of it, you need to feed more than a billion people. So you need to import food, and that takes precious dollars. So please leave the agriculture income tax free. I know this is off the topic, but couldn't avoid writing this.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    The Maintenance is:
    - Per Unit rate of Rs 3250 per flat per month
    - Per Square feet rate of Rs 2.75 per flat per month

In addition Arrears are being charges at Rs 12 per square feet per flat per year (to be recovered quarterly).

Overall the current maintenance (including arrears) works out to 20.5K - 21K per quarter for 2BHK and 25K-26K for 3BHK

:bab (59): Is this the highest amount in Pune or we have somebody bettering this ?
    Generally bigger societies have less maintenance/flat compared to smaller ones .

If the project goes on for another X years or maintenance is forever with builder/builder's decision is involved then forget lowering of costs , costs will increase every year - the only way to get it lowered is taking charge of the society from the builder - there is competition everywhere and you'll be able to contract agencies at lower costs . I've observed about 30% fall in these costs once builder exits the project .
    CommentQuote
  • All those projects built under Special Township act gives the responsibility of running the township to the promotor or under his arrangement.
    No builder of special township has formed coop society,nor done conveyance.
    97th Amendment to constitution provides the right to form coop societies,but how things work out is yet to be seen.
    How things will work out at BlueRidge is yet unknown.Whether society will be formed and handed over to residents or some professional management company formed and responsibility handed over to them for running township.
    Owners can look at their agreement to understand what will happen when construction gets completed in near future.
    Charges as seen above are pretty high-but then there are facilities.
    It is probably better to be a tenant in such beautiful,well designed societies:D
    CommentQuote
  • Possession date tower 23 & 22

Hello

can somebody who has booked a flat in tower 23 (blue ridge) please let me know as to what is the possession date mentioned in the agreement . And what is the interest that the builder will pay in case of delay in possession.

Early reply would be highly appreciated.

Thanx in advance.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by getrahulmore
    7000 Rs. per month for maintenance for 2 BHK.:bab (59):

Originally Posted by suryawork

Generally bigger societies have less maintenance/flat compared to smaller ones .

I used to think that but there is no basis to it. It depends on how the "big society" tag is applied - is it a larger society with multiple buildings or larger from number of apartments?

At Blue Ridge, in society 2, there are 600 flats. The expenses multiply because of services offered to that many flats. E.g. housekeeping, security services will charge you per flat irrespective of whether the flat is occupied or not.

Another major expense is because of elevators. There are 3 elevators in each tower, total 6 towers, thus 18 elevators. AMC for each elevator is 1 Lakh per year, which comes to 18 Lakhs. Approx per flat cost just on AMC = 250 per month. For a 2 BHK (approx. 1000 sq. ft) flat, that comes to around 0.25/sq. ft. For a smaller society, this will be much lower.

Another example - at BR, there are some 20 pumps for water services. The pumps used to pump water to O/H tanks are high performance ones and require AMC too. Their power consumption is much higher. What I have been told is that, the approx. cost of AMC for pumps constitutes around 0.50/sq. ft.

Common electricity bill at BR is around 6 Lakhs per month. Major consumption is because of elevators as people are moving in, more contractors, 50+ maids using them daily etc. That itself comes to around 1000/month for each flat. For 2 BHK, that is around 1.0/sq. ft.

Society management services cost around 10 lakhs per month, approx 1.7 / sq. ft for the 2 BHK. This include security, housekeeping, gardening, technical services (plumbers, electricians, office managers). This is also per flat, hence it is higher. The society management rates are a bit higher for larger societies because of the overhead involved in managing manpower.

Just the above adds up to 3.45 / sq. ft.

Now add mandatory sinking fund and repairs fund as per bye-laws . That is 1/sq. ft. Lot of societies skip this component to save cost.

Township fees (equivalent to property tax) = 1.5 / sq. ft

Total comes to around 6 / sq. ft

Rest miscellaneous expenses constitute remaining 0.5/sq ft

Total = 6.5 / sq ft.

For a 2 BHK = total maintenance comes to 6,500 / sq. ft

Standard rate in newer societies of this scale is around 5 / sq. ft anyways. At BR, it is a bit higher because it is a newer society. Premium societies will charge more.

BR is a different animal. You cannot compare it with smaller societies. BR is a township not a single building society. So the cost will always be higher. With inflation & increasing costs, the maintenance will definitely go up.

There is nothing weird about it. Everything comes at a cost. They are for services.

If you look at it, the maintenance is around 1 % of the flat cost per year. If you are not wiling to pay even that much, then better find a bungalow & manage everything yourselves.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    I used to think that but there is no basis to it. It depends on how the "big society" tag is applied - is it a larger society with multiple buildings or larger from number of apartments?

