Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3896 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by poddar
    Draining water for townships from river will definitely have adverse effect on farmers downstream the township. Is there a meter installed in this township to measure the quantity of water being drained up by the township from the river ?

Township water is metered. Tell me how many Pune societies are metered and keep track of their water consumption? There is no way to even measure the consumption pattern once you incorporate tanker use.

Folks, the townships are not unauthorized development projects nor they are a new concept. The National Housing and Habitat policy proposed townships in 1998 to make better use of resources & provide a better lifestyle to residents. This is an international concept that functions better than the local municipal entities. Corporations only see money - why do you think there is so much RE development? Why do you think Corporations want more villages even though we all know that they do not have enough resources?

With your logic, there should not be any development at all in Pune because the rivers pass through the city and all farmers to the east of Pune, east of Magarpatta city will get adversely affected.
    CommentQuote
  • better lifestyle and better infra and so much better - the prices are better too and so the maintenance.
    At my native we have a bungalow, we keep our external light ON because we wish that there should be light in the compound in the night, otherwise we don't need to keep it ON - why I mentioned this - we don't need to pay for lightning the road and common spaces such as colony open space and we just pay for what we use for our personal needs.
    Our maid keeps the dustbin out and we don't need to pay for the guys who lift it from there - municipality pays for them.

I stay in a so called big society (not a township) where we need to pay for the lightening of common passages in the building and in the premises (outside the building and obviously outside our home) - we also need to pay for guys who take garbage from our door to society gate and we also need to pay for cleaners to keep common passage in buildings and in society compound clean - local municipal body used to do all of these for us in our native but as we are living in a upgraded lifestyle now, we need to pay extra for this lifestyle.

There are many such examples of added expenditure on top of multi-fold property taxes.

In townships, I also need to pay for lightening and cleaning of roads and spaces outside my home, building and society compound. This is the cost of better lifestyle.

This is all loot if you observe it closely (no matter a township or a small society) - more than 95% housing societies in Maharashtra are non profit bodies but still we need to pay for society electricity at commercial rates, we need to pay for cleaners, security and so on. we are also made to pay for water by meter, we are also made to pay separate property tax for some amenities if they are constructed as separate structure and so on.

Only point is - the better lifestyle you want, be ready to pay better for it :)
    CommentQuote
  • Golf club membership

Hi All,
    Has any one taken Golf membership recently?
    I'm assuming that there is potential new building to be built around the proposed club house?
    Has any one played golf there? How are the facilities ?
    Regards
    CommentQuote
  • I will suggest that dont buy memberhsip

its too costly for PROPOSED club along with 9 hole course

better take membership at Oxford if you really like golf

Anyways golf course is availble at nominal charges for non-members and unlesss you are already a golfer...good chance that you wont go more than 3-4 times a year

the way they have stopped talking about club...I suspect there will be club at all...they will rather make 3-4 more building in that area
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anandji
    Hi All,
    I'm assuming that there is potential new building to be built around the proposed club house?
    Regards

@pnq2012 could probably know some details.
    CommentQuote
  • Interesting observations on current BR asking rates as per 99 acres site ...

Filtering ads on criteria: Blue Ridge, 2+3BHK, Ready to Move, Resale and then eliminating duplicates from same person or agent (unless rates were significantly different), here is the summary from the first page of the search results (3rd value is the per sq.ft rate):

2BHK - 1360 sq.ft. Rs 6545
    3BHK - 1810 sq.ft. Rs 6077
    2BHK - 1355 sq.ft. Rs 8287
    2BHK - 1370 sq.ft. Rs 6205
    3BHK - 1730 sq.ft. Rs 8093
    3BHK - 1800 sq.ft. Rs 6112

Rates vary a lot from Rs 6077 per sq.ft to Rs 8287 per sq.ft ... that's a 36% difference in asking rates for the same project.

The Highest priced 2BHK turns out to be costlier than the Lowest priced 3BHK.

I had trouble selling at rate of Rs 6500 (ended up selling at Rs 6250, that too since I got NRI buyer). Some people are asking a rate of Rs 8000+.

Looks like we are headed in to interesting times in the BR resale market.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by T12BROwner

I had trouble selling at rate of Rs 6500 (ended up selling at Rs 6250, that too since I got NRI buyer). Some people are asking a rate of Rs 8000+.

on boy! aren't you lucky to have managed an exit at that price point ?!
    CommentQuote
  • Fire at high rise luxury apt...watch our BR owners

check the link

https://in.screen.yahoo.com/factual/raw-fire-engulfs-22-storey-012719457.html

watch out BR owners...and considering the skills . alertness and technology available with PMC or PCMC fire brigades...god help if there is fire...!!

Mumbai ateast has navy helicopters..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mmulye
    check the link

watch out BR owners...and considering the skills . alertness and technology available with PMC or PCMC fire brigades...god help if there is fire...!!

they also charge you more for higher floors (since they are actually taking you closer to heaven! :-))
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anandji
    Hi All,
    Regards

As Baruch; said, golf membership is not worth it if you are not an avid golfer. Last I heard was that they will be building two towers out of which bottom few floors will be the club. Thanks to Govt's FSI rules relaxation

Originally Posted by T12BROwner

Rates vary a lot from Rs 6077 per sq.ft to Rs 8287 per sq.ft ... that's a 36% difference in asking rates for the same project.

