Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3896 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • thats the biggest problem with the larger projects that the they take a long time almost 5-6 years to build and most of the time builders take payment on slab .so u made payment of almost 80 percent when even 50 percent of the work is done.

hope the higher interest rate put pressure and rate again come to sub 3000 levels
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Don't believe in what is merely PROPOSED or in DP. Buy based on what you see, NOW.

Its an age old strategy to invest where you see a prospectus. Even of there is no Proposed/DP road but has a prospectus then decide your period of holding & if you can invest, I would say its wise to invest.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Naveen_Flat
    Its an age old strategy to invest where you see a prospectus. Even of there is no Proposed/DP road but has a prospectus then decide your period of holding & if you can invest, I would say its wise to invest.

BR must be having over 50% of investors already. More the investors, lesser is the return.

Again, buying in projects like BR means you have limited buyers:- Ones who work in Hinjewadi IT park. Add to it projects like Megapolis which I think is more VFM than BR. This will put even downward trend.

Btw, do you think that after 10 yrs, someone will really buy that flat (so old one) ?? And hardly anyone will shift right now. Hence, for initial stages, you will be required to put the flat on rent, which gives pathetic returns.

Add to it the US recession, the IT will be the most hammered sector.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SunAndSand
    I think L&T Infotech and Accenture are housed in Blueridge SEZ. Does anybody know which other companies are/will be housed there?

L&T Infotech is already operational... apart from that following companies will be part of BR SEZ

Accenture
    Aker Power Gas
    Geometric
    CRISIL
    KPIT Cummins
    Persistent
    Tata Technologies
    vSynergize
    Harbinger
    Blink Tech
    Siphomax
    AurionPro/Sena Systems
    Sasken

Around 16000 people are expected to work at BR SEZ by 2012 out which 2500 have already started. It could add another 18000 by 2014. BR SEZ has also applied LEED certification.

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by theinvincible
    L&T Infotech is already operational...

theinvincible,

Saw ur first post on this n wanted ur genuine opinion on the finished product (well not finished yet, but few towers visible).

what do u think about external finish and quality of internals? does it really look *world class* to u?

With bungalows out and replaced by *private*, *paid* golf course, do u still think u own something big and nice as it looks from the hoardings (nice gardens n all)?

Don't u think that if HJ infra improves over time, ur travel time from other parts on west side will also reduce drastically and being next to office won't matter as much as it does today? (In fact that is the reason infra is being kept in pathetic state so that land and schemes in/around HJ can sell. also see HJ first initiative)

what is ur honest opinion?
    CommentQuote
  • So instead of cricket ball breaking glasses problem in old neighbourhoods, do we have golf ball breaking heads problem in Blue Ridge. What are they
    going to do about it ? Erect high fences and deface the whole scene.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pune_friend
    theinvincible,

Saw ur first post on this n wanted ur genuine opinion on the finished product (well not finished yet, but few towers visible).

what do u think about external finish and quality of internals? does it really look *world class* to u?

With bungalows out and replaced by *private*, *paid* golf course, do u still think u own something big and nice as it looks from the hoardings (nice gardens n all)?

Don't u think that if HJ infra improves over time, ur travel time from other parts on west side will also reduce drastically and being next to office won't matter as much as it does today? (In fact that is the reason infra is being kept in pathetic state so that land and schemes in/around HJ can sell. also see HJ first initiative)

what is ur honest opinion?

Dude,

It will be difficult to give an honest opinion...as I own a flat in BR...so my opinions will always be biased...
    Well most people on this forum have a cynical view on almost everything..its good to knows all the pros and cons...but then against better or worse judgement..i have booked a flat...and i very happy with the decision

Anyways i will suggest you to visit BR.. go to tower 1 ... sample flats can be misleading...but even if you check the lobby...u will realize ..that are not many buildings with such quality in Pune...The construction is best that i seen in pune..and almost comparable to Oberois/Hiranadani of Mumbai ( Having visited Oberoi/Hirandani...I make this statement)

I wanted to replace one of the showers...BR was providing bathroom fitting from a company called Grohe.... A simple hand shower from Grohe costs 17K... Just want to highlight the quality they are providing...