At Blue Ridge, in society 2, there are 600 flats. The expenses multiply because of services offered to that many flats. E.g. housekeeping, security services will charge you per flat irrespective of whether the flat is occupied or not.

There is nothing weird about it. Everything comes at a cost. They are for services.

If you look at it, the maintenance is around 1 % of the flat cost per year. If you are not wiling to pay even that much, then better find a bungalow & manage everything yourselves.

I have nothing against BR - just that people are naive and so the developer community keeps on conning them and people keep on justifying everything thrown at them .

Who is deciding the standard rates ? Promoters of the project ? LOL :)

And then why is their mention of high maintenance charges on your forum ? If it is standard nobody will say it is high .

If you're a premium brand you should be able to command lower rates . The agencies will get more business showcasing you as a client .

Fact of the matter is since builder is able to sell at premium rates in name of premium brand/project,he finds it easy to keep on continuing to milk in the name of standard charges . More than 1% or 10% what matters is the amount you pay per month - percentages may create false impressions - and many owners will find the charges high gradually as it starts to eat their pockets .

A few people ready to pay high forever for services cannot decide the fate of majority in a society - voice of the majority will count - if majority starts defaulting on payments then things will not be easy , however premium a project or whatever the standard rates .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork
    I have nothing against BR - just that people are naive and so the developer community keeps on conning them and people keep on justifying everything thrown at them .

Not sure what developer has to do with this. He is not charging the maintenance, it is the society run by residents just like you and me.

Who is deciding the standard rates ? Promoters of the project ? LOL :)

Yes, builder made a mistake by putting in 3.33/sq. ft in the agreement when it was supposed be quite higher.

And then why is their mention of high maintenance charges on your forum ? If it is standard nobody will say it is high .

Can't help it. Like I said before, we Indians, have our minds set for low cost services. We do not complain when fuel prices go up, food prices go up, electricity prices go up but we do not want services to cost more. We pay our maids the same rate for years when we ourselves get 10% to 15% raise every year to fight inflation. If our maid asks for 200 rs per month extra, we slam her & fire her. Remember the Khobragade case?

The forum is a clear indication of such people who want the prices to be standard for years. If Paranjape put in 3.33 in 2010, we still want the same rates in 2015.

If you're a premium brand you should be able to command lower rates . The agencies will get more business showcasing you as a client .

Hmm... not sure what business model are you talking about. Unfortunately, in India, there is no standardization or regulation of services. If you are a premium customer, you will be charged more. If you drive a car to buy vegetables, you are charged a premium price.

Fact of the matter is since builder is able to sell at premium rates in name of premium brand/project,he finds it easy to keep on continuing to milk in the name of standard charges . More than 1% or 10% what matters is the amount you pay per month - percentages may create false impressions - and many owners will find the charges high gradually as it starts to eat their pockets .

Agree with you. But that is where as residents you have to make that decision. Do not buy premium property if you cannot afford the maintenance. You have choice, especially now when there are so many available apartments in the market.

A few people ready to pay high forever for services cannot decide the fate of majority in a society - voice of the majority will count - if majority starts defaulting on payments then things will not be easy , however premium a project or whatever the standard rates .

The maintenance at BR was approved by society residents. Most of the folks complaining are investors, who do not want to pay maintenance because they do not live there & rental income is not much. But understand, a society is not for investors but for residents. Now, if 60% of the residents do not like the high price, they have the option to vote down at the next AGM. Nobody is forcing anything on the residents.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    Not sure what developer has to do with this. He is not charging the maintenance, it is the society run by residents just like you and me.

Yes, builder made a mistake by putting in 3.33/sq. ft in the agreement when it was supposed be quite higher.

Can't help it. Like I said before, we Indians, have our minds set for low cost services. We do not complain when fuel prices go up, food prices go up, electricity prices go up but we do not want services to cost more. We pay our maids the same rate for years when we ourselves get 10% to 15% raise every year to fight inflation. If our maid asks for 200 rs per month extra, we slam her & fire her. Remember the Khobragade case?

The forum is a clear indication of such people who want the prices to be standard for years. If Paranjape put in 3.33 in 2010, we still want the same rates in 2015.

Hmm... not sure what business model are you talking about. Unfortunately, in India, there is no standardization or regulation of services. If you are a premium customer, you will be charged more. If you drive a car to buy vegetables, you are charged a premium price.

Agree with you. But that is where as residents you have to make that decision. Do not buy premium property if you cannot afford the maintenance. You have choice, especially now when there are so many available apartments in the market.

