Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3928 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • It varies from city to city - In Chennai , rentals exclude maintenance and maintenance is paid by tenant

In Pune, it's the other way round

In any case, it does not really matter because the rental market dynamics will ensure that this gets netted out..

If Pune rentals excluded maintenance, the actual rental rates would be even lower that what they are today
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anirban8
    May be around 14-14.5k for unfurnished

14-7=7K. that means the owner is getting only 7k/month?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by poddar
    14-7=7K. that means the owner is getting only 7k/month?

This was my guess. I am not sure the current rents of Blue Ridge. Somebody said it is around 16k. btw, how much is the maintenance charges in BR?
    CommentQuote
  • 7 K a month makes a 2 BHK in BR a very bad investment based on the rates since the past 3 years !.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashwinrath
    7 K a month makes a 2 BHK in BR a very bad investment based on the rates since the past 3 years !.

If anyone is buying property because of rental return, then that is a bad investment. This applies pretty much everywhere. Rental income is like a bonus but main return is the appreciation ! Having said that, with current market conditions, investing in property is risky, may it be then Blue Ridge or any other place.
    CommentQuote
    7 K a month makes a 2 BHK in BR a very bad investment based on the rates since the past 3 years !.

I agree with you, here builder is eating all your possible appreciation by selling on very high prices.
    CommentQuote
  • It is clear that builder is making money out of maintenance also.
    CommentQuote
  • Even if its not an investment, BR will certainly suck you dry even if you are an NRI/ Phoren Return. My friend who returned from UK recently purchased a property in Baner worth about 80L with a down payment of 40 L and a loan of another 40. Had he done that in BR his effective EMI would be close to 50K a month !. Thats a cool 6 L a year for just staying in the house. I am not even adding electric bills and property tax !.
    CommentQuote
    Even if its not an investment, BR will certainly suck you dry even if you are an NRI/ Phoren Return. My friend who returned from UK recently purchased a property in Baner worth about 80L with a down payment of 40 L and a loan of another 40. Had he done that in BR his effective EMI would be close to 50K a month !. Thats a cool 6 L a year for just staying in the house. I am not even adding electric bills and property tax !.

Things will be different on a case by case basis. It is important for buyers to do such price analysis before buying property. Point is - buying property for ownership and for investment are two different things.

For investors, other important thing to consider is future demand. Developing areas will have more demand than developed ones, so return on investment through appreciation will be higher but not necessarily true with rental income.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    Things will be different on a case by case basis. It is important for buyers to do such price analysis before buying property. Point is - buying property for ownership and for investment are two different things.

For investors, other important thing to consider is future demand. Developing areas will have more demand than developed ones, so return on investment through appreciation will be higher but not necessarily true with rental income.

Investors are in a trap. & not able to exit at this high price. There may be appreciation in developers rate , But investors will not get that rate . Only the project with units having low ticket price will have more demand.
    CommentQuote
  • Word on the streets is that any 2bhk priced 75L+ is getting hard to sell in the resale market. I
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by T12BROwner
    Word on the streets is that any 2bhk priced 75L+ is getting hard to sell in the resale market. I

Frankly, i believe that is a good thing. I have bought into BR at almost 1cr for a 3 bhk and I do recall feeling that im not getting my moneys worth. The main reason for buying was for end use and i found BR layout and lifestyle the most appealing of the lot. If things are on a downward trend from a price perspective, we can expect investors to stay away. I would be more than happy to have a owner living next door rather than an empty investor flat or 6 bachelors next door if the investor is trying to recover anything that he can
    CommentQuote
  • At these prices you should have fear that you'll get any neighbor or not.. builder constructs the other side of flat or keeps it hollow space until he gets a buyer :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by investwest
    At these prices you should have fear that you'll get any neighbor or not.. builder constructs the other side of flat or keeps it hollow space until he gets a buyer :D

Uncompleted & Partially sold projects are going to be delayed.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello,

can anyone clarify if the 7000 Rs. maintenance also includes water charges? or they are on top? Thanks!
    CommentQuote