Well mental peace to me ..is perhaps more time with family...less travel to work...peaceful surroundings....with BR i get that....it works for me coz i am sure that if i am in Pune..I will be working in Hinjewadi only....may not work for everyone

It is difficult to picture the entire township...with golf course and all...and honestly it is still..5-6 years away...but then i am very satisfied with what i have seen till date... u take any flat from tower 1 to 8...facing outwards...view is mesmerizing...and hopefully it will stay the same for atleast 3/4 years

Well..its difficult to speculate on Infra improvements...In my last 5 years i have seen it deteriorating..only.....infra may improve but distance still remains the same.....considering the petrol prices...as on date...its would save a lot on traveling...... my calculation is something like this... From Sus road to Phase II is 13 km...one way... i.e. 2 litres of petrol per day =Rs 140... From BR...it is less than 3.5 km one way...so 0.5 litres of petrol per day i.e. Rs. 35 ...So on an average i save Rs 100 on petrol every day + traveling time... I feel it is great deal.....

I hope i have answered all your queries...let me know if you have more...I will suggest to take some time out and visit BR...

Cheers
    CommentQuote
    Dude,

It will be difficult to give an honest opinion...as I own a flat in BR...so my opinions will always be biased...
    Well most people on this forum have a cynical view on almost everything..its good to knows all the pros and cons...but then against better or worse judgement..i have booked a flat...and i very happy with the decision

Anyways i will suggest you to visit BR.. go to tower 1 ... sample flats can be misleading...but even if you check the lobby...u will realize ..that are not many buildings with such quality in Pune...The construction is best that i seen in pune..and almost comparable to Oberois/Hiranadani of Mumbai ( Having visited Oberoi/Hirandani...I make this statement)

I wanted to replace one of the showers...BR was providing bathroom fitting from a company called Grohe.... A simple hand shower from Grohe costs 17K... Just want to highlight the quality they are providing...

Well mental peace to me ..is perhaps more time with family...less travel to work...peaceful surroundings....with BR i get that....it works for me coz i am sure that if i am in Pune..I will be working in Hinjewadi only....may not work for everyone

It is difficult to picture the entire township...with golf course and all...and honestly it is still..5-6 years away...but then i am very satisfied with what i have seen till date... u take any flat from tower 1 to 8...facing outwards...view is mesmerizing...and hopefully it will stay the same for atleast 3/4 years

Well..its difficult to speculate on Infra improvements...In my last 5 years i have seen it deteriorating..only.....infra may improve but distance still remains the same.....considering the petrol prices...as on date...its would save a lot on traveling...... my calculation is something like this... From Sus road to Phase II is 13 km...one way... i.e. 2 litres of petrol per day =Rs 140... From BR...it is less than 3.5 km one way...so 0.5 litres of petrol per day i.e. Rs. 35 ...So on an average i save Rs 100 on petrol every day + traveling time... I feel it is great deal.....

I hope i have answered all your queries...let me know if you have more...I will suggest to take some time out and visit BR...

Cheers

Man, I appreciate your opinion & also respect your views being a buyer of BR. This is good for forum too as we can get direct feedback from a buyer him/herself. However, I find many people requirements don't meet what BR provides, the main ones are:-

> The distance to Hinjewadi is nothing, so commuting here is a breeze. But man, isn't there anything beyond Hinjewadi ?? I know several people who stay at Magarpatta City shop at Camp rather than commercial area within the township. They dine at hotels outside MP city. It is only that their children go to MP city school, but man, you get very good schools outside townships too.

> Your argument holds true if it is only you & your wife & maybe a kid are going to stay there. If you are with your parents, forgot about projects like BR, Mpolis etc.

> Your fuel expense is cut, travel time reduced.......only if you talk about travel between office & your home. What when you travel elsewhere ?? The distance here will ruin entire savings of the week :D. Take my case, I stay in Pune West, but have traveled to Lifestyle, K'nagar & Inorbit Mall, Vimannagar.....all this despite having good shops at walking distance from my house.

> If someone is dependent on public transport, including rickshaws, just forgot about them in this area. Atleast in areas of PS, Wakad we get rickshaw even if they don't ply on meter & charge more, but atleast they are there when required.

> If your wifey also works, & she is not an ITG, then Hinjewadi is straightway ruled out even if flat is for free. You know what I mean.....:D.

All in all, DINK family, both ITGs & both at Hinjewadi who don't want to work outside H'wadi, then BR is good, but even if you get good opportunity at say K'nagar or V'ngr IT parks, then you had it !!:bab (22):

> Other drawback is the neighbors.............all will be ITGs with no variety :o. Personally, I prefer people from various backgrounds.

