Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3896 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by BaagadBilla
    Two years ago they quoted me 1.2 Cr (excl taxes and maintenance) for a 1700+ sq ft. Today they must be quoting about 1.40 Cr. Add taxes and maintenance.

People who can spend that kind of money do not need to post here. So this thread is silent.

They did not give me a rate for maintenance. They said it is at actuals ?? (How does that work?)

Blue ridge is a very good attempt at creating a gated community premium project. However when I visited a friend who lives in T1 (on rent), I found that it was way below my expectations. Still a very good attempt.

Prices are still the same so you made a good decision

Project is coming up well now...more from end use perspective…builder is delivering on all his prospectus promies…a rather unique thing in RE

I find project a confused one...on one hand builder wanted to provide upcale things like golf, riverbed activities etc....on other hand it made 100s of 1bhk-2bhk...I got this feeling when I visited place recently....once all towers will be built...there will be just too many people for amenities provided
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BaagadBilla
    Two years ago they quoted me 1.2 Cr (excl taxes and maintenance) for a 1700+ sq ft. Today they must be quoting about 1.40 Cr. Add taxes and maintenance.

People who can spend that kind of money do not need to post here. So this thread is silent.

Not sure what you mean by that.

Originally Posted by Baruch

I find project a confused one...on one hand builder wanted to provide upcale things like golf, riverbed activities etc....on other hand it made 100s of 1bhk-2bhk...I got this feeling when I visited place recently....once all towers will be built...there will be just too many people for amenities provided

I visited my flat last month. Earlier there were families staying on on the floor. Now I find that the families are gone and taken up by bachelors. I think BR is in a catch 22 situation. Because of high maintenance, the rents increased dramatically. Families refused to pay and many moved out and now we seem to have bachelors moving in. If 5-6 bachelors stay together the rent increase is not much per person. Too many bachelors will change the character of the township.

Within limits I am not opposed to bachelors but if families are moving out, I find it cause for concern.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    Prices are still the same so you made a good decision

Project is coming up well now...more from end use perspective…builder is delivering on all his prospectus promies…a rather unique thing in RE

--- there will be just too many people for amenities provided

That probably is the reason for my disappointment.
    Overall I found it to be a good project.
    CommentQuote
  • p

Originally Posted by BaagadBilla
    --- there will be just too many people for amenities provided

That probably is the reason for my disappointment.
    Overall I found it to be a good project.

I also find that BR is now coming in under my expectations. I pictured a premium property and of course I was prepared to pay higher maintenance commensurate with a premium property.

However I find that now the soceity is in a cost cutting mode. I found that the number of lights in the lobbies have been reduced (Some are switched off) to save on electricity bills. I also find that the light levels in the parking are very low, some areas are in fact very dark.

A very practical decision no doubt, but not in line with what I had in mind.

"Premium" has to be different from others. Otherwise why would one pay significantly higher tham average to buy at BR?

"Premium" action should have been to replace lights with LED lights. So lower energy would be consumed while keeping the lights at a "premium" level.
    CommentQuote
  • BR is definitely a good project but it is charging too much for what it is. I had enquired about a 2 BHK in BR a few weeks back and it was coming to almost 1 Cr all inclusive !. This is way too much
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by T12BROwner
    I also find that BR is now coming in under my expectations. I pictured a premium property and of course I was prepared to pay higher maintenance commensurate with a premium property.

However I find that now the soceity is in a cost cutting mode. I found that the number of lights in the lobbies have been reduced (Some are switched off) to save on electricity bills. I also find that the light levels in the parking are very low, some areas are in fact very dark.

A very practical decision no doubt, but not in line with what I had in mind.

"Premium" has to be different from others. Otherwise why would one pay significantly higher tham average to buy at BR?

"Premium" action should have been to replace lights with LED lights. So lower energy would be consumed while keeping the lights at a "premium" level.

LEDs are definitely the best option if they want to cut lighting costs. They have to maintain the premiumness if they want to charge premium costs.