The Highest priced 2BHK turns out to be costlier than the Lowest priced 3BHK.

That is the case pretty much everywhere. Rate never plays a role in resale. 3 years back when I was in Balewadi, I know people bought 2 BHK (1000 sq. ft) flats for 67 Lakhs and 3 BHK (1400 sq. ft) for 78 Lakhs. Do the math - rate variation from 5500 to 6700 with 2 BHK costing more. And you will notice that throughout Pune. Also, if a flat has all interior done (kitchen, false ceiling etc), you will see a higher rate.

Originally Posted by mmulye
    check the link

Unfortunately, such things happen. But if you read more about MiVan Aluminium formwork, they are more fire and earthquake resistant than conventional buildings.

We attended a meeting organized by Blue Ridge structural engineers - J W Consultants. (J W Consultants) . According to them, MiVan is more popular among high rise buildings because they are durable, more resistant to fire and earthquakes & faster to build.

You can read more about Aluminium Formwork at

Mivan Formwork-Aluminium Formwork

BTW, BR has a fire brigade with a ladder that can reach high floors too.

With your argument, one should not drive a bike or a car because of the high accident rate. Not to mention - how many Indian cars have side airbags when majority of accidents happen sideways due to our great citizens breaking the signals.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012

That is the case pretty much everywhere. Rate never plays a role in resale. 3 years back when I was in Balewadi, I know people bought 2 BHK (1000 sq. ft) flats for 67 Lakhs and 3 BHK (1400 sq. ft) for 78 Lakhs. Do the math - rate variation from 5500 to 6700 with 2 BHK costing more. And you will notice that throughout Pune. Also, if a flat has all interior done (kitchen, false ceiling etc), you will see a higher rate.

Sir I think you misunderstood.

The 2BHK would cost 1.12Cr at asking price and 3BHK would cost 1.09Cr at asking price.

Is it common for smaller flats to cost more than larger flats?

Especially since the 13xx 2BHK are road facing and the 18xx 3BHKs are golf-course facing.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by T12BROwner
    Sir I think you misunderstood.

The 2BHK would cost 1.12Cr at asking price and 3BHK would cost 1.09Cr at asking price.

Is it common for smaller flats to cost more than larger flats?

Especially since the 13xx 2BHK are road facing and the 18xx 3BHKs are golf-course facing.

No. I'm with you. I fully understand what you are saying. I was just giving another example that I had run into where rate was higher for a 2 BHK. If you add interior work or finished kitchen etc, then the cost goes up and can be higher than 3 BHK. What I meant was that if you search other societies, you may see a similar trend. But don't trust what you see on the online portals. Most of the prices are inflated by brokers with room for negotiation.

My point is - per sq. ft rate goes out of the window when you see resale prices. Ideally, the negotiation argument should be that if builder's rate is 6300 and if there are still flats available, then resale rate should be at par, maybe +/- 200 psft. But unfortunately that does not work. As a seller, you do not want that but as a buyer you do.

BTW, I heard that the rate is same for all flats now irrespective of whether they are golf facing or not. Just the floor rise rate increase applies.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    No. I'm with you. I fully understand what you are saying. I was just giving another example that I had run into where rate was higher for a 2 BHK. If you add interior work or finished kitchen etc, then the cost goes up and can be higher than 3 BHK. What I meant was that if you search other societies, you may see a similar trend. But don't trust what you see on the online portals. Most of the prices are inflated by brokers with room for negotiation.

My point is - per sq. ft rate goes out of the window when you see resale prices. Ideally, the negotiation argument should be that if builder's rate is 6300 and if there are still flats available, then resale rate should be at par, maybe +/- 200 psft. But unfortunately that does not work. As a seller, you do not want that but as a buyer you do.

BTW, I heard that the rate is same for all flats now irrespective of whether they are golf facing or not. Just the floor rise rate increase applies.

Thanks. I did a lot of research before selling my flat. My personal opinion based on my research is that the current viable rate or a resale to take place in BR is 6000 +/- 250. I also found that the expectation mismatch between buyers and sellers is increasing so at some point the resale market is going to "freeze" or slow down until expectations revert to mean.

Caveat: My personal research is not fool-proof and should not be considered as benchmark or "ground reality"
    CommentQuote
  • pnq2012;

In case of fire...it is speedy evacuation is of utmost importance...and with 1 or 2 ladders(if they are operative ) cannot accomodate all residents...most casualities in case of fire is due to suffocation and smoke..CO ..

Mivan construction is only fast..less leak proof and earthquake resistant,,not much about fire,,any way its whats inside a house that burns not the walls..

BTW: There is nothing new in Mivan ...i have stayed in the first Mivan building in Pune...built 11 years back..
    CommentQuote
  • Mivan?

Just curious, on what basis do you say "less leak proof and earthquake resistant,,not much about fire,,"

I tried to google up some info on Mivan tech.. but only come across sites which say the opposite.. Well I am not saying that I trust these sites and am willing to bet anything on this info.. but would be gr8 if you could share some links or the basis of your conclusion.

I hope its not just cuz u have lived in the First Mivan building in Pune :P

In that case since you are still around to post that, I think we are safe enough for the next 11 years.
    CommentQuote