While buying a house, it is better to keep all options open about the future based on which one should take a call. Remember, home is not a cell-fone or a car which you can change within few months of purchase if not happy with it.
    CommentQuote
    Dude,

Cheers

Thanks, theinvincible.
    Well, my visit to BR turned out to be a surprising disappointment for majority of points. That's why I asked ur views as things were a lot different from my expectation. Was thinking if I missed something. Anyway, here it goes...

Got a dropped shoulders feeling when I visited the sales office. Even fountain at the front of the sales office didn't look like being maintained even though there is a long way to go for the scheme to complete (and then maintain forever...). If this meant that they are completely sold out for next 5-10 years and hence don't have to worry at all, well and good. If not, ...:D

Entering the parking gave a typical paranjape feel.. nothing different (those who have seen or lived in other smaller ps societies will understand what I am saying). This is not to undermine/praise other ps schemes but again expectation from bigger township was that it won't feel like typical paranjape!

Sample flat was biggest disappointment. We were wondering why they were asking to have a look. It was not maintained to be display of what one would get as finished home. But as we saw few other flats, it looked like it was.

Barring a few sanitary fittings, internals (flooring, doors, marble, almost everything) looked like corners were cut to save cost. There was no feel of grace, rich finish. Was contrasting the space (super built up) and price being charged.

Called elevator to go up and get a feel. Elevator took huge amount of time to come by. Went up and then thud.... lift halted with a jerk due to power cut. Guy talked to someone and after sometime it started again... it went down almost 20+ floors !!! Got scared if u are trying to reach someone, especially in medical emergency. Of someone suffocates in case of delay.

Came up and saw the view. As you have said, the height did give a much better feel. But that's about it. Any tall building would probably give that. Thought they will have smooth sliding doors of good quality to take care of vibration and other issues due to height (something not to be worried for low height buildings). But it didn't look like. Either my limited knowledge or again cost cutting :-(

Last part:
    Talked to sales guy. Usual stuff, only few flats available in odd locations on extreme floors. Nothing else available. Huge possession time lines (even though I told I am looking for close to possession).
    Same age old experience as with most builders - trying to sell what they want to sell rather than give what I am looking for. Although price was a big bar (with huge loading being used - 30 % on everything), there was no way they could expect me to book as nothing really offered.

Overall, I was looking forward to world-class township with great finish, but felt like any other scheme with corners cut for saving cost. I know they may have financial issues due to first launch failure (at high rates). Looked like all money was being charged for space (carpet size) only. Even space is not much in recent "compact"/"slim fit" 1-2 bhk flats.

Last but not the least, did not feel like they will be able scale to set up and maintain it lifelong with efficiency (read - cost).

Looked like I missed seeing something. Or may be not

Cars costing in "khoka" were parked outside the sales office. No marks for guessing who those belonged to
    I simply took out my "common man" vehicle and came back...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pune_friend
    Thanks, theinvincible.
    Well, my visit to BR turned out to be a surprising disappointment for majority of points. That's why I asked ur views as things were a lot different from my expectation. Was thinking if I missed something. Anyway, here it goes...

Got a dropped shoulders feeling when I visited the sales office. Even fountain at the front of the sales office didn't look like being maintained even though there is a long way to go for the scheme to complete (and then maintain forever...). If this meant that they are completely sold out for next 5-10 years and hence don't have to worry at all, well and good. If not, ...:D

Entering the parking gave a typical paranjape feel.. nothing different (those who have seen or lived in other smaller ps societies will understand what I am saying). This is not to undermine/praise other ps schemes but again expectation from bigger township was that it won't feel like typical paranjape!

Sample flat was biggest disappointment. We were wondering why they were asking to have a look. It was not maintained to be display of what one would get as finished home. But as we saw few other flats, it looked like it was.

Barring a few sanitary fittings, internals (flooring, doors, marble, almost everything) looked like corners were cut to save cost. There was no feel of grace, rich finish. Was contrasting the space (super built up) and price being charged.

Called elevator to go up and get a feel. Elevator took huge amount of time to come by. Went up and then thud.... lift halted with a jerk due to power cut. Guy talked to someone and after sometime it started again... it went down almost 20+ floors !!! Got scared if u are trying to reach someone, especially in medical emergency. Of someone suffocates in case of delay.