BR still is (or feels) more premium than others in its locality. They do not have competition therefore they can do these things and get away with it for now.

Originally Posted by ashwinrath
    BR is definitely a good project but it is charging too much for what it is. I had enquired about a 2 BHK in BR a few weeks back and it was coming to almost 1 Cr all inclusive !. This is way too much

I agree. Upfront cost is quite high. But I still think a very good attempt. I cannot afford it right now. I may consider saving for another year and hope that the price graph remains flat. Otherwise, will look for something else.
    CommentQuote
  • Very high cost without preumness. cost is unreasonably high
    CommentQuote
  • Hey All,

I have recently visited the projects in hinjewadi area right frm Bluridge, Megapolis, Eon Homes & Parimal Ashok Meadows.

All the projects are more or less of the same quality.

Old chaps are requested to advise as I have to decide on Eon Homes / Blue Ridge / Ashok Meadows
    CommentQuote
  • In my opinion BR is best but rates are ridiculous.

I hear that paranjpe is selling 2bhk with possession in 2017 for 98-99 lakhs. Makes me laugh and scared at the same time.

I bought the flat for my kids. But seeing the unrealistic prices I often get tempted to sell.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by T12BROwner
    In my opinion BR is best but rates are ridiculous.

I hear that paranjpe is selling 2bhk with possession in 2017 for 98-99 lakhs. Makes me laugh and scared at the same time.

I bought the flat for my kids. But seeing the unrealistic prices I often get tempted to sell.

So what should be the rate according to you? Are you saying that rates are only high at Blue Ridge or elsewhere too? As far as I can tell, BR rates have seen no movement for the past one year or so.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    So what should be the rate according to you? Are you saying that rates are only high at Blue Ridge or elsewhere too? As far as I can tell, BR rates have seen no movement for the past one year or so.

Nothing special. There in no movement (Upward) in most of the projects PAN-India.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012

I don't track rates other than BR. I own a flat in BR so am concerned only with the situation there.

With respect to BR, I think resale rates are stagnant but paranjpe continues to inflate the price for new ones. My friend had inquired in 2014 and the agreement value for the larger 2bhk was 85L, now he is asking 92L.
    CommentQuote
  • I have been to BR 4-5 times in last few months and some update

1. Society is slowly taking nice shape. With more people moving in and many shops getting opened, it will become fairly livable.

2. Paranjape builder has opened its office on the front of the project. This ensures that builder will not dramatically mess up things towards fag end of construction. They probably intend to make it their flagship project.

3. Landscaping is really coming out well in all parts of township.

4. Tennis courts near school have been opened for usage by all residents at nominal charges. Not the best of the courts…fairly average feel compared to what one gets in Megapolis.

5. Issue of blocked entrance of township in office hours remains one major challenge as other entrance ( from behind the school and the one which goes via village route to around shell petrol pump) is not working out due to very narrow road.

6. Club work has not even started. It’s a very bad news on two fronts….a) unlikely to be completed before 2020 so all those who bought the membership can continue to feel cheated b) good chance that builder will force few more towers in that space to utilize any leftover FSI and that will kill dreams of those who thought it’s as a luxury project

7. In terms of pricing (for investors), its bravado of dealer to maintain the price ( amid slump everywhere else). It shows the project has got demand. Only jokers in the pack are a) opening of second phase of SEZ ( which will bring more working folks closer the project) and b) distinct possibility of seeing Shiva Ji Nagar – Hinjewadi metro to work out in next 5-7 years. Everything else is in price.
    CommentQuote
  • @baruch, what is your opinion on the "premiumness" of BR over megapolis?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    I have been to BR 4-5 times in last few months and some update

6. Club work has not even started. It’s a very bad news on two fronts….a) unlikely to be completed before 2020 so all those who bought the membership can continue to feel cheated b) good chance that builder will force few more towers in that space to utilize any leftover FSI and that will kill dreams of those who thought it’s as a luxury project

That is my constant worry. That Paranjpe may disrupt the existing feel by constructing additional towers.
    CommentQuote