Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Last updated: 2 weeks ago
4012 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Anyone can share thoughts comparing the 2 schools in the BR locality:
    BR School and the Mercedes Benz School just outside the gates?

Comment

Originally posted by sudhashbahu View Post
      When I came to Pune, I did not have any local knowledge. I took admission for kids in Podar International (pimpri) as the Podar school in Mumbai has a very good name.

It turned out to be a useless school and changed to BR. BR is reasonably good school so now don't want to change school again.
      oh...hard luck...so you made mistake of poor research twice....first you got school wrong....second time you got school right but society wrong...:-(

why don't you switch to Wakad and let kids study in BR....I see merit of kids needing not to travel for school but that alone should not dictate your decision specially given the poor state of affairs in BR...99% of kids travel 2-5 kms for school...that's pretty normal....

Comment

Originally posted by humble_guy View Post
        You must be super-rich to even think of the Merc Benz school. Check the school fees.

http://mbis.org/images/pdf/Fee%20Str...%202013-14.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
          oh...hard luck...so you made mistake of poor research twice....first you got school wrong....second time you got school right but society wrong...:-(

why don't you switch to Wakad and let kids study in BR....I see merit of kids needing not to travel for school but that alone should not dictate your decision specially given the poor state of affairs in BR...99% of kids travel 2-5 kms for school...that's pretty normal....
          Well, I'm staying on rent so I am not committed to BR.

I'll use the 11 months lease period to make sure I am on sound footing when the lease expires.

Comment

Originally posted by humble_guy View Post
            BR School = Uttam Tikau Honda Accord

MB School = Lamborghini

If I ever move back to India and start living at BR......MB would be my :-( very very expensive )-: choice for our kids.
            Last edited by Superduper; May 16 2014, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sudhashbahu View Post
              You must be super-rich to even think of the Merc Benz school. Check the school fees.

http://mbis.org/images/pdf/Fee%20Str...%202013-14.pdf
              Thanks for the link. This is quite costly. Almost comparable to the prices of many good schools in Mumbai here.
              I also happened to browse through the images on the website for the Merc Benz school, does not look much fancy. A bit above average perhaps. nothing spectacular.

What are the fees like in the BR school? just an average annual cost would be fine.

Comment

I think we are going at it again and again. This has been discussed many times. You cannot be comparing a developed area with an under-construction township like BR.

BR's isolated location is advantage for some as it provides a getaway from utter city chaos. I'm not sure which areas of Pimpri is Sudhashbahu talking about but that would not be a fair comparison. You need to wait for few years before comparing BR with other developed areas like Baner, Balewadi or Pimpri.

And I quote again and again here - Indians, especially Pune residents, need to wake up and get past the idea that commercial shops should be at walking distance. That is what is killing Pune & India. Pune is not far away from becoming the world's polluted city, right after Delhi & this is because, we, do not want to change our ways of thinking. BR's isolated location, away from city center, offers you the pure lifestyle that your kids would need growing up. They don't need to be sitting in unsafe school buses, breathing polluted bad air every day.

If you are a temporary Pune resident, then I can understand the mindset behind not investing and just living on rent. That is a wise decision in the current market. But if you are living on rent & planning to invest in Pimpri or in one of the densely populated areas, then you may want to think again.

Comment

Originally posted by pnq2012 View Post
                  I think we are going at it again and again. This has been discussed many times.
                  Not sure what upsets you.

I put out data points and personal opinion after staying at BR for few weeks.

You may or may not agree. Your call.

Comment

I think we are going at it again and again. This has been discussed many times. You cannot be comparing a developed area with an under-construction township like BR.

BR's isolated location is advantage for some as it provides a getaway from utter city chaos. I'm not sure which areas of Pimpri is Sudhashbahu talking about but that would not be a fair comparison. You need to wait for few years before comparing BR with other developed areas like Baner, Balewadi or Pimpri.

And I quote again and again here - Indians, especially Pune residents, need to wake up and get past the idea that commercial shops should be at walking distance. That is what is killing Pune & India. Pune is not far away from becoming the world's polluted city, right after Delhi & this is because, we, do not want to change our ways of thinking. BR's isolated location, away from city center, offers you the pure lifestyle that your kids would need growing up. They don't need to be sitting in unsafe school buses, breathing polluted bad air every day.

If you are a temporary Pune resident, then I can understand the mindset behind not investing and just living on rent. That is a wise decision in the current market. But if you are living on rent & planning to invest in Pimpri or in one of the densely populated areas, then you may want to think again.
                    >> Indians, especially Pune residents, need to wake up and get past the idea that commercial shops should be at walking distance.

Well, not everyone has a station wagon or SUV in India where they can drive 10 miles to the Walmart store and stock up for the week/month. Most people would not even have storage to keep 1 month stock in small flats !
                    Even if you have an SUV, do you want to face the traffic ?
                    I liked the way Dwarka in Delhi is becoming.. there are commercial clusters on the main roads. Shops are not at walking distance but not very far either.

In any case, even I would not like a marketplace inside BR (if I were living there). about ten shops would do, for quick shopping.

>> You cannot be comparing a developed area with an under-construction township like BR.

I agree BR is one of the best places to stay in hinjewadi (I would not stay in hinjewadi in the first place). Prices dont justify it (even after accounting for golf course and n number of amenities) for the location though. I would have seriously considered it if prices were at a saner level. I even saw ads for resale 3bhk at 1.5 Cr on prop portals last week.
                    It is such insane prices that makes me compare BR with a developed area.
                    Last edited by Sat234; May 16 2014, 03:09 PM.

Comment

BR's isolated location is advantage for some as it provides a getaway from utter city chaos.

And I quote again and again here - Indians, especially Pune residents, need to wake up and get past the idea that commercial shops should be at walking distance. That is what is killing Pune & India.
                      You seem to be projecting BR as a get-away from the city location with relaxed lifestyle, clean air etc where people should not mind driving out to shops.

That is a valid lifestyle choice, but then the prices should also be accordance with the fact.

New York City is a busy crowded city. If you want a similar get-away, relaxed lifestyle etc, you would move away from New York City in to Upstate New York. The closest area would be Husdon Valley.

I checked Zillow.com for prices. (picked first listing that came in a search for update new york 3 bed homes)

A 3 bed + three bath bunglow of 1517 sq.ft carpet area situated in 0.34 Acres (yes one-third acre) land plot. With 3 parking spaces (750 sq.ft). Fully furnished kitchen + central AC/Heater + Washer + Drier is listed for $269,000. The Zillow estimated sale price is $240,000.

Even if you assume actual sale price of $250000, that is Rs 1.5 Crores.

At Blue ridge you get a 3 bed Flat for 1.2 Cr. Considering that in the Update New York home you get a large area of land around the house, you see that BR houses are way-way overpriced for what you get.

It is like paying core city prices for out-of-city living.

And add the fact that in the NY home, you can dial 911 and help will be at your door step in 15 minutes irrespective where you live.

AT BR if you call an ambulance at 6 PM, it will never reach you. The road will be blocked by company buses.

And that brings me to the moot point. Why are you calling an area near the SEZ where 1000s of people work and which see traffic of large number of company buses during office hours as "a getaway from utter city chaos".
                      Last edited by sudhashbahu; May 16 2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X