Came up and saw the view. As you have said, the height did give a much better feel. But that's about it. Any tall building would probably give that. Thought they will have smooth sliding doors of good quality to take care of vibration and other issues due to height (something not to be worried for low height buildings). But it didn't look like. Either my limited knowledge or again cost cutting :-(

Last part:
    Talked to sales guy. Usual stuff, only few flats available in odd locations on extreme floors. Nothing else available. Huge possession time lines (even though I told I am looking for close to possession).
    Same age old experience as with most builders - trying to sell what they want to sell rather than give what I am looking for. Although price was a big bar (with huge loading being used - 30 % on everything), there was no way they could expect me to book as nothing really offered.

Overall, I was looking forward to world-class township with great finish, but felt like any other scheme with corners cut for saving cost. I know they may have financial issues due to first launch failure (at high rates). Looked like all money was being charged for space (carpet size) only. Even space is not much in recent "compact"/"slim fit" 1-2 bhk flats.

Last but not the least, did not feel like they will be able scale to set up and maintain it lifelong with efficiency (read - cost).

Looked like I missed seeing something. Or may be not

Cars costing in "khoka" were parked outside the sales office. No marks for guessing who those belonged to
    I simply took out my "common man" vehicle and came back...

Thanks for this wonderful post man :).
    invincible, just forgot to add it older post that BR is no match to Hiranandani. The feel of the buildings of Hiranandani are far more superior than BR.

*punefriend, I got the meaning of what you meant by typical parking of Paranjape :D. You will get same feel even at La Cresta, Sopanbaugh.
    CommentQuote
    Dude,

Cheers

If you just want to reduce commute then wont renting be better there than outright buying preferably at walkable distance from office ? It'll also not cost you anything to replace quality fixtures !
    It'll take more than 5 years for any kind of infra to develop there .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork
    Most of the new projects that I'm seeing are charging certain amount/percentage if you cancel bookings . I've seen upto 50% amount forfeited . So hard to believe that builders are returning full amount unless u had booked at a rate say like 2500 few months back , didnt enter an agreement and the builder is now selling at 3000 .

Last year I booked a 3bhk row house at Manjri Greens near Hadapsar but due to some unavoidable circumstances I had to cancel my booking. Before cancellation, I had already paid 5.5 lakhs (inc 1 lakh booking amount) to the builder, completed the documentation part including my loan sanction letter from the bank, although my disbursements weren’t started then. My payment receipts did mention a 10% cancellation charges. I submitted a cancellation request to the builder with a special mention about waiving off any cancellation charges,if applicable.

To my surprise, they refunded the entire down payment (no deductions) within 5 days and without any hassles. Either I must be lucky or this builder was really genuine which is quite rare! Whatever be the case, I made a lucky escape!
    Cheers!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pratams
    Last year I booked a 3bhk row house at Manjri Greens near Hadapsar but due to some unavoidable circumstances I had to cancel my booking. Before cancellation, I had already paid 5.5 lakhs (inc 1 lakh booking amount) to the builder, completed the documentation part including my loan sanction letter from the bank, although my disbursements weren’t started then. My payment receipts did mention a 10% cancellation charges. I submitted a cancellation request to the builder with a special mention about waiving off any cancellation charges,if applicable.

To my surprise, they refunded the entire down payment (no deductions) within 5 days and without any hassles. Either I must be lucky or this builder was really genuine which is quite rare! Whatever be the case, I made a lucky escape!
    Cheers!

Indeed you are lucky. Usually builders with a shady project charge cancellation fees as they know it will be difficult to find another bakra. In this case it might be possible that the row houses have many buyers (at more rate than what you booked) and hence builder was more than happy to cancel your deal.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

I am planning to buy a 3 BHK premium flat in Blue Ridge. Kindly let me know if some one is interested in selling one.

Regards,
    Rahul
    CommentQuote
  • As per latest information, a commercial golf course will be developed in place of the bungalows.

As per earlier original plan, BR residents had unrestricted, free access to this part of the scheme. FSI of this entire land plot was used to construct bungalows in the middle and stuff majority of units vertically in the surrounding towers.

Now, BR residents will not have access to this space. This golf course and clubhouse will be commercial and paid.

IMO, this is cheating by the developer. Having unrestricted/free access to the bungalow area of the scheme was one of the huge advantages of the scheme. It was nice to roam around or just take a stroll in bungalow area. Why not? Bungalow part is a part of this integrated township and its FSI has been used to stuff units vertically in towers.

Now, tower residents are left with very less and lesser usable space (considering there are 2500+ flats in towers).

All the best with the free view of this paid golf course.
    CommentQuote