Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
Reply
3885 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    My friend is an owner in BR who has been staying there for 2.5 years now. His biggest worry is fire safety. The external fire alarm system is disabled. The fire/smoke detectors in the common areas don't work, some even have the factory plastic cover on them so it is clear that no one has bothered to ever test them.

    He has never seen any kind of fire drill in the time he stayed there. Considering that a tower has between 100-125 flats, if a fire broke out, can the fire brigade evacuate all residents in time? And three towers are connected so if the fire spreads they could have residents of up to 350 flats at risk at the same time. That's a lot of people to evacuate very fast. Is it even possible?

    He says that with respect to fire safety, it is all "Ram Bharose"


    If you point this out to the builder, he will say - I have given you fire refuge area , isnt it? :D

    I dont know what he is charging exorbitant maintenance charges for?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bigbloodyt
    You need to work on your comprehension skills. I never even remotely insinuated that muggings are okay. I just pointed out that the links were really old and added the facts that I am aware of.

    Enough said, I don't want to make the conversation personal. Peace out.


    "There have been incidents of mugging but almost all I have heard about have happened on connecting roads to Hinjewadi or on the highway. Haven't heard of Hinjewadi itself being the scene of violent crimes."

    this means there have been incidents of mugging but you haven't heard any incidents of violent crimes.

    if you go to the doctor and he says, there are traces of flu in your blood, but he was not able to find any traces of cancerous cells in it....

    it means that you are going to be ok as its just flu. Unfortunately that is how English works...

    my point being, the location is remote and even muggings are not ok in the surronding areas. you and your family deserve to be in a better location which will turn out to be a better bet even with no flashy amenities like a golf course or swimming pool....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by attestedcopy
    "There have been incidents of mugging but almost all I have heard about have happened on connecting roads to Hinjewadi or on the highway. Haven't heard of Hinjewadi itself being the scene of violent crimes."



    this means there have been incidents of mugging but you haven't heard any incidents of violent crimes.



    if you go to the doctor and he says, there are traces of flu in your blood, but he was not able to find any traces of cancerous cells in it....



    it means that you are going to be ok as its just flu. Unfortunately that is how English works...



    my point being, the location is remote and even muggings are not ok in the surronding areas. you and your family deserve to be in a better location which will turn out to be a better bet even with no flashy amenities like a golf course or swimming pool....



    You are stretching it too far. Of course there are problems, and that is why you are not going to pay the per square feet rate of Aundh or Kothrud here, as an example. Will you?

    Your point about "flashy amenities" is an opinion, and I think people on this forum respect your opinion. Please don't dish out variations of what was said in a manner that is completely inaccurate -- The original poster never said anything about mugging not being a problem.

    Your point about the so called flashy amenities -- it's like saying why are you building expensive concrete roads in unsafe neighborhoods. Things like these are built with the hope that they will be useful. If not now, in the near term.

    "Better location" is a relative term, and it is not a constant. What is safe now, may not be so in the future. What is unsafe now will probably become the safest area in a matter of few years. My opinion -- people don't buy real estate -- like bread -- for immediate consumption. They generally buy it for the long term. If you think the builder has over priced the property given the "current" situation, don't buy. Again, it is a choice you make based on your opinion.
    CommentQuote
  • Does anyone know the updated schedule for handing out possession in t22 and t23.. Per my last communication, it is supposed to be on Oct, although I doubt that
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by monklabel
    Does anyone know the updated schedule for handing out possession in t22 and t23.. Per my last communication, it is supposed to be on Oct, although I doubt that


    Oct 2016 ? No chance

    hey kept end of 2017 in agreement for T 21..and likely to handover flats in summer of 17
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    My friend is an owner in BR who has been staying there for 2.5 years now. His biggest worry is fire safety. The external fire alarm system is disabled. The fire/smoke detectors in the common areas don't work, some even have the factory plastic cover on them so it is clear that no one has bothered to ever test them.


