Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3919 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Luxury or compact?

Originally Posted by techieguy_98
    ne update on this ? they have opened booking again? whatsup with them ?

They have opened the bookings of two 30 storey (new) towers B7 and B8 having 2 and 3 BHKs in the first week of May 2011. I believe all the towers - B1 to B8 - are planned at the place of marketing office.

Surprisingly, they've used words - 'compact' and 'luxury homes' interchangeably in their adverts. Quite misleading.

I think 'compact' is not same as 'luxury'! And the sizes that they have - 1019 sq. ft. to 1127 sq. ft. for 2 BHK and 1439 sq. ft. for 3 BHK - are now a norm in Pune and definitely not called 'compact'!

Compacts are probably around 800 sq.ft. for 2 BHK. And 600 sq. ft. 2 BHKs (like Anandgram?) can probably fall into a 'super compact' category.

I feel that there should be some standards defined using carpet area (unlike mentioned above which are super built up areas) around different categories (like super compact, compact, standard, luxury, super luxury) so that builders can not exploit buyer sentiments through the flashy advertisements.
    CommentQuote
  • The BR ad read something like " We were sad to say SOLD OUT everytime, so we have opened new towers of 2-3 BHKs. Hurry, else we will be disappointed to say SOLD OUT again."

As these ads are doing the rounds for past few weeks, it seems the buyers didn't disappoint buyers by not buying in large nos. :D.

Man, it has been atleast 3 yrs & not a single flat has been delivered to the buyer. There are also some reports that a leading foreign investor has exited BR.

And projects like Megapolis are making things even more difficult for BR. Don't know why so high rates from village??:bab (38):

Btw, high-rises are meant to be in city where space is constraint. It is only here that we see bungalows in better areas of the city while villages have high-rises :D. Really weird.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Btw, high-rises are meant to be in city where space is constraint. It is only here that we see bungalows in better areas of the city while villages have high-rises :D. Really weird.

I think reason is there was restriction on height in PMC & PCMC limit till 2009. In villages there is no limit so high rises come in Blue ridge , megapolis and amanora park.
    CommentQuote

Hilarious. If fire breaks out in BR, first thing will drive in is local corporator's water-tank :D
    Strange how permission for high-rise is given?
    CommentQuote
  • Delivery and high rises

Originally Posted by realacres
    Man, it has been atleast 3 yrs & not a single flat has been delivered to the buyer.

I think the first set of flats are delivered early this year, not sure how many though. I can make this out only by looking at the work progress snaps (Feb 2011) - blueridge.in which shows a flat owner performing a puja (I believe after receiving it) and browsing through some of the news articles at Paranjape Schemes.

Someone also claimed that the work has stopped at the blue ridge and megapolis sites few months back, but I think this is also incorrect information as I have seen work in progress at the blue ridge site.

Originally Posted by realacres

High rises itself is a wrong policy decision and favors the builder/developer. I doubt our fire department's ability to fight any fire above 7th floor. Either their fire vehicles/machines are not capable or the narrow approach roads would undermine their ability to reach the ground zero in time.

Only allowing high rises in a center of the city is difficult in India as there is no planned development happened in the first place and hence vacating old residents (including surrounding areas) and building a new tower is almost close to impossible, even if it is allowed.

One can argue whether Hinjewadi will be a village after years to come. Probably Hinjewadi gaon will become a 'old town' as happened with the Pune city. This will only happen if IT continues to thrive.

I read in some article, as India is primarily a country of villages, Mahatma Gandhi wanted the development to happen around Villages rather than in Cities. The Government may be pursuing this 'policy' by promoting Hinjewadi and many other MIDC sites which are closer to the village areas.

