Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3885 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Aundh rate per sqft 1500 to 10000

@Baruch

1. Aundh/Baner rates in 2003-04 were around 1500-2000...todays rate around 10000

(Societies..Belvedere/Vascon/Sylvan/Chaitraban....so on )

2. Aloma County launched in 2010 ..2bhk flat for 55 L
    Today's price -Resale --more than 1CR
    BR launched on May 5 2011 (2 new towers 30 floors) 2bhk - 50L
    Today's resale price - 75L (still owners not able to sell..ready to negotiate)

Also
    Megapolis - 2BHK Resale price 55L
    Today pre launch of Achalare 2BHK beside Infosys phase 2 - 39L (no amenities -only kids play area/lawn)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amitanshu
    Please do not hype BR. There is nothing so magnificent about it, the way you have quoted things.

It would be good if you can elaborate otherwise you will be considered a troll.

Leave BR aside, but it is quite unfortunate to see people not considering pollution as one of the factors when choosing real estate.
    CommentQuote
  • Blue Ridge Hyped

Originally Posted by pnq2012
    It would be good if you can elaborate otherwise you will be considered a troll.

Leave BR aside, but it is quite unfortunate to see people not considering pollution as one of the factors when choosing real estate.

Looks like there is only one chowk in Pune that is polluted !

Let me know, if you need sources of my statistics.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hinjewadi chowk from BR residences is around 3 kms, maybe 1 km of "crow fly distance". As per US EPA ratings, residential property must not be within 300 meters from a major busy highway. You can read more about it
    Near Roadway Air Pollution and Health | Transportation and Air Quality | US EPA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I quoted US EPA standards because unfortunately India does not follow any standard. They may have one but is not enforced.
    -- Please provide relevant and valid facts and arguments.
    US EPA ratings also suggest that residence should be minimum 100 feet away from a busy street. I still won't call the BR internal roads, busy streets yet, not to mention , most of the apartments are more than 100 feet away.

Hinjewadi may be a village but has no effect on BR. Yes, it has some effect on development & hinders infrastructure up to some extent. But it is matter of time when things get developed.

A friend of mine, who has worked as a city planner in the US, studied the BR township plan & gave thumbs up. As per her, that is what India needs. Better planning and open spaces. Unfortunately, you don't see that much in the city.

Anyways, I'm not at all disturbed about negative criticism of Blue Ridge. I have seen it coming for the past 5 years or more on this forum even before it was built. Now, with more than 60% of project done, consumers definitely have more power to decide.
    Anyways, I'm not at all disturbed about negative criticism of Blue Ridge. I have seen it coming for the past 5 years or more on this forum even before it was built. Now, with more than 60% of project done, consumers definitely have more power to decide.
    CommentQuote
  • @amitanshu - thanks for the clarifications. If EPA standards are not important to you, then I cannot say much. But I always advise people to consider pollution as one of the factors when buying property. My point (which you thought was hype) was to say that HJW traffic and pollution has no effect on BR. Now, if people still think otherwise and do not want to believe a resident, I can't help much there either. I'm just stating my experience and facts. Pollution free environment is a big plus at BR and I don't mind mentioning that on this forum.
    CommentQuote
  • Clarification

Originally Posted by pnq2012
    @amitanshu - thanks for the clarifications. If EPA standards are not important to you, then I cannot say much. But I always advise people to consider pollution as one of the factors when buying property. My point (which you thought was hype) was to say that HJW traffic and pollution has no effect on BR. Now, if people still think otherwise and do not want to believe a resident, I can't help much there either. I'm just stating my experience and facts. Pollution free environment is a big plus at BR and I don't mind mentioning that on this forum.

Dear Friend,

I am not an avid reader of what all developments had have been happening across EPA standards, however, my awareness is marked to a basic level. I will be in agreement with some of your points, have you been stated the construction quality,overall layout of BR, which is indeed a point to be appreciated. However, some points like Hinjewadi traffic and pollution has no effect on BR does not sound justified. Just because it has a river in close vicinity does not counter the pollution, which is because of the SEZ Zone inside the campus. BR guys have done a great job in keeping the pollution/ SEZ environment away from BR residents to an extent, however, not to that extent where we can consider it pollution free.

Rest the choice is subjective and accept my apologies if I have hurt your sentiments in any way. I was just expressing my opinions with underlying facts.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amitanshu

Rest the choice is subjective and accept my apologies if I have hurt your sentiments in any way. I was just expressing my opinions with underlying facts.

No apologies needed. I appreciate your responses. Just trying to have a constructive debate that could benefit the forum and readers.
    CommentQuote
  • troll alert

This thread is being unnecessarily bumped up in the forum due to trolling and defensive posts. Hype or no hype , the only reason BR is sought after is because it is close to the IT park at Hinjewadi. Infact the only reason the whole of West Pune is sought after IS because it is close to the Hinjewadi IT park.
    CommentQuote
  • The Bubble

Seems like we enjoy living in this bubble where we feel we are really in control of everything.
    Our posts affect sales in these projects... Bumping up a tread really matters...
    :)
    To a certain level maybe Yes...
    There might be one odd Charlie who reads these forums and makes his decisions.

The rest would go down to Hinjewadi and find out for themselves if the project suits their needs.