    I hope the balcony/terrace attached to the flats are open (not closed grill). That leaves residents with at least one escape route. ;-)
    CommentQuote
  • Anyone has the latest photos for T22-23? - Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • T22-23 Possession will start from Oct 2016, latest information per builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Same I heard too from builder... Max by Jan 17
    CommentQuote
  • will blueridge benefit from upcoming metro (shivajinagar - hinjawadi) whenever it comes up? I heard they are planning metro station bang in hinjawadi chowk. Dont know where will they get space. the juncture is mess right now even after road widening.
    CommentQuote
  • Hear from a Delhi wala---
    Delhi was a huge mess for metro dream and add to that messier people. Now Delhi metro is one of the world's best.
    Believe me the Chowk you are talking about is very very clean for metro dream.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raayba
    will blueridge benefit from upcoming metro (shivajinagar - hinjawadi) whenever it comes up? I heard they are planning metro station bang in hinjawadi chowk. Dont know where will they get space. the juncture is mess right now even after road widening.


    The proposed implementation is 2021 link]. Add a couple for delays, so if at all this happens it will be around 2023. No one knows how HInjawadi will shape up by that time.
    CommentQuote
  • Had been to Blue Ridge yesterday. Updating developments:


    The Good:
    - The Unit A (Tower 1-8) society management has probably taken cognizance of some comments posted here earlier and have put in a steel netting in the basement. Now it is not possible to enter this society from the side road adjacent to the golf course. Security improves.
    - The land-owner (is it Hulawale?) having land adjacent to BR has created 20-25 shops on this land by demolishing the earlier hap-hazard shops. It is like a shop "complex" now. It's not up-market but practical. Good for BR residents as it improves availability of items close by.
    - A rickshaw stand has come up on the land mentioned above. (However I hear that the rates charged are exorbitant and arbitrary)
    - Residency in the new towers (B1-B8) seems to be steadily increasing.


    The Bad:
    - The Unit B (Tower 9-14) society has not fixed the basement access issue as Unit A has done. Security remains a concern.
    - A "rough crowd" has started frequenting the complex in the evening. They sit/lie down in groups on the lawns around the main BR Circle/Fountain and ogle the girls. I saw few taking photos on their mobiles as young girls walked by. Some residents also talked about the nuisance. Hope residents have taken the matter up with BR township management.
    - At night few couples are "parked" behind motorcycles
    - Unit B (Tower 9-14) society management has demanded "refundable Security Deposit" of Rs. 10000 from each tenant. The tenants are up in arms against this.
    - Unit B (Tower 9-14) society management has stopped use of the Cricket Area amenity. A Friend's wife was especially angry about it. A group of women has planned to have a fun cricket tournament for ladies on the weekend and the Unit B society management refused permission to use it. Logic being "If we allow you then we will have to allow others (Bachelors!) too". So cricket remains banned in the area specifically meant to play cricket.
    - Unit B management has removed the net from the cricket area (the kind used in net-practice) to discourage use of that area. Without the net you probably have to keep running out of the society to the road to fetch the ball every now and then when it bounces over.
    - Badminton nets need replacement.
    - Security Systems such as finger scanning and intercom remains dis-functional in both Unit A and Unit B societies. Basement doors are typically open.
    - if you are well dressed then you can easily pass through whatever security is implemented. Applies to both Unit A and B societies.


    Observation about general Hinjawadi area (outside BR)
    - Have heard that some of the petrol pumps on the main road cheat customers who are not vigilant. Some cases where folks are deliberately distracted on some pretext and the person putting in the petrol quietly resets the reading. So be careful and watchful when you use these pumps.
    - Traffic during office exit times is a night-mare
    - Xion Mall has a functional E Square cinema now. It is good because if provides some local social opportunity and also bad because the entry-exit is on the main road that already has night-marish traffic.
    CommentQuote
  • I see that rates quoted by builder for under-construction flats in T21 thru T24 is much higher than the rates in 99acres for ready to move in flats. Does this mean that investors are copping out (or encashing while they can), while builder is playing the game of who blinks first?


    I see rates as low as 75 lakhs for 2 BHK, whereas builders rates are as much as 95 lakhs (all inclusive?)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by NG2012
    I see that rates quoted by builder for under-construction flats in T21 thru T24 is much higher than the rates in 99acres for ready to move in flats. Does this mean that investors are copping out (or encashing while they can), while builder is playing the game of who blinks first?


    I see rates as low as 75 lakhs for 2 BHK, whereas builders rates are as much as 95 lakhs (all inclusive?)



    In general, I have found rates on websites like 99acres to be like honeypots to attract buyers. Once you contact them, they'll tell you that the flat has been sold but they have other options available.
    CommentQuote