Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3896 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by brres13
    Just curious, on what basis do you say "less leak proof and earthquake resistant,,not much about fire,,"

I tried to google up some info on Mivan tech.. but only come across sites which say the opposite.. Well I am not saying that I trust these sites and am willing to bet anything on this info.. but would be gr8 if you could share some links or the basis of your conclusion.

I hope its not just cuz u have lived in the First Mivan building in Pune :P

In that case since you are still around to post that, I think we are safe enough for the next 11 years.

Every construction technology is only earthquake resistant upto a certain limit. A structure made of material that bends and twists instead of crumbling and breaking is more earthquake resistant. This makes both mivan and traditional RCC less earthquake resistant than trussed steel beams and columns.

Regarding leakages - I think it would be a bigger pain to fix leakages in a mivan construction than in traditional RCC. RCC again is worse than "pre-fabricated" or "assembled" construction, where you can simply remove a wall or floor panel, fix the pipe and put the panel back in.

Earthquake-resistant Foundations and Materials - How Earthquake-resistant Buildings Work

Indian builders are still stuck in the stone ages regarding construction technologies. Same old and ugly RCC structures instead of moving towards pre-fabricated components and structures made of I-Beams.
    CommentQuote
    Just curious, on what basis do you say "less leak proof and earthquake resistant,,not much about fire,,"

I tried to google up some info on Mivan tech.. but only come across sites which say the opposite.. Well I am not saying that I trust these sites and am willing to bet anything on this info.. but would be gr8 if you could share some links or the basis of your conclusion.

I hope its not just cuz u have lived in the First Mivan building in Pune :P

In that case since you are still around to post that, I think we are safe enough for the next 11 years.

If you knew google..then you should have typed "Mivan prevents leakages" and would have got this link
    Construction Updates: MIVAN (Aluminium Formwork)

I have already left the first Mivan building...(moved to better technology construction)

Also if you ever invested in MF there is always a disclaimer "Past performance is no guarantee for the future returns" ...the same holds true in construction :bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BaagadBilla

Regarding leakages - I think it would be a bigger pain to fix leakages in a mivan construction than in traditional RCC. RCC again is worse than "pre-fabricated" or "assembled" construction, where you can simply remove a wall or floor panel, fix the pipe and put the panel back in.

I'm not aware of how the plumbing design is in other MiVan projects but at Blue Ridge, most of the pipe network is not concealed inside the framework but rather enclosed inside false ceilings, plaster walls and ducts. All electrical is inside channel pipes making it easier to put new wiring. You really don't have to break Mivan walls, which btw are hard to do & not recommended. Yes, drilling holes in Mivan is a pain.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    I'm not aware of how the plumbing design is in other MiVan projects but at Blue Ridge, most of the pipe network is not concealed inside the framework but rather enclosed inside false ceilings, plaster walls and ducts. All electrical is inside channel pipes making it easier to put new wiring. You really don't have to break Mivan walls, which btw are hard to do & not recommended. Yes, drilling holes in Mivan is a pain.

Thanks for the info.

We have to consider rains too (apart from leaking pipes, which as per your info is easily fixable in BR). It also said in one of the links that there are greater chances of seepage in monsoon when using mivan. I dont know what is the reason, or whether it is true. I would expect less seepage in mivan, not sure why the opposite is the case.

Precast and steel construction (like in western countries) is way better than both mivan and traditional RCC. Both from point of view of quake resistance as well as ease of repairs. I have even seen some buildings using thin I-Beams placed parallel together, bolted or welded to the main beams and smaller precast slabs placed on those ibeams to form a floor. In some cases I had seen corrugated sheets being used to form the base for the slabs. I have also seen balconies bolted and welded on to the structure unlike our balconies which are part of RCC or mivan slab. I have also seen RCC structures (not all buildings are steel beams)

In the end, it depends on quality of workmanship , whatever technology we use. And quality of construction in India (particularly in Pune) is simply pathetic. Almost every other apartment building has seepage in either parking, lobbies or inside one or more flats. Agar yeh log RCC bhi dhang se kar le to acchi baat hai.
    CommentQuote
  • London Architects build - human & Car fryers

The great architects of London have built a building which can melt cars (god knows of people)

....wow what technology ...lololol...:bab (59)::bab (59):

'Walkie-Talkie' skyscraper melts Jaguar car parts - BBC News
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mmulye
    If you knew google..then you should have typed "Mivan prevents leakages" and would have got this link
    Construction Updates: MIVAN (Aluminium Formwork)

I have already left the first Mivan building...(moved to better technology construction)

Also if you ever invested in MF there is always a disclaimer "Past performance is no guarantee for the future returns" ...the same holds true in construction :bab (59):

I'm still trying to digest the logic behind that...
    So let me get this right.. If I knew "Google"
    Somehow i would Know that to get the "Correct" answer i HAVE to type "Mivan prevents leakages "
    I should consult u for all my future google queries :P
    CommentQuote
    I'm still trying to digest the logic behind that...
    So let me get this right.. If I knew "Google"
    Somehow i would Know that to get the "Correct" answer i HAVE to type "Mivan prevents leakages "
    I should consult u for all my future google queries :P

Learn :
    How To Use Google To Search

Interactive online Google tutorial and references - Google Guide
    CommentQuote
  • C'mon guys

C'mon guys

Change the topic now please!?

