Collapse

Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Last updated: 2 weeks ago
4010 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

My last few posts have been about why I feel BR does not deserve anything above Rs 6000 p.s.f. To put things in perspective, let me also state what I do consider good value.

Before I shifted to Pune, I was looking at a flat in Thane. It was in a single building society with 32 flats and 8 shops and no amenities. Asking price as Rs 12000 p.s.f (I hear is it Rs 14000 to 15000 now).

I felt that was a good deal to puruse because it had:

- 2 KM walk to Thane Railway station
    - 450 meters to Major MSRTC bus stop
    - 50 meters to BEST and TMT bus stop
    - Auto stand at gate
    - All required shops in 100 meters
    - Superb Mall at 1.4 KM walking distance
    - Major recreational facilities (park, Lake with boating, play areas) within 2 KM walking distance
    - Lake view from living room.
    - 500 meters to national highway. Pick-up points for almost all companies within Mumbai/Thane from that point.
    - Vibrant neighbourhood, even at 10 PM
    - Families going out for walk at 11 PM. Eateries, Ice cream shops etc open late light to cater to these walkers
    - Basically anything you want within 2KM radius.

I guess people get the point. There is a limit to what you pay for the stuff that lies within the society gate. Beyond that, I expect solid value to justify the higher price.

Comment

I read in another thread that there was a way to check sale transaction online.

Can someone guide how I can check re-sale transaction prices for BR that way? (What is the link and what data need to be entered/where that data can be found)

Comment

Originally posted by sudhashbahu View Post
        I read in another thread that there was a way to check sale transaction online.

Can someone guide how I can check re-sale transaction prices for BR that way? (What is the link and what data need to be entered/where that data can be found)
        not of any use... it shows the agreement value ... white money only...

Comment

Originally posted by kingkrunal View Post
          not of any use... it shows the agreement value ... white money only...
          That's fine. at least let me learn how to check.

Comment

The public transport problem is linked to BR's location. BR is an exclusive township that is served by a single road and gate. And unfortunately the Blue Ridge SEZ and housing complex are the only entities on the road. There is no incentive for Auto or bus stops to open closer to BR. Most other entities close by are offices and colleges. The offices arrange for their own transport and the students mostly use bikes.
            BR will have to come up with its own transport solution. and that will be a challenge as it needs to be fully and solely dependent on BR residents.

Yes, for all practical purposes the BR world is restricted to the within the society gates.

You misunderstood. I did not say there is no social interaction. I said there will be no long-term social interaction. There are families with kids, but most are tenants who will change every 11/22 months. Owners are mostly from outside Pune and most don't stay there. Whoever I have met will date are tenants ... unless by some strange twist of fate, all owners went on holidays since I moved there and all tenants chose to stay behind, given impression that people staying are mostly tenants.

The problem is again with location. The shops have to be fully and solely dependent on BR residents for business. I don't picture people traveling from around Pune to BR to these shops.

There is a saying that in RE, what matters is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

I believe it to be largely true. An ordinary society in a good location is better than a posh/exclusive society at an isolated location. And in my personal opinion BR's location is not currently conducive to a good quality of life. Agreed that BR has good amenities within the society gates but beyond the gates is a large void. It is like a bird in a golden cage.
            The Biggest Factor in favour of BR is the school. Without that at least 50% of the tenants wouldn't come near BR. The school is the ONLY reason I came to BR.

I moved from Mumbai to an old complex in Pimpri four years ago. Even though I had no friends and relatives, the location of the complex was good enough that I did not feel an impact on my general quality of life. Then I shifted from there to a complex in Pimple Gurav and even there I did not feel an impact on my general quality of life. Kids wanted to go for movie, no problem. My wife managed. Kids wanted to go to a mall, no problem. My wife managed.

I shifted to BR recently and see a tremendous negative impact on the quality of life. My Wife does not drive but the locations of my previous rentals were good such that my wife was independent and could do whatever she liked on her own. At BR she is fully dependent on me as she does not drive.