Here its all about having a nice chit chat. Some people who live here love the project and will defend their choice. There are some to whom it just doesn't make sense and will keep criticizing it.
    Neither will change their opinion. The days we have more notifications on whatsapp etc.. No one will bother with iref.
    As for the other days... Well here I am too.. IT's that day :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashwinrath
    This thread is being unnecessarily bumped up in the forum due to trolling and defensive posts. Hype or no hype , the only reason BR is sought after is because it is close to the IT park at Hinjewadi. Infact the only reason the whole of West Pune is sought after IS because it is close to the Hinjewadi IT park.

Yes, Pune West is indeed IT dominated (and therefore IT dependent). Most of the Pune West RE market (Hinjawadi, Wakad, PS, Rahatani, Tathawade) will not be able to survive a significant downturn in the IT industry.

BR has two advantages. One is that it is close to the SEZ and the other is that it fits in perfectly with the mental picture of a home for the US-returned folks. They find it easy to relate to BR than to anything else available nearby.
    CommentQuote
  • very less activity
    CommentQuote

Just wait till a new potential buyer posts a query about rates..
    We will have approximately 20 pages being re posted over a period of two days :)

Next big "discussion" will be coming up soon..

As soon as the 30 floors of T23 are done..
    We will have a bout of debates on how long our Mr P will sit on peoples money before handing over posession.

Till then its the calm before the storm. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Any word on the possession dates for building 7 and 8 (B7 and B8)? Tried checking with the BR office; No response yet.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guestfrom80s
    Any word on the possession dates for building 7 and 8 (B7 and B8)? Tried checking with the BR office; No response yet.

From what I have heard, they are targeting possessions in Aug/Sept time frame.
    CommentQuote
  • I have sold my 2BHK (larger one) in T12 for 83.5 Lakhs (direct, no broker). Started with asking price of 88L around 3 months ago. Around 14 parties came to see the flat, 4 made reasonable offers, but 3 wanted to pay part in cash so I went with the fourth one. I have received token money of Rs 3.5L and the deal will be completed in Dec when the buyer (NRI) comes to India.

I did this sale entirely through word-of-mouth using friends, relatives and colleagues. The final buyer is a colleague's brother.

What I observed from this "selling" experience:
    - Most "buyers" were ones who were selling their flat some place else and planning to re-invest here
    - Many were NRIs or their representatives
    - Almost all potential buyers were 35+ years of age

Why I sold:

- The main reason was that I am uncomfortable with current prices. Though I am financially well-off, I myself would think thrice before buying my own flat at current prices. Pune west is IT dependent and even 10+ years experienced IT people would find it difficult to buy at current prices, unless both husband/wife are working. Or else they must be re-investors or NRI. I always wondered who the future buyers are going to be if prices continue to escalate. I have made good returns on this flat and wanted to get out of it at the top.

- The other, though minor, reason was that I was disappointed in how BR shaped up as compared to my expectations. Overall all constructions quality was below expectations. Also facilities I expected to work from day one (such as garbage disposal) have never worked since I took possession. I also don't like it that amenities are being shut (one of the two swimming pools is shut).

Now since I am no longer a T12 BR Owner, I will come back later with a different user id.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by T12BROwner
    I have sold my 2BHK (larger one) in T12 for 83.5 Lakhs (direct, no broker). Started with asking price of 88L around 3 months ago. Around 14 parties came to see the flat, 4 made reasonable offers, but 3 wanted to pay part in cash so I went with the fourth one. I have received token money of Rs 3.5L and the deal will be completed in Dec when the buyer (NRI) comes to India.

I did this sale entirely through word-of-mouth using friends, relatives and colleagues. The final buyer is a colleague's brother.

What I observed from this "selling" experience:
    - Most "buyers" were ones who were selling their flat some place else and planning to re-invest here
    - Many were NRIs or their representatives
    - Almost all potential buyers were 35+ years of age

Why I sold:

- The main reason was that I am uncomfortable with current prices. Though I am financially well-off, I myself would think thrice before buying my own flat at current prices. Pune west is IT dependent and even 10+ years experienced IT people would find it difficult to buy at current prices, unless both husband/wife are working. Or else they must be re-investors or NRI. I always wondered who the future buyers are going to be if prices continue to escalate. I have made good returns on this flat and wanted to get out of it at the top.

- The other, though minor, reason was that I was disappointed in how BR shaped up as compared to my expectations. Overall all constructions quality was below expectations. Also facilities I expected to work from day one (such as garbage disposal) have never worked since I took possession. I also don't like it that amenities are being shut (one of the two swimming pools is shut).

Now since I am no longer a T12 BR Owner, I will come back later with a different user id.

You can always send a PM to me and request for a change in ID . If u r sending a PM, do suggest some new usernames .

Member Names

Member names may NOT contain any offensive, racist, ually explicit, profane, abusive or otherwise objectionable terms. Also, you may NOT use a confusing or intentionally misleading member name or a member name that is confusingly similar to that of an existing member, administrator or moderator. You will not choose a username that is the same as a website domain, subdomain, or URL for which you are associated. . Also, signing up a user name that is an obvious domain name or product name is not permitted. This is out of unfair promotion considerations as well as trademark implications.

AVOID using GENERIC ‘username’ such as ‘homebuyer’, ‘gurgaoninvestor’, ‘genuinebuyer’, ‘househunter’, ‘realtyman’, ‘want2buy’, 'flathunt’, ‘realestateguy’, ‘investinpune’etc.
    CommentQuote