Collapse

Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Last updated: August 7 2017
4010 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Friends, forget that petrol pump at HJW. There are many other where petrol is cheaper, be it at Punawale or near Ambegaon towards Katraj side.
    And why should BR residents bother about petrol when they are going to walk to work in anycase ?

Now here comes a bummer :-

The junk Cong-NCP before going to get kicked out from MH state in forthcoming elections has changed the township act. Now no longer 100 acres land is needed for township, & the builder can now keep only 10% open space which is half as said earlier in 2008. This means, builder will now construct more & much lesser open space for township residents.
    Overall, except for Magarpatta, I think all township buyers maybe in for a mess.
    As far as BR is concerned, who knows, that golf course too make way for commercial space in future, at the end of the day, buyers don't own the land, nor have any say in development.

If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
      As far as BR is concerned, who knows, that golf course too make way for commercial space in future
      If that were to happen....it would be 1+ for those of us who classify their BR units in their books as also an "investment".
      Last edited by Superduper; May 28 2014, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Dont really see the Golf course being used for Commercial spaces. I do feel there is a lot more money to be made running the club.
        and there is also the factor of maintaining the image of the project, especially since there is scope of another township being launched close-by.

BTW construction seems to be progressing in full swing. Half of the 5th floor seems almost complete of T22 and T23 .

Comment

Originally posted by brres13 View Post
          Dont really see the Golf course being used for Commercial spaces. I do feel there is a lot more money to be made running the club.
          and there is also the factor of maintaining the image of the project, especially since there is scope of another township being launched close-by.

BTW construction seems to be progressing in full swing. Half of the 5th floor seems almost complete of T22 and T23 .
          the money made in club is way less as compared to build another IT park or SEZ or EVEN a commercial building and give it on rent ... You never know these builders...
          there is no scope of any more addition to township launch and which big builder ever worried about the IMAGE ????

Comment

As far as BR is concerned, who knows, that golf course too make way for commercial space in future, at the end of the day, buyers don't own the land, nor have any say in development.
            And that is the problem with the way things are governed in India. If the Govt. keeps changing rules like these, builders will tend to take advantage & buyers will suffer. And this is also because of buyer's demands to buy property near commercial spots. It is exactly the discussion I have been having in other forums that the main reason for such lack of planning is that we, buyers, expect everything close by. Why don't I see buyers demanding more recreation and parks instead of shops? They won't because by the end of the day, they care more about walking to stores than taking their kids to parks.

As far as BR is concerned, I wasn't a big fan of the golf course. I would have preferred a full fledged park with garden, play areas and walking tracks. But I'm probably the odd person out.

Originally posted by brres13 View Post
            Agree with the money part but not sure if they have got a good response for the club. Anyone knows how many members have they signed till date? Things seemed to have slowed down a bit.

Originally posted by kingkrunal View Post
            the money made in club is way less as compared to build another IT park or SEZ or EVEN a commercial building and give it on rent ... You never know these builders...
            there is no scope of any more addition to township launch and which big builder ever worried about the IMAGE ????
            I don't think they can build a SEZ on the piece of golf course land. They probably do not have that much FSI. But I won't be surprised if they drop the idea of the dome shaped golf club with hotel and instead build a club with commercial shops & restaurants around it.

Anyways, we will know that soon as excavation work near the golf club has started.

Comment

So what does this new township policy have to say about FSI? Don't the FSI rules still apply? If there is no change in FSI as a part of this new township policy, I'm not sure how Blue Ridge could construct anything on the currently planned open spaces. I'm assuming that the current towers use up all the FSI that was available to Paranjpe. Builders do not provide open spaces out of the goodness in their hearts but usually because they have no more FSI available to them
              Last edited by fnln510; May 29 2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pnq2012 View Post
                And that is the problem with the way things are governed in India. If the Govt. keeps changing rules like these, builders will tend to take advantage & buyers will suffer. And this is also because of buyer's demands to buy property near commercial spots. It is exactly the discussion I have been having in other forums that the main reason for such lack of planning is that we, buyers, expect everything close by. Why don't I see buyers demanding more recreation and parks instead of shops? They won't because by the end of the day, they care more about walking to stores than taking their kids to parks.
                Man, you can't compare US with India as what you said suits better for US.
                One can't expect to drive 2km just to get Amul ice-cream or drive 4km to get good stationary. Everyone likes to have open areas, garden around their locality but then it doesn't come at the cost of basic infra. This is like giving you gold plate but what you have as food on it is lemon. So, what's the use of gold plate ? Better have regular plates with good food.