Even I feel the impact. As I said in my previous post, I had to drive to Hinjewadi Chowk to get milk.

My PERSONAL opinion is that fair value for BR is Rs 5000 p.s.f and max is Rs 6000 p.s.f. This is what justifies what is within the society gates. Why should you pay Rs 9000 p.s.f. if life outside of the society gates is a headache?
            Is BR 9000 PSF ? I thought its 6200 ?

Agree BR is pain for people who rely on public transportation and things are unlikely to change in at least next 2-3 years....it might be still an ok option for nuclear families with two vehicles

I sympathize with your situation...for pretty much for same reasons my wife is refusing to move to BR for next few years ( even though both of us never use public transport and have no penchant for local shopping for vegetables etc)

anyways...why don't you go back to Pimpri Chinchwad ? Curious on what makes you stay at BR in spite of so many problems and seeing a such a -ve impact on quality of life ?

Im sure you are not at BR to save few Ks on rent ....You mentioned kid's school but you can get schools in all parts of Pune....

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
              Is BR 9000 PSF ? I thought its 6200 ?

Agree BR is pain for people who rely on public transportation and things are unlikely to change in at least next 2-3 years....it might be still an ok option for nuclear families with two vehicles

I sympathize with your situation...for pretty much for same reasons my wife is refusing to move to BR for next few years ( even though both of us never use public transport and have no penchant for local shopping for vegetables etc)

anyways...why don't you go back to Pimpri Chinchwad ? Curious on what makes you stay at BR in spite of so many problems and seeing a such a -ve impact on quality of life ?

Im sure you are not at BR to save few Ks on rent ....You mentioned kid's school but you can get schools in all parts of Pune....
              I took rental at BR solely due to school. My kids used to travel 50-60 minutes each way to school and were very tired. BR brings their travel time to zero (almost).

Comment

I took rental at BR solely due to school. My kids used to travel 50-60 minutes each way to school and were very tired. BR brings their travel time to zero (almost).
                So are you suggesting that similar quality schools were not available in Pimpri/ Wakad ? Im a bit confused as your posts have all sorts of -ves for staying in BR and you still live there.... As a tenant you have ultimate freedom to choose LOCATION and Societies....What stops you from moving out ? Are there some positives of staying in BR which you are not sharing as freely as you are sharing negatives ?

Even my daughter studies in BR and I have not got any exceptional feedback so far ....so planning to move to her to Vidya Valley Baner from next year...
                Last edited by Baruch; May 15 2014, 05:03 PM.

Comment

So are you suggesting that similar quality schools were not available in Pimpri/ Wakad ? Im a bit confused as your posts have all sorts of -ves for staying in BR and you still live there ? As a tenant you have ultimate freedom to choose LOCATION and Societies ? What stops you from moving out ? Are there some positives of staying in BR which you are not sharing as freely as you are sharing negatives ?

Even my daughter studies in BR and I have not got any exceptional feedback so far ....so planning to move to her to Vidya Valley Baner from next year...
                  BR is a reasonably good school, both my kids are happy there. I don't wish to change kids school now (unless I move out of Pune).

Comment

BR is a reasonably good school, both my kids are happy there. I don't wish to change kids school now (unless I move out of Pune).
                    ok ...makes sense....so school is driving your decision...wish you had done more research before moving to BR as surely better schools are available elsewhere...would have helped you avoid such a -ve impact on quality of life...
                    Last edited by Baruch; May 15 2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

ok ...makes sense....so school is driving your decision...wish you had done more research before moving to BR as surely better schools are available elsewhere...would have helped you avoid such a -ve impact on quality of life...
                      When I came to Pune, I did not have any local knowledge. I took admission for kids in Podar International (pimpri) as the Podar school in Mumbai has a very good name.

It turned out to be a useless school and changed to BR. BR is reasonably good school so now don't want to change school again.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X