Can any one be able to share latest pics of BR from high rise?

I'm repenting taking river view as Golf view seems to be better one..

Take care
    CommentQuote
  • GC view

It is a tough choice :) changed our booking also initially a couple of times between the GC view and River view

Finally settled in the GC view only cuz the river view could and would change if there was more construction on the other side.

Neways 30 floors of T23 and 19 floors of T20 are ready.. Mr P is in full swing
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Monsoon time is good at BR. Some pictures.

The first one is a recent one where it shows good water level in the river. After the recent rains, water level is full. Today morning, it had breached the beach level. Mulshi dam, which releases water in river Mula, is at 72%.

The second one is an old one, shared by a friend.
    Third one was taken in the evening & came out pretty well.

BTW, we just wrapped up our AGM today. Key highlight was Mr. Paranjape, dropping in to answer some questions from residents.

- Some minor reduction in maintenance charges expected
    - Mr. Paranjape attended the AGM and answered some key questions, offering his team's support within his capacity.
    - He offered his help to reduce the maintenance charges by offering some cost cutting solutions
    - He made it clear that he won't take full responsibility of unsold flats but will share some burden by paying the township charges for those flats to the society
    - He hinted that there could be some special offers coming up soon. Work will continue in full swing on the new towers.
    - He said that there is absolutely no problem at Blue Ridge because of water crisis.
    - Still as a precaution and to support water conservation, Unit B society has decided to shut down the swimming pools for the next 6 months. I think that is a good gesture.

Other key points gathered after talking so society committee:

- In Unit A society (towers 1-8), only 4 flats remain unsold, which are mostly the ground floor flats.
    - In Unit B society (tower 9-14), around 80 flats remain unsold, largely due to slow market.
    - Rough Occupancy % (including tenants) has crossed 70%, which is amazingly high - a good sign for upcoming townships. Would be interesting to find out what is the occupancy % at Megapolis
    - A new Subway sandwich shop has opened inside Blue Ridge. More shops on their way.

Overall, good times at Blue Ridge.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Great inputs. I did not attend the AGM so good to know the highlights in a nutshell.

Great Photos too.

Originally Posted by pnq2012

- He hinted that there could be some special offers coming up soon. Work will continue in full swing on the new towers.

- In Unit B society (tower 9-14), around 80 flats remain unsold, largely due to slow market.

Strange behavior by Builder. He is going to make "special offers" for new towers. At same time he has 80+ unsold inventory that he admits is due to "slow market" but does not want to reduce prices and clear them.

Society has to take a hit on maintenance charges due to Paranjpe's greed.

When I was doing R&D to sell my flat, I wanted to check what Paranjpe is offering for unsold flats in Unit B. So I went to their office as a buyer to check. I was told there is nothing available in Unit B. I had checked unsold flats in all building (9-14) beforehand so I knew there was at least one 2BHK available unsold. I tried cross questioning the sales girl but she was adamant that "absolutely nothing" is available in current buildings.
    CommentQuote
  • Great pics guys..Thank you for the pictures. . BR looks beautiful during day and night both. ..
    Great golf course. ..Any pics of club house would be great. ..
    Thanks again for your efforts. .
    CommentQuote
  • Hmm,.. I had few GC view options on higher floors... The lower floor option -river view was available because someone was having doubt re BR.
    Gosh.. T20 19 floors ready?? I've to get ready for next payment then..
    Originally Posted by brres13
    It is a tough choice :) changed our booking also initially a couple of times between the GC view and River view

Finally settled in the GC view only cuz the river view could and would change if there was more construction on the other side.

Neways 30 floors of T23 and 19 floors of T20 are ready.. Mr P is in full swing
    CommentQuote
  • Just got an update from BR: Building 7 and 8 getting ready for possession stage in 1-2 weeks.
    CommentQuote
  • T20- 20th floor

I've received email stating 20th floor is ready.. Has anyone seen the completion? Pictures sent don't show it clearly..thanks
    CommentQuote