Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Last updated: August 7 2017
4010 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Blue Ridge Project - PUNE

I visited BR last weekend to enquire about the Club Membership. Here are some key takeaways:
    1) membership is around 3.37L all inclusive.
    2) membership is transferrable for 10 years. However, the buyer will have to purchase it at the current rate (rate at the time of transfer). Lets take an example -- you buy the membership at 3L today. After 3 years, you sell the membership (probably because you decided to not live at BR after all). Lets say that at that time, the membership costs 6L. You will have to give 50% profit to the club (1.5L).
    3) There will be some annual maintenance charges even if you don't use the club.
    4) they are planning to construct a boutique hotel in the club, but they do not have any concrete numbers about how much discount would the club members receive. The same applies to the banquet hall.
    5) there will be a multi-cuisine restaurant, but the management doesn't want to comment on the % discount to members.
    6) there will be facilities like swimming pools, TT rooms et all. However, other facilities like tennis courts will be charged on a pay-per-use basis. Again, they do not have any data about how much would these facilities cost, or the % discount for members.
    7) they do not want to commit to dedicate some facilities as "members-only". When asked, I was told that the doors to all the facilities may be opened to non-members. The only exception being the gym-- however they did not want to commit to that too, and I got a sense of things being uncertain.
    8) my analysis is that as it stands, the club membership deal is unfairly skewed in favor of BR management. The only crisp, definite number that they have is the membership fee. Everything else (read benefits) is up in the air, and can be modified at any point of time. The boutique hotel will be built on the club premises, yet there is no apparent/measurable benefit of the same to members. Needless to say, I decided to not go for it (not until I know the benefits and they pin everything in the membership agreement).
    Last edited by guestfrom80s; March 20 2014, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by guestfrom80s View Post
      I visited BR last weekend to enquire about the Club Membership. Here are some key takeaways:
      2) membership is transferrable for 10 years. However, the buyer will have to purchase it at the current rate (rate at the time of transfer). Lets take an example -- you buy the membership at 3L today. After 3 years, you sell the membership (probably because you decided to not live at BR after all). Lets say that at that time, the membership costs 6L. You will have to give 50% profit to the club (1.5L).
      3) There will be some annual maintenance charges even if you don't use the club.
      4) they are planning to construct a boutique hotel in the club, but they do not have any concrete numbers about how much discount would the club members receive. The same applies to the banquet hall.
      5) there will be a multi-cuisine restaurant, but the management doesn't want to comment on the % discount to members.
      6) there will be facilities like swimming pools, TT rooms et all. However, other facilities like tennis courts will be charged on a pay-per-use basis. Again, they do not have any data about how much would these facilities cost, or the % discount for members.
      7) they do not want to commit to dedicate some facilities as "members-only". When asked, I was told that the doors to all the facilities may be opened to non-members. The only exception being the gym-- however they did not want to commit to that too, and I got a sense of things being uncertain.
      8) my analysis is that as it stands, the club membership deal is unfairly skewed in favor of BR management. The only crisp, definite number that they have is the membership fee. Everything else (read benefits) is up in the air, and can be modified at any point of time. The boutique hotel will be built on the club premises, yet there is no apparent/measurable benefit of the same to members. Needless to say, I decided to not go for it (not until I know the benefits and they pin everything in the membership agreement).
      Sounds like you first pay a premium to book a flat with all these amenities around you and then you pay for the same amenities to use them?

Comment

basis what you have written makes sense...my counter view is that why the hell anyone will pay 3.5 lakhs if one can use all the facilities on use-basis....they will surely propose benefits to members in line with market practices to justify the price tag...playing safe they wont commit anything now

given lack of clarity it sounds like a good idea to skip membership as of now

Comment

Any idea when boutique hotel in the club is going to start ? I can get group of my friends at BR to party there for a change.
          If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

1) ...
            In my view it is a good decision to not proceed with membership as of now. We formed a group of 50 residents to negotiate membership terms with Pranjapay but they were not able to committ on anything. Hence all of us decided not to go for it . Apart from Golf , other facilities provided in the club are not extra ordinary , so you will not be missing much by not taking membership. I think you will be able to enjoy all the facilities of club as a non-member. even if you have to pay extra amount , I am sure it will be less than the amount which you will be paying annually as maintenance fee (Please note that for golf, tennis and squash ; even members will have to usage fees though it may be less than paid by non-member) .

Comment

Originally posted by lazybone007 View Post
              Sounds like you first pay a premium to book a flat with all these amenities around you and then you pay for the same amenities to use them?
              Actually , you are right . There was tennis court planned between tower 2 and 3 (model displayed in sales office still shows as tennis court) but it never came over there and instead they are coming with tennis court in golf club which will be charged .. sigh

One thing which is hurting many residents like me is the lack of community hall . In a society of 8 towers (T1-8) we dont have a place where society can celebrate indoor.. i think it was big miss by builder ...now we will have to shed money for the banquet hall etc which may come in golf club

Comment

The club membership would be worth it if the club turns out even half as good as whats promised.
                (Assuming one has family members who are at the age and stage in life where club facilities make sense)

Unless run by dimwits (which unfortunately cannot be ruled out.. ) , any club would have substantial difference in charges for members vs non members.. so as to make the membership seem worthwhile and attractive..

The gamble here is will the big ball shown in the brochure come up as promised, cuz if it does then i def see the membership charges only rising.

Comment

new tower rate is rs 6200 (20 to 23) available only on higher floors.

Comment

Originally posted by brres13 View Post
                    The club membership would be worth it if the club turns out even half as good as whats promised.
                    (Assuming one has family members who are at the age and stage in life where club facilities make sense)

Unless run by dimwits (which unfortunately cannot be ruled out.. ) , any club would have substantial difference in charges for members vs non members.. so as to make the membership seem worthwhile and attractive..

The gamble here is will the big ball shown in the brochure come up as promised, cuz if it does then i def see the membership charges only rising.

Clarity is important. You can't trust builders.

Comment

Regarding BR Club membership, isn't this same in all the clubs in Pune. Deccan Gymkhana, PYC, Boat Club - all of them have membership fees and usage charges.

The biggest benefit of membership is, members always get preference. Try booking a badminton court or tennis court in Deccan Gymkhana or PYC. They are always unavailable. Even in much smaller clubs like Sindh Society, its always very difficult to get badminton court. Also, usage changes are much less for member as compared to non-members.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X