As far as BR is concerned, I wasn't a big fan of the golf course. I would have preferred a full fledged park with garden, play areas and walking tracks. But I'm probably the odd person out.
                If this happens, from where will builder earn money ? The builder has already charged you high loading including the area for golf yet you pay membership. Ideally, I too would have liked a park rather than golf. Park looks much natural & you feel more close to nature than golf which is highly artificial.

I don't think they can build a SEZ on the piece of golf course land. They probably do not have that much FSI. But I won't be surprised if they drop the idea of the dome shaped golf club with hotel and instead build a club with commercial shops & restaurants around it.
                As per norms, builder can build as much as 40% more on the same land by using TDR. This means if BR has FSI of land say 1L sq ft, using TDR they can build 1.4L sq ft. Now this additional 40% construction can now be done on open spaces which exists now. And yes, building a SEZ or commercial building is much more profitable rather than golf membership. And in anycase, buyers here don't own the land, so they can't do anything even if half of the golf course gets removed.
                If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Man, you can't compare US with India as what you said suits better for US.
                  One can't expect to drive 2km just to get Amul ice-cream or drive 4km to get good stationary. Everyone likes to have open areas, garden around their locality but then it doesn't come at the cost of basic infra. This is like giving you gold plate but what you have as food on it is lemon. So, what's the use of gold plate ? Better have regular plates with good food.

If this happens, from where will builder earn money ? The builder has already charged you high loading including the area for golf yet you pay membership. Ideally, I too would have liked a park rather than golf. Park looks much natural & you feel more close to nature than golf which is highly artificial.

As per norms, builder can build as much as 40% more on the same land by using TDR. This means if BR has FSI of land say 1L sq ft, using TDR they can build 1.4L sq ft. Now this additional 40% construction can now be done on open spaces which exists now. And yes, building a SEZ or commercial building is much more profitable rather than golf membership. And in anycase, buyers here don't own the land, so they can't do anything even if half of the golf course gets removed.

I agree there are people who want to live in areas where everything is available
                  close by .. including your fav. Amul ice-cream

But then the neighbourhood more often than not gets soo crowded that they end up
                  driving 4 kms everyday to get to some park for a walk.
                  Many people drive everyday just to get to a gym or a park.

I would happily drive to Dmart or any place 4kms or more occasionally rather than live
                  in an over crowded area and face the music (honking) daily.

Comment

As per norms, builder can build as much as 40% more on the same land by using TDR. This means if BR has FSI of land say 1L sq ft, using TDR they can build 1.4L sq ft.
                    How do you know that BR hasn't already done this as a part of the exiting plans? When it is possible for a builder to build 1.4L sq ft. why would he construct only 1L now and leave .4 L for later ? If I were the builder I would get the max possible FSI upfront and design my township layout based on that. Besides, the golf course is now surrounded on all sides by 25-30 story towers. No one would be willing to live in the middle of that...it would never sell....thats the reason why the Paranpe's original plan had bungalows in the center of the towers which they subsequently converted to a golf course. They must have also realized that no one in their right mind would live in a bungalow surrounded by 30 story towers.

Comment

off topic - Infosys Engineer Murdered in Hinjewadi

सॉफ्टवेअर इंजिनिअरची हत्या-पुणे-महाराष्ट्र-Maharashtra Times

http://online3.esakal.com/NewsDetail...A5%82%E0%A4%A8

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X