One thing for sure, because of this shift, the city people are now attracted towards villages. I can see lot of Mumbai people travelling to Hinjewadi for work. It may be possible - just to give them the feeling of 'home', the government is allowing high rises in Hinjewadi!
    CommentQuote
  • The Govt laid down some norms where highrises are permitted but with strings attached. The major one being the area of the plot, the width of the approach road & density of adjacent areas. It is for this reason that God's Blessings, KP became the first high-rise building in the city. Royal Castel is coming up at Khadki.

Reason why high rises were allowed in townships is that the builder can build wide roads within the project, it enables builder to leave more open space on ground as required by township act & showing highrises also adds to marketing USP for the builder.

Coming to evacuation, fire:-

If you see the REFUGE AREA is always located on 8th floor of a building. Reason is the fire brigade has a capacity only till that height. There are just 1-2 fire engines having higher capacity but is of no use when it needs to cater to entire city.

Buying above 8th floor means no direct access to your flat for fireman just in case of any eventuality.

* I am not surprised with Govt policies with regards the constro as there is no RESPECT FOR LIFE in this country. Forget high-rises, several projects don't even comply to seismic zone 3 earthquake norms. Just a major earthquake, & atleast 70% of projects built in past 5-6 yrs will come crashing down. Man, don't forget, builders are selling us western concept designs with Indian infra. It is like taking a ride in Volvo bus with an engine of a rickshaw :D.
    CommentQuote
    The Govt laid down some norms where highrises are permitted but with strings attached. The major one being the area of the plot, the width of the approach road & density of adjacent areas. It is for this reason that God's Blessings, KP became the first high-rise building in the city. Royal Castel is coming up at Khadki.

Reason why high rises were allowed in townships is that the builder can build wide roads within the project, it enables builder to leave more open space on ground as required by township act & showing highrises also adds to marketing USP for the builder.

Coming to evacuation, fire:-

If you see the REFUGE AREA is always located on 8th floor of a building. Reason is the fire brigade has a capacity only till that height. There are just 1-2 fire engines having higher capacity but is of no use when it needs to cater to entire city.

Buying above 8th floor means no direct access to your flat for fireman just in case of any eventuality.

* I am not surprised with Govt policies with regards the constro as there is no RESPECT FOR LIFE in this country. Forget high-rises, several projects don't even comply to seismic zone 3 earthquake norms. Just a major earthquake, & atleast 70% of projects built in past 5-6 yrs will come crashing down. Man, don't forget, builders are selling us western concept designs with Indian infra. It is like taking a ride in Volvo bus with an engine of a rickshaw :D.

That might be reason in god's blessing they have swimming pool on each floor :)
    CommentQuote
  • What is the rate and how much is total package for 2 and 3 BHK?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by puneri
    What is the rate and how much is total package for 2 and 3 BHK?

rates in BR is 4200 psf+ 2 lac for parking+ 1 lac for Infrastructure + other regular charges = total package for 2 bkh 50 - 55 L
    CommentQuote
  • Recently heard that Pranjpaee is breaking the Flagship Infra into two companies one for SEZ development and one for Residential area development. Not sure if there is any impact on buyer.
    CommentQuote
  • Anyone has any updates on T -1,2. HAve they given the possession and have people started living in?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Blue Ridge
    Recently heard that Pranjpaee is breaking the Flagship Infra into two companies one for SEZ development and one for Residential area development. Not sure if there is any impact on buyer.

If I am correct, 3i, a PE in BR via flagship has pulled out from this project to large extent. Maybe this is the reason, they are dividing the company.

* BR was advertising new project of 2/3 BHK flats along-with mangoes in several newspapers. Now as mangoes are disappearing from the market, have the flats here too been sold out, as usual ??
    CommentQuote
  • Dear realacres,

I respect your RE knowledge, but is there any reason or rather are there any reasons you do not like BR?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SunAndSand
    Dear realacres,

I respect your RE knowledge, but is there any reason or rather are there any reasons you do not like BR?

Real doesn't like any builder so no need to take doubt on his credentials. Just kidding :)
    CommentQuote
  • Agree - no kidding :D
    CommentQuote