The maintenance at BR was approved by society residents. Most of the folks complaining are investors, who do not want to pay maintenance because they do not live there & rental income is not much. But understand, a society is not for investors but for residents. Now, if 60% of the residents do not like the high price, they have the option to vote down at the next AGM. Nobody is forcing anything on the residents.

My last post on the maintenance topic of BR .
    Not clear who is running the show at BR and what ownership model is this - society/township/sez/midc or anything else .

Generally , developer runs the society till conveyance is done - often at high costs . After conveyance , land belongs to society and all funds that you paid to developer as maintenance corpus/a big chunk is handed over to society .

My multiple ownership experience(one of which is a 784 apt , 20 building society) is society as an entity generates income through various sources - interest on existing funds , transfer fees , rentals and such...this corpus plus a monthly charge is enough for maintenance , repairs . So if you're thinking that monthly charges should increase at the rate of inflation then that may be the reason of high maintenance cost . All societies where I have stayed the charges were stable , little increase/decrease per accounts balance for number of years . Current year monthly maintenance 7k , next year monthly 8k , then 9k....nobody will agree to pay that - house will become a huge liability .

A lot of people who own bought cheaper earlier , they cannot afford to buy their own flat now - so prices became premium , not necessary that project is premium(generic - not BR specific) . We can't say that these people should not have bought earlier if they cant pay high maintenance based on flat value percentage today . Thinking that maintenance cost is just 1% of flat cost is a joke . Tomorrow if 1 crore flat bought earlier becomes 10 crore (extrapolating per RE investor logic :)) do you expect people to pay 10 lac per year for maintenance ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork
    My last post on the maintenance topic of BR .
    Not clear who is running the show at BR and what ownership model is this - society/township/sez/midc or anything else .

BR is a private township, owned by Flagship Infrastructure (FIPL) comprising of SEZ, school, shops, residential societies, golf club etc. which are entities that are run individually except for school, which is owned by FIPL. There is a TMA (Township Management Authority) that plays the role of a muncipal corporation & provides all the basic necessities to all the entities. This is all as per the Maharashtra Township act. All details can be found on the web.

Generally , developer runs the society till conveyance is done - often at high costs . After conveyance , land belongs to society and all funds that you paid to developer as maintenance corpus/a big chunk is handed over to society .

I do not have much knowledge of how the corpus model works but from what I have been told, it is not an efficient model for a large societies like those belonging to BR.

My multiple ownership experience(one of which is a 784 apt , 20 building society) is society as an entity generates income through various sources - interest on existing funds , transfer fees , rentals and such...this corpus plus a monthly charge is enough for maintenance , repairs . So if you're thinking that monthly charges should increase at the rate of inflation then that may be the reason of high maintenance cost . All societies where I have stayed the charges were stable , little increase/decrease per accounts balance for number of years . Current year monthly maintenance 7k , next year monthly 8k , then 9k....nobody will agree to pay that - house will become a huge liability .

If your society is running nicely, then good for you. Unfortunately, that is not the case with many other societies. Most of them have shortage of funds and have to compromise on quality of service. Like I said, many complexes do not register themselves as societies for this exact reason - they can save on the mandatory components like sinking fund and repairs fund. Many do not follow bye-laws.

Thinking that maintenance cost is just 1% of flat cost is a joke . Tomorrow if 1 crore flat bought earlier becomes 10 crore (extrapolating per RE investor logic :)) do you expect people to pay 10 lac per year for maintenance ?

I'm not saying that 1% should be the standard. I'm just saying that is a way of looking at rising costs.
    CommentQuote
  • Maintenance cost ( all inclusive ) for a 5BHK comes to just shy of 30 grand per quarter.....not bad AT ALL !

Any one who is unable ( or unwilling ) to afford the monthly maintenance cost should not buy ( or hold ) a
    unit in Blue Ridge.
    Rental is your option though !

For rest of us BR ownership is the paradise !

From what I last saw and heard.......BR unit B society management rocks and Patil sir's leadership is outstanding !:)
    CommentQuote
  • There is no embezzlement of funds ( there isn't even a slight hint of it ) ...then what these folks are murmuring about ?

This business of "oh it costs so much.....blah blah...it shouldn't cost that much... and such..." are just like bargaining with the sabzi walla......trying to teach and convince that fellow on why cauliflower should cost less !

Either you pay for what you are getting or live without it.

As they say in the west......"shape up or ship out" !
    CommentQuote
  • I urge folks to not use that stupid emoji with rolling long tongue....... Please !
    Its so distracting.
    One can't focus on the page with that emoji constantly bombarding at you.

At the least folks who reply to a post with that rolly tongue......should take it out of the quoted text......so their answers can be read without that nuisance.

The keepers of this forum should take it out from drop down emoji options ......period.

Just a request !
    Thanks
    CommentQuote